IGNORED

Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand

samurai_sarah

I sincerely hope both children are happy and healthy but it’s hard not to be cynical with this pair. Maybe money is drying up if their commercial efforts aren’t going well and no money from JB until the new series starts. They have subsidised accommodation and some endorsement but they also have expensive tastes. I still predict an exclusive magazine interview when the book is launched.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Can we not speculate that something is wrong with a child just because fame whore parents aren’t acting in the way we, the public, are used to them acting.  No issue with dissecting the unusual behavior of JinJer but can we leave children out of it?  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Can we not speculate that something is wrong with a child just because fame whore parents aren’t acting in the way we, the public, are used to them acting.  No issue with dissecting the unusual behavior of JinJer but can we leave children out of it?  

Well said.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

They're just saving their kids' faces for the highest bidder, creating mystery so they can get a higher payoff next time the "paparazzi" captures the girls' faces. Yall forget these two call the paparazzi on themselves. I doubt there is any deeper reason than $.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

When Felicity was a newborn they left her scratch mitts on in almost every picture and so many people were ‘concerned’ that there was something wrong with her hands because they were covered. I suspect there’s nothing going on but a game of hide and seek. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

When Felicity was a newborn they left her scratch mitts on in almost every picture and so many people were ‘concerned’ that there was something wrong with her hands because they were covered. I suspect there’s nothing going on but a game of hide and seek. 

I kept baby mitts on my older child’s hands for the first few months of his life because he had skin issues that made him scratch himself all the time. Yet people commented on his mitts saying he would never learn to use his hands. I just wanted to tell everyone to shut the fuck up. People make a big deal out of really small things when it comes to babies. It drives me nuts. And he is now great with his hands. So they were all wrong. 

• Upvote 15
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 3

I am intrigued by the Hope and Stead thing though . Looking on their Instagram there’s some awkward questions about where the goods are made, a couple of complaints about quality & now no shipping until March 26.

Maybe running the business with a newborn and a toddler was too much to take on. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

Seeing my 2021 predictions about their podcast and store failing come true fills my heart with joy.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 23

Wasn’t their podcast like the number one religious one there for a bit? Maybe just the once then people realised it was shit and didn’t come back for it. Hope and stead is a shit name. That ain’t gunna sell anything to anyone but duggar humpers. Girl needs a tikky chic to buy all her stuff and said her freebies. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

20 hours ago, Jrodseyeliner said:

I watched the update age man it was boring and mundane. 

they call the baby Jo? And when they say Evie Jo, it is pronounced like heavy... 

They called her Baby Jo in the TLC video.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

If you look at the ratings, after the first few weeks, the highest rated episodes were the ones with Jinger's family on them. Someone broke it down, but the highest rated episodes were the ones with the Seewalds (Ben and Jessa), Michelle, etc. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

I honestly think these two have a problem putting the work in to sustain a successful business. Anyone who launches a podcast or a retail business knows that it’s hard work- any initial interest needs to be worked at to create a success. They are used to being given stuff because of who they are; Jinger was part of a successful show made by others, Jeremy was a partial success at football under the direction of others and pastor of a tiny church that he gave up on when fame beckoned.

Jinger now has the reality of being a mother- 2 small children and no outside help- rather than her parents version of it. I think they’ll stick to paid endorsements in the future and keep angling for a spin off show.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 7

They’ve been hitting the Los Angeles theme pretty hard lately.  Do you think they have moved out of the fancy house owned by the seminary?

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I honestly think these two have a problem putting the work in to sustain a successful business.

I think this is the crux of the whole issue: they’re focused on making money now vs. putting in the work to generate a stable, long-term income stream.  It was obvious to most of us that they put little thought and effort into their ridiculous store and the podcast. The ‘easy button’ was always available to them until now. I expected a little more from Jerms, tho, since he does have an undergrad degree in business. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 11

I’ve always wondered what idea of “working” that the Duggar kids developed from watching their parents. And as someone above mentioned, the big question is the notion of sustainability. ITRW and for almost everyone, in order to survive, one needs to have a life long, sustained work ethic. A 2 month podcast, a church ministry of 20 people for 2 years or shilling hats on the www is not likely to support a family of 4, especially when the parents like the finer things in life. Not many families are going to thrive and support many, many families with multiple children (and counting) by having a TV show. It seems that D Dillard and Austin are the only family members who understand that skills and a work ethic are required to support a family. Jeremy is not there yet. He seems to be very opportunistic. Collectively, the G2 generation seem to believe that making money for merely living their lives is a golden ticket to easy street.

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 4

On 3/15/2021 at 3:37 AM, Idlewild said:

I honestly think these two have a problem putting the work in to sustain a successful business. Anyone who launches a podcast or a retail business knows that it’s hard work- any initial interest needs to be worked at to create a success. They are used to being given stuff because of who they are; Jinger was part of a successful show made by others, Jeremy was a partial success at football under the direction of others and pastor of a tiny church that he gave up on when fame beckoned.

Jinger now has the reality of being a mother- 2 small children and no outside help- rather than her parents version of it. I think they’ll stick to paid endorsements in the future and keep angling for a spin off show.

They should have asked advice from the Bates Sister Boutique.

I know most of the Bates clothes are probably bought cheap and wholesale from China and then resold, but at least their little business is still going and rolling.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

I follow a number of vloggers (I may need a life) on YouTube.  Some of them have 'Merch' and here's what I see:

This is How We Bingham (LDS) - over 1m followers now.  They have a separate website with a blog, instagram, Mindy has her own channel (Mendy's Best) and they have a Merch Store.  With their own logo.  They pick their products, they have the products in a room in their basement.  And she spends quite a bit of time (with help from the kids and friends at times) processing orders and shipping.  (Translation - rather hands on).

The Frey Life (Peter and Mary Frey - she has CF, they are Christian) - They have merch and a separate website as well.  he also has a podcast/vlog for teachings/sermon etc (note - they both are graduates from Moody in Chicago).  Some of their merch they have in a room in their house upstairs.  Very hands on, they both process orders/ship.  The only thing not on site is apparel (tshirts/sweatshirts/hoodies) which is shipped directly from the vendor they use for that. 

And some of folks have entire clothing lines.   The Bates Sisters as mentioned above (physical location and we've seen that it is rather hands on), Danielle Busby (physical location I believe to store things etc), and Kass from The Nelson Family (LDS) has a clothing line as well but it's only recently started and I'm not sure how much of that is on site etc. 

Bottom line - the folks I see with clothing lines and merchandise put WORK into what they're doing.  To me it looks like whoever is 'handling' JinJer told them you need merch - use this and pick some stuff.  Rather like they were possibly told  you need a podcast go do one.  And they just don't seem to be like 'job type people' - or in this case ' work/effort type people'.  He's very good about blithering endlessly and trying to look all intellectual.  But not good at putting in the work to actually DO something.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

What's interesting to me is that it takes a great deal of effort and a strong work ethic to be a D1 athlete, let alone make a pro team. I've spent a lot of time in and around the US competitive soccer world, and it's not possible to make it that far just on talent. So Jeremy had a work ethic at one point. Maybe he's not passionate about ministry and whatever else it is that they're attempting to do in the same way he was passionate about soccer, maybe he got lazy when he saw Duggar dollar signs. But he definitely knows how to put in the work, he just doesn't appear to want to.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

How's the outbreak at their church going? Hopefully they didn't get covid, but honestly, I'm starting to think they may have hence the (somewhat) silence..

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

I think Jeremy considers being a pastor one of his personality traits vs being a pastor because it’s his calling. I can’t listen to his ‘sermons’ because he’s hard to follow and he puts little effort into being Biblically sound. He just regurgitates the church’s talking points (and doesn’t do it very well). He craves attention, and when he couldn’t get it from soccer he switched to being Great Value Joel Osteen, using Jinger in the process of course.

• Upvote 18
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

What's interesting to me is that it takes a great deal of effort and a strong work ethic to be a D1 athlete, let alone make a pro team. I've spent a lot of time in and around the US competitive soccer world, and it's not possible to make it that far just on talent. So Jeremy had a work ethic at one point. Maybe he's not passionate about ministry and whatever else it is that they're attempting to do in the same way he was passionate about soccer, maybe he got lazy when he saw Duggar dollar signs. But he definitely knows how to put in the work, he just doesn't appear to want to.

Initially, the same thing happened with Derick. He too seemed to lose his drive when he entered Duggarland. It’s as if they are Infected with a lazy gene upon entry into the family.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

So, one Redditor is theorizing the Vuolos' weirdness of late may be due to them deciding to leave 'Cali' once he graduates.  Not by choice, but maybe they are realizing that even with a steady pastor job and (probably dwindling) TLC money, they can't afford to live there since the get rich quick schemes didn't work and they'll soon have to pay for housing.  I could see this being the case.

• Upvote 12

13 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So, one Redditor is theorizing the Vuolos' weirdness of late may be due to them deciding to leave 'Cali' once he graduates.  Not by choice, but maybe they are realizing that even with a steady pastor job and (probably dwindling) TLC money, they can't afford to live there since the get rich quick schemes didn't work and they'll soon have to pay for housing.  I could see this being the case.

No shame there. CA is expensive-

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic