IGNORED

Justin and Claire 2: Always the One I Forget

samurai_sarah

Snarkasarus Rex

Someone on Reddit claims that they saw them in Charleston. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 9
  • Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Idlewild

• Snarkasarus Rex

• AussieKrissy

• raayx01

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suggestions have been made elsewhere that the wedding venue was The Orchard, Azle. It looks a beautiful place for a wedding and quite a bit above the usual Duggar carpark.Wonder who officiated, a

I expect John will have flown them there. He’s a pilot apparently but doesn’t like to mention it.

Is it BEC to want to smack that fucking sign down???? He is getting his wisdom teeth out not getting fucking his Siamese twin fucking removed!!!!! Save that shit for life and death ya fucking dingbats

Posted Images

Idlewild
33 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

That actually seems more likely. If TLC re not involved I doubt the Duggars are forking out for Hawaii.

• Upvote 9
DalmatianCat
1 hour ago, viii said:

I guess I’m the only person who doesn’t overthink eating tacos 🤣

Same! I remember when Mykelti Brown married Tony and they wanted tacos at their reception and there was a lot of talk about whether 2 or 4 tacos was necessary per person, but never about them being messy.

• Upvote 10
just_ordinary

The slightly different food choice has been pretty popular in the last couple of years. Especially with more hipster couples. Food trucks, breakfast buffets, fast food in fingerfood portions, show cooking barbecue....

I think it’s pretty cool. But weddings here have very seldom the long evening dress vibe. Cocktail dresses or pretty summer dresses have been the standard for almost all weddings. So the step away from the classic buffet/seated meal to a more “edgy” choice won’t bother most.

As a guest I would definitely not think about my dress and as a bride I would pick something we like and know if my dress is in danger or not (so no regrets when it stains).

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 7
Markie

It didn’t really care about the tacos. I was just pleasantly surprise the guests were fed anything so that’s a plus in my estimation. Did any of the other siblings have a meal at their wedding? Maybe Josh and Anna; didn’t the church ladies do a pot luck? 

I know that there was cake or ice cream or snacks at other Duggar weddings...

Edited by Markie
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
Cheetah
3 hours ago, Markie said:

Wonder where Justin and Claire went on their honeymoon?  I think Hawaii would be lovely but are either of them old enough to rent a car or a hotel room? If it’s 18, they’re okay, but if it’s 21, they aren’t. They may have friends who have a timeshare or a condo so they might be able to go that route. 

I actually just looked this up a couple of hours ago - you can technically rent a car in Hawaii if you are 18 from one company and I'm not sure that company is on more than just Oahu.  For the more national chains you can rent at 20 or 21 but have to pay a surcharge (actually I'm not sure if any of them were 20 rather than 21 so Claire might be out of luck too).   (We just booked a trip to Kauai for late July/ early August on the news that there should be enough vaccine for all adults by the end of May and were looking to see whether we can add our oldest -who will be 24 by then - as a driver or not.)

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1
JanasTattooParlor
5 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Nooooo! They can’t be in my city!! I wouldn’t be surprised if they were though since it’s a gorgeous town with lots of cute couple things to do and phenomenal places to eat. However, all of downtown Charleston and the surrounding suburbs are under mask mandates even when walking the streets so they better be masking up if they’re here because most every store/restaurant is very vocal about it. 

• Upvote 12
AussieKrissy
5 hours ago, Markie said:

It didn’t really care about the tacos. I was just pleasantly surprise the guests were fed anything so that’s a plus in my estimation. Did any of the other siblings have a meal at their wedding? Maybe Josh and Anna; didn’t the church ladies do a pot luck? 

I know that there was cake or ice cream or snacks at other Duggar weddings...

I was just pleased to see cutlery lol 

• Haha 15
Satan'sFortress

Now I want a taco.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2
Audrey2

I am trying to tread very carefully lest I hit one of those wedding topics of doom.

Based off of what we've seen the fundies appear to wear what I would consider church clothes to what I would consider work level clothes to their weddings. I would guess outside of something you bought and would wear if you were parent of the Bride or in the wedding party that most of the clothes are washable and, if you listen to the duggars, purchased used. This makes me think that fundies would be less concerned about getting taco fixings on them then say someone who went to a wedding in the Northeast where my sister lives where they are much more formal dress occasions generally speaking.

• Upvote 12
VeryNikeSeamstress
14 hours ago, Wifey4Lifey said:

Same. And if Claire was that concerned about spilling she could've thrown a cute apron on over her dress while she was eating. That's my plan for my wedding this fall where we're having pasta with red sauce!

This reminds me of a (Ukranian, I believe) wedding tradition my mom told me about when I was a child. The bride wears a beautiful gown with a crown, but at the wedding reception she trades her crown for a babushka to symbolize her transition from virgin princess to hardworking housewife.

I guess if Claire had donned a cute apron at the reception it could be the Fundie version of that tradition. Mind you, in a breeding cult it might be more like putting a maternity frock on over the wedding gown.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 11
Marly
On 3/5/2021 at 5:04 PM, SorenaJ said:

Tacos are the best! I just get a bit of second hand stress seeing the bride eating tacos! What if it ruins her nice dress?

Very late reply, I'm just now catching up on the thread, apologies.
I got married a year ago, and during dinner I wore a tablecloth over my dress. I am a messy eater, so my mom brought a tablecloth to the venue for me. It got a few laughs, but all in good spirit. Most people thought it was a great solution. 

Edit: I had a big poofy princess dress, so an apron alone wouldn't have been enough to cover my dress. Which is why we chose to use a tablecloth.

Edited by Marly
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 13
viii

@Marly That’s what I did when I graduated high school. I had a floofy princess dress and so we used a tablecloth to cover it at the luncheon. (We don’t have prom where I live; girls go all out for their high school grad)

• Upvote 6
ADoyle90815

One other reason I don't think they would have gone to Hawaii is that they would have to self quarantine for 10 days if they don't bring proof of a negative Covid test done right before departure. They also do contact tracing as well, and they just had a superspreader wedding, as only Jill and her husband seemed to be the only guests wearing masks.

• Upvote 10
Melinda

Hilary posted a pic about Jason because he came to visit: "We love you Jason!" Excuse me, there is JASON? 

• Haha 17
  • I Agree 1
GuineaPigCourtship
17 minutes ago, Melinda said:

Hilary posted a pic about Jason because he came to visit: "We love you Jason!" Excuse me, there is JASON? 

Does Michelle know?

• Haha 24
Coconut Flan

Carry on here:

• Thank You 2
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic