IGNORED

Lori Alexander 78: Still Doodling to Go Viral

2 hours ago, louisa05 said:

On the post about how awful young women are. Who wants to tell Ann Marie?

Hide contents

F6799035-5F98-43E7-A5AF-515E20F8C29F.png

That entire discussion is rich. Wanna bet LazyLori sees no commonality between Ann Marie’s friend and herself?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

@louisa05, I’d love to know what kinds of women these people hang around with. I know exactly *one* woman who used pregnancy entrapment to snag a husband. (It was SOP in her family of origin.)

• Upvote 5

16 hours ago, louisa05 said:

On the post about how awful young women are. Who wants to tell Ann Marie?

Hide contents

F6799035-5F98-43E7-A5AF-515E20F8C29F.png

This is the most delicious bit of irony I've ever seen.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

14 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

That entire discussion is rich. Wanna bet LazyLori sees no commonality between Ann Marie’s friend and herself?

Oh I really really hope these people are trolling Lori. But she's so oblivious that she can't even see it.

Just in case someone new sees this - Lori has publically admitted sabotaging her birth control in order to get pregnant with their second child without Ken knowing. So SHE'S the one who "told her husband she was on birth control but wasn't". Lori Alexander is the one who lied to her husband about being on birth control. Lori lied. Lori Alexander is a lying liar who lies. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Alyssa church has a female pastor? I’m shocked actually. But I know that saddleback church (Rick Warren’s church) also ordained some female pastors and theobros are throwing a big stick about it too. Probably some that Lori admires very much. 

• Upvote 5

On 5/10/2021 at 4:41 AM, brittbratkittykat said:

So it appears I might have an answer for why Lori has been going on and on about female preachers. It turns out Alyssa’s church has a female preacher. Talk about passive aggressive. 

Goodness how do you know?  I checked Alyssa’s IG and didn’t see anything.  Her IG is very on brand and stylized.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Alyssa church has a female pastor? I’m shocked actually.

It susprises me, too. But it doesn't mean that church isn't preaching hate. I've been following Alyssa for a long time and, while she hides it well, sometimes fundamentalism can be seen. Despite Lori's madness, she and her kids are close and share ideology. I uses to think that maybe hey were close just to benefit from money and jobs, but in the stories they are often in Lori's house like normal people in a normal grandma's house.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

Goodness how do you know?  I checked Alyssa’s IG and didn’t see anything.  Her IG is very on brand and stylized.

She tagged the location in her most recent Mother’s Day picture and I googled the church 

Edited by brittbratkittykat
  • Upvote 7

Speaking of churches, did you see this recent video Lori did on why she LOVES her new church: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30tmM_cymJ4

She basically threw her old church under the bus listing all the reasons why "she really didnt' like ANYTHING about it any more."

This is the same church Ken walked out of a few months ago because he disagreed with a sermon on women's roles in church.  This is also the SAME church in which her sister's husband is a SENIOR PASTOR.   I wonder how many awkward moments is created between the two families.   And I also wonder how long it will take the Alexanders to get beginning hating this new church and move on once again. (they have a pattern of leaving churches).

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

Lying LazyLori is a lying liar who lies. Again. don’t we all recall how she said she wishes she had been less confrontational with her older daughter and shown her some grace? Apparently those teenage years weren’t as enjoyable as she’s remembering. 

BB850D39-F89E-4909-8B7E-E247A4551CC2.png

E5080642-F257-455E-8768-38FE0DBC8E75.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

34 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Her insistence that no one have emotions is pathological. 

100%!   the only "emotions" allowed are cheerful, joyful, etc/  In the Bible it even states "Jesus wept."  Jesus showed all kinds of emotions.   She really is advising people to be robots.  It's sick and it's not normal. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I just watched Lori’s video about finding a new church. Several times she says “I wanted.....” 

That is very telling. Everything about the search for the perfect church was based on whaf LORI wanted. Why wasn’t Ken the one to decide what they should look for in a church? If Lori truly practiced what she preached, she’d have no opinion on church and would just say “I trust my husband to choose where we worship.”

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

I'd love to see Lori's prooftext for grumpiness being a sin. Or disrespectful tones. Or even bad attitudes. These things, while unpleasant to be around, are normal parts of human life. The Bible has some very encouraging verses about joy and peace -- but encouragements in the Bible are not the same thing as commandments!

Did you also notice that Lori thinks that a kid will have no need for self-discipline (a fruit of the spirit) as an adult if they are "trained" to be controlled by their parents while they are little. That makes no sense. Everybody needs self-discipline as an adult. Kids who learn to accept and cope with their internal emotional landscape are *more* likely to be good at managing it as they grow up: not less!

Also, Lori, there's a difference between the spiritual maturity of 'taking every thought captive for Christ' and training a kid to button their lip anytime they feel bad so they won't be reprimanded for telling the truth. Those two skills are so far apart in the human psyche I doubt they've ever met each other.

PS: I think someone in Lori's life is trying to use gentle parenting (normal modern parenting) possibly on a grandkid. For all she objects to it, she mentions it often enough and with enough detail that I think it's relevant in her life.

Edited by Pammy
  • Upvote 11

3 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

don’t we all recall how she said she wishes she had been less confrontational with her older daughter and shown her some grace?

You are so right! I distinctly remember her saying/writing that she wishes she'd been more loving and joyful to Alyssa rather than combative. She's shared they fought a lot because Lori had to have things her way. 

• Upvote 6

*screams in child therapist* no, no, no that’s so unhealthy. What it teaches kids is that you as a parent are not a safe place to express their feelings. Those feelings don’t just go away they just get buried deeper and deeper. Kids will feel grumpy and have bad days. A parents job is to teach their kids good communication of those feelings and coping skills. Jesus killed a tree because it pissed him off. And I’m sure he wasn’t braiding a whip to be nice to people. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

I am so grateful that Lori is not my mom. My mom has her faults but she always understood when I was hormonal because my period was coming. She always understood that I didn’t agree with everything she did. Even to this day we don’t agree. We still find ways to make things work. I was never punished, neither were my brothers, for expressing emotion. Using emotions to get out of punishments never worked though. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

*screams in child therapist* no, no, no that’s so unhealthy. What it teaches kids is that you as a parent are not a safe place to express their feelings. Those feelings don’t just go away they just get buried deeper and deeper. Kids will feel grumpy and have bad days. A parents job is to teach their kids good communication of those feelings and coping skills. Jesus killed a tree because it pissed him off. And I’m sure he wasn’t braiding a whip to be nice to people. 

I’m reminded of a snippet of an evangelical talk show I saw back in the ‘70s (The 700 Club or something like it). A child psychologist was trying to describe teaching children constructive ways to express anger. The host clearly wasn’t getting it, and obviously was objecting to the idea of children expressing—or even feeling—anger at all.

I wasn’t raised fundie, just garden-variety Catholic with a narcissistic mother, and to this day cannot express anger. It all gets internalized as grief and depression.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

Flicka is using the internet to post from 1910! How very science fiction-y! Tell us more about this saloon owner, the train bandits, and your magic reticule!

• Haha 11

Today in LoriLand, Lori she reveals that, in spite of her homophobia she is still watching the Hallmark channel. You see, she really liked this sappy a-historic monstrosity of a show called "When Calls the Heart". Now she disapproves of it too. She was shipping hard for the guy who *didn't* get the girl this season. Plus what was with all the other conflict going on with the side characters? Who needs a TV drama script to include drama? So annoying! Well, she's got no feelings for the real people in her real life, but she was just sick when this fictional character picked the WRONG man. (PS Flicka, he's a saloon owner! Dastardly!)

Lori knows what would have been right for the show, because Lori is right about everything always.

Too bad she got so upset. It might have been better if she were focused on the Christian life of good works and love that she claims to live. Wow, look: that's what her prooftext says too. Too bad Lori can't interpret her way out of a wet paper bag, or she might learn something!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

I'd like to give Janette Oke a stern talking to about that damned title. Was she channeling Yoda when she wrote that series? When Calls The Heart. I can't even with the pretentiousness. 

When The Heart Calls. See, Janette? Doesn't that sound so much better?:my_dodgy:

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, Pammy said:

Flicka is using the internet to post from 1910! How very science fiction-y! Tell us more about this saloon owner, the train bandits, and your magic reticule!

I think Flicka is mistaking reality for an episode of Gunsmoke.  

Two other things:

1 -- I have to say, Lori (at least for one day) has run out of ways to condemn women and has resorted to TV reviews.  hahaha... I enjoyed it in all of her outrage. Did she do a poll? How did she know 75% of viewers wanted a particular ending?  I thought Lori practiced biblical womanhood all day?  And she hated the passionate kissing. She really is a cold fish. I found the whole thing mildly entertaining, I wish I weren't blocked on FB..,,I'd love to see the intellectual debate. ahahah

2 -- Did anyone see the IG photo of Lori and her sisters out to a birthday lunch with their dad.   There was another woman in the photo ID'd as "a close friend."  Pure speculation, but who thinks this is her dad's new "lady friend" since his wife died?  If so, good for him. 

Edited by SongRed7
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

Alyssa shared a link on her IG story and asked for prayers for the lady she linked to. 
From what I could piece together, this woman has a child who has been ill and someone (she believes it was one of the doctors) turned her in to CPS. In one post, the woman wrote that this has to do with the disapproval over the natural and holistic approach the parents are taking to deal with the child’s mysterious illness. I could not read much because the idea of a child being denied proper care just makes me sick. 

I did see a few pictures of an early visit to the hospital  and I continue to be appalled at parents whose first thought is social media when their child is ill. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

23 hours ago, SueEllenMishke said:

Guys...I think Our Friend Flicka might be losing the tenuous grip she had on reality

Screenshot_20210513-134146_Facebook.jpg

Does Flicka have a blog? She needs to have a blog.

And probably some psychiatric treatment. But definitely a blog. So she can share more detail about that train robbery and the dastardly saloon owner with the ten-gallon hat. 

Does Lori even respond to Flicka? Because I think most people would react by nodding and backing away slowly. In case Flicka gets her reticule out again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic