IGNORED

Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand

samurai_sarah

And what expertise do they bring to the table? They’ve no training, they’ve never worked in a restaurant, I think Jeremy was briefly overseas but strikes me as the sort that probably stuck to American food. Jinger likes to bake and comes from a family famous for its tater tot casserole.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Does FJ have a dumpster fire emoji? Cuz that pretty much describes their money making strategy right about now...ooooh, I found it!

Spoiler

Fire Garbage GIF

Edited by dawbs
putting animation behind spoiler
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

And what expertise do they bring to the table? They’ve no training, they’ve never worked in a restaurant, I think Jeremy was briefly overseas but strikes me as the sort that probably stuck to American food. Jinger likes to bake and comes from a family famous for its tater tot casserole.

How I imagine a JinJer cooking show: calling food the wrong name (fettuccini alfredo with spaghetti anyone?) while Jeremy poses open mouthed next to it.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

How I imagine a JinJer cooking show: calling food the wrong name (fettuccini alfredo with spaghetti anyone?) while Jeremy poses open mouthed next to it.

And a series of cookery themed merchandise - possibly with the ‘hope and stead’ logo scrubbed out with a sharpie.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 13

Breaking Bread with The Vuolos 

Christ-Centered Cooking For Your Sweet Precious Family

Prayerful Preparations

Home Cooking While Home Schooling

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 24

I spit my tea looking at this but I have the mind of a 12yo ?. Nobody thought this might not have been the best picture to use?

Screenshot_20210330-221121_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 28
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, Bobology said:

Breaking Bread with The Vuolos 

Christ-Centered Cooking For Your Sweet Precious Family

Prayerful Preparations

Home Cooking While Home Schooling

Buttering Bread whilst wearing cufflinks

Popovers and Pretention

Brisket and Biblical Heuristics

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • Love 2

On 3/28/2021 at 7:50 AM, xlurker said:

I'm from Jersey, moved away years ago. I still say I'm from Central Jersey. I'm now in upstate NY.  Which is north of Albany, and east of Syracuse.  Syracuse is central, and anything south of Albany just isn't upstate. Lol. But central Jersey IS a thing!

Central Jersey is indeed a thing. As is pork roll lol. But upstate is everything north of Westchester :)

23 hours ago, TuringMachine said:

I believe Jinger once put in a couple of hours at a Starbucks or similar with one of her sisters, and JB looking on to make sure no inappropriate contact with males occurred. In Duggarworld I'm sure that counts as retail experience. Like Jana the concert pianist, Josh the graphic designer/lobbyist, Jill the midwife,  David W putting MS Word as a skill on his LinkedIn page and Jchelle being Mother of the Year.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Chewing Gum said:

I spit my tea looking at this but I have the mind of a 12yo ?. Nobody thought this might not have been the best picture to use?

At least the candles aren’t beeswax... ?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Chewing Gum said:

OK, I'm obviously too old to live. What am I missing here?

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2

48 minutes ago, patsymae said:

OK, I'm obviously too old to live. What am I missing here?

Look where her hand is, the position of what it's squeezing, and what's coming out.

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

13 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

Look where her hand is, the position of what it's squeezing, and what's coming out.

And the redness of Jeremy’s face. Make room in the prayer closet for me please. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

They're starting a cooking blog....with prepackaged icing? No judgement on the icing in general, I buy the same stuff sometimes but I don't pretend to have a cooking show either. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

8 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

They're starting a cooking blog....with prepackaged icing? No judgement on the icing in general, I buy the same stuff sometimes but I don't pretend to have a cooking show either. 

Why half ass something when you can quarter ass it?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 30
  • Love 2

Icing is the easiest thing to make. A tablespoon or two of cream, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, then just keep adding powdered sugar until it's the right thickness. Add more cream if it gets too thick. Worst case you end up with more icing than you intended and just have to make more cookies. I usually don't even measure. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Icing is the easiest thing to make. A tablespoon or two of cream, 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla, then just keep adding powdered sugar until it's the right thickness. Add more cream if it gets too thick. Worst case you end up with more icing than you intended and just have to make more cookies. I usually don't even measure. 

Icing between Graham crackers was a treat when I was a kid. Even between saltines! Great memory. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

On 3/25/2021 at 6:09 PM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

The two adults I know who had a forehead mark as babies (I always heard them called stork bites) don't have a visible mark anymore, but when they were young (2 to 8 ish?), theirs would show when they were hot, especially when they had a red face from crying. 

We call that a "Temper Mark." Ha!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

So it looks like Jinger was in the bridal party at the Jedding but not Jerm, based on their outfits. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNQAdFZDNGV/?igshid=pbxjo62s9h0l

I actually like the dress. That is such a contrived smile. She must have been so over it. 
edit to add were the Caldwell girls in the bridal party too.... similar style dresses different colours. This is their Easter post. Prehaps they are just reusing old bridesmaid dresses or just happen to match. Awful modesty panels again. 

18CD572E-AA9A-404D-B8C4-1CA307A3EB1F.png

Edited by AussieKrissy
Photo
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Looking at the dress I'm not sure Kendra was in the wedding party, but Lauren's dress looks similar to Jinger's in a different color.

The Caldwells really are obsessed with the modesty panel! I don't think I have seen them without one (always very obvious) if not with already super modest dress 

• Upvote 6

Lauren and Kendra look like they’re wearing the same dress, just in different colours. The sleeves are different but Kendra’s might just be tighter. 

• Upvote 2

Not in a beige or fleshtone, even though it would serve the purpose and look better, but doesn't scream modest loud enough! Gahhhh, nothing modest in seeking attention!

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Who is this with Esther? By the style of her dress looks like one of the bridesmaids.

Looks like Lauren’s dress.

0DDE9EC7-5D44-4468-96AB-67B77E338022.png

Edited by justmy2cents
  • Upvote 2

54 minutes ago, viii said:

Lauren and Kendra look like they’re wearing the same dress, just in different colours. The sleeves are different but Kendra’s might just be tighter. 

The sleeves are different, Lauren’s look a lot longer.

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic