IGNORED

Lori Alexander 78: Still Doodling to Go Viral

15 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Speaking of Poverty Olympics, one of her fangirls post this on her blog:

"Thrift and modesty go hand in hand. Our daughters are home schooled, make their own clothes, and tend our chickens, milk goat, and garden. They even make their own sandals (we live in the interior of Florida). You better believe they take care of their clothes because they know how many hours a new dress costs. And they put those sandals on only when I insist for church and formal times. These girls cost us almost nothing and contribute in labor far more than what they cost. Even from age six the food they raised and the chores they did were worth more than what they cost."

What are their daughters? Indentured servants?  and Lori praised her for raising wonderful future "Keepers at Home"

Thinking of your children as profitable. How Christian of them. 
ETA: Also bragging that their children literally have no proper shoes.  ?

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 16

Alyssa & the others...I wouldn't be surprised if they were trust fund kids.  Either stemming from the grandparents or Ken himself. He's presented himself as a money savvy person.  He might have c stated an account for each child way back when & handed it out as it became necessary/appropriate. (Sheer speculation obviously)

SoCal is expensive but it's like anywhere else: Wages mostly keep up & if you know where to look, housing isn't impossible.  

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Alyssa & the others...I wouldn't be surprised if they were trust fund kids.  Either stemming from the grandparents or Ken himself. He's presented himself as a money savvy person.  He might have c stated an account for each child way back when & handed it out as it became necessary/appropriate. (Sheer speculation obviously)

SoCal is expensive but it's like anywhere else: Wages mostly keep up & if you know where to look, housing isn't impossible.  

The grandparents did buy Alyssa a car.. 

I’m not in the business of counting other people’s money but I wouldn’t surprised if grandparents like Loris parents had helped. 
alyssa and Jon are also adopting and that isn’t free I don’t think since it’s thought a private agency.

I know it might not be in fashion to say you babe help but I think it’s really misleading when people don’t disclose that and then advertise a lush lifestyle.   

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, louisa05 said:

Thinking of your children as profitable. How Christian of them. 
ETA: Also bragging that their children literally have no proper shoes

How much you all want to bet that those girls do waaaaaaaay more working than homeschooling.  Like 10 times more... or no schooling at all. You all wanna bet those girls are 8-12 years old and have been working since they were 4 or 5? The post mentions they were profitable at age 6.

And they make their own sandals .  Does that wonderful mother of daughters  woman mean leather craft or old rubber tire and string flip flops? I'm thinking rubber tire flip flops.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 2

A summary of Lori’s blog post today: 

I don’t understand theology. Not at all. I can’t trouble my brain with it. So leave me alone. 

• Upvote 11

20 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

A summary of Lori’s blog post today: 

I don’t understand theology. Not at all. I can’t trouble my brain with it. So leave me alone. 

"But I'm gonna talk about it anyway." ?

Today's post is a classic example of how people get stuck on words in the KJV without realising that those words can change meaning and usage with time. 'Flesh' in the 1600s meant sin. 'I was in the flesh before I became saved, and now I'm in the Spirit.' Today we'd use the term 'sin nature.,' which means the same thing. 'My sin nature kept me from God, but I became a Christian and now my sin nature has been overcome by the Holy Spirit.' Or words to that effect. But to Lori's mind, 'flesh' and 'sin nature' are two separate things, and unfortunately she doesn't seem to understand either one. Doesn't stop her 'teaching' about it, though. 

• Upvote 7

On 3/23/2021 at 9:23 AM, Celtic Roots said:

Most likely, Lori's father had nothing to do with Ken getting this position.

That's what I think, too. I just don't see the connection between pathology and orthodontia.

It's not like pathologists are movers and shakers who network all the time and know tons of people. They tend to spend lots of time alone, examining slides with diseased tissue. They have a reputation for being socially awkward, actually, though of course that's not true all the time.

I suppose it's possible Lori's dad had a friend who was an orthodontic consultant, but it's equally possible that someone else gave Ken a lead. Or he simply knew someone in that field. Or he applied for a low-level job at Millenium and worked his way up.

21 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I dunno. Lori's parents have at least 8 grandchildren, probably more (both her sisters married and had kids). Pathologists make a good salary but not enough to set up 8 grandkids with large trust funds.

Ken has done really well financially. He is part owner of a very large orthodontic practice in addition to his consultign work. I think they give their kids money as needed. But I don't think they are setting up trust funds for their kids--they need to fund their own retirement, after all. 

I often wonder how the pandemic has hurt their businesses. A perfect smile is a lot less important when you're wearing a mask.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 9

17 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

That's what I think, too. I just don't see the connection between pathology and orthodontia.

It's not like pathologists are movers and shakers who network all the time and know tons of people. They tend to spend lots of time alone, examining slides with diseased tissue. They have a reputation for being socially awkward, actually, though of course that's not true all the time.

I suppose it's possible Lori's dad had a friend who was an orthodontic consultant, but it's equally possible that someone else gave Ken a lead. Or he simply knew someone in that field. Or he applied for a low-level job at Millenium and worked his way up.

I dunno. Lori's parents have at least 8 grandchildren, probably more (both her sisters married and had kids). Pathologists make a good salary but not enough to set up 8 grandkids with large trust funds.

Ken has done really well financially. He is part owner of a very large orthodontic practice in addition to his consultign work. I think they give their kids money as needed. But I don't think they are setting up trust funds for their kids--they need to fund their own retirement, after all. 

I often wonder how the pandemic has hurt their businesses. A perfect smile is a lot less important when you're wearing a mask.

I’ve not seen any decrease in kids leaving for the orthodontist. I don’t think anyone but the worst Covid nannies is expecting to wear masks forever. 

Today in the comments (FB), Joshua tells us he’s looking for a woman that will call him “lord”. He does concede that “king” will do. A woman chimes in,seeming completely serious, to share that she calls her husband “master”. 

?

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 6

One would think with Ken’s background and their collective upbringings that they would be better versed in theology and studying scripture. The things that she pulls from scripture are paper thin and surface level. It’s clear she doesn’t give anything much deep thought or research when writing. And Ken is just typical word salad that might seem smart (kinda sorta) but is a bunch of bullshit. Like historical translation and changes to word meaning is a thing? How could Lori, a teacher, not know this?

• Upvote 8

Today in Lori-land she has posted an honest-to-goodness historic poster against women's suffrage.

She, apparently believes that women should not have gained the right to vote for the following reasons, (1) Having the right to vote is a burden to women who would rather not do so, (2) Women's voting doesn't accomplish anything anyways, but unpaid domestic labour is a great way to 'serve the State' -- besides voting is too noisy for women's health, (3) Women still need to pay their taxes whether they have the right to vote or not, (4) Because women have the right to vote, they will also be expected to serve jury duty and participate in other public services -- even responding to a 'call to arms' just like men, (5) There are so many bad women (who will vote badly) that good women can't possibly out-influence them on moral voting issues.

Why is Lori suddenly against voting rights like it's 1910? Because somebody told her Mr. Biden liked to encourage his female children. What did he tell them? That there was nothing a man could do that a woman can't match, or possibly even exceed.

Does she have an argument against that? Of course not. She has quotes from her chat room displaying the ignorance of her followers. Ana is transphobic, but still thinks trans women outshine cis women due to inherent manly-man-ness. Another commenter thinks that men make better soldiers and handle danger 'without emotional problems'. She apparently hasn't heard of PTSD in the military. Lindsay lacks the logic to see that the opposite way of stating this equality: that anything a woman can do (other than the biological specifics of reproduction) a man can match, or possibly exceed -- is also true. Meanwhile Crystal is a bit stuck on the biological specifics of reproduction -- she knows the word 'sperm'! Lori herself focuses on fatherhood as a secret superpower of men, somehow mistaking *parenting* for an activity that requires male gender characteristics in order to be successful... which is kind of creepy.

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 2

3 hours ago, Pammy said:

Today in Lori-land she has posted an honest-to-goodness historic poster against women's suffrage.

She, apparently believes that women should not have gained the right to vote for the following reasons, (1) Having the right to vote is a burden to women who would rather not do so, (2) Women's voting doesn't accomplish anything anyways, but unpaid domestic labour is a great way to 'serve the State' -- besides voting is too noisy for women's health, (3) Women still need to pay their taxes whether they have the right to vote or not, (4) Because women have the right to vote, they will also be expected to serve jury duty and participate in other public services -- even responding to a 'call to arms' just like men, (5) There are so many bad women (who will vote badly) that good women can't possibly out-influence them on moral voting issues.

Why is Lori suddenly against voting rights like it's 1910? Because somebody told her Mr. Biden liked to encourage his female children. What did he tell them? That there was nothing a man could do that a woman can't match, or possibly even exceed.

Does she have an argument against that? Of course not. She has quotes from her chat room displaying the ignorance of her followers. Ana is transphobic, but still thinks trans women outshine cis women due to inherent manly-man-ness. Another commenter thinks that men make better soldiers and handle danger 'without emotional problems'. She apparently hasn't heard of PTSD in the military. Lindsay lacks the logic to see that the opposite way of stating this equality: that anything a woman can do (other than the biological specifics of reproduction) a man can match, or possibly exceed -- is also true. Meanwhile Crystal is a bit stuck on the biological specifics of reproduction -- she knows the word 'sperm'! Lori herself focuses on fatherhood as a secret superpower of men, somehow mistaking *parenting* for an activity that requires male gender characteristics in order to be successful... which is kind of creepy.

I find that early on in the day is when she blocks people and removes posts.  So very early on in that post a woman was going back and forth with people detailing how Lori’s teaching pretty much ruined her and her sister’s lives.  She herself has decided never to have kids and her sister transitioned.  She says they see their mom at holidays and the woman reduces them to tears.  Her mother was obsessed with Lori as they grew up and left her books all over the house and wouldn’t stop talking about Lori, every day.  Did anyone else see that?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

I find that early on in the day is when she blocks people and removes posts.  So very early on in that post a woman was going back and forth with people detailing how Lori’s teaching pretty much ruined her and her sister’s lives.  She herself has decided never to have kids and her sister transitioned.  She says they see their mom at holidays and the woman reduces them to tears.  Her mother was obsessed with Lori as they grew up and left her books all over the house and wouldn’t stop talking about Lori, every day.  Did anyone else see that?

I understand those sisters feeling rage and it's normal they put the blame on Lori. But if their mother destroyed their lives, I doubt it was just because of Lori's book. An adult woman getting obsessed to the point of following an internet blogger as a leader... Well, probably that woman wasn't fine to begin with. 

I think Lori (and many others) are pure poison. And they seem to relish on others' pain. Many of their comments should be censored or even their blogs banned. But, this said, these people have not full responsibility: their fans love the message, they love inflicting pain to wifes (men) or to children (both men and women). If they weren't like that, they would follow another kind of "leader", maybe equally nuts but with a more possitive message. 

What makes Lori specially ridiculous is that she says a thing, but openly shows how her life is the opposite. She having a nanny or sending daughter to college or babysitting grandkids because her children need a vacation. All of these she says it's not OK and advices women not to do, but she does and posts about it! Her fans are very dumb in my opinion. 

• Upvote 13

Her Twitter account is certainly a giving tree this morning. Here’s another good one.  Yeah, chasing off the “riff raft” keeps my husband busy for hours a day. 

728EA911-3068-4E12-AFB6-5A7EC9A0B558.jpeg

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

Lol men handling emotions better? They don’t. And many of the stereotypical traits that fundies uphold for men don’t lend to great fathering. Men lacking in emotional intelligence do not make for the best fathers/partners.  

I mean fuck, I broke up with the guy I was dating (for way too long) in October last year partially due to his inability to handle emotions. I told him that my brother had been  injured in a work accident and had left the hospital AMA (that’s a whole other issue) and my ex started talking about insurance claims in reply. Same guy couldn’t bother to find a gift bag for his niece’s stuffed toy for her birthday. He had it in a paper bag. I put it with my gift to save myself embarrassment. I realized I couldn’t be married to a guy who would end up putting me in the traditional gender role of taking care of everything because he couldn’t be bothered. 

Theres so much more to fatherhood and relationships than “I have a penis hear me roar”. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 11

On 3/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, HoneyBunny said:

Yeah, chasing off the “riff raft” keeps my husband busy for hours a day. 

hahahaha...I'll have to ask my husband how many riff-raff he chased off today 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

Today's drivel from Lori: she reacts in horror and disdain to a slate article expressing a difficult moment in a marriage she has nothing to do with. Lori is appalled to learn that some men admire tenacity and ambition in a woman. She is surprised to hear a husband worried about his wife's outward change after having a baby: her desire to care "only" about their daughter and nothing else in their world.

Lori criticizes this loving husband for mentioning that he *doesn't* have any interest in divorce -- I guess because he mentioned it at all? 

Basically Lori believes she knows the heart of this man's struggle: "feminist doctrine". Never mind that no one actually believes or preaches that it is wrong for women to be primary caregivers for their children. Lori only sees the transaction: mothers can care-give for free or work for money. If they choose money that means they love money more than children. Lori is breathless at such uncaring people enjoying their luxuries while their children suffer the horrors of neglect.

Lori wants everyone to 'sacrifice' for 'what's best for children' (no studies show that maternal full time parenting has better outcomes for children) in spite of the fact that she has never sacrificed a thing in her life. She wants this family to do without their second vehicle (no car for the mom at home), their ability to save money for the future, and the 'little things' that they are used to having in the present. She shows no understanding that these important decisions are made in a couple with both people's input. They are both going to have to live this way, so it's not up to Lori, it's up to him and his wife to work through their competing priorities.

Of course, in Lori-land, the woman never gets her way, so if the man doesn't want his wife to quit her job, Lori believes the woman should do as he likes (silently give up on her goal to stay home and parent). Such a sad story. Lori gets to be both anti-woman and pro-at-home-mom in the same article! All this poor woman can do is pray: no pesky feminist negotiation or expecting to have her perspective taken seriously in a relationship between equals. No attempt to find a compromise. Just give up and sulk back to work. (At least until you can sabotage your birth control, have a second child, and hope that two kids is a better reason to stay home: just like Lori.)

The one redeeming facet: Lori recommends that couples discuss their parenting plans before marriage. That's a good idea. It doesn't help the couple whose story she is appropriating here, but it might help someone, I guess.

• Upvote 7

Lori always sounds so dim-witted and childlike. Her sentence construction that begins with "How come..." Oy vey! Today it's "How come people who are against the death penalty are for the death penalty for babies?" I can't even engage with that opinion about abortion, but would it be the death penalty for this lady whose job is writing to learn that "How come" is how small children speak. The word she is looking for is WHY! There is no moment that she strikes me as a functional or just reasonably competent adult. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

On 3/25/2021 at 7:52 AM, louisa05 said:

Today in the comments (FB), Joshua tells us he’s looking for a woman that will call him “lord”. He does concede that “king” will do. A woman chimes in,seeming completely serious, to share that she calls her husband “master”. 

I kind of hope these people are trolling Lori. And any woman who calls her husband "master" better have had plenty of negotiation beforehand and a solid safeword system in place.

On 3/27/2021 at 5:42 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Her fans are very dumb in my opinion. 

Just like Lori!

I check in on Lori's thread once in a while because it's so rarely anything new.

Lori is a nitwit, her fans are brainless, Lori is still doing the opposite of what she preaches and none of her fans seem to notice, Ken is blithely going along funding Lori's stupidity, etc. 

I assume there wasn't any bad news about her recurring brain tumor, was there? It's like I want to be compassionate but at the same time am like "Well, there you go. Brain tumor. That explains a LOT." It must suck to be so incredibly stupid all the time.

• Upvote 7

On 3/23/2021 at 10:29 AM, louisa05 said:

She’s sharing the winners of the poverty Olympics on her blog today to prove that she’s right. 
The first highlighted one: someone assuming that working women are spending extra on “quick meals” (I don’t know what that means) and cleaning services. 
I know I’ve asked this before: why do these women insist that it takes all day to cook dinner? WTF? We had spaghetti last night. Made sauce from scratch using frozen tomato sauce, canned tomatoes and dried basil all from last summer’s garden (plus Italian sausage, onion, green pepper and other spices). I got home from work at 3:55. Changed clothes, sat down for a bit, talked with Mr 05 when he got home, then cooked  and we sat down to eat at 5:40. Are these women butchering the pig and curing the sausage every afternoon? Seriously  

Three years ago when I had a house with my ex I worked 48-60 hours a week every week. I was working either straight 12 hour shifts or rotating. I still managed to keep the house clean, walk the dogs every day, keep up with laundry, grocery shop, and have home cooked meals for my ex and me. He helped out as well. If I was able to do it anyone can. We did eat out once in a while and sometimes, gasp, we had a frozen pizza. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Three years ago when I had a house with my ex I worked 48-60 hours a week every week. I was working either straight 12 hour shifts or rotating. I still managed to keep the house clean, walk the dogs every day, keep up with laundry, grocery shop, and have home cooked meals for my ex and me. He helped out as well. If I was able to do it anyone can. We did eat out once in a while and sometimes, gasp, we had a frozen pizza. 

Yep. I cook from scratch 6 nights a week. We go out or get takeout once each weekend. And I do breakfast from scratch on the weekends.  Mr 05 does make bacon if he wants it, though. In warm months, he usually grills on the weekends but I make sides and prepare the food he grills. None of this was different this fall when I did a long term sub job working 45 hours a week or so and brought work home. He does do the majority the cleaning—and he usually works 60-65 hours a week. It can be done. 

• Upvote 5

Today Lori is equally angry at Beth Moore and Mary Magdalene. Preachers. Both of them.

The "Female Rebellion Within the Church" as articulated by Lori is women who don't like being badly led and limited by the Southern Baptists, deciding to go to other churches instead. By rejecting the women's role lies of the SBC Lori decries that women reject God, Paul, Jesus, and the whole Bible. Clearly this 'going to church somewhere else for now' trend is of cosmic significance!

Lori correctly detects that Beth Moore's audience grew, in spite of lip-service to the contrary, to include men towards the end of her SBC career. I'm sure the tension of that contributed to her departure. It probably should have happened long ago. She also correctly identifies that Beth has never confined her preaching to 'womanhood' alone, but follows the Bible's call to 'teach what is good' (Titus 2:3) including the gospel, the whole Bible, various forms of good counsel, and anything else the Spirit of God lays on her heart. (Well done Beth!) These things Lori considers "nonsense" -- probably because they are a bit of a challenge to someone of Lori's intelligence to comprehend.

It's true, as Lori says, that because of Beth Moore and other pioneering preachers in patriarchal contexts, many people no longer see the sense of rejecting good preachers based on gender alone. Many of them *would* prefer a gifted woman preacher over the many mediocre male ones.

Lori then commits a logical fallacy by assuming that the inspiration of the Bible means that every verse applies directly and forever to any and all situations. For most Christians, the inspiration of the Bible means that the instructions are on-point for the situation they were written for -- the new church growing in the midst of the Roman empire 20 centuries ago. Applying the Bible to the present day takes effort, insight, and information. Lori interprets the Bible badly because she doesn't believe that interpreting is a thing. She does it automatically and thoughtlessly, therefore she gets bad results.

And on to Mary Magdalene: Lori objects to the clever Christian feminist Easter slogan: "Jesus: calling women to preach since the first Easter morning." -- which is clever because it's so obviously true. But not to Lori. To Lori a person, if she is a female person, can announce the resurrection of the Son of God and the salvation of the world -- and have it not be preaching. If there's not a pulpit, it's just chatting about the weather, I guess?

This no-preaching-happened twist on God's word is Lori's truth. But the plain story of the women at the tomb is, allegedly, being twisted by feminist rebels in their nefarious plot to serve God in their faith communities. Such plots, surely, are evidence that the end is nigh!

• Upvote 14

Can't she just spend her time roaming the aisles at Hobby Lobby ?

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

One of her major fanboys appears to be flouncing today.  Kenneth Shock is having a disagreement with Lori about either John MacArthur or anal sex, I’m not totally sure.  He is pissy because she has deleted his comments and was told by Lori it’s ok for him to give his opinion but not dominate the conversation.  It’s all too rich.  He is always trying to run people off and hides behind Lori’s skirt constantly.  I have always suspected she relies on him to inform her on who she should block after she’s off her post for a few hours.  I will honestly miss him.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic