Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Maxwell 44: Must We Permit Mephistopheles and Beelzebub to Perform Financial and Performance Audits

Recommended Posts

anachronistic

The vet website he thinks is better is the one without any animal pictures on it. If that’s not a metaphor for something relating to his life I don’t know what is. Maybe how the better role for middle aged women is future wives and mothers, not wives and mothers? Or the better school is one without kids in it....or books....probably their ideal school is just the Bible by itself in a very plain room....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

The Maxwell word salad is everywhere. On SwiftOtter's website (where Steve is still listed as "Chief Synergist" (They picked up synergy a few years ago and are holding onto it for dear life). 

https://swiftotter.com/technical/trust#/

SwiftOtter is small in number. We purpose to grow only as the right people, with the right character are found. We are as committed to high skill level as we are to the right character. The right people are as much learners as they are people of character–that is our culture.

Also, it seems Steve still has a stake in his son's businesses. 

https://www.zoominfo.com/p/Steve-Maxwell/-1309380508

The info looks to be 2-3 years old, but I don't doubt it's still the same. 

And yes, I am home, on the sofa with a bad knee for the 4th consecutive day,  bored out of my skull. Why do you ask? 

  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
church_of_dog
10 hours ago, Captain Obvious said:

I bet it's Proverbs 4:11. Fundies love Proverbs.

https://biblehub.com/proverbs/4-11.htm

But following the bible quote tradition they use on the blog, he should have named the site "eightfifteen":


They lean on the web, but it gives way; they cling to it, but it does not hold.

(Job 8:15)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sparkles

Damn, Swift Otter actually had a pretty decent site at one point but they’ve gone off the deep-end again. What a mess! I’m pretty sure that Steve was gone from the site at one point but he just can’t stay away it seems. Chief Synergist. Please. 👀 You name is Steve Maxwell, not Steve Jobs. And even Steve Jobs wouldn’t have given himself a dumb ass title like that.

Not for nothing, but some of their non-family staff look like they just got out of puberty and their pimples have cleared up. I know that tech is an industry where it’s not unusual to be young but they really do look like kids. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kpmom

I just looked at the Swift Otter site and am not seeing Steve there.  At least not under "Our Team".  Is he somewhere else?

I agree some of the employees look pretty darn young.  Is that kid who is a bee keeper in his free time too young for Mary?

Edited by kpmom

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
browngrl

Was Christopher the one who wanted to be a paramedic (or similar first responder)? 

I wonder if the reason Christopher keeps doing mediocre work is not just the result of his education at the hands of Steve and Teri - maybe it is because his heart has never been in anything since he was denied the job he wanted. This being said, there is probably a lot of hubris and denial too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoneyBunny
2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

The Maxwell word salad is everywhere. On SwiftOtter's website (where Steve is still listed as "Chief Synergist" (They picked up synergy a few years ago and are holding onto it for dear life). 

https://swiftotter.com/technical/trust#/

SwiftOtter is small in number. We purpose to grow only as the right people, with the right character are found. We are as committed to high skill level as we are to the right character. The right people are as much learners as they are people of character–that is our culture.

WTF does that even mean? Oh Steve, you did your kids a huge disservice when you didn’t allow them to read anything but the Bible and missionary stories. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MamaJunebug
1 hour ago, browngrl said:

Was Christopher the one who wanted to be a paramedic (or similar first responder)? 

I wonder if the reason Christopher keeps doing mediocre work is not just the result of his education at the hands of Steve and Teri - maybe it is because his heart has never been in anything since he was denied the job he wanted. This being said, there is probably a lot of hubris and denial too.

I just had a similar thought - had Chris been allowed to follow his bliss, he’d probably have been a good paramedic, and the world needs them SO much more than it needs more web designers. JMHO, that. 
 

Re the firm’s “we purpose” statement: I would’ve scratched them right off my bid list based on that alone. Even if it weren’t a tip-off to misogynistic religious attitude, the archaic quality distracts. Negatively. I wonder who their clients are! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
16 hours ago, freejugar said:

I don't know how Chris makes a living to support his wife and kids (and medical bills!). He shoots one wedding a year or so, and he only has 5 websites he's done, some of them are quite old. 

There's his lawn service. And probably he gets by with a little help from his brothers, in the form of a token position at Swift Otter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allyisyourpally5

I feel like one child wanted to be a pilot? Or am I thinking of Chris wanting to be a first responder and also with that piloting a helicopter? (I could have made this all up)

I know we keep saying Steve still has a share in all his son’s businesses - for all Steve preaches that son’s should run their own businesses and buy a home in cash with no debt - did he do the initial investment in all these businesses? If so then that’s just another level of all Maxwell hypocrisy. Much easier to start a business when the key investor and person you owe money to is your own father 😒😒

I kind of feel sorry for Christopher for all the reasons above - he’s clearly not doing what he’s passionate about and it shows but he’s too brainwashed (like Sarah) to see that he has options. The personality isn’t strong enough to fight for his own wants. I’ve said many times that Steve and Teri have failed their daughters and stilted them but actually they’ve done the same to their sons, it’s just that some have managed to expose themselves a bit more to the world and clearly have a stronger personality that’s enabled them to step away slightly (eg renting an apartment). They have failed their children.

I just think if I have children (and I hope to), how proud I would be if they said they wanted to be a pilot  or a first responder - I would be thrilled. What a great way to make a living. I then think of my father and how supportive he was of me throughout my education and my life - helped me get back up when things have gone wrong, he’s never mocked my career.....he’s certainly encouraged me to stay clear of certain things (but we are talking about things that most parents would want their child to keep away from) and has helped me navigate and be realistic - but he’s never made me feel guilty or put pressure on me to change my mind about how I make my living.

 

Do you think all Swift Otter employees have to be homeschooled Christians? Would they employ a married woman? Would they fire somebody having sex with their girlfriend outside of marriage?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jana814

I think Steve & Teri failed all of their children. They didn’t/don’t allow them to follow the paths in life that they want to. Maybe if Christopher had been allowed to become an EMT he could have saved dozens of lives. Maybe if they allowed Mary to go to art school she could some day have a painting hanging in a museum. Instead Mary is at home drawing for the books her sister writes & looking after her brother’s kids. 

  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan
1 hour ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

Do you think all Swift Otter employees have to be homeschooled Christians? Would they employ a married woman? Would they fire somebody having sex with their girlfriend outside of marriage?

 

Prince is in India & Antonio is in the Netherlands. Chancers are neither are good little homeschool Christian boys but you never really know.  David is in Wyoming. Isaac & Luke appear to be brothers from Georgia. They could be. Luke commented on someone's post on LinkedIn about "god doing great things through you..." so there's a good chance he passed the good Christian boy test. 

Anna does desktop publishing for Swiftotter - so we know another of Anna's jobs. Which is, of course, for another brother. 

LinkedIn is a handy tool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bluebirdbluebell
5 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Prince is in India & Antonio is in the Netherlands. Chancers are neither are good little homeschool Christian boys but you never really know.  David is in Wyoming. Isaac & Luke appear to be brothers from Georgia. They could be. Luke commented on someone's post on LinkedIn about "god doing great things through you..." so there's a good chance he passed the good Christian boy test. 

Anna does desktop publishing for Swiftotter - so we know another of Anna's jobs. Which is, of course, for another brother. 

LinkedIn is a handy tool. 

I actually think David, Luke, and Issac are brothers. And yes they could be Christian homeschooled kids.  Prince, and Antonio are relatively recent hires. There was another guy working there, but he left. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bajovane

I had a look at the SwiftOtter site and ugh!  Seriously?  Word salad indeed!  I would bet they so wanted to say "Women need not apply" 

It's stunning that anyone would hire these idiots!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katzchen24
15 hours ago, Jana814 said:

I think Steve & Teri failed all of their children. They didn’t/don’t allow them to follow the paths in life that they want to. Maybe if Christopher had been allowed to become an EMT he could have saved dozens of lives. Maybe if they allowed Mary to go to art school she could some day have a painting hanging in a museum. Instead Mary is at home drawing for the books her sister writes & looking after her brother’s kids. 

They've failed them big time. None of the kids would have been able to explore their interests and likes and move into a profession of their choosing. Maybe Mary would still have painted the Moodys, but she would at least not be restricted to that. If Sarah had been properly educated, she might still have written the Moodys but she would have done it with a solid educational foundation. They haven't even let the girls fulfil what I would have thought Steve would see as their proper biblical purpose - to be quiverful broodmares for Godly Young Men. Instead, the whole family has apparently fallen into some kind of scheduling death-spiral ourobouros.

Steve flaunts his reconnected vest deferens to the whole world, but the kidult girls are stuck at home cleaning the fans.

  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Elegant Mess
39 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

Steve flaunts his reconnected vest deferens to the whole world, but the kidult girls are stuck at home cleaning the fans.

Was that intended, or was that an autocorrect error?  Either way, that's glorious! :pb_lol:

  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Katzchen24
1 hour ago, Elegant Mess said:

Was that intended, or was that an autocorrect error?  Either way, that's glorious! :pb_lol:

Thankyou, it was intended. 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
allyisyourpally5

I find it interesting also about the constant references to “character” and that this is just as important as skill - now in a sense I agree - when a company is hiring, they will look for someone qualified and skilled in the job but who will also be a good fit for the company and the people there. But at the end of the day if I as a customer am hiring Swift Otter for whatever they do, I want highly skilled professionals doing the job I’m paying them to do - I don’t care if they’ve passed the Good Person Test or whatever.

 

I think all this “we build character” and “character is just as important as skill” and “we like to make a personal connection and won’t work with you otherwise” bull is just to put off heathen job hunters and clients. It’s their way of just staying away from the unconverted, therefore they just preach to the the choir and can feel good about themselves because their message was received. By someone who already believes. You can’t be a shining light behind a brick wall Maxwells.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mango_fandango

Teri has written a post on making soup. This bit struck me:

“allowing each person to choose how much he wants in his serving” (bolding mine)

Why the male pronoun, when 4 out of 5 of the inhabitants of the MaxBorg are female? Why not just use “they/their”??

Teri may also do a post on bean soup in the future. Apparently one of the Maxwell daughters “doesn’t do well eating beans”. Wonder what that means, particularly since they eat bean burritos so often!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HereticHick

"Maybe I can do another post on the bean soups that Steve and I eat." 

 

Don't be a tease Teri. I know I will see the post on cutting lettuce with a pizza cutter before I see that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Austrian Atheist

Our family enjoys soup year round. For most of my married life, I made soup from a recipe. Then my daughter, Anna, introduced me to making soup with a general plan but not specifics. Isn’t it great when our children become our teachers?

Terri has had experience in cooking soup for a big family of at least ten eaters for decades - and she seems to be amazed that this task is possible without a recipe. Come on Terri, it is soup - not rocket since! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Coconut Flan
9 hours ago, Elegant Mess said:

Was that intended, or was that an autocorrect error?  Either way, that's glorious! :pb_lol:

I think we have at least one more vest thread title.  How could I resist Steve flaunting his vest deferens?

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 11
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hane
4 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Teri has written a post on making soup. This bit struck me:

“allowing each person to choose how much he wants in his serving” (bolding mine)

Why the male pronoun, when 4 out of 5 of the inhabitants of the MaxBorg are female? Why not just use “they/their”??

I’m about Teri’s age. When we were in school, using “he/him/his” as the indefinite personal pronoun was drummed into our heads, so much that I still have trouble not defaulting to it. Teri was a science major, so I’m pretty sure she’s a linear thinker, believing there are *always* “right or wrong” grammatical options.

  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kpmom
10 minutes ago, Hane said:

I’m about Teri’s age. When we were in school, using “he/him/his” as the indefinite personal pronoun was drummed into our heads, so much that I still have trouble not defaulting to it. Teri was a science major, so I’m pretty sure she’s a linear thinker, believing there are *always* “right or wrong” grammatical options.

I'm just a little younger than Teri, and you're right, that's how we were taught.  Along with "mankind", "family of man", etc.

I was a budding little feminist before I knew the meaning of the word feminist, and that always drove me crazy.

I'm hoping whoever first steps foot on Mars says it's one giant leap for humankind.

Times change, language changes. You can too, Teri.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lady Grass Lake
3 hours ago, Austrian Atheist said:

Our family enjoys soup year round. For most of my married life, I made soup from a recipe. Then my daughter, Anna, introduced me to making soup with a general plan but not specifics. Isn’t it great when our children become our teachers?

Terri has had experience in cooking soup for a big family of at least ten eaters for decades - and she seems to be amazed that this task is possible without a recipe. Come on Terri, it is soup - not rocket since! 

My Mother in Law has been baking homemade bread for 60 years.  She insists it's the only kind of bread my Father in Law will eat.   She refers to the recipe card she has hand written in her little box of recipes every time she makes bread.  You would think after all this time, she would have memorized how much flour, water, salt, sugar and yeast to put in the mixture, but she can't make it without the recipe.   They spend the winter in Florida as we live in a northern state, and my son has started driving with them on the trips down and back because they are in their late 80's.   The travellers make a stop every year at a family member's home in Georgia for a weekend stop.   Cousin asked for homemade bread and Mother in Law said she didn't have her recipe handy, so Son, who also bakes bread said that's okay, I'll do it.   Grandma watched amazed that he remembered the ingredients from memory and that it actually turned out great, except that her ego took a bruising because he got all the praise and not her.     She guards her recipes like a pit bull.  At their winter RV resort, someone asked for a recipe for sour cream mashed potatoes, Mother In Law said I don't have time to write it down, you'll have to do it yourself, and went to look for paper and pencil.  Lady said, I don't need to, grabbed her cell phone and took a picture of the 3 x 5 card the recipe was on.    Son said the look on his Grandmother's face was hilarious.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.