IGNORED

Lori Alexander 78: Still Doodling to Go Viral

8 hours ago, Pammy said:

Today Lori blames women for deadbeat dads. How does that even work?

If I had to guess, since I can’t see what she writes anymore, it’s because women divorce men and take the kids away. Since the men are soooo innocent and the women so evil they can’t possibly be involved in their family since the mom keeps the kids from them. Or some such bull shit. 

• Upvote 10

On 4/20/2021 at 1:30 PM, Pammy said:

Today on "Lori Likes Long Quotes" Mr. John MacArthur preaches a 25 year old sermon containing absolutely no scripture and precisely zero biblical information. Lori likes it because he insults women, and Lori hates women: especially ambitious women.

Mr. MacArthur doesn't like "90's women". He doesn't have a reason not to. They just aren't to his personal taste. All that career work, self-efficacy, and equality -- so demanding!

Mr. MacArthur's mommy is the only type of woman he has any respect for. She makes other people comfortable with all of her free and cheerful labour, and that's what matters folks. And it's good for her too! After all, "A woman’s only opportunity to fulfill God’s plan for her role as wife and mother is in the home."

Lori's finale is her standard proof text about what Paul hopes will be a good way to provide for young widows in the Christian communities of the first century Roman Empire. Lori knows it's about young widowhood in the ancient world. She just has no conception that those circumstances might be the exact target of Paul's advice. Lori thinks Paul wants the same thing for all young women, even the young women of the 90's. (I think that ship has sailed.)

John MacArthur is Jeremy Vuolo's mentor.

Jeremy goes to MacArthur's seminary.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

If I had to guess, since I can’t see what she writes anymore, it’s because women divorce men and take the kids away. Since the men are soooo innocent and the women so evil they can’t possibly be involved in their family since the mom keeps the kids from them. Or some such bull shit. 

Plus(also a guess)it’s their fault for not choosing a man who will a)wait to have sex until marriage; b)stick around, and c)make enough money to allow her to be a “keeper at home.”

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

Well, I hope you all like John MacArthur as much as Lori does! In today's "News from the 90s" Mr. MacArthur predicts hell in a handbasket. At least for America.

You see, the family (as MacArthur knows it) simply can not exist without deep inequalities propping it up. Women must care for their family members, and feminism's ideas of equality between the sexes just make that kind of one-way caregiving impossible. And what happens when men and children can't count on the unpaid labour of a woman to enhance their lives?

Society crumbles.

Obviously.

According to MacArthur this is all completely intentional. Feminists (presumably American feminists?) have the goal of destroying families in order to ruin their country. Even though they say they simply want fair treatment, MacArthur and Lori know that anytime an oppressed group says they seek equality, what they really want is high-level destruction. Feminists have a plan to intentionally destroy the country they live in -- no real reason for that. They just prefer to live in a failed state.

Of course in the quarter-century since this Bible-free "sermon" was preached, American society (while never exactly peachy) doesn't seem to have suffered the calamities predicted. For example, the new 'mental illness' caused by being raised by working parents hasn't taken over 95% of your hospital beds has it? Nor has the assassination of people in authority become frequent occurrence. I think these false predictions make Mr. MacArthur a false prophet.

Should we break out the stones?

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5

Oh, and by what proof-text does Lori support her assertion that God loves 1950's hollywood housewives the best? She picked Jeremiah, through whom God is encouraging the people of Israel (who are inches from wrathful destruction) to follow the Law of Moses as a guide for an ethical and just society. Through the chapter Jeremiah advises them forcefully that if they can't try ethics and justice (thereby gaining the help of their God), they'd better run for their lives because Jerusalem is about to be brutally conquered.

The verse fragment of Lori's choosing (not even a whole verse this time) does not mean, "Everything older is better, so maybe step back a few decades out of cultural nostalgia." It means that God has moral standards, and if people expect God's help in life-or-death situations, they might want to check their book and walk-the-talk of their own religion for a change.

Edited by Pammy
  • Upvote 7

Man with all my feminist and gay agenda appointments that I have to attend my schedule is booked. I never thought it would be so much work attempting to take over the world. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14

3 hours ago, smittykins said:

Plus(also a guess)it’s their fault for not choosing a man who will a)wait to have sex until marriage; b)stick around, and c)make enough money to allow her to be a “keeper at home.”

Gotta cover all the bases...ALWAYS the woman's fault no matter what....and even if it is the man's fault, it's the woman's fault for not suffering in silence and "winning him without a word." 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I’m  finishing reading The Making of Biblical Womanhood by Beth Allison Barr. Guess what? Lori got a mention! She’s going to blow a gasket if she finds out. 

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Love 2

Today Lori takes aim at "satanic" environmentalists.

Contradictions abound as she shares her scattered thoughts on the topic: God made the world, but Christians really shouldn't honour creation. We should prioritize people instead (but not by preserving a good environment to support those people). There's nothing we can do to prevent environmental degradation, except the things that Lori does. (We should all do the things that Lori does: like whining about birth control, fluoride, and sperm counts while buying expensive non-GMO butter and being racist about China's emissions.)

But there are definitely evil companies who support the environment. You see, Lori is mad at "Seventh Generation" because in addition to being world-friendly (by opposing fossil fuel extraction) they also support Black Lives Matter. Lori loves fossil fuels because she doesn't want to live without household products -- and doesn't have the brain power to imagine those products could be made in other ways.

But what's satanic here, Lori? Believing that you can make a global change? Being active in getting our governments to take notice of our environmental priorities as voters? Supporting industrial changes? Innovating new ways to make products and meet needs? Nope. Lori thinks than most environmentalists focus on reducing the human population through abortion and euthanasia -- has anybody heard of that approach? I sure haven't. Lori provides no examples of people, organizations, or companies with population reduction goals.

Even so, she says that "Seventh Generation" is clearly doing environmentalism the satanic way... so, either it's satanic to try to find ways to reduce fossil fuel dependence or it's satanic to support BLM. You guess.

Lori wants to remind us that the world is 'temporary' (in the sense that resurrection and eternal life are Christian beliefs) and not at all worth all of this fuss. I guess we should all just live it up until the end comes. Lori's apocalyptic proof text reminds her that God, apparently, isn't interested in personal responsibility for humans. He'll just cosmically tidy up our mess when he's ready.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 3

Oh Lori....

Lori Lori Lori Lori Lori....

You have told us so many times that no woman should EVER marry a man expecting to change him. You must accept your husband as he is! Let the Lord change him! Expectations kill relationships! 

And then, today, you post this on Twitter:

Screenshot_20210424-182731_Twitter.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 5
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, SueEllenMishke said:

Oh Lori....

You have told us so many times that no woman should EVER marry a man expecting to change him. You must accept your husband as he is! Let the Lord change him! Expectations kill relationships! 

No, no, no. It's not expectations in general, it's a WOMAN'S expectations that kill the relationship. A man can have all the expectations he wants, and you'd better live up to them. It only works one way, dontcha know.

?

• Upvote 15

Proverbs 9:8 "... rebuke a wise ***man*** and he will love thee."

Sorry Lori. Gender essentialists don't get to take verses that specifically mention men and pretend they apply to women too! Where would that get us? Women would be following all of those manly-man instructions all the way to equality in their relationships and their churches. You'd better look harder and find a women's verse to prooftext your point here.

• Upvote 10

Shouldn’t Lori support a lot of environmentalism? I mean once you invest you can definitely save money. Since switching to beeswax wraps I don’t buy cling wrap or plastic bags for the most part. Less meat=more veggies.  Isn’t saving money, living frugal, and homesteading something she supports? Plus she’s concerned about toxins and parasites. If she wasn’t a fundie I feel like she would be an extreme anti-vaxxer cultural appropriation hippie type liberal. 

• Upvote 6

On 4/24/2021 at 6:31 PM, SueEllenMishke said:

Oh Lori....

But Lori doesn’t take rebuke she instead just deletes comments that disagree with her.    Why any woman listens to her is beyond me.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Botkinetti said:

But Lori doesn’t take rebuke she instead just deletes comments that disagree with her.    Why any woman listens to her is beyond me.

and on her IG stories...she is also pushing the false narrative that Biden wants/will reduce or limit consumption of beef (all based on a false story in a British tabloid).....gullible, gullible, gullible...I was going to point out that was incorrect...but honestly, why bother. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

and on her IG stories...she is also pushing the false narrative that Biden wants/will reduce or limit consumption of beef (all based on a false story in a British tabloid).....gullible, gullible, gullible...I was going to point out that was incorrect...but honestly, why bother. 

Really? Now eating beef is a godly issue? So basically, everything she wants to do is given an OK in the Bible. Everything she doesn't like, the Bible says is wrong. Why doesn't she just write a new Bible?

• Upvote 7

Today's blog is a pretty little list about how to be as superficial as possible in order to be 'attractive' to your husband.

In Lori land married women can forget the idea that their husbands married them willingly and love them for who they are. It's important to make an effort to be completely fake. Because Lori really believes that all men are stupid, faithless, and uninterested in a real partnership with someone they know well and love completely.

So, if you do have a stupid and faithless husband who doesn't care about the real you (and for some reason you want to keep him around???) here are some tips from a vain old woman...

Shut up and let him be a jerk. Be pretty. Smile, simper, and satisfy him sexually. Do all the housework.

• Upvote 6

The post she made today was a mirror of a man’s post who is coaching men to be better husbands.   Ken came along and asked if he could flip it around and replace ‘husband’ with ‘wife’ to get the feminists riled up.  At this point, sometimes it seems like that’s what it’s really about.  Refreshingly enough, they didn’t get too much hate for this post.  It’s the modesty and sex on demand post that get women going.  One poster said that there were some ‘whataboutisms’ from the man’s page and poster was surprised.  Lori couldn’t read between the lines to get the point that it is both doing this, she blamed it on single mothers raising effeminate men and how a real man would suck it up and solve the problem.  Living in black and white all the time must make her pretty angry. 

*PS- Wait a minute wait a minute.  I took a screenshot of the post.  I went to paste it here and saw that Ken edited his post asking if he could use it to rile the feminists.  He’s removed all incriminating evidence.  What an asshole.

41D42E66-F568-4579-9B61-2E647A5A9EDE.png

Edited by Fallgirl30
I forgot I could see the original comment so I took another screen shot and I’m trying to post that as well.
  • Upvote 12

Today Lori's post hints that she might struggle with anxiety, but, don't worry: she's suppressing it in the least healthy way possible.

Lori leans heavily on her personal bibliosity to redefine anything she worries about as "an idol" that people (not her, of course, just people) might be troubled by. She advises that people avoid thinking, being concerned, making plans, or (God forbid) doing anything about the issues that concern them. Instead they should 'trust God' enough to put those things out of their minds like she does. Presumably so she can focus more thoroughly on fresh baked bread.

What should we not bother our pretty little heads about? Well, our kids for one thing. We don't need to put in any kind of effort for parenting: our kids' futures will take care of themselves. It's not like we have a role in thoughtfully contributing to their success by raising them in the best way we know how... just don't worry about them. Because worry and worship are the same thing, and you wouldn't want to make them into an idol. Everybody knows that God protects the children of Christians. They never have accidents, heath conditions, or are hurt by other people. They always grow up to be successful. God will take care of it.

Well, what else should we not bother to apply ourselves to? Lori, for example is worried about 'the state of our country' and the 'evil' people in charge of it. Except that of course she's not worried about it. You can't be concerned about something unless you worship it, right? God will take care of the country too. Citizens have no moral responsibilities at all.

After a recent post where she quotes a woman 15 years ago prophetically promising a single woman the godly husband of her dreams, Lori now is concerned that single women will idolize the idea of getting married, or that infertile couples will idolize the idea of the baby "that you were created to nurture". Which is precisely what Lori usually tells them is basically the meaning of life for women. But forget about it. God manages those things. Women don't need to do anything.

Lori also warns against accidentally worshipping about social media, TV, food, luxuries and health. Now who does that sound like to you? (Lori, if you need to talk to someone about your anxiety, I suggest doing that. Pretending that everything a person might care about, and all of the goals they might peruse are sinful "idols" is just toxic.)

• Upvote 9

Oh. My. Word. I just saw Josh Duggar was arrested  I wonder if Lori will address it. 

You know she loves her some Duggars.

• Upvote 7

Wow. I feel like the earth is tilting on its axis today. First the Smuggar news, and now Ken pens a blog post in which he say he is impressed with how single mothers balance their families’ needs. I think. Actually, this is what he really said:

”Having worked with thousands of working moms, I have am constantly amazing…”

? Proofread much?

Working mothers are totes ok then, but working Christian mothers are doomed. Because “if you are a Christian and understand that you are not part of this world, but another, then you will be battling to swim with your children upstream against its evils and perversions and training them in the ways of the Lord.”

Add to that challenge the fact that LazyLori is constantly beating you over the head with fire and damnation because you work, like millstones around your neck, you’d better slip on a life vest and strap on those swim fins, because you’ve got your work cut out for you.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2

23 hours ago, Pammy said:

Today Lori's post hints that she might struggle with anxiety, but, don't worry: she's suppressing it in the least healthy way possible.

OMG 100% THIS.   Last week she had this tweet below...Which basically created new theology  that if you worried, you therefore didn't trust God with the inference you weren't a "real" Christian. 

Lori's Tweet:

"Why you can’t find peace: Don’t trust God with your issues. Jesus isn’t Lord of all of your life. Won’t let go of your fears and anxieties, because you still want to be in control."

18 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Oh. My. Word. I just saw Josh Duggar was arrested  I wonder if Lori will address it. 

You know she loves her some Duggars.

she actaully had an old blog post praising Anna D. for staying with Josh: http://lorialexander.blogspot.com/2016/09/josh-and-anna-celebrate.html

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I believe when it came out that Josh Duggar molested his siblings and later had affairs and hired a prostitute (who alleged that he was violent), Lori posted that anyone who criticized the Duggars on her FB feed would be blocked. When her son Steven met his now-wife Emily, Lori crowed that her son had met his very own Duggar girl. Lori absolutely idolizes them. Never mind that Emily was educated, had lived in a big city and worked, and was at that time in law school...

Edited by fluffy
  • Upvote 4

I like Jinger's response. Maybe that's why she and Jer haven't been posting pics of their girls lately.  

"

Jinger Duggar and Jeremy Vuolo

"We are disturbed to hear of the charges against Josh," the couple wrote in a statement via Instagram on Friday. "While this case must go through the legal system, we want to make it clear that we absolutely condemn any form of child abuse and fully support authorities and judicial process in their pursuit of justice." 

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic