• Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Maxwell 44: Must We Permit Mephistopheles and Beelzebub to Perform Financial and Performance Audits

allyisyourpally5
23 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I think they even mentioned a family who didn’t own their house outright on the blog once... this family were using the principles of being debt-free anyway, or something. The Maxwell sons did have it pretty easy, living in such a cheap housing area anyway. 

I remember someone commenting on one of the debt free posts about wishing it was possible for their sons, but they live on an area where the average cost of a home is at least $300k odd or something as high. Steve’s response, obviously not a sympathetic acknowledgement, just a “harder, but certainly not impossible”.

Cheap housing makes it easier. Buying off of the family (Christopher) also makes it easier (likely to get a much better deal). Self employed brother (and hardly working sisters)  keep labour costs down significantly, and having Daddy on the books of your businesses (its pretty obvious Steve had a hand in starting the businesses ) also makes life a lot easier. This is what the Maxwells don’t get - not everyone is in the same situation. 
I will let the Maxwell “kids” off a bit on this though - because they grew up Maxwell. Sheesh, what a life. 

I also remember the One Ton Ramp or whatever it was payment plan. There was a cash option to put a certain amount in an envelope each month until you could afford it. Patronising as hell. 

How are those bed bugs Maxwells?

Jana814

I live in Northern New Jersey. It’s very hard in my area to buy a house debt free. The houses in my area are not cheap. I know a few people who brought the homes they grew up in. One of them would have never been able to afford a house in the area if she hadn’t brought her mother’s house. 

Edited by Jana814

Giraffe
7 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

It’s very hard in my area to buy a house debt free. The houses in my area are not cheep...

It’s not lost on me that two of the people (JB Duggar and Steve Maxwell) who are adamant about buying houses debt free live in areas of the country with low costs of living. In my area the only people who buy debt free are either large corporations or the 1%. If JB and Steve lived in expensive areas they’d probably change their tune real fast. 

sparkles
38 minutes ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

<snip> I also remember the One Ton Ramp or whatever it was payment plan. There was a cash option to put a certain amount in an envelope each month until you could afford it. Patronising as hell. 

This is what I remember as well. I don't ever recall them saying you should pay off a credit card purchase in installments, not for One Ton Ramp or anything else. Obviously they accept them (or so I'm assuming because I can't see how you could run an internet-based business without them) and I would also guess they use them but pay off the balance each month, which is what I do, but I can't seem them telling someone outright to incur credit card debt.