IGNORED

Lori Alexander 78: Still Doodling to Go Viral

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

Yet, when her dear mother who was ALWAYS available for her was dying, Lori couldn’t pull herself away from Door County to be at her side, or to support her dad. Yes, it’s hard, but it’s called being an adult. Guess all the hair brushing and foot rubs didn’t mean that much after all. 

LazyLori Alexander:  taker extraordinaire. 

6B85D4CC-B758-46BF-9559-AA2E8783EF0C.png

So tell us, Lori, who have YOU ministered to and blessed during their difficult years? Please, enlighten us.

*crickets*

• Upvote 12

On 3/15/2021 at 2:46 PM, Alisamer said:

Eating disorders are already common among dancers, especially those in ballet, and add Lori and her slimy salads and judgement about how much guests eat or drink and yeah. I'd be surprised if she DIDN'T have an eating disorder. I hope she gets help for that.

That said, my friend's daughter (now 13, but she's been doing this since age 9 or earlier) can eat far far more than I can. Take her to a restaurant for dinner and she'll polish off a steak, ask for chicken tenders, eat all those and then eat any leftovers anyone else has of something she likes. We never, ever shame her for it. She's active, doesn't eat much at all at lunchtime (ADHD meds affect her appetite then) and they've spent years trying to get some weight on her at all because she was too thin. 

But an 18-month-old? His stomach is about the size of his fist, I think. No way he should be able to eat more than his mother. More often, sure, kids need snacks. But more in one sitting? Shouldn't be physically possible.

Oh but it is! You should see our toddlers eat! Apparently growing is a serious business. Baby girl, age 2 1/2, ate 2 pieces of french toast, egg, bacon and milk the other morning. Her brother ate like a lumberjack since babyhood, but he has slowed down now (age 6).

• Upvote 6

I don’t think the issue is that the baby eats so much, but that Alyssa eats so little.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

14 hours ago, Hane said:

I don’t think the issue is that the baby eats so much, but that Alyssa eats so little.

Alyssa has Orthorexia, I’m convinced. Anything less then perfect eating is unacceptable. Gee I wonder where she gets that from ?

I know I’ve said this before but to me Alyssa is a abuse victim, she has spiritually abused by your parents, and anything less then perfect wasn’t acceptable in The Alexander house. 

it really makes me so so sad. Being human is accepting the imperfections, not killing ourselves over it. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

So on Twitter today Lori posted this as proof of women being materialistic/greedy and therefore "having" to work: (bolding mine_

Differences between 1970 & 2021: 1 Car/2 Cars 1500 sq ft home/2500 sq ft 1 vacation a year/3 a year No cell phones/4 cell phones No cable TV/3 cable TVs 1 dinner out a month/3-4 dinners a week Babies at home/Day Care There needs to be two incomes for mothers to stay home, why?

Pretty funny, Lori.  I just looked up your house on Zillow...your 6 bedroom, 3 bath, 3,545 sq.ft. home. So OK for YOU to have a big home.  Maybe if YOU settled for a smaller home your husband wouldn't have to work so hard?? Maybe YOU should be content with something more modest. HMM??

Now listen I don't begrudge anyone anything they can affort...but to put down others because they don't want to live in shack and therefore HAVE to work to afford their home of choice while Lori sits in her HUGE house without lifting finger...and goes on MONTH"S long vacations in Door County.   

How about mind your own business, Lori?\

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

So on Twitter today Lori posted this as proof of women being materialistic/greedy and therefore "having" to work: (bolding mine_

Differences between 1970 & 2021: 1 Car/2 Cars 1500 sq ft home/2500 sq ft 1 vacation a year/3 a year No cell phones/4 cell phones No cable TV/3 cable TVs 1 dinner out a month/3-4 dinners a week Babies at home/Day Care There needs to be two incomes for mothers to stay home, why?

Pretty funny, Lori.  I just looked up your house on Zillow...your 6 bedroom, 3 bath, 3,545 sq.ft. home. So OK for YOU to have a big home.  Maybe if YOU settled for a smaller home your husband wouldn't have to work so hard?? Maybe YOU should be content with something more modest. HMM??

Now listen I don't begrudge anyone anything they can affort...but to put down others because they don't want to live in shack and therefore HAVE to work to afford their home of choice while Lori sits in her HUGE house without lifting finger...and goes on MONTH"S long vacations in Door County.   

How about mind your own business, Lori?\

"Rules for thee, but not for me."  We know Lori wouldn’t stand for living the way she suggests some women should by quitting their jobs. 1 car?  Shopping at thrift stores?  Hand me down anything?  Not for Lori.  She wouldn’t be willing to make those sacrifices and she knows it.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

Remember how she complained about the tiny trailer they started out in, because Ken was in divinity school? How she said it was the worst time of her life?  And how quickly after her incessant bitching and complaining Ken dropped out of school and with her father's help became an orthodontic consultant?  And ... with her father's help they bought their first home, lived there for a while and sold at a huge profit?  

Yep Lori was super super contented in the small home they could afford. 

Of course she's now extra extra super super contented in that 6 bedroom, 3 bath, 3,545 sq ft house Ken's non-pastor job can afford. So yeah living on one income. But what an income!

And don't they have 3 cars counting the gold Mercedes her parents gave them?

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I think she posts this crap as a sop to her fans. This way they can all compete again in the martyr Olympics of suffering. 
As they sit in their houses crammed with too many children that they can’t afford they can tell themselves that at least they’re better than those other women because they stay at home. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Didn’t one of her fangirls suggest going without electricity/hot water to help them stay home?

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

And how quickly after her incessant bitching and complaining Ken dropped out of school and with her father's help became an orthodontic consultant? 

Do we know her father helped Ken become an orthodontic consultant? I'm just not sure how a pathologist would even be able to help (other than funding, that is). I doubt a pathologist would have knowledge or connections in orthodontia. It's not like corpses want to straighten their teeth, lol!

Maybe you mean her parents gave them money to live on? Where did she say that?

• Upvote 1

Lori living in luxury while her fangirls indulge in the Poverty Olympics reminds me of all the people on limited incomes idolizing megachurch pastors who have mansions and private jets.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, SongRed7 said:

Except that in 2021, many families with 2 jobs cannot even afford to buy a 1500sq house. She is sooo out of reality that she thinks having 2 salaries is only to afford luxuries, but often is to buy groceries!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

28 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Except that in 2021, many families with 2 jobs cannot even afford to buy a 1500sq house. She is sooo out of reality that she thinks having 2 salaries is only to afford luxuries, but often is to buy groceries!

I’m actually quite confused how they afford there lifestyle. California is not cheap. I’ve wondered this about Jon and Alyssa too. 

• Upvote 6

53 minutes ago, brittbratkittykat said:

I’m actually quite confused how they afford there lifestyle. California is not cheap. I’ve wondered this about Jon and Alyssa too. 

Lori? I think Ken has been earning a lot of money since the children were little. Their lifestyle was already posh then (big house, a maid, etc).

I have the feeling that Ken is financially helping Alyssa. I don't know what job Jon has, but the fact they never talk about it makes me suspect it's not an impressive job. She probably earns a bit with her classes and IG endorsements, but how can they have that beautiful house with ocean views???!!! I doubt San Diego area is cheap, especially a neibourghood like that.

• Upvote 5

Lori has previously acknowledged that they help their children, which I can appreciate, but it doesn't seem to translate into any understanding of others' struggles. 

• Upvote 6

Lori, what about the zillions of women (and men) working 2-3 jibs to afford a shack? A cell phone is needed to work! It's not a luxury. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 3/20/2021 at 2:30 PM, brittbratkittykat said:

I’ve wondered this about Jon and Alyssa too. 

I think Jon is a middle level manager in a mefdium sized construction company --I think they build commercial properties like doctor's office, etc.  (according to his public LinkedIn profile) . I think Jon and Alyssa rent their home (she mentioned that in a recent article she posted on their adoption journey) but rents in their neighborhood have to be costly....plus her and Jon go on VACATION a lot... again I don't begrudge anyone whatever they can afford, but with all the organic food, stylish clothes, vacation, etc....I don't think her side gig selling toesox or doing nutritional counselings is bringing in a ton of money.  

total speculation, but I would guess Allyssa and Jon are getting help somewhere. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Alyssa just made a post about sin and I’m so sad for her. She’s been shamed for everything she’s ever done. It’s so horrible. I don’t known people become this type of Christian. Sounds like torture. 

5 minutes ago, brittbratkittykat said:

Alyssa just made a post about sin and I’m so sad for her. She’s been shamed for everything she’s ever done. It’s so horrible. I don’t known people become this type of Christian. Sounds like torture. 

Here’s the photo/post for reference 

01BCEC6E-B071-4A43-B6BF-2D13297B207E.png

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • Thank You 1

35 minutes ago, brittbratkittykat said:

Alyssa just made a post about sin and I’m so sad for her. She’s been shamed for everything she’s ever done. It’s so horrible. I don’t known people become this type of Christian. Sounds like torture

It's heartbreaking. I'm not going to speculate, but I wouldn't be surprised if that terrible sin was something many of us did as teens. It's so sad she has been living in such emotional pain. I hope she one day has an epiphany and realises the damage that her parents and their narrow religion had made her.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

On 3/20/2021 at 1:15 PM, Jackie3 said:

Do we know her father helped Ken become an orthodontic consultant? I'm just not sure how a pathologist would even be able to help (other than funding, that is). I doubt a pathologist would have knowledge or connections in orthodontia. It's not like corpses want to straighten their teeth, lol!

Maybe you mean her parents gave them money to live on? Where did she say that?

I don't believe it was ever stated explicitly, but I always had an idea that Lori's dad helped Ken get into that field.  If you read the "About" section of the Alexander and Sons company it is very vague about how Ken got started in that field.

It seems like he was going along studying for the ministry, and then all of the sudden he was an orthodontist consultant.  How one led to the other I'm not sure.  It seems like he'd have to have some connection somewhere to get into that.  If not Lori's dad, maybe a friend got him into it.

Maybe Lori bitched so much once she realized how little money he'd make as a pastor Ken started looking around for something he could do without needing more education.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

She’s sharing the winners of the poverty Olympics on her blog today to prove that she’s right. 
The first highlighted one: someone assuming that working women are spending extra on “quick meals” (I don’t know what that means) and cleaning services. 
I know I’ve asked this before: why do these women insist that it takes all day to cook dinner? WTF? We had spaghetti last night. Made sauce from scratch using frozen tomato sauce, canned tomatoes and dried basil all from last summer’s garden (plus Italian sausage, onion, green pepper and other spices). I got home from work at 3:55. Changed clothes, sat down for a bit, talked with Mr 05 when he got home, then cooked  and we sat down to eat at 5:40. Are these women butchering the pig and curing the sausage every afternoon? Seriously  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

I would like to add my thoughts to the discussion regarding Ken's switch from seminary to orthodontic consulting.

According to past web pages, Ken did graduate from seminary and receive his MDiv degree. The significant question concerns why he was not ordained. (I am not counting any online ordination he may have picked up to do Cassi's marriage.) Ordination comes after one receives a "call" to ministry (an offer or placement, depending on the tradition, to serve in a particular congregation or para-church ministry like chaplaincy). With ordination comes the title Reverend.

I will go out on a limb here and say that, other than perhaps when she was in Door County, Lori had never experienced a small church. Her view of Ken being a minister and she being the minister's wife probably involved serving in a large congregation where they would be very popular and, frankly, served well by the parishioners. This church of her dreams was most likely in a well-off community, maybe even close to her family/friends. So Ken graduates and, like most new grads, most likely receives a call, but to a smaller congregation, with meager/average salary,  perhaps in a less than desirable area. Ken most likely would be fine going there, as he would see himself called to a chance to grow this body of believers.. (After all, he grew up as a missionary kid.) Lori, on the other hand, is not happy and makes her unhappiness clearly known. Ken needs a job.

Again, in past webpages, Ken says he was associated with Millenium Management, which was started by an orthodontic supply company and a group of orthodontists (most likely clients of the company) back in the 1970's to provide management guidance at a time when medical/dental practices were just beginning to enter the computer era. Most likely, Lori's father had nothing to do with Ken getting this position. My guess is that either he had another contact or that he simply answered an ad. Consulting content can be taught. Companies look for outgoing, people-oriented individuals who are comfortable speaking in front of others...skills most clergy have.

• Upvote 9

So I always had the theory that Ken wanted to  be a preacher but being married to the ice queen herself kinda derailed that. I mean Lori the First Lady of a church? They have no congregation 

• Upvote 9

Speaking of Poverty Olympics, one of her fangirls post this on her blog:

"Thrift and modesty go hand in hand. Our daughters are home schooled, make their own clothes, and tend our chickens, milk goat, and garden. They even make their own sandals (we live in the interior of Florida). You better believe they take care of their clothes because they know how many hours a new dress costs. And they put those sandals on only when I insist for church and formal times. These girls cost us almost nothing and contribute in labor far more than what they cost. Even from age six the food they raised and the chores they did were worth more than what they cost."

What are their daughters? Indentured servants?  and Lori praised her for raising wonderful future "Keepers at Home"

• Disgust 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic