IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

samurai_sarah

16 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I'm wondering if the oldest now adult children are being told they can't get working visas. In which case... it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Although marrying Zambians would definitely help with potential visa issues!

John will preach to black Zambians but will never allow his children to marry a black Zambian.  There are, however, white Zambians, though probably few, if any, who are sufficiently pious and submissive to his lordship John.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

The visitor (Mr. Mears) posted about his trip to Zambia. Apparently this was just a visit, and they hope to be back permanently in June 2023. 

https://www.facebook.com/wade.mears.5/posts/5285711601486328

Very White Savior Complex heavy vibes in his post. I hope their visas get denied and they just stay home in the states. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

That post includes video clips of a church service, featuring the accordion stylings of Bro John. I could only stomach a few seconds with the sound on. Bro John also uses a whiteboard to outline his sermons for the congregation.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, NoneIsEnough said:

The visitor (Mr. Mears) posted about his trip to Zambia. Apparently this was just a visit, and they hope to be back permanently in June 2023. 

https://www.facebook.com/wade.mears.5/posts/5285711601486328

Very White Savior Complex heavy vibes in his post. I hope their visas get denied and they just stay home in the states. 

So... the next time I go to the US I am so tempted to post similar photos of things that are different to here with a similar message (Poe account obviously) and see what happens... obviously I have a heart to convert the poor heathen Americans to the one true faith (TBD, may involve sport).

I also hope they can't get visas other than tourist ones which require them to leave the country after 12 weeks. Come and spend money, then go home.

Edited by Ozlsn
Edited sentence, re-edited to make sense after too many words vanished
  • Upvote 11

2 hours ago, postscript said:

That post includes video clips of a church service, featuring the accordion stylings of Bro John. I could only stomach a few seconds with the sound on. Bro John also uses a whiteboard to outline his sermons for the congregation.

I didn't even bother with any of the videos. I can't stomach listening to John, even for a second. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

I see that he lists things that Americans take for granted that 'poor Zambians' go without. Some Zambians might but Bro John certainly does his best to maintain as American-style an existence as possible. No sleeping on dirt floors or walking a few blocks for John!

I can't remember exactly but I know there were a few 'essentials' John raised a prayer for when they first arrived, wing-less planes aside.

Speaking of which, where is that plane?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2

A long post from John about why the Mears are coming to Zambia. 

Spoiler

Greetings Dearly Beloved,

TeamZambia-Shraders is becoming TeamZambia-TCBC (Tri-County Baptist, Katy TX)! To GOD be ALL Glory, Honor & Praise!

I have not hardly had a moment to slow down and share my heart with you directly what the Lord has been doing here in Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa, as the past couple of weeks have been a whirlwind of activity!

Last year, a dear Brother in Christ, Bro. Wade Mears, started talking and praying with us about the possibility of coming and Serving with TeamZambia-Shraders after his retirement. I briefly shared about the amazing thing God is doing in our last Prayer Letter. The full testimony is amazing, and I look forward to sharing more as we go forward, but in short, God Divinely Directed Bro. Wade and Sister Vicky to consider the serious Question, "What Will You Do For God With The Time You Have Left?"

Honestly I was blown away, as we have been praying for God to raise up Laborers, and especially, seeking to be as Obedient to God and His Word as possible, have deeply desired to be part of a Sent Team, as exemplified by the way Christ Sent, and the N.T. example of Missionary Teams as well! Also just as incredible to me, God is orchestrating that the Mears will be moving their membership to Tri-County Baptist Church, our Sending Church, and also literally moving there in a few months. After spending time with our Sending Authority getting to know them even better, wrapping up some things, a graduation for a daughter, and visiting some churches, this couple will also be sent to Zambia by TCBC! Glory to The Living God of Heaven!!

Even before they came on their Survey Trip, which they are remaining with just a few days left here, they were so sure of and convinced by God's Call on their life, that they sold their beautiful home and property, fully fulfilled their financial obligations in about 4 months (another simply amazing testimony), and came by Faith to visit us here.

We have had others visit us, and even one young man come for a few months to serve, but I've never seen someone come, like Esther and I did ten years ago in 2012, having already been truly God-Called.

To watch the Calling of God confirmed, and the Burden already given only deepen in the hearts of Bro. Wade and Sister Vicky, has been amazing, wonderful, incredible and precious to see. They truly have a heart blessed with genuine love for the peoples of Zambia.

It has been refreshing and encouraging to watch God confirm and deepen their burden.

To see genuine tears run down the face of my Brother in Christ...

To watch him and Sis. Vicky SEE what we have been seeing for over 10 years ever since Esther and I came for the first time here to Zambia, and just over 8 years since we moved here permanently.

Truly, as Jeremiah said in Lamentations 3:51a "Mine eye affecteth mine heart..."

I have now seen another man, my Brother in Christ, truly weep for Zambia and her people. If any of you dear friends that lift us up and support us in prayers have wept, I thank you from the depths of my soul, but to SEE them here... WITH us...

I cannot tell you what that means to me...

To us.

God is doing something brethren and sisters.

I have acutely felt the agony of the seeming smallness of the number of Souls that have truly Submitted to the Righteousness of God (Romans 10:3) and given their lives to Christ here (I Cor. 6:19,20)...

I have seen and heard the criticisms, and examined myself, if the seeming small amount of "fruit" here was my fault...

I have adamantly resisted the temptation to get EASILY obtained "professions" of salvation here, and to cover blatant and egregious sins against the Word of God just so I could have "men that we are training" to look like a "successful" missionary...

But the Enemy of our Souls is always whispering, seeking to "...put a question mark where God has put a period" as I heard one time, and all our longing to see Indigenous, Autonomous, Biblical Baptist Zambian Churches that are self-governing, self-supporting, and MOST importantly of all, self-REPLICATING, at times seems like almost an impossible dream...

And then those two beautiful words in the Bible...

"But God..."

We are not able, sufficient, capable, or powerful enough to save a SINGLE precious, eternal soul...BUT GOD is!

We CANNOT establish, in our strength, Biblical Churches here...BUT GOD can!

We cannot, and will not try to, make people be broken, humble, live God's Word and lay down their lives to Serve Him...BUT GOD is able to do all that Spiritual Work in the lives of Precious Africans!

I am beyond encouraged, because after having (what I thought) was my closest earthly friends turn against me, having been rejected, slandered, and lied about by African men that we have sought to truly love and pour our lives into for years, having seen men, women, and young people make "professions" after carefully dealing with them for sometimes years, only to watch them abandon and walk away from the Truth...

God has yet again, through the Calling of Brother Wade, and bringing him and Sis. Vicky here to Africa, Confirmed and Comforted my heart, that He HAS truly Called us here, and He IS doing something, not only in a few lives, but linking lives across the globe, and only Eternity will fully show what His Plan, Purpose and Power has and will accomplish...for HIS Glory alone!

My wife and I together with our children KNOW what we are doing for the Lord with the time we have left.

Bro. Wade and Sis. Vicky KNOW what they are doing for the Lord with the time that they have left.

What are you doing for the Lord with the time you have left?

God doesn't call all to leave home, family, friends, country, possessions and comfort to go to the other side of the world to serve Him... but He does call ALL of His Children to be Filled, Faithful and Fruitful by His Grace and Power wherever they are.

Thank you for your faithful INTERCESSION on our behalf.

God.

Is.

Working.

Humbled and Rejoicing beyond words,

Bro. John Shrader

servant and Child of God

Historic Biblical Baptist Local-Church Sent Missionary

Kafue, Zambia

Sub-Saharan Africa

Pastor Rick-Jodi Shrader

Tri-County Baptist Church, Katy, Texas

And John honors himself for Father's Day

Spoiler

I was blessed beyond measure by my incredible wife and children to bless me for Father's Day with their precious hand-made cards (sharing their heart in them), gifts, and the most amazing meal (which we have not enjoyed since maybe a year ago or so) of lasagna (a massive pan to feed 16 people (since we were so blessed to have Bro. Wade and Sis. Vicky with us on their Survey Trip, as they will be joining our Team here, what an incredible and incalculable blessing from the Lord, and they even kindly gave me an awesome, practical, needed and MUCH appreciated early birthday gift!)

I am so humbled by the love and honor our children showed me, I am truly a wealthy man, not in lucre, but in love, not in cash, but in children, not in home equity, but in God's Heritage (Ps. 127), and not in stocks, but in Spiritual, God honoring, loving and following family.

That is true wealth, coupled with the Spiritual "riches" of salvation, service, the Holy Spirit, the Grace, Mercy and Love of God...

My heart is full.

Bro. John

Zambia

Edited by NoneIsEnough
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 8
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 5

It’s like a Gap Year for retirees! Be a missionary before you need to move to a nursing home. But because he’s a control freak he’s not going to hand the mission over to the new guy, but insist he’s still in charge of it while on the other side of the world. I wonder how much of this new couples retirement savings will need to be invested into the Zambia mission while John sends emails from Texas saying that the US donations to the mission have dried up because of Satan

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

We have had others visit us, and even one young man come for a few months to serve, but I've never seen someone come, like Esther and I did ten years ago in 2012, having already been truly God-Called.

First time I've seen the Canadian guy mentioned in a long while. Still wonder what happened there.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

(Me attempting to write like Johnny:)   John is a garrulous, bloviating, sesquipedalian, bombastic, magniloquent, narcissistic blowhard.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

How many kids does John and Esther have now?

12 with another due in October. Their kids range from ages 2 to 19.

53 minutes ago, snickerz said:

(Me attempting to write like Johnny:)   John is a garrulous, bloviating, sesquipedalian, bombastic, magniloquent, narcissistic blowhard.

Good but needs more alliteration. ;) 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

12 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

Even before they came on their Survey Trip, which they are remaining with just a few days left here, they were so sure of and convinced by God's Call on their life, that they sold their beautiful home and property, fully fulfilled their financial obligations in about 4 months (another simply amazing testimony), and came by Faith to visit us here

New airline, hadn't come across Faith as a carrier before...

I have seen and heard the criticisms, and examined myself, if the seeming small amount of "fruit" here was my fault...

Yes, yes it is. And no, no you haven't.

Bro. Wade and Sis. Vicky KNOW what they are doing for the Lord with the time that they have left.

I give it a year max before they return home, disillusioned with John and over his crap.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

New airline, hadn't come across Faith as a carrier before...

Yes, yes it is. And no, no you haven't.

I give it a year max before they return home, disillusioned with John and over his crap.

I agree totally. I hope they haven’t given John any of the proceeds from their house sale and have their retirement funds safely secure elsewhere. John will take every red cent and more. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Yeah, this guy won't last, just like none of the others who have come won't last. 

John posts about himself for Father's Day, but I don't recall him doing anything for Esther for Mother's Day. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

First, @NoneIsEnough, thanks for posting that Shrader-gram.  The length and over-the-top effusive tone project a manic vibe.  

Shrader: "Honestly I was blown away, as we have been praying for God to raise up Laborers, and especially, seeking to be as Obedient to God and His Word as possible, have deeply desired to be part of a Sent Team, as exemplified by the way Christ Sent, and the N.T. example of Missionary Teams as well!"   Oh, boy. 

John is basically setting himself up as God -- no Zambian can meet his crazy exacting standards on what it means to be saved.  When people realize this, they start to pull away.  He really is a terrible person. 

With  Bro. Wade Mears I think it could go one of two ways.  Let's say Bro. Wade Mears is a super nice, sincere guy, wanting to meet Zambians where they are, getting to know them, actually LIKING them, learning the language, etc.  He'll gradually come to realize that John is a complete controlling ass, who has zero idea how to be a caring missionary and who drives people away from his church.  

Alternately, he turns out to be worse than John.  Either way, I can't imagine it working out. 

And this? "...and even one young man come for a few months to serve..."   Didn't the Canadian guy sell his possessions prior to heading over to Zambia for his new life as a missionary? 

• Upvote 15

I just can't get over how long-winded John is. He describes hours-long Bible sessions. These aren't converts looking for theological training. These are people who are supposedly curious about the Christian god.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

John confuses interest or curiosity about god with interest in him.
He never shuts up and doesn’t realize that he is actively boring and turning away any potential converts with his condescension and obscenely long sermons and services. John would never tell us but I would love to know if anyone just gets up and walks away during his services.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

On 5/6/2022 at 9:17 AM, gustava said:

"Opened her womb" makes me want to vomit.   She laid back, closed her eyes, thought of "England"...and he fucked her.

Deepest sympathies for her having to endure that, John no doubt cares only about his own pleasure 

• I Agree 3

So apparently John has allowed Esther a bit of access to Facebook! She had a Mother’s Day post in 2020, maybe two posts in 2021, and another for 2022. How generous and benevolent of him! 🤢 

Also, it appears there was a horrific fundie attempted murder-completes suicide recently: https://www.kwqc.com/2022/06/20/lee-county-deputies-investigate-after-1-found-dead-another-injured-amboy/

John posted a link to the go fund me. The woman who was attacked was only 19, and her now-late husband was 21.

Terrible story all around. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3

25 minutes ago, NoneIsEnough said:

Esther has had her facebook for quite a long time, she just rarely uses it. 

At some point, John decreed that her personal account was unnecessary, since he was running the family page. He didn’t make her delete it, though.

March 2020 and beyond destroyed any sense of time I ever had, but I recall that comment because it was a giant red flag to me. You can see on her page that she was somewhat active until 2015 (so I suppose we now know when John banned her access). Five years without a post, then a tiny number of postings.

Not sure if it’s his desire for ultimate control or fear of people asking Esther questions (or perhaps both!), but he definitely told her to stay off for quite awhile. It was remarkable too, since he’s already taken her to Zambia and ensured she always has too many children around, but apparently he wanted to isolate her even further.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, apandaaries said:

At some point, John decreed that her personal account was unnecessary, since he was running the family page. He didn’t make her delete it, though.

March 2020 and beyond destroyed any sense of time I ever had, but I recall that comment because it was a giant red flag to me. You can see on her page that she was somewhat active until 2015 (so I suppose we now know when John banned her access). Five years without a post, then a tiny number of postings.

Not sure if it’s his desire for ultimate control or fear of people asking Esther questions (or perhaps both!), but he definitely told her to stay off for quite awhile. It was remarkable too, since he’s already taken her to Zambia and ensured she always has too many children around, but apparently he wanted to isolate her even further.

Oh yes, that does sound familiar now. I had forgot about that. 

• Upvote 2

John's post about Father's Day with pics, in case anyone hasn't seen them yet:

Spoiler

1434045442_Screenshot(10167).png.380bc5b9bdb6d4e3f17a12fa8c15044d.png

And, Lord help us, Johnny has been writing poetry again.  I don't understand how he thinks he's so good and he's honestly terrible at it.  Even if he sort of gets a rhyme scheme, his meter and beats are off.  Full disclosure:  I couldn't bear to read the whole thing.

Spoiler

921612520_Screenshot(10164).png.458b597fe735da719eec78fbf5779c75.png344193057_Screenshot(10165).png.4421df0612d7716a0c10c739e51908b5.png

I love that he now thinks he's "historical Biblical Baptist".

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 7
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic