IGNORED

Jinger 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand

AussieKrissy
1 hour ago, marmalade said:

That's not until May. I suspect we'll see pictures before then. They've been awfully quiet of late. Covid?

Any normal family I would say exhaustion but them... I just hope the baby is ok and  It’s just exhaustion. Prehaps if this baby is a turd of a baby they may be turned off any future babies. I am blessed. I had a great baby. So easy to settle. Good sleeper. I didn’t get anymore but I was praying for another one like her but I wondered about my chances. 

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Idlewild

• AussieKrissy

• marmalade

• Bluebirdbluebell

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SOTDRT strikes again...

I actually saw a bit of (I can't find the right word so ill say) "hesitation" from Diana when she was talking about what she was doing with the present for Felicity to give the baby. It was like she d

For the moment I don’t see Jinger developing any thoughts that aren’t pre approved by Jeremy. 

Posted Images

Idlewild

They had pictures from wherever they went to for Christmas & they’ve pushed their podcast a bit. Given Jeremy’s maskless church attendance Covid is a real possibility- I hope Jinger & the children are OK .

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
Joe Pukepail
12 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

With a population of 1. Debatable as to whether it's really a town or a person trying to capitalize on the name.

Wasn't naming the town some kind of publicity stunt? I have a dim memory of a town trying to be the last entry in Rand McNally or something.

• I Agree 1
Not that josh's mom
7 hours ago, Idlewild said:

They had pictures from wherever they went to for Christmas & they’ve pushed their podcast a bit. Given Jeremy’s maskless church attendance Covid is a real possibility- I hope Jinger & the children are OK .

I expected to see tons of pictures of both little girls. Not just their backs or the baby wrapped in a blanket. We've really only seen the baby's face a very few times. And not many more of Lissy. Most of the other Duggars share too many pictures, so it seems odd.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
Jlurker

SOTDR strikes again. Jinger posted a happy bd message on Instagram for Jana and JD. Referred to Gracie as his “prodigy”. I bet she meant “progeny”. Unless Gracie is a genius?  Either way, Jinge continues to be extra.  

Edited by Jlurker
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 17
finnlassie

Fun fact!!! I did not know St Lucia was an Italian thing until I got to know a Lucia from the States and she got the name due to having an Italian family (and her mum loving St Lucia!). Was a wild ride to learn that at 25 - St Lucia over here in Finland is seen as a Swedish tradition, so I guess it only made sense for me to not question otherwise. Here Lucia is pronounced Lu-see-a or Luu-ssia likely depending on werther you're a Fennoswede or regular Finnish.

• Upvote 5
janey
7 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I expected to see tons of pictures of both little girls. Not just their backs or the baby wrapped in a blanket. We've really only seen the baby's face a very few times. And not many more of Lissy. Most of the other Duggars share too many pictures, so it seems odd.

And no Christmas photo?

• Upvote 1
AmericanRose

Eh. The past few months or so, Jinger's Instagram has seemed more like an advertisement for their podcast than a glimspe into their life.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
Flossie
15 hours ago, finnlassie said:

Fun fact!!! I did not know St Lucia was an Italian thing until I got to know a Lucia from the States and she got the name due to having an Italian family (and her mum loving St Lucia!). Was a wild ride to learn that at 25 - St Lucia over here in Finland is seen as a Swedish tradition, so I guess it only made sense for me to not question otherwise. Here Lucia is pronounced Lu-see-a or Luu-ssia likely depending on werther you're a Fennoswede or regular Finnish.

I only thought of Lucia being an Italian name because as a kid I watched a Hogan's Heroes episode where the gang cooked up a pizza and sang Santa Lucia to entice an Italian Major to skip defecting to Sweden and become a spy for the Allies instead.

• Upvote 1
AussieKrissy
2 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

SOTDRT strikes again...

C8B2B364-C6FB-4A8B-91A5-D5A293479D2A.jpeg

I’m glad you have a screen shot. I bet this gets changed soon... fucking idiot. 

• Upvote 6
finnlassie

I just saw that and went full... Jesus no no no no no......

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
CarrotCake

Did they get a geisha look in China? Or did they actually travel to Japan and Jinger thinks its China?

• Upvote 2
VBOY9977
47 minutes ago, CarrotCake said:

Did they get a geisha look in China? Or did they actually travel to Japan and Jinger thinks its China?

This was in Kyoto, Japan

• Thank You 7
QuiverFullofBooks
2 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

They went to both on the same trip, so she probably mixed up where the photo was taken. Of course at the time we observed that their homeschooling didn’t take advantage of this trip to learn anything about Asia. No doubt they didn’t want anyone learning about geishas anyway.

• Upvote 11
finnlassie

I wonder what Jeremy's reaction is gonna be/was as he saw that... because I bet my ass he has to have cringed at least a little

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
VBOY9977

Jill should’ve covered the China part 🙈

Spoiler

FA719CD4-A3A5-4A0A-A9E1-87B426181092.thumb.jpeg.fe775572a9581ef57a789f36455f4264.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 5
AprilQuilt

I absolutely hate how icked out Jinger was in particular - but some of the others too - by the concept of dressing up in another culture's clothing. And how comfortable they all were in expressing it. The amount of sarcastic/mocking eye rolling/eyebrow raising/looks to camera was really unbecoming. It's so rude.

I'm going to be really charitable and say that teen girls are self-conscious, Jinger clearly has self-esteem issues, is very careful about the way she presents herself, and maybe this lack of control triggered a lot of anxiety for her. But it's so revealing how they treat other ways of life as a sort of distasteful joke. 'Unfamiliar to me' = 'weird' = 'I don't have to show it any respect'.

Apart from anything else I felt bad for the women who worked very hard to do their makeover, I assume their business generally caters to tourists so they must get all sorts of responses, but it's really rude to be mugging away like that at the efforts of a professional. In my wildest dreams, one or two of them feel a flicker of embarrassment over their behaviour now.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
Bobology

Maybe she left "China" there on purpose. Together with her added caption it might be saying a lot... or nothing at all. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1
viii

I have clearly forgotten they did this because when I saw this screenshot, I gasped. 

• Upvote 3
Idlewild

If you look at the instastory she’s shown her ‘surprise’ proposal photo shoot ( without the marks on the floor telling them where to stand) and you see how far Jinger has come appearance wise in a few years- the awful frumpy green outfit she had on then wouldn’t find closet room now. There’s also a picture of Jeremy in front of the cameras and he looks totally pleased with himself. He was always so into the TV stuff.

I’m in 2 minds about the Japanese dressing up thing - on the one hand they do appear to be being very rude and ignorant towards another culture, but part of me thinks this is a ridiculous stunt by TLC and JB and M used those kids like performing animals in a circus so they could have a TV show.

• Upvote 9
Kelsey
2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Hide contents

FA719CD4-A3A5-4A0A-A9E1-87B426181092.thumb.jpeg.fe775572a9581ef57a789f36455f4264.jpeg

Jilly Muffin out here throwing some shade to dumbass Jinge.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 2
  • Love 3
AprilQuilt
2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I’m in 2 minds about the Japanese dressing up thing - on the one hand they do appear to be being very rude and ignorant towards another culture, but part of me thinks this is a ridiculous stunt by TLC and JB and M used those kids like performing animals in a circus so they could have a TV show.

Oh, I fully agree. They clearly don't want to do it, and it's worse than kids on holiday just cringing at the stuff their parents make them do because a) it's for TV and b) the whole trip is likely dependent on them giving a bunch of companies/locations 'exposure' whether they like it or not. I don't know if any resentful, embarrassed teen in such a situation would have behaved with better grace, but Michelle and Anna weren't modelling  anything more positive. Their ignorance, superiority and closed-mindedness totally prevented them from getting the most out of that whole trip.

• Upvote 6
finnlassie
7 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I have to admit that I cracked up when I saw Jill's story post!

AussieKrissy

I would be so honoured and excited to be offered the opportunity to be able to do that Geisha experience. 

Ignorant spoilt fundies 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3