IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!

samurai_sarah

I think there was a picture of Josh with a smartphone recently so he probably does have internet. Whether anyone is checking his browser- who knows? The problem for that family seems to be that he got caught, not what he did. He’s no longer on the show so if he got caught again they’d argue it’s irrelevant as far as the show is concerned. I’m sure JB had a fantasy of long term Josh & Anna creeping back on the show (& it’s clear Anna thinks they should be). We have no idea if Josh cares as long as his rent is paid. 
I think Anna was very much up for being the wife of a bigoted politician - I’m sure her views are her own. 

• Upvote 22
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Idlewild said:

I think Anna was very much up for being the wife of a bigoted politician - I’m sure her views are her own. 

Oh I definitely think her views are her own, I never liked her. I just think she used to be much quieter about her abhorrent beliefs (and in general) and I think everything that happened with Josh led to an internal crossroads, and the road she picked was "no, I'm all in, I absolutely believe in this, I'm fully committed" and then she got LOUD about it. Maybe now she feels like she has to be extra godly to make up for Josh. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

20 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Oh I definitely think her views are her own, I never liked her. I just think she used to be much quieter about her abhorrent beliefs (and in general) and I think everything that happened with Josh led to an internal crossroads, and the road she picked was "no, I'm all in, I absolutely believe in this, I'm fully committed" and then she got LOUD about it. Maybe now she feels like she has to be extra godly to make up for Josh. 

whether or not you agree with her views maybe her being more vocal is a sign of growing confidence.

If I had to stay in her marriage I would go for everything I want and not give two F*cks and hold divorce over jumbo and Michelle's head

• Upvote 9

30 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I think there was a picture of Josh with a smartphone recently so he probably does have internet. Whether anyone is checking his browser- who knows? The problem for that family seems to be that he got caught, not what he did. He’s no longer on the show so if he got caught again they’d argue it’s irrelevant as far as the show is concerned. I’m sure JB had a fantasy of long term Josh & Anna creeping back on the show (& it’s clear Anna thinks they should be). We have no idea if Josh cares as long as his rent is paid. 

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have some sort of monitoring software on his phone. Didn't the Duggars just reveal the monitor the unmarried children's/adult's phones? If not, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same software as the Maxwell's. 

Anna is on the show. She was front and center in one of the episodes. She didn't get a birth special for Maryella and Josh isn't on the show. 

• Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'd be very surprised if he doesn't have some sort of monitoring software on his phone. Didn't the Duggars just reveal the monitor the unmarried children's/adult's phones? If not, I wouldn't be surprised if they had the same software as the Maxwell's

They use Covenant Eyes.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

17 hours ago, raayx01 said:

whether or not you agree with her views maybe her being more vocal is a sign of growing confidence.

If I had to stay in her marriage I would go for everything I want and not give two F*cks and hold divorce over jumbo and Michelle's head

Sure, that's how any of us would react, but I don't think that is how Anna is reacting nor does her attitude/vocalness give me that impression. Not that it is possible to know.

• Upvote 6

Kind of hard to both hold yourself up as the ultimate example of a godly wife and threaten divorce constantly. I think she's picking the smug martyr route for sure.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

Anna and Josh put up their Christmas tree (they have hardly any decorations and it's a bit depressing), but in her stories Anna gives us a 360 view of their whole, windowless (ofc) living room. Just thought it was good confirmation if people still weren't sure that they lived in that warehouse with almost no windows (I will concede that Maryella appears to have one in her nursery)

Edited by wendy-sparkles
  • Upvote 21
  • Thank You 4

So far that’s Jessa and Anna that have done the Christmas tree early thing. I know 2020 has been a shitshow for many people but I don’t see how the Duggars are affected - they’ve still travelled about, they’ve always homeschooled and none of them are employed so presumably they haven’t had the problems of losing their jobs. Plus they probably all claimed the stimulus payment.

Are they decorating because they are depressed about the election? Christmas is supposed to be a holy event- the birth of Christ - yet they are using it as an excuse to decorate and indulge. Maybe they think it makes them ‘relate able’ but for me it just adds to their list of hypocrisy and fakeness.

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

in her stories Anna gives us a 360 view of their whole, windowless (ofc) living room. Just thought it was good confirmation if people still weren't sure that they lived in that warehouse with almost no windows (I will concede that Maryella appears to have one in her nursery)

Yep, I can't refute it in my head any longer.

• Upvote 1

For a room to be considered to be a bedroom, it have to have egress, another route of escape in case of fire.  It is almost always a window although I suppose it could be a door which led outside. I don't think another door which led into the house could be considered an egress by the building code. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

That seems so depressing to not have any windows. I watched her story and it just looks so odd. You’d think that with all the Duggar kids in construction that they could add windows. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

I live in an apartment complex and many of my neighbors have their balconies decorated in lights and inflatables (so..many...inflatables!) and you can also see their Christmas tree through the windows. IDK if it's a "2020, anything goes thing" but I'm seeing Christmas EVERYWHERE now.

I personally like to get through Thanksgiving first :)

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

I wonder if they've been promised to take over the TTH in a couple of years if they behave (aka Josh not getting caught with something again and Anna popping out a kid every two years, and they stay put in the warehouse until then). Jump forward 5 years, and only Jordyn and Josie will be under 18. Most of the elder siblings will probably be married off. If Anna keeps to her schedule, they will have 8 kids. I don't think that JB/Meechelle will stay in the TTH with just two kids. I would not be surprised if there's some sort of arrangement here. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

idk, I think Jim Bob and Michelle like having the big house not just for their kids but also to host those huge fundie parties and as part of their ministry? eg that election party, them inviting a bunch of randoms over for christmas. I doubt they'll give in up within any timeline as short as five years, plus they'll probably have a fair number of adult children still living at home, if we look at how long it took eg JD to get married, or Jana who is still unmarried. I think they'll be in that house bare minimum until they have no adult kids at all at home and they're old enough to be ~retired from hosting duties. I think it's more likely that Josh and Anna build their own house on the Duggar land (maybe that's what they're saving up for, since they can't go into debt?). The timeline is just too long and unsure over when they would get the main house.

Also, I reckon whoever gets the big house will become a sort of defacto head of the family, since it's the only place big enough to host the entire family - and so now you're in charge of christmas, easter, thanksgiving, family night. Jim Bob and Michelle are not giving that up until they absolutely have to, and I doubt Jim Bob wants it to be Josh when he does. Probably he wants to give it to a kid who'll do whatever he says (Joseph? he might have enough kids too), not Josh who does it begrudgingly and because he has no other choice.

Edited by wendy-sparkles
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 4

We started decorating this weekend. I just felt like christmas lights and some christmas-y green on my front stairs.

We won't put up our christmas tree until  right before christmas though.

• Upvote 3

I wonder if JB has nominated his heir to the ministry? I can see Jessa defying her gender role and asserting herself - she’s stuck to the script, avoided scandal and is popular with viewers & more media savvy than any of the sons. 

• Upvote 12

4 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

I wonder if JB has nominated his heir to the ministry? I can see Jessa defying her gender role and asserting herself - she’s stuck to the script, avoided scandal and is popular with viewers & more media savvy than any of the sons. 

And she and Ben are good looking and have really cute kids, which also could be a bonus with viewers.
When it comes to ideology Joy&Austin and Joe&Kendra seem to be much more into the cult.

• Upvote 7

All right, I'll throw in a guess for the heir...

1) Joseph and Kendra... both deep in kool-aid and not much chance at all for Kendra to lead Joe out of the cult. Also, Joe has his realtor license and is likely learning a lot of JB's business. They could trade houses and give Michelle all the peace and quiet she *really* wants!

2) Jessa and Ben... very dutiful, and like @Idlewild said, Jessa is popular. Ben is already beholden to JB and will likely remain his gofer. I've even wondered if Jessa and Ben are staying put until they get to move into the TTH. JB/M could use the downstairs guest room.

3) Josh and Anna... only because oldest son and Anna will stick with it no matter what, but there would always be the chance of another Josh scandal so I doubt this one.

JD and Abbie could be in the running but they kind of seem like they wouldn't want that. It does seem like the other siblings respect JD in a way they will never respect Josh.

I don't know what would happen with Jana if she is not married by the time JB/M acquiesce their house. They'd probably build her a place there on the property and she could finally get some peace and quiet that she rightfully deserves.

• Upvote 10

JD’s involvement with the Mediccorps nonsense has put him in a new light for me. I used to think he was just in the show to keep the peace - now I think he’s all for pushing his version of Christianity on vulnerable people and making a few bucks off it in the process. Plus he’s a pilot apparently.

• Upvote 13

I do think Jessa is a good bet for taking over the mantle - Jim Bob doesn't seem competitive with his daughters like he is with his sons, and Ben is exactly 0% of a threat to him. She's probably the main character on the show which is their 'ministry', and she probably has the nous to actually run things.

Edited to add: I don't think Jessa wants the house though. Too much housework l o l

Edited by wendy-sparkles
  • Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic