IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, anjulibai said:

No new pregnancy in sight, thankfully. 

I thought she was recently announced as pregnant. Maybe I’m thinking Zsu. 

• Upvote 1

That's Zsu. She's due in June. 

Esther is about to turn 41, and while her mom gave birth at 43, hopefully Esther is done. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

On 3/13/2022 at 9:33 AM, anjulibai said:

Happy 18th to Alatheia (whose middle name may either be Joy or Grace, John has said both). I'm wondering how long it will be before she's married off. On the one hand, she's another mouth to feed, and thus take away from John. But on the other hand, she's probably a big help to Esther and John probably loves having an adoring daughter around. 

On another note, Sophia just turn 9 on the 6th, and the youngest, Joseph, turned 2 on the 8th. No new pregnancy in sight, thankfully. 

I have a feeling whatever it is will depend on how they can continue to con visas for their no longer minor children. Aren't the oldest boys enrolled at his joke of a Bible school or something? Did that trade school ever pan out for one of them?

And God forbid people join churches that feed them and assist with other basic needs. John seems to think MAGABabyJesus provides him with a fridge and beef jerky instead of just salvation but considers the locals heathen blasphemorours for wanting their basic needs met. Racist prick.  I hope his bribe money runs out and he gets in trouble for visa fraud. 

"Sub Sahara Africa" (just the use of that phrase isvsuper cringe) has a "Christ crisis" methinks they need less greedy hypocritical racist "missionaries" like John who does nothing but show all his worldly goods that MAGABabyJesus supposedly gives him but expects them to be content with a shitty tract, racist dogma and no material goods. The huge boom in anti LGBT violence and other fundie staples shows the damage all these fundie "missionaries" are doing across Africa, chosing the Christian part of the continent to camp out in, I guess following what they preach and trying to convert non Christians is beyond their capabilities.  All they're good at is talking about why other non IFB Christians make MAGABabyJesus cry.

The reason Esther probably says their names differently is because neither she or John know how to properly pronounce the sub Sahara African names they chose. 

Oh and to be more of a BIC his crappy letter makes 1990s Geocities fansites look like the pinnacle of graphic design. 

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, zee_four said:

The reason Esther probably says their names differently is because neither she or John know how to properly pronounce the sub Sahara African names they chose. 

Lol the name she couldn't pronounce was Isaiah! It was the usual pronunciation I-zAY-uh and then I-zEYE-uh. 

And totally agree with the rest of your post. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

• 1 month later...

It seems like forever since something has happened to them. Maybe others, seeing that there are TWO new posts!!!! will chime in with some information. One can only hope.

• Upvote 4

Well, ask and ye shall receive, and all that. 

John has posted their update letter. 

Highlights:

Esther is pregnant had her womb opened, due in October. Sigh. 

They got that plot of land they prayed about, and also $1000 for some parts for their washing machine

Some American (I assume) couple is selling their dream home to move to Zambia and join John's ministry. Wonder how long that will last. What ever happened to that one young (Canadian?) man who went over there, never to be heard about again. I haven't had a chance to look into them, but I don't immediately recognize their names. 

Copy of the prayer letter in the spoiler.

Spoiler

608089637_202205ShraderPrayerLetter.thumb.jpg.47b43858ccf140ffdb18058978f5726e.jpg

Edited by NoneIsEnough
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 13

Ugh, another "blessing". I wish Esther and the baby nothing but the best, but I hope this is their last. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 14

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I was really hoping her fertility would slow down in her 40s. Ugh.

Me too, but Suzette got pregnant at 40 and 42 (babies born when she was 41 and 43), so it's not entirely surprising that Esther is pregnant again. Esther does turn 41 next week. This is the longest time she's had between babies, at 31.3 months, so hopefully she will just run out the clock and not have another. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

Just what they don’t need - another baby. I hope all goes well. I also hope this is the end of the line. 

John, stop bragging about not asking for money. “Prayer requests” for specific items are effectively disguised begging. It’s like a little kid hinting for a specific toy from grandma. And ugh, the highlighting, underlining and font choices are as bad as Jill’s random all caps. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

What does he mean by praying about God’s will for a midwife? Are they considering an unassisted birth? I hope she chooses safety over “God’s will.”

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Hoping for a girl just because i enjoy the greek virtue naming theme they have going on and i am curious what they will choose next.

• I Agree 3

14 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

What does he mean by praying about God’s will for a midwife? Are they considering an unassisted birth? I hope she chooses safety over “God’s will.”

Bloody hell I sincerely hope she has a competent midwife present at the bare minimum, and hasn't decided something insanely stupid like her oldest daughter is old enough to assist. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

"Opened her womb" makes me want to vomit.   She laid back, closed her eyes, thought of "England"...and he fucked her.

Edited by gustava
clarity
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 4

• 5 weeks later...

John’s been asking for unspoken prayers for over a week… judging by the updates his followers aren’t praying hard enough because nothings happening.  . 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

The only good thing is John is not airborne.  He'd likely crash a plane with some of his older sons on board and that would be horrible.  He's got enough cars and trucks to get around.

Any speculation on where he is on the high highs/low lows emotional roller coaster?

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, Howl said:

Any speculation on where he is on the high highs/low lows emotional roller coaster?

I can't tell.  He doesn't seem to be very manic right now so maybe he's in a lull.  It's also possible that Esther isn't feeling well.  John only notices when John doesn't feel well but might not be inclined to complain as much if there's real stuff going on with Esther.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why John is doing the prayer request.  He says it's not about leaving Zambia.  I would guess that they need money for a building or another church plant and assume that, if they pray, someone will dump money in their laps.  He says it's possibly "a wonderful thing the Lord might choose to do for our family" but we all know that the only important person in John's family is John.  I've wondered about the older boys' visas and there's also the possibility of John and Esther marrying off Alatheia.  I agree with everyone that, if John is praying for a working plane, I hope he doesn't get it.

• Upvote 11

While I wish I could get through one of John’s newsletters, they are a font-ass-tic nightmare.

JRod’s are bad, but these are somehow even worse.

hes writing in KJV-only code, then highlighting, italicizing, and underlining every other word. 
I can only imagine that his hours-long sermons make half (or a quarter) as much sense.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

John has posted another update to his vaguebooking prayer request. Unsurprisingly there are still no details, and apparently it was delayed by visitors (??) but it's not a definite no which is making them excited. So a definite no answer whatsoever then? Full comment in spoiler:

Spoiler

1682076970_Screenshot_20220611-191324_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8ef1acfd3869d6ce9ea1072dea15a41d.jpg

Just tell us what it is John, sheesh.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

John has posted another update to his vaguebooking prayer request. Unsurprisingly there are still no details, and apparently it was delayed by visitors (??) but it's not a definite no which is making them excited. So a definite no answer whatsoever then? Full comment in spoiler:

Hide contents

1682076970_Screenshot_20220611-191324_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8ef1acfd3869d6ce9ea1072dea15a41d.jpg

Just tell us what it is John, sheesh.

Could it be visa issues?

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, gustava said:

Could it be visa issues?

I sincerely hope so. As in no more Visas allowed. Bye bye Johnboy. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

I wonder if Wade and Vicky Mears are bringing along older children for the Shraders to court? I can’t see John accepting Zambians as possible daughters or sons in law. 

I had also also hoped that Esther’s womb would remain closed. Sad. I wonder what the kids who have traveled back to the US think about America? 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

8 hours ago, gustava said:

Could it be visa issues?

I'm wondering if the oldest now adult children are being told they can't get working visas. In which case... it'll be interesting to see what happens.

3 hours ago, Markie said:

wonder if Wade and Vicky Mears are bringing along older children for the Shraders to court? I can’t see John accepting Zambians as possible daughters or sons in law. 

Although marrying Zambians would definitely help with potential visa issues!

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic