IGNORED

Justin and Claire 2: Always the One I Forget

samurai_sarah

VeryNikeSeamstress

20 minutes ago, Mom to Nell said:

So this is what the young Rhodes scholar had to say about his bride:

“God brought Claire in my life and I wasn’t really expecting it, but he brought her along right when I needed her,” Justin said, revealing the rest was history. “Claire has a lot of good qualities and I can sit here and tell you all of them, but there are so many good things that I see in her. I’m so blessed to have her in my life.”

Ok, so "when I needed her" must be an euphemism? Right? He's 18 and Daddy takes care of everything, so what exactly did you need besides what all 18 males need?

And you can't even find one nice quality to mention about Claire? How about she's kind or sweet or funny or understands me or we finish each other's sentences? It isn't like the interview took you by surprise. 

^^^ I'm not saying there's any credibility to Without a Crystal Ball, but this statement from Justin makes me wonder if Claire showed up in time to save him from going to Alert.

Yeah, not the most inspired statement from a newlywed about his wife. You'd think after years of being on TV Justin would be used to giving interviews and have more to say.

ETA: Claire's dress looks pretty generic but I'm glad she did something with her hair other than just letting it hang.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Replies 766
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Idlewild

• Snarkasarus Rex

• AussieKrissy

• raayx01

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Suggestions have been made elsewhere that the wedding venue was The Orchard, Azle. It looks a beautiful place for a wedding and quite a bit above the usual Duggar carpark.Wonder who officiated, a

I expect John will have flown them there. He’s a pilot apparently but doesn’t like to mention it.

Is it BEC to want to smack that fucking sign down???? He is getting his wisdom teeth out not getting fucking his Siamese twin fucking removed!!!!! Save that shit for life and death ya fucking dingbats

Posted Images

SillyDillys

It just struck me that I am sure JoKen went which is crazy to me since she gave birth a week ago. Her due date was tomorrow too, so I'm sure they knew before even picking a date, why would you do it so close to your new Sister in 'love' due date? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
QuiverFullofBooks
20 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

You'd think after years of being on TV Justin would be used to giving interviews

How much have they interviewed him? I feel like I’ve barely seen him. TLC has never been interested in the howlers.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
Dominionatrix

I know lots of people do it, but it would irk me to have my anniversary and birthday one day apart; inevitably one gets short shrift. Plus they have Valentine’s Day, their wedding anniversary, and Claire’s birthday all in a two-week span, so I foresee a lot of combined celebrations in their future. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
dawn9476

I don't know if it was an outdoor wedding b/c I watched WACB video on the wedding speculation and she said it was only 57 where the wedding may have been in Texas. 

Duggar Data has them announcing their first pregnancy on 8/31 with a birthdate around 3/3/22. Meaning they could have their first on or around their first anniversary/Clare's birthday. 

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 6
AussieKrissy

Jill posted a congrats pic for the wedding on her Insta stories same pic that has been released by everyone. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7
MaryOrMartha

Calling it like I did in the predictions topic. Feb wedding, December baby.

• Upvote 6
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1
Iamtheway
2 hours ago, Mom to Nell said:

Ok, so "when I needed her" must be an euphemism? Right? He's 18 and Daddy takes care of everything, so what exactly did you need besides what all 18 males need?

To get out of the house? Have people notice you as a person and not a number?

I hope they still like eachother in a couple of years because they are stuck with eachother now. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11
CarrotCake

Is that sleeve extended to not show her holy shoulders? Or is it just a weird positioning for this photo?

• Upvote 4
raayx01
2 hours ago, SillyDillys said:

It just struck me that I am sure JoKen went which is crazy to me since she gave birth a week ago. Her due date was tomorrow too, so I'm sure they knew before even picking a date, why would you do it so close to your new Sister in 'love' due date? 

Anna gave birth to Mason four days after Joe and Kendra's wedding

• Upvote 2
Jrodseyeliner

The comments on Facebook are gold.

* looks like a son and his mum

* looks like a student off to prom with his teacher. 
* why is the suit so Ill fitting, why does she look middle aged..  

• Haha 12
  • I Agree 1
Bluebirdbluebell

Justin and Clare are less than 2 years apart. The only thing I like about this is the age difference. 

They are both so young. They have their whole lives ahead of them. I don't know. I hope they'll be relatively happy, given what seems a tenuous situation to me. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 12
Idlewild

Why can’t any of these Duggar men dress properly? He looks like he got the suit out of a dress up hamper. Claire looks very pretty.

Points to note- from their replies on Instagram Joy and Anna were there but other than Jana and Jer’s visit to Magnolia, none of the Duggars acknowledged travelling to Texas for the wedding. I think they do know how people feel about superspreader events and it’s about damage limitation for their TLC contract.

There’s nothing on the Counting On FB page - it may take a couple of days to put a video up but don’t they normally post at least a congratulations picture?
Maybe everyone is on pain of social media silence until the TV show airs and they hope disquiet about the pandemic has died down.

• Upvote 9
Glasgowghirl

Justin's suit looks like when a parent buys their child's school uniform too big for their first day and tells them they will grow into it. 

I do like Claire's dress though 

Edited by Glasgowghirl
Wrong information
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
finnlassie

As much as I try to be happy for them, I just can't help but look Justin as a child.. groom?? Almost wrote child bride there. 😬

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 5
Italiangirl
10 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

Justin's suit looks like when a parent buys their child's school uniform too big for their first day and tells them they will grow into it. 

I do like Claire's dress and the bridesmaid's dresses though. 

Where do you see the vtudsmaid dresses? The only photo u have seen till now is the one they posted themselves. 

Now the big question when there will be a blessing announce? I would say mid/end May max early June. Justin will be the younger Duggar dad if they have a honeymoon baby sigh

• Upvote 4
Glasgowghirl
22 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Where do you see the vtudsmaid dresses? The only photo u have seen till now is the one they posted themselves. 

Now the big question when there will be a blessing announce? I would say mid/end May max early June. Justin will be the younger Duggar dad if they have a honeymoon baby sigh

I thought the pictures posted up thread contained the bridesmaid's dresses, my mistake. 

• Thank You 2
Teaistheway

Claire looks lovely and they both look happy. BUT, I actually think the Duggar and Spivey parents should be ashamed of themselves for facilitating this. They are very young, and, thanks to the SOTDT, uneducated and in no position to be independent and keep themselves let alone provide for the children they will soon be churning out.

Although I'm happy to snark on the Maxwell's for many things, at least there's recognition that, in the traditional marriage set ups, the husband needs to be able to house and provide for his family, which means marrying older and with some sort of established income.

Nonetheless I wish them well and hope they are given space and opportunity to mature together.

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3
anjulibai

They did this the day before her birthday so they could say she was 19. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 17
  • Love 3
Bobology
8 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

they have Valentine’s Day, their wedding anniversary, and Claire’s birthday all in a two-week span, so I foresee a lot of combined celebrations in their future. 

Party used, save the difference!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 25
  • Love 1
Idlewild
31 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

It would be very sad if this was their reason, but these people are weird.

I’d like to think TLC gave them an ultimatum- either have a small, Covid aware wedding or we won’t film but they seem to keep going back to this awful family. There’s been definite radio silence though- I really think the whole thing was filmed and they’ll wait until later in the year when the pandemic has eased off to show it. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
anjulibai
6 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

It would be very sad if this was their reason, but these people are weird.

It's the exact same thing they did with Jessa and Ben. When they married all the reporting said she was 21, even though she turned 22 a 3 days later. It looked better for her to be 21 to Ben's 19, than 22 to his 19. Same thing - it looks better (though not by much) for Justin to be 18 and Claire to be 19, instead of him 18 and her 20. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
SassyPants
1 hour ago, anjulibai said:

Didn’t the Duggars do something similar with Jessa and Ben’s wedding? Didn’t they get married right before Jessa’s BD, in order to keep their ages closer together?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
louisa05

Justin should be finishing his senior year of high school not getting married. I know any mention of this ignites a storm of “I got married young and am the happiest married person in world history” posts. But there really is such a thing as too young and Justin is it. Especially in this cult where he’s highly likely to also be a parent in a year or less. 

Statistically, couples married before 25 have a much higher divorce rate. Before 20 is even higher. Obviously, it’s extremely unlikely these two will ever divorce. But it’s likely they’ll struggle and be unhappy. 

• Upvote 29
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic