IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

samurai_sarah

31 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Is John still in Texas?

He preached in his dad's church on Sunday.  They live-streamed it.   Rick spoke at the service and mentioned during the prayer that he was grateful that John had been able to be there to help in Texas and that he was also grateful that John was going to be able to go home.  I guess Rick has recovered sufficiently that he no longer feels that it's necessary to have John there to prevent some takeover by another pastor.

John played the piano for the hymns.  He did the overblown, flowery sort of stuff that we see from the fundies.  As far a piano goes, I think they have all decided "more is better".

The audio for the sermon wasn't synched correctly and it's hard to watch.  I listened long enough to hear John say that he was headed back to Zambia "tomorrow" which would have been Monday so I suppose he's already back home.

Spoiler

1053698483_Screenshot(2331).thumb.png.f1be8cc87cd1ac374ba9f4472e021162.png582279619_Screenshot(2332).thumb.png.f79ca0c5370b4b62afddbcf0887d3664.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 8

3 hours ago, Xan said:

He preached in his dad's church on Sunday.  They live-streamed it.   Rick spoke at the service and mentioned during the prayer that he was grateful that John had been able to be there to help in Texas and that he was also grateful that John was going to be able to go home.  I guess Rick has recovered sufficiently that he no longer feels that it's necessary to have John there to prevent some takeover by another pastor.

John played the piano for the hymns.  He did the overblown, flowery sort of stuff that we see from the fundies.  As far a piano goes, I think they have all decided "more is better".

The audio for the sermon wasn't synched correctly and it's hard to watch.  I listened long enough to hear John say that he was headed back to Zambia "tomorrow" which would have been Monday so I suppose he's already back home.

Reveal hidden contents

1053698483_Screenshot(2331).thumb.png.f1be8cc87cd1ac374ba9f4472e021162.png582279619_Screenshot(2332).thumb.png.f79ca0c5370b4b62afddbcf0887d3664.png

John looks very much like a living breathing caricature of an snake oil salesman from a  1950’s TV show. John is in colour not black and white though. 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

John looks very much like a living breathing caricature of an snake oil salesman from a  1950’s TV show. John is in colour not black and white though. 

It's the hair.  I thought that too.  One doesn't see the short, slicked-down hair with a severe part anymore.  It's like he crawled out of the 50's.  

I do think he would have been a great snake-oil salesman.  He likes to talk and he's fine with pulling up stakes and moving on.  If he could've worked Jesus into his patter, it would have been a perfect fit.

• Upvote 8

I’m surprised he’s left Esther and the kids for so long. I wonder if the kids and Esther are enjoying the break from him. My guess is they have mixed feelings when he’s away. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

John finally posted again on Facebook.  He's back in Zambia and is planning to give us a big update soon on the ministry there.

He says that his mom and dad both got the coronavirus and his dad ended up being in the hospital for 12 days with blood clots in his lungs and legs.  They called John to come back home and handle the church work (and, I suppose, be there in case Rick took a turn for the worse).  Also, John mentions that "that our church had gone through some very trying and difficult circumstances this past year, and my desire was also to seek to encourage the hearts of the faithful Saints there in any way possible."  Translation:  The church still hadn't recovered from Rick firing the last pastor and he was afraid it would be taken out of his control if he went missing for too long.

John mentions that he preached different "series" and you can tell that he thinks he's a very profound religious thinker.  He bragged that he  taught a 4-week course to the church while in Texas -- "The Gospel of Christ and how it Reveals The Righteousness of God". John had trouble sleeping while there and spent some time adding in sermons to other Baptist churches in the area.  He complains that Americans won't sit still for long sermons like they do in Africa so he's had to shorten his messages.  Methinks John is in another manic phase.

While in Texas, he met with a man who might be able to help at his dad's church.  I don't think Rick is in excellent health and, particularly since Covid, he wants someone to handle the preaching and visiting while he still handles the money.  John made sure to refer several times to Tri-County as the "sending church".  (Notice that Rick didn't try to keep Johnny there in Texas.  Rick wants him safely at a distance so he doesn't run Rick's church into the ground.)

John also met with some Hispanic Baptist Churches and one of them gave him a substantial love offering.  I'm sure he hinted around enough about his wants and needs without specifically asking for money.  He's such a good grifter.

He was in America for five weeks and his family and the Zambians managed very well without him.  Oh, John.  That ought to tell you about how necessary you are in Kafue.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 17

1 hour ago, Xan said:

He complains that Americans won't sit still for long sermons like they do in Africa so he's had to shorten his messages.

I hadn't 'til now put multi-hour sermons in Africa and manic phase together, but there ya go. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

So now the mutation of COVID from Texas will  be introduced to Karfue because this giant twatwaffle will have brought whatever strain is going through Texas back with him and didn’t bother quarantine for Two weeks on his return ?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 8
  • I Agree 4

Of course it’s the fault of Americans that they won’t listen to long sermons by John. If the subject is interesting and thought provoking people will sit and pay attention. John is not capable of being either but rather than trying to enrich his message he blames them rather than himself. Typical.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

John blethers and blathers. Who would want to sit through that. He appears to think more is better. A short meaningful sermon is far better than johns meandering , loves the sound of his own voice ranting. I’m betting that there is a constant murmuring of locals catching up with news and gossip after the first 15 minutes or so. John won’t notice it due to being so enraptured by his own voice shreiking out into the Bush. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Well, we know John won't do the right thing on the return trip back to Kafue.  He should be quarantined from his congregants and family for two weeks before returning to conduct services.  But, he doesn't care.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

On 12/16/2020 at 8:21 AM, Botkinetti said:

Of course it’s the fault of Americans that they won’t listen to long sermons by John. If the subject is interesting and thought provoking people will sit and pay attention. John is not capable of being either but rather than trying to enrich his message he blames them rather than himself. Typical.

No one wants to listen to a three hour sermon. Any decent speaker can condense it down into a manageable length.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

John has a new post up.  God has blessed him with a trailer for his vehicle.  He says that the man worked for 6 months to make it and helped get it wired up as far as turn signals, etc. and helped to get it registered.   He didn't want to be paid.  On another line, he mentions that it was "sent to us by my father".  Maybe Rick paid for it originally but the guy built up from the base.  Who knows?  John is an enigma.  "There was much rejoicing in the Shrader household this day over seeing the Lord answer this prayer..."  Yeah, John.  You made your poor wife and kids celebrate over a trailer that you'll use while you're on the road delivering pamphlets to people who never asked for them.  Meanwhile, they have to carry on living in Kafue and doing without because you are out playing Great White Savior.  I'm unimpressed.

Trailer:  (I edited out the license plate number.)

Spoiler

332035963_Screenshot(2434).png.d2c2674a7a856bee46c96ecf65a4d66a.png

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 9

I seem to recall a trailer that was sent from Texas in a shipping container from some lady that donated it? Am I making that up? Anyone else remember?

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

I seem to recall a trailer that was sent from Texas in a shipping container from some lady that donated it? Am I making that up? Anyone else remember?

I don't remember it but that makes perfect sense.  John said the guy had been working on the trailer for months.  Maybe assembly was required.  I wondered if it was just a basic trailer with not much more than wheels and the guy built it up.  I guess, seeing as how John did manage to get a plane once, I'm glad that all he got donated this time was a trailer.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

John's posted an update, most of which looks to be photos of a service (fortunately under shelter given it looks warm). Looks like about 40ish people there. Most of it is John going on about his successes after the traumatic start to the year when one of his disciples "showed his true nature" and "resulted in yet another church discipline situation when he refused to hear the Church."

You know if this keeps happening John the problem may not in fact be with the disciples.

They have two "Saved, Scripturally baptised couples as church members" - uh, what is that exactly? Is that a "not going in the river with the crocodiles to do full immersion" situation?

They also have 7 new members that they baptised (apparently literally rather than Scripturally?) three months ago, so I guess that's 11 current definite members? Wonder how long that will last... I probably shouldn't take bets.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 10

John cannot discipline anyone. He has no authority whatsoever  to discipline another human being other than perhaps, in the correct circumstances, his children. No wonder he cannot keep a congregation. Grown adults are not going to attend John’s  toy church and accept bring yelled at by the interloping white saviour. Zambia gained independence years ago. Colonialism is an evil concept, thankfully dying out. ( Sadly not fast enough). People of Johns ilk are not well thought of in the African countries I have been lucky enough to visit. 

Edited by Gobsmacked
Duplicate word.
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

John Schrader looks like that fool of all fools Ernest Angley.

The first time Mr. Xan and I came across Ernest Angley on television, we thought it was a parody.  Sadly, it wasn't.  Ernest is still alive and is 99 years old now.  

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Grown adults are not going to attend John’s  toy church and accept bring yelled at by the interloping white saviour.

Well he has some adults attending voluntarily. And people will accept perceived authority for a while. The problem is that John firstly can't accept criticism, secondly can't accept advice, and thirdly is an ignorant idiot. He can't built a church because he has no basic understanding of how to win long term trust and respect from people, no humility, and no understanding that a church is its people, not the leader. There's a reason he grifts most successfully when he's on the other side of the planet - up close it becomes too obvious that he's a pompous ignorant git.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Well he has some adults attending voluntarily. And people will accept perceived authority for a while. The problem is that John firstly can't accept criticism, secondly can't accept advice, and thirdly is an ignorant idiot. He can't built a church because he has no basic understanding of how to win long term trust and respect from people, no humility, and no understanding that a church is its people, not the leader. There's a reason he grifts most successfully when he's on the other side of the planet - up close it becomes too obvious that he's a pompous ignorant git.

Spot on. 

4 hours ago, Xan said:

The first time Mr. Xan and I came across Ernest Angley on television, we thought it was a parody.  Sadly, it wasn't.  Ernest is still alive and is 99 years old now.  

I’ve just googled him. Crumbs!! I can understand why you thought that. I would have done so too. Never heard of him before. He must be related to Rudy Guliani somehow!!!! He could be Rudy’s older brother they look so alike. John is their love child. :confused2::cracking-up:

• Haha 6

John posted this on his public Facebook page:

2019147097_Screenshot(2766).png.76c6443edf1598be2c36e17ad7fb932e.png

Yikes.  Those poor young men stuck with John preaching at them for six hours.  I'm sure they'd agree to believe in anything just to get away from him.

John continues to his manic phase.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

John has posted a quote and photo of Charles Spurgeon ("the prince of preachers" according to the FB group it's from). The quote is about the world not being a Christian's friend, but the photo... Why did no one tell me that Spurgeon looks like an otter??

Spoiler

120265636_10157758089067374_5068457336738885952_n.jpg.a8e066e5596a682825ccc90b57c38203.jpg

otter.jpg.24500dadca578f10d0ba16bbc74b329a.jpg

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic