Jump to content
IGNORED

Jinger 55: Picking Names Just to Sound Grand


Recommended Posts

samurai_sarah

Continue being truly grand from here:

 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Idlewild

    47

  • AussieKrissy

    32

  • marmalade

    22

  • SassyPants

    21

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is the piece that infuriates me most about the buddy system. No teen sister should have to sacrifice her own sleep because her mom can't stop having babies. I absolutely hated night feedings, but

It’s humbling to hear that Jeremy says ‘we’re human beings, we have the exact same problems you have’. Who the hell do they think they are?!  How reassuring for us plebs that the failed footballer t

“Because we’re so in the public eye … [suitors would come] with the wrong intentions of like, ‘Oh, I want to be on TV,’” Jinger said.   Lol, Jinger. Have you actually met Jeremy fame-whore V

Posted Images

I don't have the energy to deal with looking, does anyone know what this new Home & Stead adventure is about? Are they just selling crap?

  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Idlewild

I think it’s hats and a candle so far. People on Jingers Instagram are asking if it’s US made and if the proceeds go to worthy causes. No reply from Jinger. 
The products seem dull and over priced so on brand for the Vuolos. 

  • Upvote 20
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
allthegoodnamesrgone
1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

I think it’s hats and a candle so far. People on Jingers Instagram are asking if it’s US made and if the proceeds go to worthy causes. No reply from Jinger. 
The products seem dull and over priced so on brand for the Vuolos. 

I'm guessing everything is cheaply made in some sweatshop in some Asian country, and the proceeds will go to the Vuolo's most worthy cause, themselves. LA living ain't cheap y'all. 

  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
Italiangirl

At the moment it seems to be just four candles and a hat...all overpriced and bland. Why anyone would buy it is something that escapes me, even if you are a fan, is not a book about them or something sign by them for example so 🤷‍♀️

  • Upvote 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
LittleOwl

Unless I'm missing something blatantly obvious, how do the words Hope and Stead go together?  It just seems like they flicked through the dictionary and chose the first two words they saw st random.  

 

  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Don'tlikekoolaid

I HOPE their stupid beliefs stand them in good STEAD (not).  I also hope Santa brings them a good Thesaurus.  What a couple of fatheads they have become.

  • Upvote 10
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm tired of them acting like the word "hope" is their trademark. There's nothing innately hopeful about overpriced baseball caps or forcing your little sister onto a podcast. 

  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Idlewild

In Jinger’s instastory Michelle and Jordyn are wearing the caps- I expect they’ll replace the ‘Vote Jed Duggar’ cap as Duggar headwear of choice.

There’s not much information on the website - it looks like the candles were bought in and rebranded. The hats have words like ‘Hope Bold’. Again they look bought in and branded. Quite how this has been a project that has taken months of intensive work is as much of a mystery as how buying a scented candle leads you to God, but I suppose the die hard humpers with more money than sense will buy them.

  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Snarkasarus Rex

Once again, a half-assed effort to bring in $$$$. You know Jana’s store is going to be the same thing. 

Launched on Giving Tuesday of course. Give us money!🙄

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't believe that their "long awaited" project is this lame. No tee shirts at least? Or cutsie signs? Trying to capitalize on Jesus over a Christmas themed candle?! I'm betting that they plan on more shit but are trying to get it out and started for the Christmas season. They probably originally wanted it to premier last week with more merch but ran into production difficulties.  What a load of pine scented crap.

  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
JanasTattooParlor

I feel like Jinger and Jeremy are trying to follow Audrey and Jeremy Roloff’s footsteps. They’ve both got podcasts, they now both have stores where their brand is a vague phrase (Always More is the Roloff’s), and potentially the Vuolos also have a book of “their story” coming out next year. Next thing we know Jinger will be selling essential oils too 🙄 Their store is super bland and you’d think that for all their hype it would at least have tshirts/sweatshirts or at least more than just hats and candles. I am seeing several people criticizing them on Jinger’s Insta for selling their own merchandise though so at least not all their followers are buying from them. 

  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

There are multiple Bates' ventures, but they make more sense.  Josie has her wedding hair company and now hair accessories, but that makes sense.  She went to Jesus school for that.  Michaela has her sewn baby stuff, but again that built slowly with less fanfare and makes sense.  Honestly, if Jana rolled out a line of home goods/decor I'd get it.  But a huge roll out for some scented candles?  Honestly if Jeremy was selling pretentious pens and Bible covers I'd get it, but this doesn't make sense. 

  • Upvote 24
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
CarrotCake
13 hours ago, LittleOwl said:

Unless I'm missing something blatantly obvious, how do the words Hope and Stead go together?  It just seems like they flicked through the dictionary and chose the first two words they saw st random.  

 

I don't even know what stead means in this context. 

  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
Casserole

I assume "Hope and Stead" is a knockoff of the "Hearth and Hand" brand (which is Joanna Gaines' collaboration line with Target, for those unfamiliar.) Doesn't make it make sense, but that's what it reminds me of. And fundies love them some homophobic Joanna Gaines.

Edited by Casserole
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
WiseGirl

I'm going with this as my translation for "hope and stead"....hope you pay attention to us (in)stead if the Dillards who are actually growing and way more interesting than we will ever be.

Honestly when I first saw the green logo on one if the caps I thought it was a Marijuana leaf because I looked so quickly or maybe I was hoping something interesting happened 

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Idlewild

They’ve very quickly amended the website to say a portion of the proceeds will go to selected charities and non profits- that wasn’t there yesterday. I’m guessing Jeremy’s mum’s charity and Mediccorps! 

  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
VBOY9977

I wonder why Jinger and Jeremy haven’t posted about their new book on social media? Cat’s out of the bag already with it being posted on Amazon. I’ve seen several snark and fan sites post about it as well. I would’ve thought those two would be promoting the hell out of that thing. 

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Idlewild

@VBOY9977 They are probably waiting until they can do book signing - I’m sure Jeremy fantasises about being interviewed on non TLC TV and holding court in book shops dressed in a suit and bow tie with queues of adoring Duggar fans who actually only want to see Jinger. 

  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
allthegoodnamesrgone
1 hour ago, Idlewild said:

They’ve very quickly amended the website to say a portion of the proceeds will go to selected charities and non profits- that wasn’t there yesterday. I’m guessing Jeremy’s mum’s charity and Mediccorps! 

"a portion" can mean anything It can be a random flat amount like every month we give $1.00 from the proceeds to a "charity" or we'll give $0.01 per $1000 made up to $1.00 a year.  We know they need this grift to support themselves. 

 

Interesting I just clicked on the link in Jinger's IG and it sends you here

  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
nolongerIFBx
4 hours ago, Casserole said:

I assume "Hope and Stead" is a knockoff of the "Hearth and Hand" brand (which is Joanna Gaines' collaboration line with Target, for those unfamiliar.) Doesn't make it make sense, but that's what it reminds me of. And fundies love them some homophobic Joanna Gaines.

There's a song that says "Jesus is my Hope and Stay." They may have been too certain they knew what the words were to go check the lyrics to be sure. . .

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/mattmaher/lordineedyou.html

I've been a Christian 39 years, in church for longer than that and fundie for most of those and I don't get "hope and stead". Too arrogant to check song lyrics is the best I can come up with.

Edited by nolongerIFBx
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was thinking it was a play on "homestead"  and then also playing with Hope (b/c Jesus) and Stead(fast b/c Jesus).

The Gaines one I thought was a bit of a rip off from 4-H honestly.

The OG Dugs, and 2nd gen, would really do better marketing their established Duggar brand.  The Gaines Target line worked b/c they already had a major following of their home-stuff themed show. The Duggars should make matching kid outfits, or ready to eat meal kits, family games, or something at least tangentially-related to why they are/were famous. Candles and hats are not it.

 

  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I feel like Jinger and Jeremy are trying to follow Audrey and Jeremy Roloff’s footsteps. They’ve both got podcasts, they now both have stores where their brand is a vague phrase (Always More is the Roloff’s), and potentially the Vuolos also have a book of “their story” coming out next year. Next thing we know Jinger will be selling essential oils too 🙄 Their store is super bland and you’d think that for all their hype it would at least have tshirts/sweatshirts or at least more than just hats and candles. I am seeing several people criticizing them on Jinger’s Insta for selling their own merchandise though so at least not all their followers are buying from them. 

but that would mean if they want to be like Audrey and Jeremy roloff they would leave the show like they did.

One can hope, be like the roloff's

essential oils do work though - lavender i love it

soulful sisters :)

14 minutes ago, Jesquire said:

I was thinking it was a play on "homestead"  and then also playing with Hope (b/c Jesus) and Stead(fast b/c Jesus).

The Gaines one I thought was a bit of a rip off from 4-H honestly.

The OG Dugs, and 2nd gen, would really do better marketing their established Duggar brand.  The Gaines Target line worked b/c they already had a major following of their home-stuff themed show. The Duggars should make matching kid outfits, or ready to eat meal kits, family games, or something at least tangentially-related to why they are/were famous. Candles and hats are not it.

 

candles must have been a way to pregnancy for these folks...and not wearing hats...get it hats....

condoms

4 hours ago, Idlewild said:

@VBOY9977 They are probably waiting until they can do book signing - I’m sure Jeremy fantasises about being interviewed on non TLC TV and holding court in book shops dressed in a suit and bow tie with queues of adoring Duggar fans who actually only want to see Jinger. 

this is a great post !!! and it's true

visions of the actual show back in the day

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Snarkasarus Rex

Jeremy has a business degree, but apparently it didn’t do him any good. Instead of going the inspirational, memorable, and relatable route, he went full pretentious try-hard. 

Might want take your marketing class again, Jerms. ‘Hope and Stead’ just inspires eye rolls. 

  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
AussieKrissy

Oh I was reading it as hope and stead pronouncing stead like a horse like donkey does in shrek. I’m a “valiant steed”. Now I realise it’s stead like homestead. I’m wasn’t even reading the right word. My weird mind has no context and was just making stuff up. Now all i read is hope (in)stead. I think I prefer hope and steed. 
do you think they mean stead as in stead fast? 

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • PumaLover

      PumaLover

      I just found out my little bonus kid is in a treatment center on a suicide watch tonight. He and I share a hobby and a couple weeks back he opened up to me that he's severely depressed and was wanting to hurt himself. I let his parents know and thankfully he had also been talking to them. I'm just heartbroken because him being in this center means that his parents had to call 911 and have him admitted and I know that was so hard for them to do. He's a young kid and has his whole life ahead of him but just wants to end it all and I don't know how to help him. 
      · 3 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      Middle aged woman with mommy issues...but missing her today.
      She got so much wrong with me, but she had the best intentions and tried so hard. 
      She got so much right, too.  I forget that sometimes.  Sometimes I remember and dismiss it out of spite.  
      “They did the best they could with the tools they had.”  I forgot where I first heard that but I’ve carried it with me like a mantra since my parents passed.   They truly did.  Whatever else was missing, whatever I needed that they couldn’t give, the love was always there.  

      Always. 
      That’s something.
      My confidence in my own abilities.  Faith in my own power.  My own strength.  They gave me that, too.
      That’s also something.  
      They’re why I’m messed up, but they’re also why I’m okay.  
       
      Shit’s complicated.
      She died before I figured out how smart she really was.  Sad thing is I don’t think ever figured that out for herself.  
      Ignore me - just crying in my car waiting to pick up my son.  

       
       
      · 0 replies
    • CuttySark

      CuttySark

      The nice thing about posting about Jewish history is how quickly it flushes out the antisemites. 😘
      · 2 replies
    • choralcrusader8613

      choralcrusader8613

      I've been feeling a shitload of this for a while now about various types of Christians tbh.

      · 0 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      It's Friday so yay!  But sweet Jesus I need it to be the end of the day already.  Crappy week and I'm so ready for it to be over.

      · 0 replies
    • nst

      nst

      I got vaccinated yesterday. In the am I got the email and I was  vaccinated 
      · 0 replies
    • PsyD2013

      PsyD2013

      Exhausted. I need a weekend off the grid.
       
      · 0 replies
    • 47of74

      47of74

      This will make the internetz explode. 
      · 1 reply
    • indianabones

      indianabones

      Making my fifth offer on a house tomorrow! I've gotten pretty attached to this one, too... fingers crossed!
      · 1 reply
    • CyborgKin

      CyborgKin

      I was today years old when I realised Harpo is Oprah backwards.
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.