IGNORED

Jinger 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand

onekidanddone
23 hours ago, marmalade said:

Evy Jo's birth episode.

How is it they can be filmed with the pandemic and all the restrictions in California?

• Upvote 4
  • Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Idlewild

• AussieKrissy

• marmalade

• SassyPants

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the piece that infuriates me most about the buddy system. No teen sister should have to sacrifice her own sleep because her mom can't stop having babies. I absolutely hated night feedings, but

It’s humbling to hear that Jeremy says ‘we’re human beings, we have the exact same problems you have’. Who the hell do they think they are?!  How reassuring for us plebs that the failed footballer t

“Because we’re so in the public eye … [suitors would come] with the wrong intentions of like, ‘Oh, I want to be on TV,’” Jinger said.   Lol, Jinger. Have you actually met Jeremy fame-whore V

Posted Images

BullyJBG
11 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

How is it they can be filmed with the pandemic and all the restrictions in California?

Yes, that'd be over the regulations where I am. One of them would be ok to look after Felicity while Jinger and Jeremy go to the hospital, Every time I saw anyone hugging it was cringe-y. Yet Evangeline is 1 month tomorrow and no word of any of them catching Covid........I guess just wait and see.

• Upvote 3
Idlewild

I doubt you’ll hear about any Duggar getting COVID - possibly only Jill would admit to it.

After a few efforts of pretending to observe precautions just for TLC purposes it has become clear that most of the Duggars don’t give a shit and have carried on travelling, attending large multi household gatherings and only wearing masks when made to or they know they are being filmed. If any of them have been ill or become ill they will keep very quiet about it as they follow the Trump line that it isn’t serious and not worth disrupting their lives over. 
They are past masters at lying and covering stuff up in that family.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1
AussieKrissy
On 12/21/2020 at 12:35 AM, AprilQuilt said:

god, you can tell which grandmother has 19 grandkids and which only has two. Diana has given so much thought  and care to how Felicity might feel. It is very cute and grandmother-ish that she rushed out to buy decorations and presents not only to celebrate the baby, but to help involve Felicity and make this experience really positive for her. She's obviously bursting with excitement. I've never seen Michelle consider anything like that.

I actually saw a bit of (I can't find the right word so ill say) "hesitation" from Diana when she was talking about what she was doing with the present for Felicity to give the baby. It was like she didn't want to put Mechelle on show as being not a thoughtful grandmother. I didn't get the impression Diana was judging Mechelle, more aware that it could be perceived that she was doing something Mechelle had not thought of and or was a bit concerned that she may be overstepping her bounds (again I can't think of a better phrase, I don't mean it that strongly, though) or should have maybe included her in the plan. I think it was quite respectful of Diana that she was aware of the awkwardness. Mechelle was oblivious until there was a bit of an awkward pause where it hung in the air that only one grandmother gave a shit.
Diana sees felicity and Evy as themselves and to be celebrated and Mechelle sees them as one of many and the many can be celebrated. 

Sorry I am not the most articulate 

• Upvote 31
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1
Idlewild

Babe has posted a birthday tribute to Jinger on Instagram where most of her face is obscured by the glare of the sun but he is fully in focus. He is as vain AF.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 7
AprilQuilt
14 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I actually saw a bit of (I can't find the right word so ill say) "hesitation" from Diana when she was talking about what she was doing with the present for Felicity to give the baby. It was like she didn't want to put Mechelle on show as being not a thoughtful grandmother. I didn't get the impression Diana was judging Mechelle, more aware that it could be perceived that she was doing something Mechelle had not thought of and or was a bit concerned that she may be overstepping her bounds (again I can't think of a better phrase, I don't mean it that strongly, though) or should have maybe included her in the plan. I think it was quite respectful of Diana that she was aware of the awkwardness. Mechelle was oblivious until there was a bit of an awkward pause where it hung in the air that only one grandmother gave a shit.
Diana sees felicity and Evy as themselves and to be celebrated and Mechelle sees them as one of many and the many can be celebrated. 

Sorry I am not the most articulate 

I'm glad those kids will have one set of grandparents who really treasure them for who they are, rather than racking up the numbers.

I noticed that hesitation too - I agree. She might also have been conscious of overstepping with Jinger and Jeremy, and not wanting to be a mother-in-law who takes over.  I know my child's two grandmothers are both quite considerate of what we might want as parents but can't always restrain themselves. It's a hard line to walk, wanting to fuss over the grandkids but not wishing to step on the parents'/other grandparents' toes. Luckily Diana won't have a whole lot to worry about with Michelle.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
AussieKrissy
7 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

I'm glad those kids will have one set of grandparents who really treasure them for who they are, rather than racking up the numbers.

I noticed that hesitation too - I agree. She might also have been conscious of overstepping with Jinger and Jeremy, and not wanting to be a mother-in-law who takes over.  I know my child's two grandmothers are both quite considerate of what we might want as parents but can't always restrain themselves. It's a hard line to walk, wanting to fuss over the grandkids but not wishing to step on the parents'/other grandparents' toes. Luckily Diana won't have a whole lot to worry about with Michelle.

Actually I didn't think of the overstepping of the parents but I do think you are right on the money. How considerate of her. 

• Upvote 3
ihaveanexamintwodays

My absolute favorite part of that whole birth-episode was Felicity goin "BABY! BABY JOEY!" which will forever be Evangeline's name to me now ❤️

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1
PennySycamore

Late with this, but Daily Kos had a story in the last week about there being a huge COVID outbreak at The Master's Seminary.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 12
patsymae
On 12/16/2020 at 9:41 PM, Intothewind said:

Lol, I actually think of her as Evangelize, or Evangelica, in my head. 

I love Evangelica!

Bluebirdbluebell

So @TheGleeTeam just posted that Jeremy posted something wishing everyone except California Governor Gavin Newsom "Merry Christmas".  Jeremy, your state just hit over 2 million cases! He has to do something people are dying! What in God's name do you think is so Christian about hating on someone trying to prevent preventable death? Taking precautions to help others seems Christian to me! Jeremy, go f**k off with the Anti-Christian bullshit!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 4
OrchidBlossom
1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So @TheGleeTeam just posted that Jeremy posted something wishing everyone except California Governor Gavin Newsom "Merry Christmas".  Jeremy, your state just hit over 2 million cases! He has to do something people are dying! What in God's name do you think is so Christian about hating on someone trying to prevent preventable death? Taking precautions to help others seems Christian to me! Jeremy, go f**k off with the Anti-Christian bullshit!

Jeremy posted this where?

TheGleeTeam
4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Apparently this was on his insta stories: tumblr link. (Can you tell I use tumblr to keep up with fundie stupidity on social media? ha). What an a-hole. ICU capacity is so low in Southern California right now that it honestly makes me afraid (I'm not in LA but elsewhere in the region). Right-wing people around here LOVE to bitch about the governor and blame everything on him. My Nextdoor page is so full of RECALL NEWSOM RALLY TONIGHT crap. Especially considering Jeremy was photographed maskless indoors at his megachurch recently which I believe is against state mandate and probably the county as well. I'm so frustrated with selfish people endangering others. I work in healthcare and the surge planning my hospital is doing freaks me the f out.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 8
marmalade
29 minutes ago, TheGleeTeam said:

Apparently this was on his insta stories: tumblr link. (Can you tell I use tumblr to keep up with fundie stupidity on social media? ha). What an a-hole. ICU capacity is so low in Southern California right now that it honestly makes me afraid (I'm not in LA but elsewhere in the region). Right-wing people around here LOVE to bitch about the governor and blame everything on him. My Nextdoor page is so full of RECALL NEWSOM RALLY TONIGHT crap. Especially considering Jeremy was photographed maskless indoors at his megachurch recently which I believe is against state mandate and probably the county as well. I'm so frustrated with selfish people endangering others. I work in healthcare and the surge planning my hospital is doing freaks me the f out.

Can you do a screenshot? That link requires a Tumblr account to view.

• Upvote 2
AussieKrissy
9 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

So much for Preaching on the show how you are following orders (to look the part) while otherwise publicly condemning them. Hypocritical twat waffle. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1
TheGleeTeam
10 hours ago, marmalade said:

Can you do a screenshot? That link requires a Tumblr account to view.

Oh sorry! Screenshot under spoiler. There was also a pic about supporting small businesses like their Hope & Stead thing in the same stories, evidently. 

Spoiler

733198541_ScreenShot2020-12-26at10_22_27AM.png.0599fcd4da8c730e7de1e4e2e21bcdaf.png

• Thank You 5
VanillaBean

My daughter has a classmate named Evangeline. She goes by Vang. Pronounced like vag but with an n. What were her parents thinking? I think Evangeline is a lovely name, but yes, shorten it to Evy or Lena. Not Vang.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 3
nausicaa
2 hours ago, VanillaBean said:

My daughter has a classmate named Evangeline. She goes by Vang. Pronounced like vag but with an n. What were her parents thinking? I think Evangeline is a lovely name, but yes, shorten it to Evy or Lena. Not Vang.

So her nickname is a cross between "fang" and common slang for a vagina? Well, I guess Boy Name Sueing your daughter is one way to toughen her up. 

(I go by a nickname that was red meat for bullies in school, so I'm a giant hypocrite with this post. But still...Vang?)

• Upvote 2
PennySycamore

When I hear the word "vang" I think of a boom vang on a sailboat.  The vang helps keep the boom down which increases the area of the mainsail  which is particularly useful when sailing downwind.  It may be a tackle vang (blocks and line), a lever vang, or a piston vang which are more common on larger sailboats. 

• Love 2
HereticHick

Where are Jeremy and Jinger right now? They didn't go to Arkansas for Christmas, did they?

• Upvote 1
Idlewild

They’re somewhere snowy! They are being coy about where they actually are. I would have though with a newborn they’d stay put.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
HereticHick
55 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

They’re somewhere snowy! They are being coy about where they actually are. I would have though with a newborn they’d stay put.

They mentioned that the dog in the picture belongs to a friend.  And Pennsy folks, do you have that amount of snow right now?

They guy who took the pic of Jeremy in the snow posted a pic from Yosemite Natl Park 2 days ago: https://www.instagram.com/mattcoeler/?hl=en Matt is apparently a Masters Seminary alum with lots of $$. I bet they are at a vacation home.

• Upvote 1
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic