IGNORED

Justin and Claire 2: Always the One I Forget

samurai_sarah

On 12/16/2020 at 9:47 PM, justmy2cents said:

I think you're referring to @FrozenSmile. Haven't heard from her in a long time. She knew the older sisters but most likely wouldn't get an invite for one of the younger howlers, especially if they scale things down for the pandemic (though that may still be several hundred guests.)

Hi - haven’t been over here in ages. It’s been a crazy year! I haven’t heard anything about when/where the wedding is. I will be shocked if I get an invite this time, though. If I had to guess, i’d expect them to be married by the end of February. A three month engagement seems about right, not to mention that they’ve been together for a whole 14 months...that’s a long time to rein in those teenage hormones! ?

• Upvote 22
  • Thank You 9

Considering the wedding Justin and Claire were groomsman and bridesmaid in yesterday I’d say they are not afraid of big crowds of unmasked people indoors. 

I looked through the photos on the bride’s (Grace Wikstrom) and her mother’s instagram and it looks like they were only engaged for three weeks! Isn’t that short, even for fundies? Who has time to plan a wedding in three weeks? They started courting in the beginning of September. That’s fast!

• Upvote 18

Fundies have their daughters weddings planned by the time they’re two. I can’t imagine it was hard for them to throw something together in three weeks, especially since it was outside. 

• Upvote 7

Well since they don't cater food, they just have a few snacks, all they really need is a church, dress, bridesmaid/groom outfits, a few pitiful decorations and a cake, It could honestly be done  in a few weeks, but since Duggar engagements tend to last at least three months, I'm shooting for a February 13 wedding

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, viii said:

Fundies have their daughters weddings planned by the time they’re two. I can’t imagine it was hard for them to throw something together in three weeks, especially since it was outside. 

It was not outside. It was in a church and It looks like there was some kind of reception indoors after as well. Lots of people. Jason was there as well and did music with Austins sister. They thanked both her, her husband and Austins dad and their camp. The wedding was in Oklahoma. Where is the camp? 

• Upvote 8

Austin's family's family camp is in AR, not far away from Duggarville. I suppose the family spent time there in the past.

• Upvote 1

Where in Oklahoma?  Because the Duggar’s are in NW Arkansas meaning NE Oklahoma is more or less next door.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

Where in Oklahoma?  Because the Duggar’s are in NW Arkansas meaning NE Oklahoma is more or less next door.  

My American geography knowledge is pretty poor. I know both Arkansas and Oklahoma are states in the south but did not know they are next to eachother so I don’t know. Don’t think the Duggars care at all how long they travel though. 

• Upvote 1

I checked google maps when I posted about it in another thread. They were just outside of Oklahoma city. Between 3-4 hours from the TTH. They could have driven there over the weekend (even just for a day). 

Perhaps this link works: https://www.google.se/maps/dir/Tontitown,+Arkansas,+USA/Express+Clydesdales+Barn,+12701+W+Wilshire+Blvd,+Yukon,+OK+73099,+USA/@35.7942,-97.0837046,8z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x87c97294174cfaa3:0xbaa983e7a3a8bec4!2m2!1d-94.2335396!2d36.1778565!1m5!1m1!1s0x87b20711351ac6a5:0x2dbb68f6fbe7cabf!2m2!1d-97.7600062!2d35.5518435!3e0

Edited by xenobia
added link
  • Thank You 4

That’s not really that far for these people.  Besides, I think they *might* have a few pilots in the family to make that more of a quick hop.  Also in theory puts the family camp Austen’s family owns in a reasonable range for those of us out here in the relative boonies.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

On 12/23/2020 at 5:47 PM, clueliss said:

That’s not really that far for these people.  Besides, I think they *might* have a few pilots in the family to make that more of a quick hop.  Also in theory puts the family camp Austen’s family owns in a reasonable range for those of us out here in the relative boonies.  

Who do you think the pilots are? It’s not as if JD has ever hinted in that direction...

• Haha 14

The DuggarSnark subreddit is convinced that Justin and Claire's wedding is today, based on the number of people who were pictured at the TTH for a New Year's Eve party last night. Guess we'll see if they're right...

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5

32 minutes ago, indianabones said:

The DuggarSnark subreddit is convinced that Justin and Claire's wedding is today, based on the number of people who were pictured at the TTH for a New Year's Eve party last night. Guess we'll see if they're right...

I thought it would be in TX, but they did have a suspiciously large NYE party...maybe a 2 Jan wedding? Tune in tomorrow...

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I thought it would be in TX, but they did have a suspiciously large NYE party.

They always seem to have a very large New Year's eve party. I don't think that's proof of anything.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Are there pictures of the New Years eve party?

Not on any of the Duggars socials but there are some on their friends’ pages. It looks like there were about 60-70 people in the house ?

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Not on any of the Duggars socials but there are some on their friends’ pages. It looks like there were about 60-70 people in the house ?

Yeah, they're being much quieter about this party than their various Christmas events. Not sure whether it's because of the bad press they've been getting for their superspreader antics or because there really is a wedding this weekend.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

The Duggars seem to do. NYE party where everyone prays at midnight.  They possibly decided that posting about it after the super spreader Christmas stuff was unwise. Mor Jessa will dump a YouTube shortly.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

On 1/2/2021 at 11:09 AM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I thought it would be in TX, but they did have a suspiciously large NYE party...maybe a 2 Jan wedding? Tune in tomorrow...

meanwhile I've seen only the people I live with and the dogs I see from a distance during our dog walks. 

But that's cool. I'm not salty or anything. 

And for what it's worth I think they're gonna get married on valentines day. BUT i have seen speculation on fundie tumblr that they'll be married before the inauguration because they fear biden will put strict stay home orders in place. Not really sure that they'd even listen if he did though. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

Not really sure that they'd even listen if he did though. 

I’m sure they wouldn’t actually care but they probably want it to be filmed and paid for by TLC so have to continue with the act of caring about the spread of Covid. Remember the Duggars making masks video? Yet none of them wear them.

• Upvote 1

This is probably somewhat far fetched, but there *is* a possibility that TLC could turn this into a live streamed Duggar wedding that everyone could watch as it happens? More viewers for a Duggar boy wedding, too. Only the closest family around (which is still controversial knowing the size...) and make it look like everyone actually cares about covid.

Edited by finnlassie
  • Upvote 6

@finnlassie I think that’s a possibility. They’ve done the Vuolo birth and the tree purchase as TLC subscriber videos- a wedding might increase interest and keep up the pretence they care about covid. 

• Upvote 4

This seems an interesting idea @finnlassie it could work for both Tlc and Duggars, it will be something different thus making casual viewers more curious to see what will happen. 

Maybe Tlc could do like for the birth of the November babies and release an online preview with some sneak peak and then when the show return do a more longer ep

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, finnlassie said:

This is probably somewhat far fetched, but there *is* a possibility that TLC could turn this into a live streamed Duggar wedding that everyone could watch as it happens? More viewers for a Duggar boy wedding, too. Only the closest family around (which is still controversial knowing the size...) and make it look like everyone actually cares about covid.

This may actually be a thing. Maybe the NYE party doubled as a ‘preception’’ for Claritin, since a lot of the usual suspects wouldn’t be attending the wedding? IMO this party looked bigger and had a different vibe than their previous NYE parties...but it didn’t scream wedding weekend either.

Realistically, a Duggar COVID wedding would still be in the neighborhood of 200 people vs. 1000, but with the smaller number they could make it look like there weren’t that many people there. ?

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 1

From the videos I saw (Carver Bowers IG), there were hundreds of people at the TTH. No one wore masks. I feel like they would have announced by now if there had been a wedding, though...

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic