IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

samurai_sarah

I fear John is in a manic stage again.  In the past 24 hours, he's done two very long posts.  The first is about a man named Chiko with whom he met for 5 hours today.  Five hours of John preaching at you?  I'd have probably told him that I was converted to whatever he wanted at about hour two.  So far, he's been talking AT this man for 10 hours in total.  The man's family is already part of John's church and I gather John wants the full set.  He's meeting with another man individually on Tuesday.

The second post is about how people will let you down (even John!) but how God never will.  He also writes:

"I have been wrong a great many times, about a great many things in my life.

I have failed, at times, my Lord, my family, and my friends.

I have been wickedly prideful, which God both hates and resists.

I have wept, confessed, sought forgiveness, and though man has not always forgiven me, God has done so, and patiently showed me His Grace, Mercy, Forgiveness and Love.

One thing I have never been wrong about, is choosing to Trust God.

If you have been failed by, or been disappointed by a fellow human being, you are not alone. This is part of human existence, but please let me encourage you to not let the failure of men cause you to doubt or depart from the Living God of Heaven.

We are in 'perilous times,' as II Timothy 3 so poignantly describes."  

When I got to the "perilous times" part, all I could think of was Bro Gary.  I wonder if the KJV people get some sort of newsletter where they are occasionally reminded to tell their flocks about being in the last days and how we are in perilous times.  They all use the same lingo.

I think John might have gotten some dressing down about his ego again so he has to beat his chest, rend his garments, and write long Facebook posts.  John's God seems to be okay with this type of apology.

On the 15th, he posted a link to new jobs for people who are avoiding the vaccine.  All those children and who knows how close they are to any kind of health care and we see that John is firmly anti-vaccine.  Oh my.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 6

• 2 weeks later...

John continues in his manic phase.   There's a post about the wonders of Ivermectin and how John thinks we've been given misinformation.  (I just hope none of those poor kids get Covid.)  Then he puts up a long post about how you can't always see immediate results in your ministry.  

"Beware of those that make much of outward appearances, and exalt visible results, especially that which is not able to be followed up on and is not accountable.

Things are not always what they appear."

And:  

"I want to see multitudes saved and many churches planted like many others... but I refuse to compromise, cover sin, or co-operate with those that violate the Word of God in order to appear successful or just get something done.

This does not make me better, more spiritual, or superior to anyone.

It just makes me obedience to the Truth and Principles of the Word of God."

John is the bestest missionary evah!

He and someone named Timothy printed up 4,000 tracts.  

Another new, lengthy post implying that the Devil "hit hard" recently.  He says in the last weeks and months they have "seen some serious oppression and opposition".   As is usual with John, he doesn't give us juicy details.  He and the family are praying for the souls of the opposition.  I guess it's just that pesky Satan again.

Another post about praying with and witnessing to William for seven hours.  There's one post about a new book coming out about John the Baptist.  And there is yet another post about his plans to meet with someone named Gibson tomorrow.  I guess he'll spend hours praying and trying to convert again.

Does John ever do anything for his family?  Anybody got any guesses for when the depressive phase will hit and John will take to his bed?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 10

😒

22 hours ago, Gobsmacked said:

Is the oppression just John being paranoid or is it real??!! Come on John, spill all the Beansies we need know ASAP! 

He NEVER gives us the real low down

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Another long post from John.  He's been busy brainwashing people.  He spent three hours with one poor guy giving him "a clear presentation of the Gospel of Christ".  Then busybody John goes and talks to a family who has been attending church.  Somehow, he's convinced the wife that she isn't "saved" after all.  Needs to jump through more of John's hoops!  Next, it's onto "Mr. Mutinta".  After preaching to him, John goes home and spends time talking to his neighbor with regards to his eternal soul.  Finally, he goes in and thinks he's a good dad by playing one game of chess with each of his four oldest sons.  

I'm not sure how Esther puts up with him -- although she's full-on fundie herself.  All he does is wander around Zambia harassing people about their souls.  I can't see that he ever helps with the kids.  Nope.  He just goes around playing Great White Savior.

Copy of his post under the spoiler.

Spoiler

What a day it has been be in Sub-Saharan Africa!

Many of you were praying for our friend Gibson, and wow, the distractions, interruptions, etc. were unbelievable! We were delayed almost 45 minutes in starting, and it eventually got so bad that I actually suggested we make another program, but he wanted to continue, and things settled down enough that I was able to finish giving him a clear presentation of the Gospel of Christ after spending over 3 total hours with him now combined.

We been literally praying and seeking and asking him for almost four years for this opportunity. It has finally come, Praise the Lord!!!

To choose Christ will be a serious decision for him, that's all I can say. I am so grateful for everyone that was praying.

As far as I can tell, he got the message clearly, and that's all I can do. The rest is the work of the Holy Spirit of God to bring true Godly Sorrow and conviction.

I will definitely update you with any developments.

Then, after grabbing a bite to eat, I was able to go visit a family on the outskirts of the other side of Kafue that has started visiting the church here, and it was such a blessing to see their hunger to hear the Word of God. They started coming after receiving John & Romans from my wife and I, two different times and two different places here in Kafue! Sowing the Seed!!

Please pray for Jackson and Bertha Njovu, and it is also so wonderful to see that they have even been inviting their family and friends and neighbors to come with them to church!

As we started going through the Gospel, the wife, Bertha, shared that when she came to our church she thought she was saved, but now she is seeing she is not.

That's the first step, realizing that one is lost.

It was so encouraging to spend that time with them, and we have planned to meet again tomorrow afternoon to continue!

Then, after leaving there, driving out of their compound up on the mountain, I saw a man that I had last seen almost a year ago. We were able to sit and talk of the Word of God for a time, and I was able to plant a few Gospel Seeds. His name is Mr. Mutinta.

I then came home as the day was drawing to a close, and was able to spend a good long while talking to our next door neighbor about the Truth of the Word of God, and share my concern over his soul and salvation. I was encouraged that he at least listened and didn't cut me off.

As the light faded from the Zambian Sky, I came in, not knowing it was "Son's Day," but I played each one of the 4 oldest boys a game of chess. It was such fun, and they all did well!

Family devotions, and now a glass of Roobios Tea with honey.

I just wanted to share (especially for those that pray for our family and ministry), the wonderful opportunities that Lord gave me today to speak of Him, and share His Word, and the Gospel of Christ with precious souls.

Thank you from the depths of our hearts for your prayers dear friends,

John for Esther and "the twelve"

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 6

I’m sure there is a book titled the Twelve. It’s set in the future after vampires or some such have been accidentally released into the world. Bats are involved in the first chapter.  I read it ages ago. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

Many of you were praying for our friend Gibson, and wow, the distractions, interruptions, etc. were unbelievable! We were delayed almost 45 minutes in starting, and it eventually got so bad that I actually suggested we make another program, but he wanted to continue, and things settled down enough that I was able to finish giving him a clear presentation of the Gospel of Christ after spending over 3 total hours with him now combined.

Wow, John is annoyed that people have lives and families that they want to be attentive to. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

John is always annoyed that other people aren’t as spellbound by the sound of his own voice as he is.

I’m sure he talks to himself while looking in a mirror so he can give nods of approval at his own brilliance.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

On 9/28/2021 at 9:31 AM, Gobsmacked said:

Is the oppression just John being paranoid or is it real??!!

I had not considered paranoia as an aspect of John's mood swings till I read your post.  Another thing to consider and watch for! 

• Upvote 6

On 9/29/2021 at 11:02 PM, Xan said:

To choose Christ will be a serious decision for him, that's all I can say.

And I hope he does indeed choose Christ over John. Heh.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:31 AM, Gobsmacked said:

Is the oppression just John being paranoid or is it real??!! Come on John, spill all the Beansies we need know ASAP! 

We so need a former convert or nearby local to give us the gossip. I would really like to know what the locals actually think of the family.

On 9/30/2021 at 12:17 AM, Gobsmacked said:

I’m sure there is a book titled the Twelve. It’s set in the future after vampires or some such have been accidentally released into the world. Bats are involved in the first chapter.  I read it ages ago. 

Did these vampires emerge after a viral release..?

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

And I hope he does indeed choose Christ over John. Heh.

We so need a former convert or nearby local to give us the gossip. I would really like to know what the locals actually think of the family.

Did these vampires emerge after a viral release..?

Sort of . Huge fruit bats in deepest jungle some where were taken to a lab for government experiments. All went to pot obviously!! That’s all I can remember. There is another book - not sure if prequel or sequel now. Titled The Passage. 

Just googled . It’s a trilogy apparently. Author is Justin Cronin.  I hadn’t thought about it for years until John called the kids the Twelve! 

• Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2021 at 7:27 PM, Ozlsn said:

Does anyone know the name of the neighborhood/community where they live?  Does their church have an address?

• Upvote 1

On 10/15/2021 at 12:09 AM, NoneIsEnough said:

The church has a facebook page, I don't know more specific than that but that might help. 

https://www.facebook.com/Truth-Biblical-Baptist-Church-Kafue-Zambia-104053798003565/

Thank you for that link.  The services are interesting.  Some of the audio is spotty but you can catch John doing his fake Zambian accent from time to time.  Also, if he's still needing a translator, that explains why his services are so long.

John's been busy on Facebook recently.  There was an anti-Halloween post and one about some men he's using to deliver his tracts.  The most recent two are below:

Spoiler

1710533331_Screenshot(6970).png.a1136af2d39efa9ed9008309d0e39e4a.png1850617511_Screenshot(6969).png.f536156d7f20af3cf8ab4a5347486a8c.png

Spoiler

653278684_Screenshot(6972).png.d985c890b05608ef5ef36a702d495388.png1407379562_Screenshot(6967).png.1d537404ca03c06f7c093af60e4af696.png

The only reason I think he's got that many church members is that they probably think of it as a social occasion and just something to do.  He, once again, talks about the importance of quality of the members' beliefs as opposed to the quantity of members.  He still must be getting pushback over lack of results.

John seems to spend a lot of one-on-one time harassing people with his Bible.  It isn't enough that someone chooses to be a Christian and come to his church.  He has to make sure they accept his own pure and perfect version.  If he talked at me for ten hours, I'd never set foot anywhere close to that church again.  Personally, I think he just does it because it gets him out of real work and he loves the sound of his own voice.

I hope everyone catches John fondly using alliteration again in that second post.  "Discouragement, doubt, division, despair, disillusionment, danger..." -- I can practically see him patting himself on the back for this.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

On 10/14/2021 at 11:09 PM, NoneIsEnough said:

The church has a facebook page, I don't know more specific than that but that might help. 

Having the formal name did help!  So, here ya go: 

googlemaps.com  and enter "Truth Biblical Baptist Church,  Kafue, Zambia" in the Search box, and it will pop right up.  This is correct, because the photo on John's fb page matches up to the picture that pops up on googlemaps.  It's not the same photo, but clearly shows the edge of the "church" shelter and the concrete floor. 

The address is:  plot 914 chila road, Kafue, Zambia.  Lower case on the street address is how the location is listed in googlemaps. 

Since the church is open air under a shelter,  I wonder what they do in winter? 

What's interesting on the church facebook page, is a reference to the church's secondary school graduation. 

Truth Biblical Baptist Secondary School Graduation Celebration - Part 11 of 14 (Whyte Malunga Speech)

What a blessing to have these 9 young men and women in our church, and today we celebrated their completion through Grade 12, lots of diligent effort. They started with a song of testimony, then each shared, followed by a brief message by Pastor John "Kapolo"

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

I suspect that John always mentions the number of hours he has talked at his poor victims because he equates that to a “normal” working day say for instance 9-5.  Is it possible that he is being called a lazy begging good-for-nothing? This is perhaps him saying to the naysayers “see I do work for hours and hours so there”.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Xan said:

Thank you for that link.  The services are interesting.  Some of the audio is spotty but you can catch John doing his fake Zambian accent from time to time.  Also, if he's still needing a translator, that explains why his services are so long.

John's been busy on Facebook recently.  There was an anti-Halloween post and one about some men he's using to deliver his tracts.  The most recent two are below:

Reveal hidden contents

1710533331_Screenshot(6970).png.a1136af2d39efa9ed9008309d0e39e4a.png1850617511_Screenshot(6969).png.f536156d7f20af3cf8ab4a5347486a8c.png

Reveal hidden contents

653278684_Screenshot(6972).png.d985c890b05608ef5ef36a702d495388.png1407379562_Screenshot(6967).png.1d537404ca03c06f7c093af60e4af696.png

The only reason I think he's got that many church members is that they probably think of it as a social occasion and just something to do.  He, once again, talks about the importance of quality of the members' beliefs as opposed to the quantity of members.  He still must be getting pushback over lack of results.

John seems to spend a lot of one-on-one time harassing people with his Bible.  It isn't enough that someone chooses to be a Christian and come to his church.  He has to make sure they accept his own pure and perfect version.  If he talked at me for ten hours, I'd never set foot anywhere close to that church again.  Personally, I think he just does it because it gets him out of real work and he loves the sound of his own voice.

I hope everyone catches John fondly using alliteration again in that second post.  "Discouragement, doubt, division, despair, disillusionment, danger..." -- I can practically see him patting himself on the back for this.

It's funny, he talks about quality over quantity, but then still brags about having 152 people there.

Also @Xan I just noticed your location. LOL, those poor Rodlets will never escape their bunks. 😂😂

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Don't know how many of John's congregants are vaxxed, but Thank Rufus! that the church meets outdoors.  Although no one is social distancing and there's singing happening, at least there is fresh air circulating. 

• Upvote 5

I rarely visit the Shraders but today when scrolling through FB I came across Mike Rowe's post and I automatically thought of Shrader the shady. I think John should buy this, looks like it still has an engine. 

image.png.073b678e79166f95ee8b0cc8c02208dd.png

Edited by quiversR4hunting
finished sentence
  • Haha 12

John's new newsletter is up:

Spoiler

247648324_10219237707963716_1511698712601670190_n.thumb.jpg.efa4787effd774048567643f4a7bbc68.jpg

The highlighting is still irritating, not a lot happening.

John is also seeking more information on someone who possibly spiritually catfished him by pretending to be a Heritage Baptist Pastor from Lubbock Texas. Or who possibly is an actual pastor but wants to dissociate from him after John spent several hours pastoring him. Who knows!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 7

“…they [the couple] sadly just stopped coming when the husband asked for money for his business & was not given it.”

Followed by

”God met some very specific needs through you all.”

Too bad the couple was not given the sacred instructions of hinting of their needs through Facebook posts! 
——-

And - they INTENTIONALLY [John’s caps] made no mention of a free meal - has he been criticized that people are showing up to be fed?  🤔  What an odd thing to emphasize in the newsletter. 

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 2

2 hours of preaching??? OH HELL NO! My entire church service is maybe an hour and 15 minutes. Now, we may hang out and stuff for a while afterwards, but there ain't no hours and hours of preaching. My pastor manages to say what he needs to say in less than 45 minutes. Unfortunately, or fortunately, the other night at small group, I gave him a sermon idea. He invited me to work with him and Pastor Lisa on it. So cool! But this is why I'm happy with the church. Small-ish, diverse and everyone is quick to laugh, hug, help with needs. As of right now, 100% of adults are vax'd (yes, we had to show our vax cards). Our General Conference stated that no pastor in our denomination could sign any sort of "religious exemption" under pain of being removed from ministry. The kids' ministry has everyone masked up. 

Shrader is a useless lump of DNA

• Upvote 8

On 10/31/2021 at 4:18 AM, Ozlsn said:

John is also seeking more information on someone who possibly spiritually catfished him by pretending to be a Heritage Baptist Pastor from Lubbock Texas. Or who possibly is an actual pastor but wants to dissociate from him after John spent several hours pastoring him. Who knows!

I noodled around on the google.  Heritage Baptist morphed into Celebration Christian Center around 2019.  It's an evangelical church with less than 50 members. 

This is the bio for the pastor, Dr. David Lance

Spoiler

CCC Counseling
Dr. David Lance GSPth., MDiv., DMin.
Often times we need a little support and assistance. Dr. Lance offers over 30 year of counseling experience.
A native of Lubbock, Dr. Lance graduated from Texas Tech University, Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, the United States Army Chaplain Center and School, and Luther Rice Seminary.

Dr. Lance received two Meritorious Service Medals for his contributions to Family Life Ministries and his contributions to the United States Army during the Persian Gulf War as a United States Army Chaplain.
Counseling available on a sliding scale.
Christian Based Counseling

• Thank You 4

20 hours ago, Howl said:

I noodled around on the google.  Heritage Baptist morphed into Celebration Christian Center around 2019.  It's an evangelical church with less than 50 members. 

This is the bio for the pastor, Dr. David Lance

Hide contents

CCC Counseling
Dr. David Lance GSPth., MDiv., DMin.
Often times we need a little support and assistance. Dr. Lance offers over 30 year of counseling experience.
A native of Lubbock, Dr. Lance graduated from Texas Tech University, Midwestern Baptist Theological Seminary, the United States Army Chaplain Center and School, and Luther Rice Seminary.

Dr. Lance received two Meritorious Service Medals for his contributions to Family Life Ministries and his contributions to the United States Army during the Persian Gulf War as a United States Army Chaplain.
Counseling available on a sliding scale.
Christian Based Counseling

Why is he referring to himself as "Dr"?

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic