IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

samurai_sarah

16 hours ago, livinglongerthanyou said:

Why is he referring to himself as "Dr"?

Luther Rice Seminary awards Doctoral degrees.   And he may have done it all online.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1

On 10/31/2021 at 3:42 PM, anjulibai said:

Well, at least Esther isn't pregnant.

Yet. It will sadly happen. That poor brainwashed trapped women. The kids do appear clean and fed though. Esther is definitely modest in her appearance. 
Jillybean should take tips from Esther. They are “related” now. Whatcha thing Jilly? 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Gobsmacked said:

Yet. It will sadly happen. That poor brainwashed trapped women. The kids do appear clean and fed though. Esther is definitely modest in her appearance. 
Jillybean should take tips from Esther. They are “related” now. Whatcha thing Jilly? 

True, she's 40 now and her mom had kids at 41 and 43. Esther has time for at least one more. I'm hoping she's clsose to finished. This is the longest she's ever been without a pregnancy. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

15 hours ago, anjulibai said:

True, she's 40 now and her mom had kids at 41 and 43. Esther has time for at least one more. I'm hoping she's clsose to finished. This is the longest she's ever been without a pregnancy. 

Maybe he's shooting blanks or can't get it up as often.

• Disgust 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, gustava said:

Maybe he's shooting blanks or can't get it up as often.

There has been speculation that COVID-19 can decrease fertility.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

John posted a long post about his and Esther's anniversary. 

I love how he had to clarify that his drink was just sprite, not alcohol, lest anything think he sinned by drinking!

Spoiler

November 3rd, 2021 marked the joyous, precious, amazing & incredible milestone of 20 years of marriage that the Lord has blessed us with!

I truly do not deserve the precious wife the Lord gave me, and she is such an indescribable blessing to not only me as her husband, and our children as their mother, but the peoples and tribes the Lord has called us to minister the Gospel of Christ to as church planting missionaries based in Zambia.

My darling wife Esther of twenty years and I were blessed to be able to get away and go just over 5 hours South to a historic place here in Zambia. We have been discussing for several years now how we might mark this momentous occasion, but with the Covid craziness we both agreed that we would do so right here in the place God has put us. We had no idea just how special of a time He would give us, right here in our place of service & ministry!

Livingstone, Zambia is named after the famed explorer and missionary, David Livingston, and he discovered the incredible falls here which he named for Queen Victoria, but which the indigenous people here had named Mosi-a-tunya, meaning "the smoke that thunders" (see the final two pics for a couple amazing shots of the world famous falls, which I did not take, but are breathtaking nonetheless). They are considered one of the natural wonders of the world!

My darling wife and I were blessed to have some unbelievable and memorable experiences, such as visiting the Railroad Museum, which also chronicles the Jewish Historical connection with Zambia, walking out on the Historic Iron Bridge built in 1905 that connects Zambia and Zimbabwe, feeding and interacting with elephants then having dinner on a diversion of the mighty Zambezi River (which is where we were blessed to get such an amazing sunset picture, our favorite, sitting on a fallen tree), to also enjoy a "high tea" and get some amazing evening pictures not far from the falls (even one with lightening as a storm was rolling in), which is also where we saw the giraffe as we were going there, and just had such a delightful and much needed time of rest and relaxation for a few days as we celebrated God giving us twenty years together.

(both the place where we had dinner and also the place where we went to the High Tea are located inside one of the National Game Parks here in Zambia)

The battles here on the mission field have been very intense lately over the past months, and we stepped right back into them upon our return to Kafue and the ministry God has called us to here.

We thank our dear children (especially the older ones for doing such a great job looking after the Littles), and the Lord for providing for this special time. We really needed the break, even just those few days, but we are so grateful for the Lord's Call to serve Him together with each other and our family here in Sub-Saharan Africa.

It has taken me a little bit to get to share this with you, as we got back to Kafue on Thursday, the day after our Anniversary, had our Services here, then I went to visit someone in jail afterwards that had been severely beaten, then again Friday we were ministering, Sat church programs, Sunday services and ministry, and we still are facing some challenging situations ahead, but we are thankful we do so with God's Grace.

Thank you for everyone who prays for us and our family,

Bro. John & Sister Esther, with "the twelve"

Kafue, Zambia

Sub-Saharan Africa

*interesting side note: none of the pictures we took are edited or have any filters applied, except for a focusing option on a few that blurs the background. Just pics using our Samsung X-Cover Pro phone camera, using a small tripod and the timer feature!

**also, on the dinner pics, one was sprite with hibiscus syrup, and one was a tea. Just fyi..

• Thank You 10

First of all, Johnny Boy, his name was Livingstone. With a e. Second of all, he didn’t discover shit. It was always there and known to the people who lived there when his white colonialist ass “claimed it” for England. I would love for it to stop being Victoria Falls and just be Mosi-oa-Tunya, similar to what happened with Denali. 

There is also a surprising lack of alliteration in that post. He’s really slipping. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

It’s a minor point but it annoys me nonetheless. Why does John Shrader always highlight (at least it seems to me that that’s what he’s doing) that he is in sub-Saharan Africa? He’s stated this so often, but we all know. Stop it already, Zambia is on the map. It’s not some unknown place we have no idea where to find.
So what’s his obsession with it being sub-Saharan? Wouldn’t being anywhere in Africa count as just as godly to him? And why not just describe it as Southern Africa if he wants to write something about the location? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

It’s a minor point but it annoys me nonetheless. Why does John Shrader always highlight (at least it seems to me that that’s what he’s doing) that he is in sub-Saharan Africa? He’s stated this so often, but we all know. Stop it already, Zambia is on the map. It’s not some unknown place we have no idea where to find.
So what’s his obsession with it being sub-Saharan? Wouldn’t being anywhere in Africa count as just as godly to him? And why not just describe it as Southern Africa if he wants to write something about the location? 

It's very important!

See, "Southern Africa" might mean "South Africa" which is english speaking, modern, and has a large white population. North of the Sahara is those scary terrorist Muslim people, and that's more "Middle East" than Africa, then, isn't it?

But "Sub-Saharan Africa"? That's where all the poor black people live in mud huts and wear loincloths and have never heard the word of God, and need Schrader to come civilize them and bring them to Jesus while helping them fend off wild monkeys and lions. 

It's gross, but I'm pretty sure that's what his reasoning is. He wants it clear he's in stereotypical "darkest Africa" ministering to the poverty-stricken illiterate heathens. 

He's catering to a specific stereotype in order to fundraise more effectively, I think.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 7

7 hours ago, KnittingOwl said:

There is also a surprising lack of alliteration in that post. He’s really slipping. 

He's hitting other high points, though.  If you have alcohol at hand...

• joyous, precious, amazing & incredible milestone of 20 years of marriage that the Lord has blessed us with! [Drink!]
  • the precious wife the Lord gave me, and she is such an indescribable blessing [Drink!]
  • My darling wife Esther of twenty years and I were blessed [Drink!]
  • My darling wife and I were blessed [Drink!]
  • We thank our dear children [Drink!]

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 3

On 11/9/2021 at 12:35 AM, NoneIsEnough said:

John posted a long post about his and Esther's anniversary. 

I love how he had to clarify that his drink was just sprite, not alcohol, lest anything think he sinned by drinking!

Hide contents

November 3rd, 2021 marked the joyous, precious, amazing & incredible milestone of 20 years of marriage that the Lord has blessed us with!

I truly do not deserve the precious wife the Lord gave me, and she is such an indescribable blessing to not only me as her husband, and our children as their mother, but the peoples and tribes the Lord has called us to minister the Gospel of Christ to as church planting missionaries based in Zambia.

My darling wife Esther of twenty years and I were blessed to be able to get away and go just over 5 hours South to a historic place here in Zambia. We have been discussing for several years now how we might mark this momentous occasion, but with the Covid craziness we both agreed that we would do so right here in the place God has put us. We had no idea just how special of a time He would give us, right here in our place of service & ministry!

Livingstone, Zambia is named after the famed explorer and missionary, David Livingston, and he discovered the incredible falls here which he named for Queen Victoria, but which the indigenous people here had named Mosi-a-tunya, meaning "the smoke that thunders" (see the final two pics for a couple amazing shots of the world famous falls, which I did not take, but are breathtaking nonetheless). They are considered one of the natural wonders of the world!

My darling wife and I were blessed to have some unbelievable and memorable experiences, such as visiting the Railroad Museum, which also chronicles the Jewish Historical connection with Zambia, walking out on the Historic Iron Bridge built in 1905 that connects Zambia and Zimbabwe, feeding and interacting with elephants then having dinner on a diversion of the mighty Zambezi River (which is where we were blessed to get such an amazing sunset picture, our favorite, sitting on a fallen tree), to also enjoy a "high tea" and get some amazing evening pictures not far from the falls (even one with lightening as a storm was rolling in), which is also where we saw the giraffe as we were going there, and just had such a delightful and much needed time of rest and relaxation for a few days as we celebrated God giving us twenty years together.

(both the place where we had dinner and also the place where we went to the High Tea are located inside one of the National Game Parks here in Zambia)

The battles here on the mission field have been very intense lately over the past months, and we stepped right back into them upon our return to Kafue and the ministry God has called us to here.

We thank our dear children (especially the older ones for doing such a great job looking after the Littles), and the Lord for providing for this special time. We really needed the break, even just those few days, but we are so grateful for the Lord's Call to serve Him together with each other and our family here in Sub-Saharan Africa.

It has taken me a little bit to get to share this with you, as we got back to Kafue on Thursday, the day after our Anniversary, had our Services here, then I went to visit someone in jail afterwards that had been severely beaten, then again Friday we were ministering, Sat church programs, Sunday services and ministry, and we still are facing some challenging situations ahead, but we are thankful we do so with God's Grace.

Thank you for everyone who prays for us and our family,

Bro. John & Sister Esther, with "the twelve"

Kafue, Zambia

Sub-Saharan Africa

*interesting side note: none of the pictures we took are edited or have any filters applied, except for a focusing option on a few that blurs the background. Just pics using our Samsung X-Cover Pro phone camera, using a small tripod and the timer feature!

**also, on the dinner pics, one was sprite with hibiscus syrup, and one was a tea. Just fyi..

I'm glad Esther got to have a little getaway and she does seem happy in the pics.  I'd worry about leaving that large brood alone but I guess the oldest ones are used to watching after the littles already anyway.

Spoiler

2043022283_Screenshot(7321).png.f8ab4c40e3ce7ddb9c2aec3bffc5e643.png473621689_Screenshot(7322).png.173e39ae48fc52e1bb76a3a5d79bd094.png

What IS unforgiveable is John's latest post.  He wonders if people have seen his poem about John Calvin.  He thinks Calvin was guilty of doctrinal heresy.  If any of you are familiar with Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, this could best be described as Vogon poetry.  It's hideous and under a spoiler.  You were warned.

Spoiler

"Calvin Was A Catholic Lawyer"

John Calvin was a Catholic, that taught God created sin

He believed God predetermined, for situations among men

He taught that God has chosen, who's elect and who is not

But his Biblical analysis, was filled with heretical rot

He ignored plain words of Scripture, as his followers still do

And if you don't know your Bible, they'll try to "Reform" you

For you see the "Reformed" doctrine, teaches "all" is really "some"

That Jesus' precious and pure Blood, was not shed for everyone

When you take them to Hebrews 2:9, that God tasted death for "every" man

They'll say that's really not every, but only the "elect" are in that plan

In Second Peter 3:9, where God wills not "any" should perish

They just say those are only "chosen," they explain away with a flourish

They say God's grace can't be resisted, if you're chosen you must come

But they ignore the clarity of Scripture, in Acts 7:51

See Calvin was a Catholic, and his testimony you can't find

He simply believed he was chosen, from before beginning of time

He also was a lawyer, so his philosophies are grand

But when one studies Scripture, you'll find his lies are built on sand

For "all" cannot mean "some," no matter how hard you try

And neither can "any" be changed, to mean only "some" are chosen not to die

Calvin taught that God ordained sin, in the garden with Adam and Eve, but that's a contradiction of James chapter 1 and verse 13

Yes God did choose a nation, that's the answer for Jacob and Esau,

But Romans 9:33 says "whosoever," and does not determine who into hell will fall

And Calvin committed murder, yes he personally decreed

That those who dared oppose him, must burn and in torture bleed

He was a cruel dictator, into homes he went to see

If people did just as he said, he forced his will and creed

Now Calvinism is a heresy, that teaches "all" means "some"

That the Bible's "whosoever," is a lie from God the Son

So before you follow Calvin, and believe his heresies and lies

Please plainly read the Scriptures, and open up your eyes

For "all" means "every creature," that Jesus said we should reach

That to whom should be given the Gospel, and we can plainly preach

That when God said "whosoever," it was not Divine "mis-speak"

But that God truly loves "every" sinner, and to save their souls He seeks

When Jesus said "whosoever" was thirsty then could come,

It was not an empty invitation, He didn't really mean just some

Don't believe a Catholic lawyer, who was a murder to boot

Just believe your Holy Bible, and firmly stand in Truth

The "Reformers" hated Baptists, and eagerly sought to kill

And though these persecutions ended, they're eagerly pursuing still

They want to change your doctrine,

To believe that "all" means "few"

But stand firm with Christ the Saviour, "whosoever" includes you

And "every" one in this world,

John 1:9 says is given "Light"

But the Catholic Lawyer disputed,

Taught God predestined some for eternal night

And John the Beloved clearly stated, in First John chapter 2 verse 2

That Christ atoned "not for ours only," but "the sins of the whole world" too!

Calvin got his ideas from Augustine, the originator of Calvin's lies

But Augustine was a Catholic theologian, who also for Immersionist' deaths cried

So believe the Catholic Lawyer, and writings from his blood-stained hands

Or else believe the Bible, as for me that's where my Faith Stands

Bro. John Shrader

Zambia

12/26/17

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 7

Vogons had better poetry than this. Also John - learn some history for crying out loud. Yes, Calvin was born Catholic and studied law, but then broke from the Church with the protestant movement in a time when doing so could be and often was deadly (and then promoted exactly the same violence against people with different theological views once his faction was in power). Unlike in Europe in the 1600s the current danger to you in Kifue is mostly people finding you irritating and refusing to engage with you, not denouncing you for heresy and torturing you. I suspect if actual martyrdom looked possible you would pull your head in and recant - cosplay only goes so far.

• Upvote 19
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

I don't like even "good" poetry, but after getting through that mess, I can certainly believe that the Vogons are the not the third-worst poets in the universe like Douglas Adams claimed, but the fourth-worst.

John Esther's opus, apparently 4 years old but just coming to our attention now (perhaps we saw it before but blocked out the traumatic memory), inspired me to compose some poetry of my own. Which, given my hatred of the form, means that the Vogons may now be in fifth. Sorry.

Spoiler

I did appreciate, John Esther's commitment to

Putting a comma, in the middle of nearly every line

Regardless of whether, it belonged there

Because poetry must be read, in this cadence

So you must conform, to it always without fail

And it don't matter if you put, a couple extra syllables into a line

You can capitalize Random, words and use scare "quotes"

To sound extra-important but, also like a semi-literate dipshit who

Just types a rant and puts line breaks, wherever and calls it poetry

Because grammar doesn't, fucking matter

When there are Catholic, Lawyers out there who are "wrong" about Something

And who might also, be a group of crows

Dr. K'Z'K

United States of America

Central North America

11/14/2021

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 23
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve never seen a picture of Esther as a young woman before. It’s really unsettling seeing what 20 years of birthing babies and living with an adult-sized toddler does to a person. She was so fresh-faced and cute. Now she looks twenty years older than she is.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 2

On 11/14/2021 at 4:01 PM, K'Z'K said:

And it don't matter if you put, a couple extra syllables into a line

Hitchhiker's Guide and Tom Lehrer honored in the same thread - I am happy.

On 11/13/2021 at 12:29 PM, Xan said:

I'm glad Esther got to have a little getaway and she does seem happy in the pics.  I'd worry about leaving that large brood alone but I guess the oldest ones are used to watching after the littles already anyway.

Hide contents

2043022283_Screenshot(7321).png.f8ab4c40e3ce7ddb9c2aec3bffc5e643.png473621689_Screenshot(7322).png.173e39ae48fc52e1bb76a3a5d79bd094.png

What IS unforgiveable is John's latest post.  He wonders if people have seen his poem about John Calvin.  He thinks Calvin was guilty of doctrinal heresy.  If any of you are familiar with Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, this could best be described as Vogon poetry.  It's hideous and under a spoiler.  You were warned.

Hide contents

"Calvin Was A Catholic Lawyer"

John Calvin was a Catholic, that taught God created sin

He believed God predetermined, for situations among men

He taught that God has chosen, who's elect and who is not

But his Biblical analysis, was filled with heretical rot

He ignored plain words of Scripture, as his followers still do

And if you don't know your Bible, they'll try to "Reform" you

For you see the "Reformed" doctrine, teaches "all" is really "some"

That Jesus' precious and pure Blood, was not shed for everyone

When you take them to Hebrews 2:9, that God tasted death for "every" man

They'll say that's really not every, but only the "elect" are in that plan

In Second Peter 3:9, where God wills not "any" should perish

They just say those are only "chosen," they explain away with a flourish

They say God's grace can't be resisted, if you're chosen you must come

But they ignore the clarity of Scripture, in Acts 7:51

See Calvin was a Catholic, and his testimony you can't find

He simply believed he was chosen, from before beginning of time

He also was a lawyer, so his philosophies are grand

But when one studies Scripture, you'll find his lies are built on sand

For "all" cannot mean "some," no matter how hard you try

And neither can "any" be changed, to mean only "some" are chosen not to die

Calvin taught that God ordained sin, in the garden with Adam and Eve, but that's a contradiction of James chapter 1 and verse 13

Yes God did choose a nation, that's the answer for Jacob and Esau,

But Romans 9:33 says "whosoever," and does not determine who into hell will fall

And Calvin committed murder, yes he personally decreed

That those who dared oppose him, must burn and in torture bleed

He was a cruel dictator, into homes he went to see

If people did just as he said, he forced his will and creed

Now Calvinism is a heresy, that teaches "all" means "some"

That the Bible's "whosoever," is a lie from God the Son

So before you follow Calvin, and believe his heresies and lies

Please plainly read the Scriptures, and open up your eyes

For "all" means "every creature," that Jesus said we should reach

That to whom should be given the Gospel, and we can plainly preach

That when God said "whosoever," it was not Divine "mis-speak"

But that God truly loves "every" sinner, and to save their souls He seeks

When Jesus said "whosoever" was thirsty then could come,

It was not an empty invitation, He didn't really mean just some

Don't believe a Catholic lawyer, who was a murder to boot

Just believe your Holy Bible, and firmly stand in Truth

The "Reformers" hated Baptists, and eagerly sought to kill

And though these persecutions ended, they're eagerly pursuing still

They want to change your doctrine,

To believe that "all" means "few"

But stand firm with Christ the Saviour, "whosoever" includes you

And "every" one in this world,

John 1:9 says is given "Light"

But the Catholic Lawyer disputed,

Taught God predestined some for eternal night

And John the Beloved clearly stated, in First John chapter 2 verse 2

That Christ atoned "not for ours only," but "the sins of the whole world" too!

Calvin got his ideas from Augustine, the originator of Calvin's lies

But Augustine was a Catholic theologian, who also for Immersionist' deaths cried

So believe the Catholic Lawyer, and writings from his blood-stained hands

Or else believe the Bible, as for me that's where my Faith Stands

Bro. John Shrader

Zambia

12/26/17

It's not new; it's from 2017. I definitely saw this before and remembered it.  

20 hours ago, Jasmar said:

I’ve never seen a picture of Esther as a young woman before. It’s really unsettling seeing what 20 years of birthing babies and living with an adult-sized toddler does to a person. She was so fresh-faced and cute. Now she looks twenty years older than she is.

Oh come now, she looks tired and admittedly has seen better days but I think Esther looks like an average mom in her 40's. I have friends her age who look similarly.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

My sister is over a year older than Esther and has been married 1 year longer than Esther. My sister was an avid sun bather and has had stressful jobs. Yet she looks much younger than Esther. I don’t know if it’s genes, stress of constant pregnancy & marriage to John, or a combo of both. But she does look older than 40. Rebekah is only 2 years younger than Esther and shares half her DNA. Yet she looks much more than 2 years younger than Esther. But she only has two kids and she’s rich. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

I think it's not really fair to compare Esther, who wears no or almost no makeup and doesn't have the money to put into her appearance that Rebekah does, to Rebekah. With the amount of makeup that Rebekah wears on Esther's face, skillfully applied, she'd look younger too, and many rich women also have access to and take advantage of other cosmetic procedures, though I have no basis to speculate on what else Rebekah has or hasn't done.

Please note this is no dig at anyone who does or does not wear makeup, it's just a fact.

I will grant that in addition to the money Rebekah doubtless puts into her appearance there is a time factor and it is definitely partly down to Esther's choices/number of kids that she doesn't have that kind of time.

There are fundie women who look a lot older than they are but for me Esther isn't one of them. Clearly from responses YMMV.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

On 11/10/2020 at 5:32 AM, EyesOpen said:

I very much doubt John will take Nehemiah for any treatment. They seem to almost glorify that they have a son facing Medical suffering (which is disgusting). John lamented in a post that he couldn’t return to the US to follow up on his back. This seems like a convenient excuse for him to come back and ‘care’ for his parents while getting his check ups and grift in comfort.

What's wrong with this son? Not too familiar with John Boy.

Their son started having seizures out of no where. I believe they took him to the doctor there but decided to treat him with natural methods that I’m not sure are well accepted forms of treatment and not get further medical follow up, however John had an expensive international back surgery… 

someone please correct/ update me if anything I said is incorrect or if they’ve changed course in the last months!

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, EyesOpen said:

Their son started having seizures out of no where. I believe they took him to the doctor there but decided to treat him with natural methods that I’m not sure are well accepted forms of treatment and not get further medical follow up, however John had an expensive international back surgery… 

someone please correct/ update me if anything I said is incorrect or if they’ve changed course in the last months!

You're correct. 

John mentioned some treatments, one of which I think was dietary changes, but then some others he didn't really go into detail on (i suspect because they are experimental). 

Then no further updates since they took him to the doctor. So we don't really know how he's doing. John made a trip to the US last year and brought Nehemiah with him, so we were hoping he'd get some medical visits, but we don't know that he did. 

Of course John grifted his tropical vacation back surgery for himself, but no word on the kids. 

Lately he's been posting pro-ivermectin/anti-vax stuff. *giant eyeroll*

Edited by NoneIsEnough
  • Upvote 3

Wonder if John will comment on Josh Duggar's guilty verdict.  Surely Esther will be upset over what this means for Anna. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic