IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

samurai_sarah

On 7/30/2021 at 8:12 PM, Xan said:

Here's the latest:

Reveal hidden contents

2033448717_Screenshot(5677).png.7a0a79f778d3137d6e8e39fa182983f6.png416403737_Screenshot(5679).png.84ee660b1ac6228f042246ebe8563556.png

I'm not sure how readable it is.  Summary:  John thanked everyone for their support and prayers.  He got more printing equipment and wants to start a radio broadcasting program now.  (Yikes!  No.  Just, no.)  There are several men who he's coerced into helping with the ministry and delivering his tracts.  (At one point, he calls them "tracks".)  And his dad found a new associate pastor for the church back home.  I guess he conned this guy into doing the real work and the preaching while Dad gets to keep his hands on the incoming money.  The good news is that Nehemiah hasn't had a seizure in about a year.  

Also, John has a short video.  They're in a partial lockdown because of Covid and they can only meet for one hour and just twice a week.  Before Covid, he had about 150 people that came from 5 different routes that they drove.  Now, they've got about 100 who come without John picking them up.    Some guy got saved and died 41 days later.  John pats himself on the back for saving the man's soul before he crossed over.  

I firmly believe that he still has that many people coming because the sermons are now shorter and maybe there just isn't a lot to do around there.  John, of course, thinks that people are "hungry for the truth" about Jesus.  

Reveal hidden contents

1707127278_Screenshot(5674).png.3a5a1c44aac6bd8f95ffc25f6246d117.png

Wow, just wow on the prayer letter. Hopefully the kids have been getting good care packages.

• Upvote 4

On 5/3/2021 at 9:43 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

I think the Lockwoods have been able to launch their adult children because they let go of the reigns a bit.

True, and both Jaynee and Daniel graduated from Jesus colleges, so it's not a stretch for the kids to do that as well. It may also be a way for the kids to find appropriate spouses. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

John's been out god bothering people again and went to a funeral. It was the wife of the man John "brought to christ" who then died 41 days later. Here's some recent posts. (under spoilers because they're lengthy.)

From Aug 8

Spoiler

Please pray with us for the Biblical Salvation of Ian (left, from Copperbelt Province) and Alan (from Kafue).

Though separated by roughly 250 miles, God allowed me to spend about 5 hours with Ian in Ndola Wed. night from about 8:30 pm to 01:30 am, and also a second meeting with Alan for over 3 hours yesterday in Kafue.

We ( Esther & I ) were up in the Copperbelt for the funeral and burial of a dear friend (more about that in the next post), and then the Lord gave an opportunity to connect with a pastor friend that attended our very first "Thy Word Is Truth Conference" in May of 2019.

This Zambian Pastor invited me to do a couple of days of training at his church, where he has been for 16 years, and has been the Senior Pastor for the last 12.

We were planning to stay somewhere that someone had recommended, but when we arrived we found the place run down and neglected, so we found a nearby place that was actually cheaper, but clean enough and workable.

I walked in Tue evening to confirm that it was such, and before I could even give a tract or John & Romans to the night desk attendant (Ian), he looked at me and bluntly stated, "I need to ask you a question about the Gospel."

You can imagine my excitement friends!

We made an appointment for the next evening, after spending the day with my Zambian Pastor friend, his Associate Pastor and some of his men, as well as some friends he had invited. I started the witnessing with Ian at 8:30 pm (that's 20:30 for my African friends!).

Praise God for the 5 hours we got to spend together. May God bring true "godly sorrow" to Ian's heart.

Alan saw the sign on one of our vehicles in Kafue, got the number, and called me. We met the first time for several hours over a week ago, and again for more than 3 more yesterday.

Thanks for praying with us for the True Salvation of these dear men. Only God can bring conviction over sin, and save an Eternal Soul.

For Christ's Increase,

js

Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa

13494117_20210808.jpg.d02c477b9d3a974205dec339891a6834.jpg

Another From Aug 8. There are pictures from a funeral but I've blocked out the deceased woman's face. 

Spoiler

A Personal Testimony of Ordered Steps & Manifold Grace in Ministry

The sweet family in the first picture has lost their dad (Bro. Michael, who I was privileged to lead to Christ 4 years ago, then he passed away 41 days later), and now their mom, Bridget, who died of cancer this past Friday, 30th July. The two small children in the picture were theirs, little James and Maureen (the older boy is a relative).

We have been ministering to Bridget for months as she has been so sick, even so far away, and knew that day was coming, but it was still sad news when we heard.

We finished our ministry here in Kafue last Sunday evening, then packed to head North to the Copperbelt. The Trailer the Lord provided and made a way to get licensed has been such a help, time after time, and we loaded our small awning, 25 chairs, a sound system, the accordian, Gospel materials, our needed clothes, etc, and things for camping. I finished packing after midnight (24), and got a few hours sleep before Esther and I left Kafue just after 07 am last Monday morning.

We had several delays, and the roads are terrible at quite a few points. We took the main North/South Highway that runs through Zambia. There are literally ruts pushed down into the asphalt two lane road [see last pic, and that's not the worst. The worst you are white-knuckling with both hands on the steering wheel at points, as the ruts were mostly made by large trucks, and don't always fit your tires!]. We finally made it safely to Kalalushi by the Grace of God by almost 7 pm (19:00). It's less than 300 miles, but travel here is NOT what is "normal" back in the States, to be sure!

We had some issues to deal with after getting there, won't go into all the details on that, but we slept at the house of mourning, albeit in a tent, again getting to bed after Midnight for the second night in a row. I am so blessed to have a wife that will sleep in a tent in extremely cold "winter" weather (for Zambia). She wisely put a heavy blanket over her sleeping bag, whereas I was so tired I forget to put mine in the same manner, so I woke up quite cold at 04:30 am. I truly DON'T deserve her, and she serves the Lord here so joyfully. It amazes me that some crazy people think she is either: A) forced or brainwashed to serve alongside me, but we truly LOVE living and serving our Lord here together with our family. Truly, there is no better place to be than in the Center of God's Perfect Will and Calling for one's life!

We had a very full day of preparing, setting up the awning, chairs, and battery sound system at the graveyard, then providing the transportation using our trailer from the Hospital morgue to the graveyard as well. Basically, we provide many of the "services" here that a "funeral home" in the States does.

My friend Pastor Munkanta translated for me (we met about 6 years ago, and he was at our first "Thy Word Is Truth Conference" in 2019). He came about 1.5 hours from Ndola to assist me. I was so grateful for his help.

Esther shared a tribute, and we buried our friend. It was heartbreaking to see the precious children kneel at a grave for a second time in just 4 years, now burying their mom. Please pray for these children, that they come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their personal Saviour, and that they serve Him with their lives. Esther and I will stay involved even though so far away. Thankfully, their Aunt and her son Stanley know and fear the Lord.

After preaching, burying, playing the accordian and singing, giving everyone John & Romans with Gospel tracts, packing everything back up, going back to the "House of Mourning" and finishing there, Esther and I then went to Ndola that evening.

We had asked for a recommendation from someone that lived there for an affordable place to stay. They found and recommend a place online that was surprisingly cheap based on the pictures posted on the internet, and we found out why upon getting there, but truly "...all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose." (Rom. 8:28)

We arrived at the place we intended to stay at, but it's NOT a good sign when one of the employees looks at you skeptically and says, "Don't you want to see the rooms first, if they are acceptable?" Lol, that was a "red flag" to be sure! (Turns out that the pics online were from many years ago. Hmmm... so that's why a place that looks that nice is that cheap. Mystery solved.)

It was run down, cracking, decaying, falling apart...let's just say we didn't even need to see the rooms, so after giving the workers John & Romans and tracts, we headed back up the street. We had passed another place that looked decent, and it actually turned out to be even cheaper! It was worn but clean, and even had a hot shower!!

I've already shared in the previous post of the "Divine Encounter" the Lord orchestrated with Ian, the night guy at the SECOND place, and it was such a blessing sharing the Glorious Gospel of Christ with him the next night for 5 hours!

We got some rest, then I went to my Pastor friend's church for the day on Wednesday. He had invited some other friends in the ministry along with the men at the church. I started with going through I Thessalonians 5:21, and encouraged them to follow what it says, and "prove (test, examine, scrutinize) ALL things..." including everything I had to say, and to use the Word of God to test it all!

That night, I finally laid down to sleep around 02:00 am after witnessing to Ian, got a few hours of sleep, back up again Thursday, back to the Church where we had a wonderful and blessed time with the men.

I taught most of the day on Thursday, and by the time I got back to the little room my wagon was draggin', to use a good Southern phrase.

The Lord gave rest, and then we made the drive back home on Friday.

Saturday was meeting with Alan in the morning to the early afternoon still going through the Gospel of Christ with him, then our church Men's and Women's Prayer Meeting, where I (hang head in shame) dozed off for about 30 sec. before I realized it was time for me to close in prayer (embarrassing, but I was truly that exhausted).

The Lord gave GREAT Grace to preach His Eternal and Preserved Word today, and we had around 120 dear Souls there, again WITHOUT running the 5 routes we usually do, but have had to stop for the last month and a half due to some current restrictions we are under. We saw SPECIFIC answers to prayer even today, and though the Enemy of our Souls is seeking to discourage, and the Spiritual Warefare is intense, we are seeking Christ's Increase, God's Glory, and to stay faithful by the Manifold Grace of God with His empowerment alone.

All in all, it was an exhausting week, but we are praising the Lord for being able to touch Lives and preach and witness to Eternal Souls.

The older children took care of the house, the youngers, and did a wonderful job all week since both dad AND mom were gone. Enoch will be 19 in January, and Alatheia is 17 going on 25 (lol). The other "olders" like Timothy, Nehemiah and Agape also were a great help. Our children bless our hearts beyond measure.

We, as your Missionaries, are humbled to represent the Cause of Christ on many of your behalf here in Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa. To God be all Praise, Honor and Glory alone.

Thank you so much for your faithful Prayers to all.

(also, kudos to those who persevered all the way to the end of this "book" length post. It is, after all, called "FaceBook"! Those that know me best know I'm quite literal. If you choose to respond, maybe use the word "book" in some way to let me know you made it this far! Sure appreciate y'all, dear friends).

Bro. John for Esther, the Children, and the Work of the Lord here in Zambia (and beyond as the Lord allows)

II Timothy 2:2

Rick-Jodi Shrader, Jodi Shrader

1058190349_202108082.jpg.12f6b49dc98e73a30368b2d124571f6e.jpg

And one more from yesterday about recent elections in Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa, and beyond. 

Spoiler

As you pillow your heads, dear friends, we humbly ask you to pray for peace, safety and calm here in Zambia.

The Country has concluded it's National Elections, including for President.

Tensions are high for some, since the Opposition Party Candidate has run now six times.

The vast Majority of Zambians are peace loving people, but things have gotten very challenging here in Zambia, just as almost the entire world has been negatively affected by the events of our times.

Credible reports have at least two being killed in different parts of the country and another stabbed in the Capitol, where we many times go to shop. Also false accusations have led to beatings and violence which have left some in critical condition.

Thankfully, there have been no reports of direct violence in our immediate area to our knowledge, but where we live is on the Border of a Province that strongly supports the "Opposition Party" Candidate, so Kafue is closely split with support between their Candidate and the "Ruling Party" Candidate, who is the current President.

From the reports, the news (live steamed on this platform), and the overall back and forth, we see many are very tense.

The military has been deployed for weeks, they and the police are on high alert, and we have even seen massive Riot Vehicles appear (see pic and clips from ZNBC, one of the news organizations here in Zambia) which we have never seen before, but ultimately, God is in Control!

His Word does clearly instruct that to look ahead for evil, and hide oneselves, is "prudent" (Prov. 22:3). The same Book of Wisdom in chapter 21 (v. 31) also instructs us to "prepare" ourselves, but ultimately that "...safety is of the Lord."

We thank you for your prayers for our beloved Zambia, her precious Peoples which we deeply desire to come to the full Biblical knowledge and possession of Scriptural Salvation, and for our family and the people we are directly ministering to, and with, at this time.

The next few days especially could be very critical, as they announce the election results.

Thank you dear Prayer Partners.

Bro. John for Sister Esther and the family

Rick-Jodi Shrader

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 11

Wow. He can’t even finish the b) part of why people are confused about Esther. Really focused on those godly women I. Your life, eh, Johnny boy?

• Upvote 9

Once again humble brag claptrap. Oh my he is exhausted. Waffle waffle waffle oh but he was exhausted.  Esther must be truly exhausted. Married to an utter idiot, pregnant for years, umpteen ‘youngers’ to look after as well his holiness. No family nearby to help out when she truly and with good reason has to have been exhausted keeping the trailer tent and church basements they lived as comfortable possible for her children.   He dragged her off to Zambia whilst she was pregnant in 2014. They arrived with no accommodation sorted. John is too super speshul to do that. Living in the hotel for a few days was possibly the most restful experience Esther had had for years. He is so totally ignorant, big headed, proud and bloody stupid. 
rant over. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

It’s been six weeks since he posted about having the worst flu (Covid?) ever.  So curious if it was ever diagnosed.  If he passed it around the family, I bet they are all exhausted.  I wonder if Esther ever gets a break.  Ha! 

• Upvote 7

I just can't get over his dad's name apparently being Rick-Jodi. I know it's a Facebook shared-account thing, but it seriously looks like he's referencing his parents, Rick-Jodi and Jodi [second quoted excerpt above]. Then again, John-boy himself posts as John Esther. Weird choice for people obsessed with strict gender norms, but then, pretty much all of their choices are weird.

It reminds me of when I was in eighth grade and we had this stupid health class assignment to carry around an egg for a week to teach us that we didn't want to be parents or something. I named mine Danielle Xavier for reasons unknown even to me.

All countries should be referred to with their continent and region therein. Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa. South Korea, Southeast Asia. France, Western Europe. United States of America, central North America. It's educational! I mean, there can't be any reason for constantly re-iterating that he's in AFRICA (sorry, SUB-SAHARAN AFRICA) other than describing the location for their fellow homeschooled cultists who have never heard of Zambia, right? Right?

Which reminds me of a conversation my mom reportedly had with a friend of hers when I first went to South Africa in grad school:

Mom: K'Z'K is going to South Africa! Friend: What country? Mom: South Africa. Friend: What country? Mom: South Africa. [eventually mom reminded her that South Africa is a country in southern Sub-Saharan Africa.]

Edited by K'Z'K
posted too soon
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, K'Z'K said:

I just can't get over his dad's name apparently being Rick-Jodi. I know it's a Facebook shared-account thing, but it seriously looks like he's referencing his parents, Rick-Jodi and Jodi [second quoted excerpt above]. Then again, John-boy himself posts as John Esther. Weird choice for people obsessed with strict gender norms, but then, pretty much all of their choices are weird.

Facebook doesn't allow joint accounts but the way some people get by with that is to just post both names as one entity.  Rules?  Fundies don't need no stinkin' rules!

I think a lot of fundies do this so they can be sure that there are no separate lives for husbands and wives.  Everything has to be joint.  Women, particularly, can't have an account that isn't accessible to the husband.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

What an irritating twit John is. Shoving tracts at people who didn’t ask for them and feeling superior about it. He wants endless praise for carrying on while exhausted and even though he called Esther wise for her extra blanket I think he was pissed off she didn’t wake up and realize he was cold and either give up her blanket or find one for him. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

On 8/15/2021 at 3:42 AM, NoneIsEnough said:

The older children took care of the house, the youngers, and did a wonderful job all week since both dad AND mom were gone. Enoch will be 19 in January, and Alatheia is 17 going on 25 (lol).

That is sad on a number of levels. Alatheia has been trained for one role, and she has learned it well.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like John might be in a spot of bother with some locals again. Of course he doesn't get specific, but includes his beloved alliteration.  (bolding mine)

Spoiler

I'll never tire of this pic of our Isaiah.

May it remind you that we are humbly asking you to pray the same requests that Paul asked for in 2 Thess. 3:1,2:

"Finally, brethren, pray for us,...

(1) ...that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:

(2) And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith."

Would you Please Pray for God's Preserved Word to go forth Powerfully without restriction, have the Preeminence in our Proclamation, and then also to have Protection from the Pressures and Persecutions of those that could be a Problem and possibly impede spiritual Progress here.

Such Prayers would be truly Precious to our hearts, and for which we would Praise the Living God of Heaven, as well as Profess our Profound gratitude to those who would Plead before the Throne of Grace on our behalf.

Thank you dear Prayer Partners,

Bro. John Shrader for the Family & Ministry

Zambia

Sub-Saharan Africa

240823338_10218964774260544_4718190441699701807_n.jpg.7768227db2ea5c8cecbe41d7905a3759.jpg

Edited by NoneIsEnough
  • Thank You 7

• 3 weeks later...

John is vaguebooking. I'm not sure what issue he's done his research on but he wants people to contact him directly to discuss it.

Spoiler

1726275909_Screenshot_20210912-213938_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.de0cf4ece5d3f360f033d1e3a5ea642c.jpg

1323966053_Screenshot_20210912-213951_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a12f91b76519f2821b0c12df629d9a97.jpg

927766301_Screenshot_20210912-214044_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.33df188680941baa07f4bc46702d697e.jpg

Hoping he's gotten the family vaccinated, but honestly, who knows.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 5

5 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

John is vaguebooking. I'm not sure what issue he's done his research on but he wants people to contact him directly to discuss it.

Hide contents

1726275909_Screenshot_20210912-213938_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.de0cf4ece5d3f360f033d1e3a5ea642c.jpg

1323966053_Screenshot_20210912-213951_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.a12f91b76519f2821b0c12df629d9a97.jpg

927766301_Screenshot_20210912-214044_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.33df188680941baa07f4bc46702d697e.jpg

Hoping he's gotten the family vaccinated, but honestly, who knows.

I think he is an anti-vaxxer, but doesn't want to put up a public post about it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

If John is an anti-vaxxer then please let this be the hill he dies on. Rufus please make the authorities finally tire of him and boot him out of Zambia ASAP. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

If he's the one who posted the nazi pic with "OBEY" on it, I'm thinking he's got to be anti-vaxx. Also the talk about seeking out the counsel of some of the worlds most published...blah...blah...blah... kind of sounds a  lot like "I've done my OWN research!"

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Yeah those were pretty much my thoughts too... but I was hoping that he was refusing to engage because he and the eligible members of his family were vaccinated and he didn't want to risk losing support money from the anti-vaxxers in his sending church. It will get interesting if Zambia starts mandating vaccines for things like visas. 

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 5

Just realized, it was Stephen's 7th birthday this past Friday. I'm sure there was no mention. 

Esther was still pregnant with Stephen when they moved to Zambia. Hard to imagine it's been just over 7 years now. 

Of course, nothing for John to show for it. Almost everything he's done has failed. I wonder what his sponsors really think about him and the lack of real progress. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

John is the only member of his family to ever truly (/s) require western medical care. We saw that with his very expensive back surgery/vacation.

Remember that he and Esther diligently researched The One Secret Cure to Epilepsy That Doctors Don’t Want You to Know About to “cure” Nemeiah’s apparently very severe seizures.

Colloidal silver is a family remedy.

And remember that time back when John deemed Esther worthy Of access to social media? She was blaming going past her due date (which she’d likely calculated herself or with the help of a midwife, likely also eschewing ultrasounds for better dating) on the radiation from the sky due to Japan’s tragic nuclear fiasco.
THAT explained why she was overdue. 
If John has “researched” and decided to vaccinate, someone please send me a hat. I’ll eat it.

Edited by apandaaries
Autocorrect shall be the death of me, alas.
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, apandaaries said:

John is the only member of his family to ever truly (/s) require western medical care. We saw that with his very expensive back surgery/vacation.

Remember that he and Esther diligently researched The One Secret Cure to Epilepsy That Doctors Don’t Want You to Know About to “cure” Nemeiah’s apparently very severe seizures.

Colloidal silver is a family remedy.

And remember that time back when John deemed Esther worthy Of access to social media? She was blaming going past her due date (which she’d likely calculated herself or with the help of a midwife, likely also eschewing ultrasounds for better dating) on the radiation from the sky due to Japan’s tragic nuclear fiasco.
THAT explained why she was overdue. 
If John has “researched” and decided to vaccinate, someone please send me a hat. I’ll eat it.

No hat eating required, Johnny is promoting ivermectin on his page. What a surprise! (NOT!)

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 8

9 minutes ago, NoneIsEnough said:

No hat eating required, Johnny is promoting ivermectin on his page. What a surprise! (NOT!)

I notice that he's doubled down and posted a second anti-vax statement.  (I see just now that he hid the first one that he posted.)  I only hope that he gets into trouble in Zambia for this.  Once the vaccine is more widely available, it's possible that the Zambian government will insist.  Let's see what Johnny does then...

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Would he have been required to get any vaccines when moving to Zambia, I wonder?

I'm guessing not or he probably would have 'had a burden' for some other country that didn't require vaccines. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic