Jump to content
IGNORED

Lori Alexander 78: Still Doodling to Go Viral


Recommended Posts

nokidsmom
8 hours ago, Pink Muffin said:

The woman who sits in a big, big house, buys 14 dollar butter, takes month long  vacations in Door County, who has worked for a couple of years before she sabotaged her birth control so she could be a stay at home mother and wife lying on the couch, beat her children and make big salads.

 

To the bolded: I cannot imagine for the life of me why someone would openly, publicly admit to this.  In my younger years, I personally knew someone who did something similar.  She wanted to stay at home, thought she would force the issue only to have to go back to work after her baby's birth because it was even more financially necessary for her to work.  It was a more private admission and even then I lost all respect for her.  How Lori thought it was OK to post this for all to see just astounds me. 

Had I done such a thing, you can bet your bottom dollar that Mr. No would have divorced my sorry ass, stat.  He would be more willing to pay child support for years than stay with a wife so dishonest and devious.

Edited by nokidsmom
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • HoneyBunny

    33

  • Sarah92

    27

  • louisa05

    25

  • feministxtian

    24

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have been pretty sick for the last four months. I’ve had four surgeries for kidney stones and came home with a kidney stent three times. My second surgery landed me in the ICU with sepsis and ARDS. 

Too much introspection? What the fuck is that? If anything we don’t have enough of it in this country. It’s a skill I actively have to teach people 

Comment from Lori's follower from her post March 5, 2021, "Having Children is the Most Destructive Thing a Person Can Do???"   

Posted Images

Lgirlrocks
4 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

To the bolded: I cannot imagine for the life of me why someone would openly, publicly admit to this.  In my younger years, I personally knew someone who did something similar.  She wanted to stay at home, thought she would force the issue only to have to go back to work after her baby's birth because it was even more financially necessary for her to work.  It was a more private admission and even then I lost all respect for her.  How Lori thought it was OK to post this for all to see just astounds me. 

Had I done such a thing, you can bet your bottom dollar that Mr. No would have divorced my sorry ass, stat.  He would be more willing to pay child support for years than stay with a wife so dishonest and devious.

How can you stay married to someone after that? That is such a violation of trust. How can you trust someone after that? 

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
HoneyBunny

The fact that LazyLori so openly and readily admits she sabotaged her birth control in order to stay home speaks volumes about where she is coming from in her “teaching” (NOT preaching) of women. She truly has no idea how horrible she is, and believes every woman is just like herself.  I don’t have to be a Christian to treat my husband (and every person I come in contact with, actually) better than she used to treat Ken on a normal day. 

Another example of this: she asked in her chat room (IIRC) for memories of past Christmases and offered one of her own:  the kids got up early, opened all their presents, she spanked them all with a slipper and locked them outside and went running up in tears to tell Ken. In what world is this normal behavior?  And, even more so, what would possess someone to publicly recall this particular Christmas memory years later?

She just doesn’t have a clue. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cults-r-us
On 2/14/2021 at 4:40 PM, brittbratkittykat said:

Lori has said suffering refines is and makes us like Christ. But she has also said we need to suffer in silence. 

I agree that is this actually a lot of Ken tbh. Like he could have gotten her help, instead he heard ‘I wanna please you!’ And the rest is history. He keeps enabling this behavior. I mean his children don’t follow her ‘teachings’ to this extent which they seem fine with... 

I’m also confused why Ken is attracted to basically an overgrown toddler. And I mean that in the sense that she doesn’t seem to be able to do much independently. Like wouldn’t that get old? Constantly telling an adult what to do. 

Lori is very difficult. The whole family has worn kid gloves tip-toeing and tap dancing and sash-swaying around her,  as one does when dealing with someone ridiculous and irrational. She is profoundly uninsightful. You can't "just get someone help" who can't comprehend she is troubled. Plus how could she part with her control and woo treatment? A person receiving help has to be able to cooperate with treatment.

      Never mind she has been brainwashed by her own TTW gig. Her toxicity is reinforced in a reciprocal circular pattern by that nasty chatroom. She and her fanbase are all a lot sicker as a result. The family was probably happy she found a niche that kept her busy, not comprehendingthat hobby is akin to starting fires!

      As far as why is Ken attracted to Lori: Is he? I imagine, financially, habitually, etc., he is stuck. He has also been brainwashed by TTW rhetoric but he certainly seems toxic his own self without it. His White Horse of Truth blatherings have sometimes seemed to indicate he craves  emotional intimacy, so who knows about these two.

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
nokidsmom
15 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

How can you stay married to someone after that? That is such a violation of trust. How can you trust someone after that? 

The person who "confessed" to "forgetting" to her birth control pills did this after her husband specifically said he wanted to wait a bit longer before starting a family.   They had been married for a short time, like 1-2 years, just bought a house (which she wanted) and he wanted to be on firmer financial footing first.  She was not happy in her job so there was the issue of why not change jobs instead until they were ready.  Both were young in their mid 20s.

To force a spouse into parenthood after that person has stated they are not ready yet....just so wrong no matter how big the disagreement. 

That same husband also insisted that she go back to work after having the baby.  Because between the house and the baby she wanted, now they really needed the money.  Fast forward, I wasn't surprised to learn that they eventually divorced.  I was only surprised that it didn't happen earlier, they divorced at the 16 year mark.

 

14 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Another example of this: she asked in her chat room (IIRC) for memories of past Christmases and offered one of her own:  the kids got up early, opened all their presents, she spanked them all with a slipper and locked them outside and went running up in tears to tell Ken. In what world is this normal behavior?  And, even more so, what would possess someone to publicly recall this particular Christmas memory years later?

She just doesn’t have a clue. 

That "Christmas Memory" is not only not normal, it's insane.   There is something seriously wrong with her.  

Incidentally I know someone who reminds me of Lori, she's difficult and irrational and also she admits to things that no one in their right mind would think those things are something for which to stand up and take a bow.    This person has seen all sort of doctors for imagined illnesses but never the kind she needed: a psychiatrist.

 

Edited by nokidsmom
Clarification
  • Upvote 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
FluffySnowball
On 3/3/2021 at 4:46 PM, smittykins said:

Years ago, a so-called “expert” advised parents not to give their children flavored medicines, which he claimed made kids “associate drugs with pleasure.”

Apparently, grape-flavored amoxicillin is a gateway drug.  Who knew?

Some people really make up problems where there aren’t any. Most kids just need to take meds sometimes and it’s best for everyone involved to be able to easily administer them.

I remember a friend’s baby son being sick and needing antibiotics a few years ago (he isn’t a baby anymore, sniff). The drops apparently tasted awful so one of us would try to distract him with songs or silly faces while the other tried to get the spoon in his mouth without him noticing. He had to take the meds twice a day I believe and it took so much time every noon and evening - little smarty pants of course figured out what we were trying to do and spit the meds straight  out again. I felt so sorry for him cause he needed the meds but really didn’t like them and was too young to understand he had to take them. Some flavor might have really helped but I don’t think it was available, otherwise his mum would have chosen to use the tastier drops. 

Also, I just remember that apparently when I was little, I had to take some meds with strawberry taste (I don’t remember but that what I’ve been told). I’m told I loved it - but I didn’t end up a junkie so there’s that... 😂

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
smittykins

To this day, I don’t like anything with fake strawberry flavor because it reminds me of cough syrup. 🤢 

(I’m also old enough to vaguely remember when toy doctor/nurse kits came with candy “pills.”  After that practice was discontinued, I would fill the empty containers they provided with either Tic Tacs or Dynamints.)

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
HoneyBunny
On 3/7/2021 at 9:58 AM, smittykins said:

To this day, I don’t like anything with fake strawberry flavor because it reminds me of cough syrup. 🤢 

(I’m also old enough to vaguely remember when toy doctor/nurse kits came with candy “pills.”  After that practice was discontinued, I would fill the empty containers they provided with either Tic Tacs or Dynamints.)

Wait, what?  Doctor kits no longer contain candy pills? Some days I just can’t handle reality. 

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
cindyluvs24

I would like Lori to add a footnote to each of her TTW posts listing what she cooked that day, and did around the house.  Accountability !!!!!  Lead by example!!!!  

  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
crawfishgirl

Her blog post from March 9th is no longer on her blog or on facebook.  I wonder what happened.  If I remember correctly, the post was based on a tweet that a pastor had made about what would help women regarding International Women's Day.  It stated that being submissive, etc., would help.  I can imagine it being removed from facebook, but not her blog.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Alisamer
On 3/3/2021 at 11:37 AM, Loveday said:

All I can say to that is I wish they'd make Nyquil in the same flavor they used to use to make children's Cheracol-D. Of course, as good as that stuff tasted, I knew better than to sneak into the medicine cabinet and swig it when Mom wasn't looking. So tempting, though. 😆

I don't know if I ever got that, but I do remember grape-flavored cough syrup from my childhood. It was decently tasty, but none of us ever took it when it wasn't needed.

We called it "purple medicine". I have no idea what the real name or brand was. It was always just purple medicine.

On 3/6/2021 at 5:59 AM, Pink Muffin said:

The woman who sits in a big, big house, buys 14 dollar butter, takes month long  vacations in Door County, who has worked for a couple of years before she sabotaged her birth control so she could be a stay at home mother and wife lying on the couch, beat her children and make big salads.

She, she thinks it's evil to give people a living wage! 

You are going to Hell, Lori.

She preaches that families should be able to live exclusively on the husband's pay, but thinks that it's "evil" to actually require pay to be an amount (single) people can live on.

All coming from a woman who spent the majority of her adult life lounging on a sofa while her housekeeper and nanny was paid to do the "housewife" work she thinks all women should be doing unpaid. Sure, Lori.

  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Celtic Rose

Talking of medicines for children.  My mum's remedy for a sore tummy was a spoonful of brandy with some sugar "to help the medicine go down"  As a child I thought it should taste like the sweets brandy balls

Still can't abide brandy.

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
KDA

The whole drugs thing Lori has going on is absolute bullshit. My youngest is on seizure medication because it stops him from having seizures. Without it, he could die. The most terrifying moment of my life was when he had his first seizure and fell unconscious in my arms, shaking violently and frothing at the mouth.

My oldest, despite being very healthy as a child and hardly ever needing any kind of medication, now regularly smokes, drinks, smokes marijuana (illegal here) and uses MDMA (also illegal here, and usually tainted with something bad which is killing people on a regular basis).

My husband (ex) abuses drugs, has done forever, due to past emotional issues (I believe) and it's one of the reasons we divorced. His mother was a nurse, and he was never given un-necessary medications as a kid.

I don't know how many people in here are Christian, but those who are might be happy for me: after nearly killing himself last weekend by getting high on drugs and alcohol and doing stupid, stupid things, my oldest has asked me to pick him up tonight and take him to our mid-week church service. He hasn't been to church in probably a year and has been drifting further and further down the rabbit-hole of young male life-threatening stupidity and I have been so worried about him. I'm still worried..... but also so happy that he wants to come to church.

Lori has no clue. And those woman in the comment section of that post about fasting - why? What is the point in fasting? Do they think it makes them more godly, or is there a legitimate health reason for it?

  • I Agree 1
  • Love 13
Link to post
Share on other sites
cindyluvs24

Shouldn't her main focus be on her home?   I think if Lori started gardening or fixing up her house herself, her mind would be occupied and she wouldn't have time to be a bitch.  

  • Upvote 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
fluffy

Comment from Lori's follower from her post March 5, 2021, "Having Children is the Most Destructive Thing a Person Can Do???" 

 

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 9.50.30 PM.png

Edited by fluffy
  • Disgust 9
  • WTF 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah92

If this story is true Kim abused her sister’s trust, tampered with medication, put her sister in a potential dangerous situation, and is encouraging others to do it as well. That’s absolutely disgusting. If I found out that had happened to me I would have an order of protection so fast. How is that showing Christ like love? Hooowwww. Fucking hell. 
 

Talking about medication my mom always gave me what I believe is  dimetapp chewables when I was sick. However, I must be allergic to them or something because I could never keep them down. I don’t think my mom noticed that pattern.  But parents who don’t want kids to have any meds get on my nerves. Like giving them that anxiety meds might prevent them from taking harder drugs and make them feel better. Heck my brother hardly ever took medication as a child and he was recently using fentanyl so yeah. 

  • Upvote 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
Botkinetti
8 hours ago, fluffy said:

Comment from Lori's follower from her post March 5, 2021, "Having Children is the Most Destructive Thing a Person Can Do???" 

 

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 9.50.30 PM.png

I really hope this is fake story designed to impress Lori and her followers otherwise it is a monstrous betrayal of trust. 
You can feel the seething jealousy that this woman’s sister made her own choices and decisions. If the story is true the writer is scary as hell in her determination to control other people.

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
crawfishgirl
12 hours ago, fluffy said:

Alyssa's instagram pictures remind me of Jinger's insta.  They are both staged to look perfect, but they appear a bit self-absorbent and superficial.  To each his own, I guess.

  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hane

Re @fluffy’s post from “Kim”: I’ll take “Things That Never Happened” for 400, Alex.

Edited by Hane
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Seahorse Wrangler

Someone over at the FundieSnarkUncensored claims it's a copypasta from another subreddit, offmychest.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Free Jana Duggar
3 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I really hope this is fake story designed to impress Lori and her followers otherwise it is a monstrous betrayal of trust. 
You can feel the seething jealousy that this woman’s sister made her own choices and decisions. If the story is true the writer is scary as hell in her determination to control other people.

I really hope this is fake as well. My first thought was how dangerous that could be. It's not just about making something ineffective. Heating something that should be cold can cause chemical reactions which make things go bad. She could have made her sister very sick if this is true.

  • Upvote 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
Alisamer

So Lori's posters are psychopathic evil morons who couldn't tell the truth to save their lives.

Just like Lori!

If that story is true? I hope that woman's sister finds out and sues the absolute hell out of her.

If someone did that to me? I'd be suing for every penny I could get from them, as well as exploring if there were criminal charges that could be filed. You want me to have a kid that bad? You get to pay for it. Can't afford to pay what the judge says? Guess you can go sit and think about that in jail. 

It's horrible how self-satisfied that story is, like the poster thinks their sister is suddenly so much happier than she ever could have been before... when it's likely not the case at all. The sister is making the best of the situation she's found herself in, and may be enjoying her life, but that doesn't mean she'd have been unhappy to continue working and traveling!

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
louisa05
20 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

So Lori's posters are psychopathic evil morons who couldn't tell the truth to save their lives.

Just like Lori!

If that story is true? I hope that woman's sister finds out and sues the absolute hell out of her.

If someone did that to me? I'd be suing for every penny I could get from them, as well as exploring if there were criminal charges that could be filed. You want me to have a kid that bad? You get to pay for it. Can't afford to pay what the judge says? Guess you can go sit and think about that in jail. 

It's horrible how self-satisfied that story is, like the poster thinks their sister is suddenly so much happier than she ever could have been before... when it's likely not the case at all. The sister is making the best of the situation she's found herself in, and may be enjoying her life, but that doesn't mean she'd have been unhappy to continue working and traveling!

I feel like it’s one of those churchy fake stories to prove that everyone is unhappy if they’re not living the prescribed way as decreed by that pastor or speaker’s beliefs. 
One feature of fundagelicalism that never set right for me was the teaching that everyone else is unhappy but just doesn’t know it. The focus of evangelism was to make them realize how happy you are and how unhappy they are, then they will “want what you have” and convert. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Alisamer
3 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

One feature of fundagelicalism that never set right for me was the teaching that everyone else is unhappy but just doesn’t know it. The focus of evangelism was to make them realize how happy you are and how unhappy they are, then they will “want what you have” and convert. 

If you're unhappy and you don't know it... you are NOT unhappy! Unless you're one of these fundie people claiming to be super-mega-happy all the time. I think most of them are miserable, jealous people living in absolute terror of stepping out of line and going to hell, and afraid God hates them for being so desperately unhappy so they fake being happy in hopes of pleasing Him.

The people they accuse of being unhappy but not knowing it? They're likely actually happy.

 

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.