IGNORED

John Shrader 20: The Little Plane that Dared

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

John has posted a quote and photo of Charles Spurgeon ("the prince of preachers" according to the FB group it's from). The quote is about the world not being a Christian's friend, but the photo... Why did no one tell me that Spurgeon looks like an otter??

Hide contents

120265636_10157758089067374_5068457336738885952_n.jpg.a8e066e5596a682825ccc90b57c38203.jpg

otter.jpg.24500dadca578f10d0ba16bbc74b329a.jpg

Stop dissing otters!?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2

I was curious what response (if any) John had to last week's events. He has posted twice - first sharing a poem he posted to his poetry FB page in 2017, and then with this quite long  screed:

Spoiler

330356190_Screenshot_20210113-072356_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.1957fa1069ca6396e9406b795882d91a.jpg1881623986_Screenshot_20210113-072413_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.19da60452248982d3504a75fa3d0ce29.jpg

1. The election was free, fair and generally agreed by observers to be free of corruption. You want to talk about silencing of voices? Take a look at some of America's own electoral history.

2. Good idea. Try looking at your history again, and then thinking about it.

3. Not sure taking a knee is what your US supporters want to hear here, but if it keeps you busy go for it.

4. "Selah". Thought about it. No idea what you're on.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

John has a new convert, that he took a picture of while he was praying and posted to Facebook (hopefully with his permission, although he doesn't explicitly say so). Apparently they've been praying for this guy to convert for six years, and there he now is. So curious now as to how many actual converts John now has in his church.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

Enoch turns 18 today - what are the odds John-boy acknowledges this major milestone? I hope Enoch has some sort of plan for the future other than grifting. Maybe they will send him back to the US? I can't imagine John will want around a mouth to feed that he doesn't legally have to anymore .

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, anjulibai said:

Enoch turns 18 today - what are the odds John-boy acknowledges this major milestone? I hope Enoch has some sort of plan for the future other than grifting. Maybe they will send him back to the US? I can't imagine John will want around a mouth to feed that he doesn't legally have to anymore .

John posted a birthday message for Enoch, and said he's going to stick around and will go to the Technical College.

Spoiler

Our wonderful firstborn son, Enoch, turned 18 on Sunday, the 17th of January, 2012

It's hard to believe we now have an 18 year old! How quickly the years have passed since he was an 11 year old boy helping kill cobras in the yard of the house we rented at that time (we've since moved, and only killed 2-3 snakes at this rental house), or as a 12 year old boy going with me from our ministry base here in Zambia into neighboring Zimbabwe to preach and along the way the Lord blessed him with an incredible Tiger fish in the worst time of year to go fishing for them, the heart of our "winter" or coldest time of the year!

Enoch has been and is an incredible blessing from the Lord to our family, and has greatly assisted and served not only our family, but the Lord and the Zambian people in the work here.

He is about to graduate from High School, and loves Jesus, his Family, Souls, mechanics, music (learning and playing on his guitar), basketball, and plans on, Lord Willing, taking a intensive course at a Technical College in the Capitol in mechanics, as well as going through our Theological Bible College training here at Truth Biblical Baptist Church in Kafue, Zambia.

As you can imagine, Esther and I and the badly are thrilled that he plans to stay around a while, and keep serving the Lord and preparing here at this time!

Enoch is growing into a fine man, who has now surpassed me in height, and I can truly say that he is growing is wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and man.

He's a hard working, fine young man who we are so blessed to call "son," "brother," and "friend".

We thank the Lord for the gift of Enoch, and are so delighted to see him Loving God Passionately, Loving Others Sincerely, and doing his part in our family by God's Grace to Reach the World Effectively!

Happy and Blessed 18th Birthday son, we love you!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 10

4 hours ago, NoneIsEnough said:

John posted a birthday message for Enoch, and said he's going to stick around and will go to the Technical College.

Hide contents

Our wonderful firstborn son, Enoch, turned 18 on Sunday, the 17th of January, 2012

It's hard to believe we now have an 18 year old! How quickly the years have passed since he was an 11 year old boy helping kill cobras in the yard of the house we rented at that time (we've since moved, and only killed 2-3 snakes at this rental house), or as a 12 year old boy going with me from our ministry base here in Zambia into neighboring Zimbabwe to preach and along the way the Lord blessed him with an incredible Tiger fish in the worst time of year to go fishing for them, the heart of our "winter" or coldest time of the year!

Enoch has been and is an incredible blessing from the Lord to our family, and has greatly assisted and served not only our family, but the Lord and the Zambian people in the work here.

He is about to graduate from High School, and loves Jesus, his Family, Souls, mechanics, music (learning and playing on his guitar), basketball, and plans on, Lord Willing, taking a intensive course at a Technical College in the Capitol in mechanics, as well as going through our Theological Bible College training here at Truth Biblical Baptist Church in Kafue, Zambia.

As you can imagine, Esther and I and the badly are thrilled that he plans to stay around a while, and keep serving the Lord and preparing here at this time!

Enoch is growing into a fine man, who has now surpassed me in height, and I can truly say that he is growing is wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and man.

He's a hard working, fine young man who we are so blessed to call "son," "brother," and "friend".

We thank the Lord for the gift of Enoch, and are so delighted to see him Loving God Passionately, Loving Others Sincerely, and doing his part in our family by God's Grace to Reach the World Effectively!

Happy and Blessed 18th Birthday son, we love you!

I’m glad Enoch is going to an actual school at the Technical College-hopefully he will decide to actually stay in Lusaka and leave crazy behind.
Typical John making it alllll about himself and his ministry in the first two paragraphs. The final few are fine, though. 

• Upvote 15

12 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I’m glad Enoch is going to an actual school at the Technical College-hopefully he will decide to actually stay in Lusaka and leave crazy behind.
Typical John making it alllll about himself and his ministry in the first two paragraphs. The final few are fine, though. 

The part that got to me is when John said that Enoch would be "going through our Theological Bible College training here at Truth Biblical Baptist Church in Kafue, Zambia."  That isn't a college.  It's just more of John deciding what Bible passages Enoch should study.  You shouldn't be able to just call everything a college.

There were pics too.  This one is the winner.  The fundies do love their guns, don't they?  (I edited out the upper part of Enoch's face as I'm not sure whether John asked him if it was okay to publicly post his picture.)

Spoiler

381528505_Screenshot(2996).png.259913df683d16be20186d7860054d7f.png

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 8

and plans on, Lord Willing, taking an intensive course at a Technical College in the Capitol in mechanics. 

How is he going to pay for this? 

"The Capitol" of Lusaka is an hour's drive away from Kafue. 

Absolutely awesome that he plans on acquiring a skill that is both marketable and portable.  I desperately hope he's acquired sufficient interpersonal skills (from his mother) to keep a job once he's employed.  I'd truly hate to see another TimBits scenario play out. 

As you can imagine, Esther and I and the badly (?) are thrilled that he plans to stay around a while, and keep serving the Lord and preparing here at this time!

It sounds as though Enoch has pondered his future and contemplated returning to the USA but decided to stay home for awhile.  I'll be OK with this IF he goes forward with his training course STAT, gets a job and financial stability and is eventually able to launch from the Shrader Borg.  So, can 'o worms time.  Can Enoch get dual Zambian/US citizenship?  What are rules about non-citizens working in Zambia?

Run away, Enoch, run away! 

as well as going through our Theological Bible College training here at Truth Biblical Baptist Church in Kafue, Zambia.

Gah! 

So, a scenario of Enoch moving to Katy and living with the grandparents: Houston Community College has a campus in Katy with an impressive range of offerings, but no automotive program.  However, Katy is in the process of turning into a commuter suburb of Houston; there would be no lack of access to a community college offering what he needs not too far from Katy. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

John's an utter piece of crap who's handicapping his son. We all know his "Bible College" is worthless, of course. Sadly the mechanics course won't be much better. The Technical College in the "Capitol" of Lusaka does have some good mechanics programs Enoch could do. But the "Intensive Course" he'll be doing "God willing" is only a 1 WEEK course, and costs less than $25. John has no intentions of giving his son real, marketable skills. The poor kid has no chance.

http://www.lbtc.ac.zm/downloads/short courses.pdf

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 10
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 9

3 hours ago, snickerz said:

But the "Intensive Course" he'll be doing "God willing" is only a 1 WEEK course, and costs less than $25.

Nooooooooooooooooo! What would he learn in a week? Dip stick, oil change and tire pressure?

Then, on the other hand, he's homeschooled and loves mechanics.  In the fundy world, what else is needed, right, because God?

Sheeesh, this is depressing. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

John justifies using Facebook despite 'censorship', and has a 'desire' for a missionary app. I guess he's moved on from hymn translation for now. ?

Spoiler

Our Family and Ministry Current Position on using Facebook (End Goal = A dedicated Ministry App for those wishing to stay in touch)

Dear Prayer Partners, Friends, and Supporters,

We are aware that, due to the censorship and other issues, many are "cutting the cord" in regards to using Facebook. This is why we will continue to use it for now.

An Independent, local-church-only-sent Baptist Missionary faces many challenges. You have to become semi-literate in video editing and production (for your presentation video/s), graphic design (for your prayer card), and communications (for keeping in touch with those willing to pray for your ministry).

I muddled though and managed to figure out how to make basic videos, producing not only the narrative but also the background music (that was the easiest part, lol, the music), and have managed somewhat to accomplish keeping up with Prayer Cards, but ONE major area I never conquered was website design! Not for lack of trying, mind you, but being the father of (then 8 children and adding), preparing to sell our house, land, and many of our early possessions and move to the other side of the world and start ministering from the ground up in an area where there are no other Missionaries close to us, well... some things had to give.

Lol, I even set up a Tweeting (yes, I know that's not the Official name) account, which I've since deleted after years of non-use.

Well, long story slightly shorter, Facebook was my fallback.

It has allowed several thousand people the option to, when they want, check in and be aware of the ministry here, the tragedies and trials as well as the triumphs.

It has been, and I can't state this clearly enough, invaluable for getting out serious prayer requests quickly such as when our son Nehemiah has needed prayer for seizures.

I have intentionally sought to avoid political and argumentative discussions (even though I feel very strongly about such), seeking to mainly keep the page focused on ministerial and Biblical thoughts, posts, etc.

One of the desires of my heart, as an End Goal would be a FREE dedicated Ministry App for those wishing to stay in touch. Something that could deliver FB like "posts" directly to an App on a phone. This has many challenges. There are two main platforms. Apple and Android. I am, without a doubt, technologically challenged. I've bought a DIY App builder, but...well, not making much progress there (lol at myself)

I would love to have a simple app that has a section for updates, another for official prayer letters, maybe a download option for my free piano music cds with original arrangements of classic hymns that I've produced and use to give away free cds of (those days are mostly passed), but I digress. If the Lord ever allowed this to come to fruition, the App, just like our practice here on FB and our Prayer Letters, would NEVER be used to appeal for funds or support or love offerings, our conviction based on the Command of Jesus Christ in Matthew 6:6.

Another reason for staying with FB is that it is free to use here in Africa, no data bundles required. Some Zambians spend up to 1/3 to 1/3 of their disposable incomes on data and talk time (all pre-paid, mostly bought .05-.10 cents worth at a time), and moving to another platform would cut them off from contact with us and our ministry updates through FB.

Anyways, for now, we will continue to use this free and fairly user friendly option for sharing brief and fairly regular updates (with pictures and the occasional video) for those interested in supporting us in prayer and keeping aware of what God is doing here in Sub-Saharan Africa.

Thank you so much for your faithful prayers, encouragement and support dear friends.

For Christ's Increase and Glory,

Bro. John and

Esther Shrader

and the kids

Historic Unaffiliated Unashamed Biblical Baptist Local Church Sent Missionaries

Zambia, Sub-Saharan Africa

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12

So now he's grifting for an App? That is some high-level grifting. How would that even work?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Hmmmm, I wonder if Enoch is planning on following John in "missionary" work and will enroll in John's Biblical Baptist College Seminary scam educational institution because he will then be eligible for a  visa to remain in Zambia. 

• Upvote 9

On 1/29/2021 at 12:37 PM, NoneIsEnough said:

John justifies using Facebook despite 'censorship', and has a 'desire' for a missionary app

Basically he's admitting he can't work technology, and Facebook is comfortable.

• Upvote 15

Looks like Johnny's getting some pushback from somewhere again. Also it makes me giggle that this has 69 reactions, because I'm 12. 

1056215386_20210206shrader.jpg.1f9bb4baa09139691e59c0c067ada228.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 6

John could lose his entire flock and he'd chalk it up to it being proof he's doing his god's work. He would take it as proof the devil's working overtime because John's so godly and doctrinally sound. He's sacrificed emotional intelligence and self-awareness (and his family!) on his personal altar of arrogance and delusion.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

Newest post up from John.  Apparently, a local woman came to them to be baptized and join their church.  She was deeply troubled that her usual Baptist church still believed in witchcraft and that the local hospital even advises people to use witch doctors.  

John uses many, many paragraphs to talk about how upset he is and how much he needs everyone to pray for them and their mission.  He admits that he's gotten criticism for going to a Christian country and trying to get people to use his kind of Christianity.  His defense is that many of the Christian churches still go by being saved by works and by their baptism instead of John's way which is believing in "the most basic Truth of the Words of God".  I imagine this means the same thing that Dave and Jill and Bro Gary preach.  You have to constantly go around talking about how Jesus saved you with his blood.  John also claims that the local churches allow "fornication and drunkenness" and "great wickedness".  John adds that the new convert appreciated that he and his church stress "modesty of dress".  What is it with these fundies and their clothing rules?

I think that John is still in a manic phase but doesn't have a project on which he wants to work.  He's obsessing now about issues like witch doctors and thinking that Satan is working through them, thus -- he's under attack.  He also needs to gin up more support and  what's better than Satan/witchcraft to get the good folks back home to open their hearts and their wallets.

He stresses that he is not asking for money but is asking for prayers.  (Yeah.  Sure, John...)  His heart is burdened.  He's troubled that there are people who are going to go to Hell if people don't pray enough for those lost souls to find their way to his set of beliefs.  So, typical fundie talk and typical John.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 13
  • Love 1

Hey y'all, someone on FSU recommended the TikTok videos of a woman who was raised in IBLP and is now 30 and left the cult.  Her TikTok name is mzschmooo.  (Real name Evangeline).  Anyway, I've been watching them today and in the one I just watched she says that at the church she used to belong to, the pastor's son married Esther Keller (this was answering the question of what she thinks of Josh Duggar so she explained how she met him).  I'm still working my way thru the videos so I don't know if anyone has asked her about her opinions on John Shrader.  

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 12

Now I've finished watching all of the mzschmooo TikToks that have been posted so far (last batch was her reactions to the Josh and Anna wedding episode).  No more mention of Rick or John Shrader but there was a moment in the wedding video where she recognized her former pastor's wife from the church she got kicked out of so I'm assuming that's John's mom unless she attended more than one church.  She also mentions that she had been friends with Suzanne Keller since they were both a little on the wild side.    

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

John put up another Facebook post.  (He's still in his manic phase.)  I think he thought the last one wasn't upbeat enough so this one is long and full of how the Lord has blessed him recently.  Some fool donated $10,000.00 and John, of course, used it for printing equipment.  It's not as if he has a bunch of kids to feed and clothe.... oh, wait... He does!  

Spoiler

God is continuing to provide in MIRACULOUS and incredible ways. A man just donated $10,000.00 for new printing equipment. Incredible! WITHOUT him knowing we had mostly old and failing equipment we bought used over 7 years ago and brought with us, except for one new Copy-Printer a supporting church amazingly bought for us when we came here! Most of our supporting equipment was worn out when we bought it, like the folders, and joggers, some too old to even get parts. This sacrificial gift has purchased a $5,000.00 state of the art, larger, heavier Copy-Printer plus almost another Grand of 1 litre tubes of ink, Master Rolls, and even spare high-wear parts to have on hand like the Feed Roller!! Then, the same with a BRAND NEW Martin Yale folder, American built but modified to 220v, that can also handle up to A3 size paper, also with spare feed rollers, belts, and other misc spare parts, in total a $3,000.00 provision, and a $500.00 Paper Jogger, same company and 220v motor upgrade, a necessary piece of equipment for straightening and "squaring" up the paper for the second side printing run through the Copy-Printer! We are pinching ourselves at God's Miraculous provision in this and so many other ways, special offerings sent, needs ALWAYS and MIRACULOUSLY met...WITHOUT asking. You have seen we don't appeal for funds in our emails!!!

He also ran afoul of some government regulations and had to get that straightened out.  I love the way he says, "we were following almost every single one of the guidelines".  He doesn't say he followed all of them -- just almost all of them.

Spoiler

For instance, a few unreasonable individuals from the local Govt came in and broke up a service a few weeks ago, but yet we were following almost every single one of the guidelines! (They made some up which were not officially from the Ministry of Health, and were very prideful to say the least!)

God gave us, yet again, favor in the eyes of the highest Official here in our area when we went and met with him. God has raised him up time and time again to advocate for us, whether here locally, or to the head of Immigration in the Capitol...it is nothing short of Amazing. Miraculous, actually. There is no issue at all, and he is very happy with the compliance and spoke to those individuals on our behalf, resolving the situation.

John continues to lead a charmed life.  He also continues to post about himself and the church instead of his family.  If they didn't help him out with something, they don't get mentioned.  I just hope Nehemiah is doing okay now.

If the Kellers had been any sort of decent parents they would have helped Esther locate her spine and kick John to the curb long ago.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

I noticed that "almost all the guidelines" too.

He's definitely in a manic phase. I hope he calms down soon. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

On 2/11/2021 at 5:20 PM, Xan said:

His defense is that many of the Christian churches still go by being saved by works and by their baptism instead of John's way which is believing in "the most basic Truth of the Words of God".

Josh Hawley (WN-Asshole) is a US representative from Missouri, although he does not appear to live there.   The WN refers to Wing Nut or White Nationalist, either of which certainly apply.   Rep. Hawley has given numerous speeches denouncing the beliefs of the monk Pelagius, born in Britain around 360 AD.  Hawley is very bitter about Pelagius, who was a free will & grace-by-works kinda guy.  As you can probably guess, Hawley is a By Grace Alone fanatic, just like John. 

New York Times: The Roots of Josh Hawley’s Rage   Why do so many Republicans appear to be at war with both truth and democracy? (not behind a paywall)

relevant <snip>

Mr. Hawley denounced Pelagius for teaching that human beings have the freedom to choose how they live their lives and that grace comes to those who do good things, as opposed to those who believe the right doctrines...

...The fifth-century church fathers were right to condemn this terrifying variety of heresy, Mr. Hawley argued: “Replacing it and repairing the harm it has caused is one of the challenges of our day.”

Edited by Howl
  • Thank You 7

5 hours ago, Howl said:

Hawley is a By Grace Alone fanatic, just like John. 

What I find bizarre about these type of guys is that OK, they believe that only God has the power to absolve you, but then they don't live in a way to make it obvious that anything has changed for them. So they may as well follow whichever philosopher it was who basically said "eat, drink and be merry - and repent on your deathbed" for all the living their faith that they apparently do.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic