IGNORED

Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, fluffernutter said:

My great grandmother made this at Christmas but she called them walnut kisses and made them with black walnuts. She was a master at divinity. ? I don't have her recipe. I've tried making it from another recipe, but they never turned out. Oh, to get my hands on a true walnut kiss. 

Black walnuts make my mouth feel fuzzy. Love walnuts but black walnuts are totally different. It's really hard to explain, but i can't get them out of my mouth fast enough if they are in something unexpectedly. One of my aunts put them in fudge and brownies. I forgot that more than once! Yuck yuck yuck!

• Upvote 2

My mom and brother both love Divinity and my mom has burned out at least three mixers making it. If mom makes some if I'm with her at Christmas I'll have a piece or two but it's not must eat candy for me.

• I Agree 1

6 hours ago, moreorlessnu said:

I tried to make divinity once and was not successful despite whipping my Kitchen-Aid mixer into a frenzy (and I knew not to attempt it on a humid day).  Someone told me about their relative who used to make wonderful divinity whipping it by hand with a whisk.

I am not worthy.

If there's any oil or another kind of fat inside your mixing bowl- even just a little bit- egg whites may not whip properly. That's happened to me a few times (and now I always rewash my mixing bowls before attempting them!)

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

@indianabones a tip I read years ago, before whipping the egg whites, wipe half a lemon round the inside of the bowl, it removes even the tiniest traces of fat and the whites will whip beautifully!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 15

14 hours ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Black walnuts make my mouth feel fuzzy. Love walnuts but black walnuts are totally different. It's really hard to explain, but i can't get them out of my mouth fast enough if they are in something unexpectedly. One of my aunts put them in fudge and brownies. I forgot that more than once! Yuck yuck yuck!

My mom's favorite cake was black walnut. Sometimes I'll get it for my birthday cake just to remember her. My kids don't care for it. It's definitely a different taste than regular.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Jinger posted a few throwback pics (childhood) on her instastory...Was it on purpose that Jill is not in them ? So that it will be awkward for her to tag her?

• Upvote 1

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, have either Jinger or Jeremy addressed why they don't show their kids in pictures anymore on their IG? 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, have either Jinger or Jeremy addressed why they don't show their kids in pictures anymore on their IG? 

Recently Jinger did show the older one, but only from behind. If they are limiting their kids’ media exposure, it will make doing the show pretty difficult. Yahoo if they’re stopping the child exploitation!

• Upvote 12

I’d like to think they want to protect their children’s privacy - but that would mean not having them filmed for TLC? They’re probably just copying another celebrity to get people talking. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

No not really, They have posted a few photos of the baby. One with the whole family and one of  Jeremy holding Evangeline. 

It's unclear why they're posting fewer pictures, but I doubt they're giving up filming or taking pictures of the family for good.  It's a huge part of their brand, and something Duggar fans love to see. 

• Upvote 6

Let’s face it, since Josh’s exploits and JB’s handling of such were uncovered, the only thing the Duggar brand has is babies. Without ridiculous, irresponsible levels of reproduction, these folks have nothing. Stop showing little kids and new babies and they may as well quit filming. There literally is nothing else of interest. ( and no, their level of procreation is not interesting).

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I’d like to think they want to protect their children’s privacy - but that would mean not having them filmed for TLC? They’re probably just copying another celebrity to get people talking. 

Not posting daily to Instagram, but continuing to film would still drastically limit the girls exposure to the public (how many people really watch the show and how often would you be seeing Felicity and Evangeline anyway?)

It does seem like lately Jinger and Jeremy are re-evaluating their social media and honestly...that’s ok. Peoples opinions and thoughts about social media are allowed to change. 
I know Kristen Bell only posts photos of her kids with hearts or emojis over their faces (the same way my friends who foster do).
Chris Hemsworth and his wife never posted pics of their kids faces for the longest time...just pictures from the back or the side with hair mainly covering their face. I thought it was hilarious early on in covid when he had to do an interview from home and his kids were running around and screaming in the background. At one point one of his twins came over to him and looked directly into the camera. Inwardly, I think he was cringing knowing everyone could get a look at his son, but he kept on with the interview, his son eventually ran off and later on proceeded to nearly topple the laptop by throwing something ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

It’d be great if they were genuinely limiting the kids’ exposure, but since they did a birth special for the show fairly recently, and because they are who they are, I think it’s possible that they’re trying to force magazines to pay them for pics instead of just embedding Instagram photos (which is free).

• Upvote 9

I don't think Jinger and Jeremy are ready to give up life as fame chasers. There can be many reasons they haven't done as many posts lately, but I think people should prepare to be disappointed if they're expecting a real change. I will figuratively eat my words if a year goes by and they continue to reduce their public footprint. They have a book coming out in May; let's see how that goes. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 6

@Dominionatrix I think you may be on to something there. One of the gossip mags recently did a story about their LA home made up entirely of photos harvested from their Instagram accounts. 
With the book coming out and still trying to push their podcast and merchandise they may be holding back to ramp up interest in an ‘exclusive’ interview with photos.

It’s a gamble and as pointed out the USP of the Duggars is their reproduction. The Vuolos think they have moved on beyond that as biblical philosophers and lovers of all things classical but they owe their fame to babies.

• Upvote 10

Have they stopped their podcast? I wouldn’t rely on the Sun for news of anything really. Jinger had an Instagram story selling some dental product yesterday so they may only be doing stuff that pays.

• Upvote 3

I know, the sun, insomuch and so on is all not to be taken serious. Just wanted to ask. They also claim the are hiring a nanny since Jinger is so exhausted. That would be a first for a duggar. I hope for Jinger that there are no real problems an tabloids are just making up stuff.

Having small children is exhausting- but Jinger is fit and healthy and doesn’t have an outside job or caring responsibility for sick parents or all the other things parents have to juggle. Plus she has a husband who is a student, not working 12 hour shifts down a coal mine. 
I seriously doubt they would hire a nanny as they don’t like paying for anything. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Having small children is exhausting- but Jinger is fit and healthy and doesn’t have an outside job or caring responsibility for sick parents or all the other things parents have to juggle. Plus she has a husband who is a student, not working 12 hour shifts down a coal mine. 
I seriously doubt they would hire a nanny as they don’t like paying for anything. 

It’s also possible that the new baby is just particularly fussy, or colicky, or Jinger is having a harder time nursing this time, or had some infection or bleeding problem after the birth that’s made recovery challenging, or Felicity is extra active or in a difficult phase or has night terrors. There’s so many messy, loud, stressful exhausting possibilities. 

I can see them getting a paid part-time helper, they would need uninterrupted time for the podcast and someone to help with the kids while Jeremy studies and Jinger works on marketing or just naps would probably help. They aren’t in Arkansas where they could just drop them with an auntie or grandma when needed.  I was lucky to have family around when my kids were little, but I know from previous discussions here that isn’t what everyone does or expects.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

The last episode of the podcast was a month ago. Considering that they just had a baby, it’s a little soon to declare the podcast over. But it’s also possible that they gave it a six-month run, said everything they had to say, didn’t get much in the way of sponsors or publicity, and decided to stop.

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Have they stopped their podcast? I wouldn’t rely on the Sun for news of anything really. Jinger had an Instagram story selling some dental product yesterday so they may only be doing stuff that pays.

Side note one of my predictions for this year was the podcast failing...

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic