• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Lori Alexander 78: Still Doodling to Go Viral

KDA
7 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Leroy Jethro Gibbs...NCIS. 

I'm only vaguely familiar with him but yes, I think so. 

Actually, Celtic Thunder. The original men. Paul Byrom, Ryan Kelly and George Donaldson, especially. Paul is especially sweet the way he took a young Damian under his wing. Watching them on You Tube is my favourite way to procrastinate when I have a tight deadline (as I do right now, which is why I've been on here so much, because I'm the Queen of Procrastination).

quiversR4hunting
19 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Leroy Jethro Gibbs...NCIS

YES!! Perfect example. 

louisa05

If you want to know what shapes the fundagelical definition of masculinity, read Jesus and John Wayne by Kristin Kobes Du Met. 

cindyluvs24

So now she's an expert on all things masculine?  cue maniacal laughter.

smittykins
21 hours ago, louisa05 said:

If you want to know what shapes the fundagelical definition of masculinity, read Jesus and John Wayne by Kristin Kobes Du Met. 

Reminds me of someone(Mark Driscoll?)claiming that he “couldn’t worship a Jesus he could beat up.”

AuntKrazy

I believe John Eldredge's "Wid at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul" has done a lot to make toxic masculinity more "mainstream" within evangelical culture and make it a waterdowned version within "fundie-lite" circles.   To me, it's the equivalent of what "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" did to mainstream the purity/courting movement within evangelical circles.  

These are the things that have led to craziness like The Nashville Statement and gender roles coming before Jesus.

To me, this is the basic heretical message of Lori - she ascribes the basic problem with the world as a gender struggle rather than a struggle to live righteously before God; which is ultimately both anti-Biblical and anti-Christian.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

louisa05
20 hours ago, AuntKrazy said:

I believe John Eldredge's "Wid at Heart: Discovering the Secret of a Man's Soul" has done a lot to make toxic masculinity more "mainstream" within evangelical culture and make it a waterdowned version within "fundie-lite" circles.   To me, it's the equivalent of what "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" did to mainstream the purity/courting movement within evangelical circles.  

These are the things that have led to craziness like The Nashville Statement and gender roles coming before Jesus.

To me, this is the basic heretical message of Lori - she ascribes the basic problem with the world as a gender struggle rather than a struggle to live righteously before God; which is ultimately both anti-Biblical and anti-Christian.

Jesus and John Wayne is a scholarly study of toxic masculinity teaching and culture in American evangelicalism. Just thought I’d clarify. The author isn’t promoting it or defining it so people can pursue it.