IGNORED

Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand

samurai_sarah

It's the real name. My favorite is if you get your doctorate, it's sometimes called a DMin (Demon) ? Doctorate of Ministry

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

18 hours ago, indianabones said:

With that length of time I'd expect the students to become divine upon completion!

Divine pains in the arses. Oh right he already has that down pat that and pompous. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

I had to stop by because I have friends who live in Aruba & one of them keeps posting about JINJER coming to the island & getting tickets. JINJER is Ukrainian metalcore band from Donetsk, Ukraine. It just made me laugh that this was the band’s name & they play metalcore. Jing needs some JINJER in her life. Lol. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 19

What was his undergrad in? I know he professes a love of classics but was that his major? (Obvious snark of his major being arrogance and minor being intolerance aside). 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Expectopatronus said:

What was his undergrad in? I know he professes a love of classics but was that his major? (Obvious snark of his major being arrogance and minor being intolerance aside). 

business

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 1

On 1/24/2021 at 8:49 AM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Not a joke, I too am a Master of Divinity..image.jpeg.b5cb9655db4b45bd1d4b312118b617ca.jpeg

This must be how David Waller became a pastor. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 23
  • Love 1

So, Jeremy was doing a q&a and he was asked if he believes in KJV only and his response was “Nooooooooooooooooo”. He recommends eSV or NASB which are actually the most accurate texts of the Bible. 
This means Jinger is probably reading these versions of the Bible at least some what. 
I know it isn’t a big step at all but it is a step. It puts the Bible in a more understandable language for Jinger which will help her grow into hopefully a less hateful Christian ala Jill. 

before anyone downvotes me or anything, yes this is probably not much more different than them wearing pants. But changing from KJV only means that they will be able to have more of their own thoughts about what they are reading because they will understand it more. 

• Upvote 17

Of course he does.  McArthur has study bibles in NASB & ESV (and I think I have a McArthur ESV on the shelf in the next room)

• Upvote 8

I tried making divinity before and it was a complete disaster.  But if you ever want something that's the consistency of sheetrock mud hit me up.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15

5 hours ago, Idlewild said:

For the moment I don’t see Jinger developing any thoughts that aren’t pre approved by Jeremy. 

I don’t disagree with you there. I see Jessa and Jill having their own thoughts before I see Joy and Jinger. I believe Joy still does KJV too

• Upvote 7

14 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

before anyone downvotes me or anything, yes this is probably not much more different than them wearing pants. But changing from KJV only means that they will be able to have more of their own thoughts about what they are reading because they will understand it more. 

KJV only is just so irrational. If the Duggars were KJV only this might encourage her to question the fundie received wisdom at least a little, and if the door is open a crack any stiff wind might blow things wide open. And while it might be scary to tiptoe away from Jeremy, some day it might occur to her that if her dad was wrong about some things, maybe her husband is as well. 
  At the very least, she’s raising her kids in a bigger world than she had known growing up. 

Edited by Bastet
Confused her with Jill.
  • Upvote 8

So, Jeremy was doing a q&a and he was asked if he believes in KJV only and his response was “Nooooooooooooooooo”. He recommends eSV or NASB which are actually the most accurate texts of the Bible. 
This means Jinger is probably reading these versions of the Bible at least some what. 

Jinger switched off KJV at marriage as did Jill.

before anyone downvotes me or anything, yes this is probably not much more different than them wearing pants. But changing from KJV only means that they will be able to have more of their own thoughts about what they are reading because they will understand it more

It's a known step from fundiedom to regular conservative.

2 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I tried making divinity before and it was a complete disaster.  But if you ever want something that's the consistency of sheetrock mud hit me up.

My grandmother used to make it and do it well.  There was secret to it she said and taught me.  But pre-schooler me did not retain the lesson.

• Upvote 13

4 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Jinger switched off KJV at marriage as did Jill.

It's a known step from fundiedom to regular conservative.

My grandmother used to make it and do it well.  There was secret to it she said and taught me.  But pre-schooler me did not retain the lesson.

I learned that you shouldn't try to make divinity if the humidity was high. Always trust my grandma.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

My great grandmother made this at Christmas but she called them walnut kisses and made them with black walnuts. She was a master at divinity. ? I don't have her recipe. I've tried making it from another recipe, but they never turned out. Oh, to get my hands on a true walnut kiss. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I tried to make divinity once and was not successful despite whipping my Kitchen-Aid mixer into a frenzy (and I knew not to attempt it on a humid day).  Someone told me about their relative who used to make wonderful divinity whipping it by hand with a whisk.

I am not worthy.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 1/26/2021 at 12:01 PM, Knight of Ni said:

My mom couldn't bake, but she made a great divinity. 

23 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@Not that josh's mom,  I was just going to say that!  It's better to not make any candy on humid days, but divinity is definitely in that category.  

I think my mom learned how to make growing up in the DR, but I could be wrong. The one thing she did learn from there that they use all the time is Dominican merengue, which they call suspiro. She used to make it for me as a child and feed it to me as a treat.  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

On 1/26/2021 at 8:11 PM, Not that josh's mom said:

I learned that you shouldn't try to make divinity if the humidity was high. Always trust my grandma.

My grandmother said to cut brownies with a plastic knife. I've always done so.  We just don't question these things.

• Haha 5
  • Love 6

33 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

It sounds yummy. Is it popular? Or do people have a love hate relationship with it?

It’s kind of old fashioned. Not many people make it anymore, unless it’s had some Pinterest revival that no one told me about. Personally, I’ve always lived in areas with high humidity, which ruins it, so I’m not entirely sure I’ve ever had it. No love/hate relationship of the sort that people have with licorice. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jinjer 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic