IGNORED

The Staddons 2: Continuing into the Next Generation

Coconut Flan

And an invitation from Lenspiration blog

"

Spoiler

It's going to be odd to go to a wedding without being the one taking pictures. :) But I'm grateful for a team who will be doing a wonderful job of taking care of all that. I'm just going to step back and enjoy the day. :) And if you'd like to enjoy it with us, please feel free to join us via the livestream at www.jameslovesjulianna.com!"

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Sops2 said:

And they're off to get the marriage licence- looks as if Friday at 2pm is the time- no sign of a password needed for any livestream

Hide contents

20220817_084435.thumb.jpg.e92ad7b4cd7e2053c14ef79e0c5b20b3.jpg

Might just be me, but I see another example here of a fundie couple who look fairly alike, at least they have similar noses and dental structure. Move over, Pris and Pecan.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

My experience with fundie live streams is that they often become videos you can watch later. I will recap though.

• Thank You 4

9 hours ago, petrushka said:

Might just be me, but I see another example here of a fundie couple who look fairly alike, at least they have similar noses and dental structure. Move over, Pris and Pecan.

There are a lot of fundie couples who look a lot alike. Examples: Josiah/Mariah Thomas, Genevieve Jackson and her husband, Pris/Pecan, and there are some others that people have said look similar. Maybe not a perfect match, but similar. Like John David and Abbie or Nathan and Nurie. 

• Upvote 1

I'm watching the livestream. It's seems like a small wedding, although I hadn't realized the families have yet to walk in. 

They switched piano players. "And finally we will see Julianna walk down the aisle in a white dress." The couple deliberately picked the hymn she's walking down the aisle to. The white symbolizes purity and the dress symbolizes the robe of righteous. We're getting a whole sermon on her walking down the aisle to a favorite hymn. 

Bridesmaid dresses are floor-length with 3/4 sleeves and blue. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

The singing hurts...  I'm not familiar with this song, something about mom and dad we love you, you are great etc.

EDITED This was in reference to the bride and groom singing, not the hymn they just started.

Edited by Kylolo
  • Upvote 2

James is a one-woman man.... James has kept his physical body and his romantic affections for the one woman that he has vowed to make his wife. .............. [there was more I didn't get] Julianna has done the same. 

The fathers both spoke. The quotes above I think are from James's father. Julianna's father claimed something about marriage is not held in esteem as much these days, but then left it at that. Compared to Marlin Bontrager, it's very elegant.

Now that the Staddon and Bennett children are going to sing a song called "We Love You" to thank their parents for a Godly legacy and raising them. It's very sweet and also mentions how much the family loves each other. Except for the God parts, it's a song that would fit a wedding happening on Barney (dinosaur). 

3 minutes ago, Kylolo said:

The singing hurts...  I'm not familiar with this song, something about mom and dad we love you, you are great etc.

EDITED This was in reference to the bride and groom singing, not the hymn they just started.

I think they wrote it themselves. 

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 3

I wonder who the seated bridesmaid is? It's very difficult to identify all the family with the video camera being long range!!

Elizabeth had the head covering, so we know she is a bridesmaid

Edited by Sops2
  • Upvote 2

This wedding is happening a few towns over from where I live. This is the closest I’ve gotten to a fundie wedding that I know of. 

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think they wrote it themselves. 

Ah, this makes sense.  If they said that, I missed it (I'm at work so sometimes I have to actually work).

• Upvote 2

The person at the end complaining about having to speak over the music. "I mean, it's beautiful music..." 

I was expecting a larger turnout for this wedding.  Then again, neither family is really fundie royalty.  James and Julianna are probably well matched and not likely to have a huge quiver which is good.  I don't know if his photography could support 8 or more kids.

Wouldn't surprise me if there was another Bennett-Staddon wedding down the road.  Maybe Donald will find a bride among the remaining Bennett sisters? Especially now that Sarah Maxwell appears to be taken.

• Upvote 3

A small family wedding, with a reception in the church hall-

Donald was paired with Elizabeth, the second eldest in the Bennett family. ( fingers crossed !)

20220819_204519.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:

I wonder who the seated bridesmaid is? It's very difficult to identify all the family with the video camera being long range!!

Elizabeth had the head covering, so we know she is a bridesmaid

That's usually a sure sign of pregnancy in a bridesmaid.  That could be Kendalyn Staddon, Kathryn (Neely) Staddon, Elizabeth Staddon, the bride's sister Kathryn, or her sister in law N'gella Bennett.  I couldn't really tell, but all of the above were in the wedding party.

• Thank You 4

On the way back down the aisle, James tripped on her dress and they both had a good laugh. At least they aren’t a terrible serious couple! I’m glad they can laugh at themselves. That’s needed in marriage.

• Upvote 9

Do we know who was the bestman? I'm thinking Jonathan because he's been traveling a lot with James.

There's a wedding photo of James and Julianna on tumgir, but no source is given.

Bearing in mind the recent Maxwell wedding, what do you do in these circumstances? Err on the side of caution in case it is from a private source?

Anyway, google "James Staddon and Julianna Bennett wedding" and you can find it in the images

Edited by Sops2
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Thankfully Kathryn is not looking heavily pregnant. I still don’t think we know that little guy’s name. It’s probably a J name since the older ones are Jason and Jubilee. My guess is Jacob. 

05F113A8-DFE3-4C4B-B37C-48C3764D90BB.jpeg

• Upvote 1

I think it's Joshua Patrick, born April 2021-according to this rather odd site tumgir that pops up during my browsings.

Lydia Bennett is subbing for James while he is away on honeymoon. This weeks Lenspiration blog has a wedding photo of the Happy Couple

20220826_234407.jpg

• Thank You 3

52 minutes ago, Sops2 said:

I think it's Joshua Patrick, born April 2021-according to this rather odd site tumgir that pops up during my browsings.

Lydia Bennett is subbing for James while he is away on honeymoon. This weeks Lenspiration blog has a wedding photo of the Happy Couple

20220826_234407.jpg

Joshua would be a surprising choice since Robert Staddon has a son named Joshua. There aren’t a ton of Staddon grandchildren so you wouldn’t think cousin names would overlap. 

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

@Bethella One thing James said during the wedding is that both he and Julianna are born in March. 

So they really have a lot in common, just like Jonathan and Kaylee

• Haha 7