IGNORED

Upcoming Babies 19: We Keep Track So They Don't Have To

Bethella

13 hours ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Here’s something that’s stuck with me since I learned about it. In 1972, Uruguayan Air Force Flight 571, carrying a Uruguayan rugby team, their friends and family, crashed into the Andes mountains. For 72 days the survivors battled the cold and starvation. How did they survive? Cannibalism. They ate the bodies of those who perished in the crash and subsequent avalanches.

They reasoned turning to cannibalism with this view:

Jesus died on the cross for our sins, so that we may live. They equated their decision to the Eucharist.

Matthew 26: 26

‘26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.”‘

As well as the verse John 15:13

‘Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.’

Their friends died so that they could live. 

I just don’t see how that can’t be applied to vaccines. Could it not be argued that these aborted fetuses can be used in the same manner? Their “deaths” can be used for betterment of lives. Their remains could be used to save countless lives. 

I hope this rambling mess makes some sense. 

(For more information on the rugby team and their ordeal check out Piers Paul Read’s book ‘Alive: The Story of the Andes Survivors.’ There is also a 1993 film based on the events called ‘Alive’.) 

This YouTube video is also quite informative:

The Catholic church specifically says that those vaccines can be used if there is no alternative available (for some diseases there are multiple brands of vaccine and not all vaccines have the fetus cell lines).  So, for catholics at least, the whole 'pro-life' thing is not a reason to not have vaccinations.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

7 hours ago, medimus said:

The Catholic church specifically says that those vaccines can be used if there is no alternative available (for some diseases there are multiple brands of vaccine and not all vaccines have the fetus cell lines).  So, for catholics at least, the whole 'pro-life' thing is not a reason to not have vaccinations.

The Catholics are super pro-vaccine. I spent two years at a Catholic university and if your vaccines weren't up-to-date by the first day of term, they would drop you from all of your classes. No messing around. We actually couldn't track down the record for my Hep B vaccine (we had a record of everything else) and waiting for the titer would have taken too long, so I got an extra round of Hep B :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 5

Elliott and Bethany Alexander had a baby, Henry, on 21 December 2020, and Oliver and Michelle Alexander are expecting their first sometime in 2021. In fact they’ve probably had the baby by now as they announced in July, according to the Alexander family blog.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Campbell and John Morton had a boy, Buchanan Wright Morton on the 12th. If I’m not mistaken, Buchanan is Campbell’s dad’s middle name and Wright is John’s middle name. I totally expected them to have John jr if it was a boy. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Campbell and John Morton had a boy, Buchanan Wright Morton on the 12th. If I’m not mistaken, Buchanan is Campbell’s dad’s middle name and Wright is John’s middle name. I totally expected them to have John jr if it was a boy. 

Me too. I figured he would be John Wright Morton Jr. and then just call him JJ or Johnny Jr.

I doubt they will call him Buchanan. They will probably call him Buck. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

I'm just glad it's a boy. Girls in Mortonville are chattel. And John's immaturity would make that disturbing fact even worse. 

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I doubt they will call him Buchanan. They will probably call him Buck. 

Addie put up a post where she calls him Bucky. 

The surname-as-first-name thing always rubs me the wrong way, but I suppose with a mother named Campbell he was pretty much doomed to it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

The surname-as-first-name thing always rubs me the wrong way, but I suppose with a mother named Campbell he was pretty much doomed to it.

I'm not super big on surnames as first names but when it's a family name, I don't mind it so much. Buchanan is his grandfather's middle name so the fact it isn't a random surname makes it more palatable for my personal taste.

Bucky is an unfortunate nickname though. Buck is bad enough but predictable from Buchanan. Bucky sounds like a two year old saying 'yucky'.

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1

2 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I would call him canon, it's a better nickname than Buck or Bucky

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I believe Campbell Conley Roberts is named after her mother. Who is Conley Campbell Roberts. They have some very interesting names in the Roberts family. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

To be fair, a lot of names that we think of as mainly first names started as last names. Hilary, Leslie, Bradley, all come to mind. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I don’t mind last names as first names unless they sound incredibly pretentious. Like the recent Collingsworth baby named Wellington. That’s just a little too much for me. Or Spurgeon of course. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

My dad used to always say you shouldn't trust a man whose first name could be his last name. Which is bollocks of course ( probably more to do with that naming style being more common with Protestants in NI) but I still hear him say it every time I hear names like that.

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

last names as first names unless they sound incredibly pretentious. Like the recent Collingsworth baby named Wellington. 

Oh boy, first thing I think of is the Wellington boot. Not sure if that's what they were going for.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Just now, WiseGirl said:

Oh boy, first thing I think of is the Wellington boot. Not sure if that's what they were going for.

They call him Wells for short. Which is better. But Wellington makes me think of beef.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3

Bucky reminds me of Bucky Barnes and I can live with that. ?

Spoiler

image.png.47655f4934b205de5599166a315551e7.png

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, GoddessOfVictory said:

Bucky reminds me of Bucky Barnes and I can live with that. ?

Hide contents

image.png.47655f4934b205de5599166a315551e7.png

Bucky reminds me of Joe Buck. 

9EE46B37-A529-4C86-B1C0-665265082301.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 4/15/2021 at 5:02 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t mind last names as first names unless they sound incredibly pretentious. Like the recent Collingsworth baby named Wellington. That’s just a little too much for me. Or Spurgeon of course. 

At first I read this as “Collingsworth” being the first name. I could totally see someone naming their twins Collingsworth and Wellington. ? Most pretentious names ever!

• Haha 10

3 minutes ago, GreenBeans said:

At first I read this as “Collingsworth” being the first name. I could totally see someone naming their twins Collingsworth and Wellington. ? Most pretentious names ever!

They are quite the pretentious fundie family. 

3 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Luckily, Collingsworth is a maiden name in this situation. Wellington's (Wells') last name is Blair. Makes me think he'll be in a reboot of Legally Blonde when he gets older with a name like that.

• Haha 8

23 minutes ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

Luckily, Collingsworth is a maiden name in this situation. Wellington's (Wells') last name is Blair. Makes me think he'll be in a reboot of Legally Blonde when he gets older with a name like that.

Yes! Wellington Henry Blair sounds like some snob at Harvard from Legally Blonde. His older brother is Winston. Which is a little better than Wellington. 

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

There’s a blogging family in the UK with two sets of twins. Boys called Balthazar Octavian Percival and Lysander Edmund Odysseus, and girls called Embla Felicity Minerva and Olympia Leto Beatrix. I’m not sure they’re the *most* pretentious names ever, but I do think Collingsworth and Wellington would need a couple of middle names to beat them.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1

47 minutes ago, Smee said:

There’s a blogging family in the UK with two sets of twins. Boys called Balthazar Octavian Percival and Lysander Edmund Odysseus, and girls called Embla Felicity Minerva and Olympia Leto Beatrix.

Sounds like members of the peerage!

(I googled them and saw that they are not...)

• Upvote 3

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic