• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
samurai_sarah

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

Howl
19 hours ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I can't see him ever having a normal job or a job in which he had to answer to someone else.  He just couldn't make it.

"We" (i.e., me) at fj have informally diagnosed John as having some sort of manic-depressive cycle.  According to a few of his followers from early on,  he can get extremely ugly and mean when crossed or challenged.  

There are likely congregants at Tri-County Baptist who recall John as a teen and young adult and know exactly what he's all about.  Wouldn't there would be some immediate and emphatic blow back were Rick to try to institute John as a lead pastor?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

formergothardite
19 hours ago, NoKidsAndCounting said:

I can't see him ever having a normal job or a job in which he had to answer to someone else.  He just couldn't make it.

His attempts at a normal job had him dramatically ranting because they dared to play modern Christian music. It also seemed like he made all his co-workers hate him. I bet working with John was the worst. 

I do think John is heading towards trouble, though, because he has already attempted to be the assistant pastor at his dad's church and didn't stay in the position that long. He also was a pastor of his own church but didn't appear to be happy doing the job. If John comes back to take over his father's church, I don't see it going very well. And once his dad is unable to rally to the troops to ship his son off on a new Great White Adventure, John is going to be up a creek without a paddle. 

In other news David Rea seems to still be a total asshole on FB. He dares to complain about liberals having moral relativism all while being a rabid Trump supporter who claims Biden is stealing the election. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

apandaaries

John only seems capable of accepting his father’s opinion. Part of that appears to be him saving his own butt with finances, but I also suspect his dad is glad one kid stayed in the fold, problematic as he is. 
But John would be an even bigger problem in the states. He’s already shown us that. And being in sub Saharan scary Africa feeds his savior complex, which waxed and waned depending on his psyche. 
Honestly, John is best kept contained where he can do the least harm. Anyone know of an uninhabited island out there? Maybe someone could trick him into believing there were lost souls out there, and that Esther and the kids needed to stay in Texas while he embarked on a dangerous mission. Shoot, maybe he could fly himself there! /s 😂 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

Pleiades_06
On 11/11/2020 at 8:15 AM, Xan said:

Why was Rick back in church?  Is he sure that he's no longer spreading germs?  A

He sounded awful-like he couldn’t catch his breath. 

Howl
15 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

He sounded awful-like he couldn’t catch his breath.

No matter how you parse this, it isn't good. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

Howl

I sense it's just a matter of time before John contracts Covid.  Then what?  His (pregnant?) wife and 12 bazillion children are carrying on in Africa, with presumably his epileptic son as the patriarch in charge.  I truly hope that they will have sufficient funds to carry on if  Bro. John is incapacitated for a long period of time. 

This also makes me wonder if John had to leave Zambia expediently for some reason and caring for his ill parents was just an excuse. 

Who is paying for all the plane fares?  First Esther and kids, then John.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

PennySycamore

@apandaaries,  I've been looking for a desert isle for Tweetie Amin, family and sycophants, but unfortunately, St Helena is populated now.  Some place like that would be perfect though.  If only we could find two such islands.

Ozlsn

Is that new island that formed in 2015 inhabited?

17 hours ago, Howl said:

I sense it's just a matter of time before John contracts Covid.  Then what? 

Depends on how sick he gets - anything from silence to bad poetry is my guess.

Edited by Ozlsn

marmalade

Do we know how long he plans to be in the States?

VanillaBean

Has anyone heard from @Palimpsest? She was always in this thread,  and I loved her commentary.  I hope she's ok.

NoneIsEnough
13 hours ago, marmalade said:

Do we know how long he plans to be in the States?

I didn't listen to his ramblings at the church, but I thought someome else who did said he planned to be there for 2 (or a couple) months. 

He last posted on his page on Nov 4, and was preaching at the church by Nov 8, so I assume he traveled between then, unless he posted on his page from the states already. He talked about some travel and preaching he did around Zambia a few weeks prior. If he wasn't in the states on the 4th, and then preached on the 8th, that certainly isn't a 2 week quarantine. 

He hasn't said on his page that he is in the states, I wonder if he ever will. 

EmainMacha
18 hours ago, VanillaBean said:

Has anyone heard from @Palimpsest? She was always in this thread,  and I loved her commentary.  I hope she's ok.

I miss @Palimpsest too. I've been stalking checking her profile and I think she's logging on every so often but not commenting. Come back @Palimpsest! John is up to something!

gustava
15 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

I didn't listen to his ramblings at the church, but I thought someome else who did said he planned to be there for 2 (or a couple) months. 

He last posted on his page on Nov 4, and was preaching at the church by Nov 8, so I assume he traveled between then, unless he posted on his page from the states already. He talked about some travel and preaching he did around Zambia a few weeks prior. If he wasn't in the states on the 4th, and then preached on the 8th, that certainly isn't a 2 week quarantine. 

He hasn't said on his page that he is in the states, I wonder if he ever will. 

If he's out of Zambia for two months, what will happen to his "ministry."  Much less his family.  If he's here for a couple of months, I think he's going to stay....and bring his family back.

Gobsmacked
On 11/16/2020 at 8:33 AM, VanillaBean said:

I’m worried too. I was going to contact a mod to see if they know anything. 

Gobsmacked
1 hour ago, gustava said:

If he's out of Zambia for two months, what will happen to his "ministry."  Much less his family.  If he's here for a couple of months, I think he's going to stay....and bring his family back.

He is possibly testing the waters in tri county. Trying to work out what sort of welcome he would receive. His funds must be drying up. I cannot believe that the sheeples who fund him can afford to do so anymore given the current situation in the US. It boggles my mind if they are depriving their own families to send coppers to Johnny boy. 

NoneIsEnough
8 hours ago, gustava said:

Well his hymnal translations certainly aren't going to be finished 😂😂