IGNORED

Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand

samurai_sarah

9 hours ago, clueliss said:

I've heard the term "stork bite" - essentially a red birthmark on the face.  I actually (still) have one (at 57) that is very faint between my eyes on the forehead. 

Angel kisses are on the forehead where the “Angel Kisses” you good bye as she/he leaves you for your parents and stork kisses are those on the back of your neck where the “stork” drops you off to your parents. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

My son had both an angel kiss and a stork bite when he was born . I wouldn’t have known they were called that if the pediatrician didn’t use those terms . Both faded with time .

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

My eldest has the stork bite at the nape of her neck, shes 24 and its never faded

The midwife did tell me That the Angel ones fade out to gone at about 18 months. And the stork ones up to five years or never. 

• Upvote 3

Swedes call both these marks stork bites. Perhaps we just have meaner storks that attack babies blindly. One of my nieces has one on her forehead that may still show itself when she is hot even as an adult but you cannot see it most of the time.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14

My sister has a dimple on her lower back that my mom always called a stork bite.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

My eldest has the stork bite at the nape of her neck, shes 24 and its never faded

My mom still has hers at 85-

• Upvote 1
  • Love 4

On 3/24/2021 at 6:33 AM, elliha said:

One of my nieces has one on her forehead that may still show itself when she is hot even as an adult but you cannot see it most of the time.

The two adults I know who had a forehead mark as babies (I always heard them called stork bites) don't have a visible mark anymore, but when they were young (2 to 8 ish?), theirs would show when they were hot, especially when they had a red face from crying. 

Mine line up with the wrinkles between my eyes on my forehead and make them look deeper.  I have similar, more visible marks on either side of my nose (in the crease around my nostrils)

• Upvote 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:55 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

Within NJ, you may have a debate if Central Jersey exists

I'm from Jersey, moved away years ago. I still say I'm from Central Jersey. I'm now in upstate NY.  Which is north of Albany, and east of Syracuse.  Syracuse is central, and anything south of Albany just isn't upstate. Lol. But central Jersey IS a thing!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

The Hope and Stead website seems to have shut down.

https://hopeandstead.com

They gave up on that even quicker than I expected! 

Someone on Pickles was rumour-mongering that there are marital problems, but no source. Personally I suspect postnatal depression for one of the two of them - note, this is riding the ISB only, not internet diagnosing or whatever. Just a feeling, having suffered seriously with it myself. 

• Upvote 17

They’re also giving up on their podcast it seems. Their podcast ig page now looks like this: 

If you click on the link in the bio it will still take you to the website about the podcast, but the ig looks totally different.

Spoiler

43A6DB2D-06CA-44C8-938C-2E9553B10C42.thumb.jpeg.c21385e31fc0beabd62144f660d96c2b.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 3

I think they did allude to the fact the podcasts were a limited series but I took that to be false modesty ‘it was only meant to be a few episodes but shucks, you have made it so popular we’re not stopping’ type of thing.

The merchandise one is harder to fathom. Either it didn’t take off as well as they hoped and they weren’t turning a profit ( especially since they were shamed into donating some to good causes) or it was envisaged Jinger would manage it while Jeremy studied/posed/ate take outs and the reality of running a fledgling company with no business education or skills and 2 small children to care for became too much. 
I doubt there are marital problems but I’m sure they’ll enjoy the speculation as they seek out publicity for their upcoming book.

One thought I have had as a result of something said on another Duggar thread- there’s an upcoming episode of CO this week which seems to be a m mash up of old and newish stuff, but no further episodes. I wonder if TLC are looking to move them to occasional specials with a catch up, mainly streamed on Discovery+ , and the gravy train isn’t stopping as regularly as it once did.

5 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Some people are thinking theyre doing cooking related things? based on the photo

‘Jeremy gets paid to scoff take out meals while Jinger looks on adoringly’. Wouldn’t be a winner in this house but I expect the humpers would lap it up !

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

I've heard they are "Break-Out STARS!!" so really... do they NEED anything else going on?

Maybe they could become pilots? 

• Haha 33
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Maybe they could become pilots? 

Good call, this family could do with a pilot. It's so weird that they don't have one yet!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 17

They posted a couple church photo today. So weird with the no kids thing. Social media is maki g them look childless. If they are trying to drumming up interest in what is goi g on. It’s kind of working on me. It’s weird. Not weird that they are doing it. Kids deserve privacy. But weird they are not addressing why they have stopped. 

• Upvote 12

I definitely think post-partum could be a possibility. But also I think they're discovering they're in an entirely different culture out here, one that absolutely won't worship them. Yes, the church is full of people who share their abominable beliefs but even those people aren't going to get starry-eyed when Jeremy and Jinger are around. Celebrities are everywhere, and these two are extremely small potatoes, culturally and personality-wise. I think they had dreams of adoring crowds hanging on their every word and reality is a big cold slap in the face.

• Upvote 20

On 3/28/2021 at 6:13 PM, candygirl200413 said:

Some people are thinking theyre doing cooking related things? based on the photo

It looks like it! They've updated their HopeWeHold instagram and say there are forthcoming announcements.

• Thank You 2

Wonder how they will be able to a cooking show? All Jeremy does is show us photos of food he takes out. Is he learning to butter bread? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic