IGNORED

Lori Alexander 78: Still Doodling to Go Viral

12 hours ago, Fallgirl30 said:

She has become more and more desperate since Trump lost.  Not a huge Biden fan myself but I am loving this.

She and TAM can share a room. TAM has been quiet about a lot of things that if the left did she would be all over it. Biden winning is going to be the fuel their fire needs to stay alive. 

• Upvote 5

Too much introspection? What the fuck is that? If anything we don’t have enough of it in this country. It’s a skill I actively have to teach people 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 11

“Don’t think, don’t feel(unless happy happy joy joy), God is in control, move along, nothing to see here.” ?

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

Wow, this is a real gem. 

B3D60515-9F5E-49F6-BED3-C0BC07665831.png

High quality children? Wtf is that shit. Children are individuals not cars.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

@KDA, thanks for the correction on who played Gil Favor.  I think I need to spend some time watching Rawhide reruns.  It comes on H&I at 9 AM.  

• Upvote 2

The level of scripture twisting Lori does... ? The whole “renewing your mind” thing (Romans 12:2 reference) has absolutely nothing to do with turning off introspection. If anything, (at least from what I understand) the Bible encourages introspection AND thinking. 
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.” ‭‭II Timothy‬ ‭1:7‬ 

“Examine yourselves as to whether you are in the faith...”‭‭ II Corinthians‬ ‭13:5‬ 

Maybe, just maybe, teens and young women lose their “joy” because they learn about and experience patriarchy and sexism, Lori! Oh, and by the way, depression is not a sin either!

• Upvote 13
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Wow, this is a real gem. 

IDK,  it looks like Mr. Patriarchy is drying a dish and Mom is just relaxing with the kids to me. Are you sure that's patriarchy, Lori?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1

Yes, that was patriarchy in the Alexander home - Lori was too sick to do the housework.  Too many parasites in her gut...

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 11

3 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Wow, this is a real gem. 

Does Lori want emotionally stable children as she claims in the patriarchy post or does she want kids without introspection? One can’t get one without the other, but how should the stupid hag know? After all, she never had children or worked with young people at school - oh wait ?

• Upvote 15

Child therapist says ew to the idea of “high quality children”. It sounds as gross when those MGTOW and guys talk about high quality women, sexual market value, and alpha males. Also the imagery that people who have sex outside of marriage are used cars, chewed gum etc. 

I am primarily a child therapist although I work with a number of adults too. Covid has led to a lot of changes for mental health professionals. But anyways, the idea of “high quality children” is horrifying. Many children that act out are traumatized children who need help. Some of the things the kids I work with have seen would make a grown adult sick. And they get judged for it because they struggle to control themselves. Some of these kids might need to be of meds for the rest of their life regardless of parenting. Ugh 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

10 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Child therapist says ew to the idea of “high quality children”. It sounds as gross when those MGTOW and guys talk about high quality women, sexual market value, and alpha males. Also the imagery that people who have sex outside of marriage are used cars, chewed gum etc. 

I am primarily a child therapist although I work with a number of adults too. Covid has led to a lot of changes for mental health professionals. But anyways, the idea of “high quality children” is horrifying. Many children that act out are traumatized children who need help. Some of the things the kids I work with have seen would make a grown adult sick. And they get judged for it because they struggle to control themselves. Some of these kids might need to be of meds for the rest of their life regardless of parenting. Ugh 

And where do children with genetic differences fit in that definition? That’s what hit me with that phrase. My cousin had CF. Was he a “low quality” child? Another cousin has a grandson on the way who they’ve found out has Downs. 
How do people who buy into that view children with genetic illness or differences??? 
I’m going to guess that I don’t want to know. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 7

From today's FB -- lying Lori who lies:

The Transformed Wife

XXXXx

I wrote that we disciplined our children with unconditional love and with no abuse. We never verbally nor physically abused them so I am not sure what you are disagreeing with me about.

Liar Liar Lori.

Tell us again how fat shaming your daughters for a 5 lb weight gain was unconditional love.  Tell us again how beating you children for hours with a stiff leather strap was not physical abuse.

Go on Lori -- Tell us.  Tell us how if Ken beat you for hours with a stiff leather strap that wouldn't be physical abuse.

Go on. We're waiting. ..., Oooooooo ....... ding, ding ding .... time's up Lori.  I guess you're a liar after all. And a sadist. An abusive parent. 

Yep a lying, sadistic, abusive liar. Who beat her children. With a stiff leather strap. For hours.

Just the sort of godly older woman mentor we all need.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

And where do children with genetic differences fit in that definition? That’s what hit me with that phrase. My cousin had CF. Was he a “low quality” child? Another cousin has a grandson on the way who they’ve found out has Downs. 
How do people who buy into that view children with genetic illness or differences??? 
I’m going to guess that I don’t want to know. 

I guess that as long as it doesn’t concern them or their immediate family, people like Lori look down on parents who got a disabled child and might even think that’s “the punishment for their sins”.
In case it affects them, then they twist things and say they’re specially blessed by God with such responsibility. But we see time and again (with JRod, Debi Pearl’s horrendous book, etc.) that disabled people don’t get adequate, respectful, and loving treatment and care in fundydom. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 2

From Twitter: "We now attend a church where the pastor is unashamed of the Word of God and is passionate about it. He preaches it boldly and as written. No watering it down or twisting it to fit culture. The songs picked are biblically sound too. Absolutely what we were longing for."

If you recall, Ken stormed out of their last church because the pastor had a sermon about the historical context of "women being silent in church" and it disagreed with Ken/Lori's philosophy. If you recall...THAT church was/is the church where Lori's BIL (her sister Debby's husband) is an associate pastor (and still is).   I follow it online and it looks like a nice, reasonable church.  I wonder if that all cause fallout between the two families. 

AND I wonder how long it will take K&L to find fault with the new church?

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

In reply to them now attending a biblical church. I suppose that Lori’s perspective is only submit to a male who I agree with perfectly. If I don’t agree with him I don’t have to submit. So Lori is ultimately in control of deciding who is biblical in her opinion despite repeatedly saying women think with their emotions. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I would think a "high quality" child is one who has empathy for others, loves and accepts all. Success doesn't mean being little robots just like mummy and daddy. Raising a child who has those qualities is better than a little religiously brainwashed clone of the parents. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

25 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Success doesn't mean being little robots just like mummy and daddy.

Fundies think it is.  They think failure is if they aren't little robots who spout the party line.  

As to girls who used to be joyful - I imagine at some point they figure out that they are denied all options in life other than being sex slaves for Jesus.  Spread those legs, have that sex, birth those babies and Nothing Else.   Don't think about working in an office or being a nurse or a vet or anything else.   That would make most people sad and lose their joy. To have all your options taken away.  That is also the introspection thing "just don't think about things other people get to do.  Think of all the times you get to be joyfully available no matter how tired and stressed and sick and not in the mood you are!  It's going to be GREAT!"  

• Upvote 14

12 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Fundies think it is.  They think failure is if they aren't little robots who spout the party line

That was the LAST thing I wanted in my children. Seriously, how boring to end up with clones of yourself. Nothing to discuss or even argue about. I mean, yes, my kids have similar views to mine, but it wasn't because I wanted robots. Hell no! From the time they were pretty small, they were free to express any opinion they wanted. My only requirement is they better have some references, have thought about the topic and can back up what they're saying. They're all great debaters now. I like having critical thinkers. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

I guess that as long as it doesn’t concern them or their immediate family, people like Lori look down on parents who got a disabled child and might even think that’s “the punishment for their sins”.
In case it affects them, then they twist things and say they’re specially blessed by God with such responsibility. But we see time and again (with JRod, Debi Pearl’s horrendous book, etc.) that disabled people don’t get adequate, respectful, and loving treatment and care in fundydom. 

Wasn't that on Lori's blog once? The mother of a non-verbal, severely mentally delayed child proudly telling everyone how they used spanking as a training method when the child screamed? I can't remember the details, but it was disturbing.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 4

19 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

In case it affects them, then they twist things and say they’re specially blessed by God with such responsibility.

Or they treat a child with a disability(although they almost always use the term “handicapped”)as an object lesson from God that “has so much to teach us!” Not as actual human beings with their own personalities, feelings, and opinions.

As someone with a disability myself, I’ve always hated this particular nugget of glurgey “wisdom.”

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 7

On 1/25/2021 at 6:24 PM, KDA said:

Wasn't that on Lori's blog once? The mother of a non-verbal, severely mentally delayed child proudly telling everyone how they used spanking as a training method when the child screamed? I can't remember the details, but it was disturbing.

It was part of a comment thread on one of the posts, yes.  I can't remember if it was on FB or the actual blog but you're correct, the mom mentioned how they had to discipline their nonverbal wheelchair bound child.  Saying that she often "acted out".  

Of course Lori thought that mom to be a paragon of motherhood.  

• Upvote 4

There is quite a shitstorm happening an LazyLori’s Facebook page today.  A severely depressed, suicidal woman from the UK has posted, and the Bible thumpers, pseudo-doctors and judge-y types are all offering their opinions. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic