IGNORED

Lori Alexander 78: Still Doodling to Go Viral

14 hours ago, brittbratkittykat said:

I’m also confused why Ken is attracted to basically an overgrown toddler. And I mean that in the sense that she doesn’t seem to be able to do much independently. Like wouldn’t that get old? Constantly telling an adult what to do. 

He references why he was attracted to Lori many times (sometimes subtlety and sometimes not)....it was about sex. He talks all the time about how she was good looking and had a killer figure.  He even says when their marriage was rocky, they still had a good sex life. In other stories he talks about frequency 4-5 times a week.   He wanted sex and she was cute/sexy. By both of their accounts they fought a lot when they first met, before they got married and after.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

16 hours ago, brittbratkittykat said:

Lori has said suffering refines is and makes us like Christ. But she has also said we need to suffer in silence.

And yet, this is the woman who finds it sooooooo onerous to wear a mask for a few minutes at a time to keep others safe. And never misses an opportunity to tell us about it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6

I think Lori is all for suffering as long as it's other people doing the suffering.

I remember when she needed a 2nd surgery for her brain tumor a few years back, her surgeon was going on vacation and didn't think he'd have time to do it before he left.  She told him she was suffering couldn't wait that long.

Now, ordinarily I wouldn't put someone down for that.  I'd want a brain tumor, even a non-malignant one like Lori's, gone as soon as possible.  But since Lori frequently prescribes suffering in silence to others I'd say she is being a bit hypocritical.  But that's nothing new for Lori.

• Upvote 14

Lori has dragged out (again) the give it up whenever he wants it post (MIchael Pearl is her authority on this). She tells us that depriving your hubby is sin, but if you're sick, in pain, physically can't, immediately after childbirth it's not sin.  Oh and husbands know the difference and understand.

To which I say ha ha ha yeah right.-- and hold up the example of all the Irish twins I knew growing up who were less than 11 months apart -- including a friend who was 9 months and 3 weeks younger than her brother. Her mother was on strict bed rest for most of the pregnancy and her dad was 'doing without'.  Within 2 weeks after she was born he was back at it.  Eavesdroppiing on Mrs X and my mother I learned that Mr X broke Mrs X's stitches when he decided to get back to it. They were't fundie but Mr X was an asshat who believed in and practiced patriarchy.

Oh and Lori mentions she didn't deprive Ken during her (now) 30 years of being so so so so so sick.  It used to be 25 years, now it's 30. I had no idea she'd learned to bend the space-time continuum.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 7
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 1

Lori may not have "deprived" Ken, but she habitually lied to him and self-sabotaged their birth control.  

I'd love to ask a marriage therapist for an opinion on which is healthier for a marriage?  Saying "no" when one doesn't feel up to it, or pretending to use birth control that one has rendered useless?   Her continued advocating of deceit within marriage is appalling to me.  And having sex when one doesn't really want to is deceit imho, and undermines the concept of both saying "yes" and "no".  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

I have been pretty sick for the last four months. I’ve had four surgeries for kidney stones and came home with a kidney stent three times. My second surgery landed me in the ICU with sepsis and ARDS. 

Our sex life was non existent for about nine weeks and things are slowly starting to happen again, but it is on my timeline. Not once has my husband even indicated that he “needed” sex. We have spent our time cuddling and just being thankful for being together. 

I think Ken is disgusting for having sex with his wife who was “so so so sick.”  I get a little nauseous thinking about a man using his wife that way. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 22

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori has dragged out (again) the give it up whenever he wants it post (MIchael Pearl is her authority on this). She tells us that depriving your hubby is sin, but if you're sick, in pain, physically can't, immediately after childbirth it's not sin.  Oh and husbands know the difference and understand.

To which I say ha ha ha yeah right.-- and hold up the example of all the Irish twins I knew growing up who were less than 11 months apart -- including a friend who was 9 months and 3 weeks younger than her brother. Her mother was on strict bed rest for most of the pregnancy and her dad was 'doing without'.  Within 2 weeks after she was born he was back at it.  Eavesdroppiing on Mrs X and my mother I learned that Mr X broke Mrs X's stitches when he decided to get back to it. They were't fundie but Mr X was an asshat who believed in and practiced patriarchy.

Oh and Lori mentions she didn't deprive Ken during her (now) 30 years of being so so so so so sick.  It used to be 25 years, now it's 30. I had no idea she'd learned to bend the space-time continuum.

My cousin was an office manager at a surgical gynecological practice and some of the damage and trauma stories are horrific... its abuse- there is no cotton wrapped way to make it sound better.. 

21 minutes ago, usmcmom said:

I have been pretty sick for the last four months. I’ve had four surgeries for kidney stones and came home with a kidney stent three times. My second surgery landed me in the ICU with sepsis and ARDS. 

Our sex life was non existent for about nine weeks and things are slowly starting to happen again, but it is on my timeline. Not once has my husband even indicated that he “needed” sex. We have spent our time cuddling and just being thankful for being together. 

I think Ken is disgusting for having sex with his wife who was “so so so sick.”  I get a little nauseous thinking about a man using his wife that way. 

I am SO sorry to hear you have been going through so much!  That sound horrible!  Fingers crossed you are officially on the mend and things have been figured out!!! Today marks 9 weeks since I had a Hysterectomy...I was told 9-12 weeks NOTHING in the V... Oh I have heard about it for sure.. all the time..lol  But like yours, my husband prioritizes my health for the long terms...

• Upvote 3
  • Love 10

Not WK-ing Kenny boy, but I don't think Ken pressured Lori to have sex when she was so so so so so sick. 

I don't think Lori had regular sex with Ken when she was so so so so so sick.  I think she said no All. The. Time for 25 30 years. Not because she was actually sick because we've never had a straight story about what she had for 25 30 years. Parasites for 30 years? Uh really?

I think she said no to deprive (I hate that word) Ken on purpose. Out of meanness.  If she was saying "yes" for all those years, why was it such a big honking deal when Debi Pearl convicted her after 25 30 years of bad marriage and she became a 'transformed wife" who gave/gives it up 3-4 times a week.. You know for 5-10 minutes and with some lube.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I go away for a while and come back to find this site completed updated! I was confused at first. 

I’m gonna assume that they are Calvinists. And many Calvinist seem to have this weird love for suffering. Maybe it’s connected to the idea of total depravity and that suffering brings you closer to sanctification because humans deserve to suffer. Idk but at the same time the people who believe those things only mean that others should silently suffer because their personal suffering is soooo much worse. 

• Upvote 7

27 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I go away for a while and come back to find this site completed updated! I was confused at first. 

I’m gonna assume that they are Calvinists. And many Calvinist seem to have this weird love for suffering. Maybe it’s connected to the idea of total depravity and that suffering brings you closer to sanctification because humans deserve to suffer. Idk but at the same time the people who believe those things only mean that others should silently suffer because their personal suffering is soooo much worse. 

Ken and Lori both have said on several occasions that they are not Calvinists, but they definitely seem like it to me sometimes. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, NoseyNellie said:

I am SO sorry to hear you have been going through so much!  That sound horrible!  Fingers crossed you are officially on the mend and things have been figured out!!! Today marks 9 weeks since I had a Hysterectomy...I was told 9-12 weeks NOTHING in the V... Oh I have heard about it for sure.. all the time..lol  But like yours, my husband prioritizes my health for the long terms...

Thank you for the kind words! Here’s hoping you are recovering well also. 

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I don't think Lori had regular sex with Ken when she was so so so so so sick.  I think she said no All. The. Time for 25 30 year

Of course she said no. She does what she wants and we all know it. She didn't even cook for him and we are supposed to believe she did the huge sacrifice of having sex while being ill?

In addition, as you said, Ken does not strike as someone forcing her wife that way.

In some way, they are worse than the Pearls. At least, Pearls aren't hypocritical: they were sincere about their abusive relationship. Conversely, Lori and Ken had (an awful but) not submissive marriage, yet they are pushing others to submission and abuse! 

They should be banned of the social networks. 

• Upvote 13

Had a dream that Lori was a teacher of mine when I was a senior in high school. And we actually got along. But also in the same dream I kept vodka in my locker. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

I think it's safe to assume that whatever Lori says to do NOW, is probably the opposite of what she ACTUALLY DID back then.

No way did she say yes to him every time when she was "so sick". She had a housekeeper, she had a nanny, she sabotaged her birth control so she didn't have to work, he cooked his own meals (which the kids wanted in on), she spent her time lounging on the sofa and shutting the kids in their rooms so they wouldn't bother her, etc. She didn't become "submissive" until relatively recently in their relationship. She didn't become anti-birth control until AFTER she was basically past childbearing age. 

I'm still convinced that the vast majority of what Lori preaches that she does, are things she started doing solely to keep Ken from divorcing her once the kids were nearing adulthood. He stayed with her for the kids, and then when she felt she was losing that bargaining chip she suddenly decided to push the "Biblical" thing to guilt him into staying with her. She didn't want to lose her walking ATM.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

On 2/12/2021 at 1:06 PM, Foursquare said:

Adoptive mom of four here. And I can't find Alyssa online so I'm working off comments here.  

We learned early not to broadcast a potential adoption, because, at least in our state, the adoptive mom has to wait 72 hours before she can give her child up--and some of them change their mind in that time and decide to keep the baby.  It's hard enough to deal with that loss, you don't need the added problem of having to tell the world that it didn't happen.

Yep.  My husband and I had two birthmothers back out on us after the child was born. In the second case, we were approved for foster care could have brought the baby home from the hospital for foster care as long as we understood the birthmom had three days to change her mind. After the first experience, we decided against it and were so glad we did not bring the child home. 

It took ten more years, but we finally adopted a brother and sister together. 

On 2/13/2021 at 3:32 AM, klein_roeschen said:

She's the oldest child of Lori and had her mother as the primary caretaker the longest, since I don't know when Lori and Ken got a nanny and a housekeeper. With her Lori laid the foundation of her childraising. And I also suspect that she threated her boys way better than her girls.

I'm more sad about the adoption over them getting pregant themself. While I pity every fundie kid, you can't prevent them from procreating. But adoption is a different matter, because the birthmother (birthparents if the father is involved with decision) think they are the perfect family to raise their child.

I wonder if this birthmother has done any research on Alyssa's family.  If I was a birthmother looking for a family for my baby and heard that Lori would be the grandma... no way in he!!.  And if possible, I'd tell them that too. 

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 3

Similarly, my aunt and uncle thought they were "getting" a baby for the birth mother's entire pregnancy. They had everything prepped and ready to go. She backed out after holding her baby in the hospital. About 2 months later they were able to adopt a different newborn. They were so heartbroken at first and the entire family had also been eagerly anticipating.

• Upvote 7

The talk of adoption makes me think of the people who say just foster to adopt. That can have similar issues. Foster cases can go on for years and then bio parents still get their kids back. Engage building a relationship with a child for years of their life and then they have to go back even if you have major concerns about the kid’s safety. 

Another issue I have with fostering/ adoption is centers that allow families to adopt multiple children with different special needs or disabilities without these individuals being adequately trained or having the resources to care for the kids. When parents are adopting or fostering children they must be prepared to meet the kid’s needs. I’ve seen too many parents outside of my job who just were not up for the role and it definitely impacted the kids. 

I have some major beefs with DCFS and the system as a whole lol. 

• Upvote 11

14 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

The talk of adoption makes me think of the people who say just foster to adopt. That can have similar issues. Foster cases can go on for years and then bio parents still get their kids back. 

I have some major beefs with DCFS and the system as a whole lol. 

This makes me think of FosterhoodNY who finally has an adoption date (this week!) for the child she has fostered from birth.  Four years after the 4 year "deadline" passed. There was never a goal of reunification after what happened with the childs older bio sibling. The entire saga has never made me very happy about OCS and the system.

Yes, I think it's great to get kids out of horrific situations and it's a very hard job. I think they could do better. Talk and acknowledge that the child's primary caregiver is a foster parent but also that they are the primary care giver and kids in foster care are not in suspended animation.

• Upvote 5

Dear God...the anti-mask bullshit on her Facebook today...

Scrolling through the comments, I learned that Jesus improves your immune system, viruses don’t cause disease, unnamed doctors have told Lori’s readers that there is a massive increase in “lung illness” due to masks and neurologists everywhere are saying that masks cause brain damage. Also, covid vaccines are the mark of the beast. 

There’s a lot of misinformation from a lot of fools in one place. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 9
  • I Agree 1

So much hate to unpack here. 

Poor LazyLori has to suffer in a cold and uninviting waiting room. Know what else is cold and uninviting?  ICUs. 

As a member of the huge number of people in the Christian Left, I really resent the hate she’s displaying here. 

And as a formerly naturally big, strong, athletic woman...fuck off, bitch. 

0DED78F6-36B0-4BD2-AD79-A73070A36337.png

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 6

Poor confused Lori, looking for warmth and beauty while getting a blood draw.  Most normal people get warmth and beauty from their homes and relationships.  Lori hasn't exactly aced those areas.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 4

For someone who has been “so so so sick” and for a “Christian,” she really is an ungrateful old hag. 

I have been in so many waiting rooms lately - for imaging, lung testing, surgeries. These healthcare workers are doing their absolute best to give patients a SAFE appointment. I was so fortunate that my hospital allowed  one visitor for my procedures and my ICU stay. Some offices, however, did not allow my husband to come in with me. And that is fine. We want healthcare workers to be safe. 

I am just so thankful to be alive after recovering from sepsis and ARDS, I’d take my appointments in a barn if I had to. Her nasty, entitled attitude is so infuriating. I can’t even imagine how hateful she is to the staff that she encounters.  I bet she complains all the time about masks, Democrats and working mothers. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 7

Regarding Lori's critique of the lab reception area: I wonder what she has to say about the Covid protocols initiated in her son's and son-in-law's  orthodontic offices? I would imagine that they are not as "welcoming" as they once were in order to keep the patients safe. I also wonder if either office has had to deal with staff Covid cases.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

I can see it now...

Lori to the female phlebotomist: your waiting room is so cold and uninviting. I miss how it used to be. 

The phlebotomist with teary eyes: Yes it’s just like my house since I started working. It used to be so warm and full of life. But now it’s cold and unwelcoming and my children have become leftists who worship satan. I so wish I could stop working so I could better attend to my husband but my feminist mother says I must work or I’ll waste all my potential. I also have a spending habit and chase after boats, a second car, and lots of fancy clothes. 

Lori whips out her books gleefully and the phlebotomist quits on the spot due to Lori’s non leftist wisdom. 

That’s how those visits go right? 

Also funny not having wisdom.... I was told at one point my spiritual gift (if one believes in that) was wisdom and discernment... did I lose that by becoming progressive?  I’ll tell you what. I do have enough wisdom to know going to Cancun while your people are suffering from freezing temperatures and mass power outages is a terrible idea. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

Real conversation at my house tonight:

Me: According to Fundie Bitch, wearing masks causes brain damage. 
Mr05: Then she’s been wearing one since she was born. 

*I used to refer to her as “Fundie Lady” to my mother. A year or so ago, in response to something I read to mom from her that was particularly heinous, mom responded: “She’s not a lady, she’s a bitch. We should be calling her Fundie Bitch.” So we do. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic