IGNORED

Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

: I don't think Jessa wants the house though. Too much housework l o l

I can see the power totally going to her head and she’d have Anna come over and do her cleaning in return for having a house and Ben educating the children. I’d totally watch it if Jessa turned into a Joan Crawford style diva!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8

On 11/15/2020 at 1:07 AM, Idlewild said:

So far that’s Jessa and Anna that have done the Christmas tree early thing. I know 2020 has been a shitshow for many people but I don’t see how the Duggars are affected - they’ve still travelled about, they’ve always homeschooled and none of them are employed so presumably they haven’t had the problems of losing their jobs. Plus they probably all claimed the stimulus payment.

Are they decorating because they are depressed about the election? Christmas is supposed to be a holy event- the birth of Christ - yet they are using it as an excuse to decorate and indulge. Maybe they think it makes them ‘relate able’ but for me it just adds to their list of hypocrisy and fakeness.

This feels like a stretch. There's so much to criticize them for that I feel like we don't need to make things up. 

Christmas is everywhere right now. Maybe because it's 2020 and people's mental health are suffering, but I think it's pretty common in general to put up your Christmas decorations after November 11th. 

• Upvote 9

I get why everyone wants to just skip to Christmas because it doesn't seem like there's a Lot to be grateful for this year, but with everyone out of a job it's not like everyone can even afford Christmas. 

• Upvote 8
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • I Agree 3

I still think Josh will be head of the family. Ma and pa duggar don’t think he has done anything wrong and will stick with tradition. I still remember an episode where ma and pa duggar went away and josh came over to the house and basically said in no uncertain terms he would be head of the family if something happened to family. The bowlers and the lost girls were in chaos if I recall. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

52 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

I still think Josh will be head of the family. Ma and pa duggar don’t think he has done anything wrong and will stick with tradition. I still remember an episode where ma and pa duggar went away and josh came over to the house and basically said in no uncertain terms he would be head of the family if something happened to family. The bowlers and the lost girls were in chaos if I recall. 

But if they want to continue the show -and despite how boring it is it does seem to keep rolling on-would TLC deal with Josh? The Duggars love their warped patriarchy but they love money more. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

That was a long time ago. At that time he was the only adult in the second generation. Now there are several adults who could take over. I also think that the scandal freed the other siblings to make it clear how much they disliked Josh, and that he remains very unpopular within the family (largely for reasons other than the molestations). Plus, Josh is an embarrassment to them, and TLC would definitely have a problem with continuing to film there if he owned the house. And given their relatively low fertility, other siblings will need the big house more.

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Spelling looked wrong, but wasn’t
  • Upvote 16
  • Love 1

I could see the Big House just being used forever as a place for family gatherings, school for whatever group of kids and rented /loaned out for conferences and worship retreats. Michelle and JB aren’t that old, they could be there another 30 years, and there is an endless stream of family and friend helpers to keep it clean and maintained. Even after they pass away or decide to move to a smaller spot , not giving it to one kid would probably be smartest. 
There’s plenty of room on the land for the next generation of adults to build their own homes, or take over one of the other properties the family owns. And they have the work crew to do it. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

On 11/17/2020 at 3:47 AM, Idlewild said:

But if they want to continue the show -and despite how boring it is it does seem to keep rolling on-would TLC deal with Josh? The Duggars love their warped patriarchy but they love money more. 

He doesn’t have to be on the show to keep the show rolling. He just needs enough of his cleaner siblings under his thumb, like they’re currently under JB’s. If JB picks him, he’s got the power.

Edited by BadMurphy
  • Upvote 4

@BadMurphy I agree but I can’t see TLC handing over the payment to Josh for him to distribute, I can see at least some of the siblings resenting him and Anna thinks they should be all back on the show- if Josh and Anna started inserting themselves in the show like JB & M are doing I can see there being more pushback. I really hope the show ends before it comes to that - these people need to get proper jobs and not be rewarded for having lots of kids and not taking responsibility for being shit parents.

• Upvote 11

Anna would love them on the show more. I don't think he should ever be back as a regular on the show but I do think it is stupid trying to hide him at events we know he is at, it isn't fooling anyone. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

On 11/15/2020 at 12:07 AM, wendy-sparkles said:

Maryella appears to have one in her nurser

Damn it! Another kid I forgot about! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 2

On 11/16/2020 at 1:23 PM, viii said:

This feels like a stretch. There's so much to criticize them for that I feel like we don't need to make things up. 

Christmas is everywhere right now. Maybe because it's 2020 and people's mental health are suffering, but I think it's pretty common in general to put up your Christmas decorations after November 11th. 

I had an appointment at someone's house last week. Christmas tree up and decorated, wrapped gifts under the tree already! I think a lot of people are looking forward to Christmas this year.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

13 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I could see the Big House just being used forever as a place for family gatherings, school for whatever group of kids and rented /loaned out for conferences and worship retreats. Michelle and JB aren’t that old, they could be there another 30 years, and there is an endless stream of family and friend helpers to keep it clean and maintained. Even after they pass away or decide to move to a smaller spot , not giving it to one kid would probably be smartest. 
There’s plenty of room on the land for the next generation of adults to build their own homes, or take over one of the other properties the family owns. And they have the work crew to do it. 

Using the big house a "conference house" (or something like that) and having a lot of little houses with 3rd generation Duggar families around it will turn the whole place into real cultish compound. But I can totally imagine that.

5 hours ago, Scrappinmac said:

I had an appointment at someone's house last week. Christmas tree up and decorated, wrapped gifts under the tree already! I think a lot of people are looking forward to Christmas this year.

I'll did some decorating already, because I felt like it. I'll decorate the rest of the house (except for the tree which we will get a few days before Christmas Eve) the upcoming week so everything will be ready for the first advent sunday.

I am kind of torn. I'm looking forward to Christmas because this year was pretty tough (although in my private life they were beautiful aspects as well) and I kind of need the holidays. Then again I'm somewhat dreading Christmas since it will be different than the last years and I won't celebrate with my family due to Covid.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

I think Joe said that he is building a house/having a house built. 

I think JB/M would allow Josh and Anna and kids to live there once all of JB/M kids are gone. I don't think he'd let Josh own the home or even have the master bedroom. 

• Upvote 4

Did taryn Yeager take these pics? Cause #holyblur maybe taryn needs to copyright that lol 

be careful the dickwad is under the spoiler. 

Spoiler

B53061FB-0D0A-45FC-ACC6-87D1310B5856.thumb.png.ee0cf8b0492d084490817b6ad3d40981.png

• Upvote 8

it looks like autotuning to me, the tree behind the youngest M-Boy doesn't look nearly as blurry as their individual faces..

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Anna’s parents had a huge family reunion for Thanksgiving and Anna and Priscilla/David have the pics all over Instagram. It’s unreal to me that they think this is ok and I’ve become more laid back about Covid precautions than I was in April (not laid back, just more laid back..as in not quarantining my mail for weeks before opening lol). Also, posting pics just seems so tone deaf. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

20 minutes ago, coffeebean7 said:

Also, posting pics just seems so tone deaf. 

It's basically a political statement at this point. Their way of saying "Fuck you, Democrats!"

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8

They haven’t modified their behaviour at all- all this talk about what a year 2020 has been when it’s been no different for them except occasionally wearing a mask if they absolutely can’t get away with it and pretending they are social distancing if there’s any chance of being filmed for TLC.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

I'm very curios about some regulations you guys appear to have in the states? quaranting mail or wiping of groceries? is this an official rule or is it just something you guys do?

I would've never thought of doing that. I have only been to work twice since February (I wish I could go back), and that was about the longest time I was not home, and I am staying home pretty much all of the time, I have two people outside my household that I met occasionally (not now, they made stronger regulations as the cases got higher again), but I never felt in danger by groceries?

We have desinfectant before we enter the supermarket though

21 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

I'm very curios about some regulations you guys appear to have in the states? quaranting mail or wiping of groceries? is this an official rule or is it just something you guys 

We wipe our groceries with disinfecting wipes and leave mail and packages a few days to decontaminate. I would say that in our area we would be considered more extreme. I just really don't want to get sick. 

The only people my family sees are my parents and my sisters family. We have formed a bubble and there is a lot of trust there not to be participating in other activities. 

• I Agree 1

@Baxter ah ok, good to know. I find it very interesting how different every country (and state, if you count the US) deals with the Virus.

We got away REALLY well during the first wave, which was why they gave us a bigger leeway in the summer. I still stayed mostly at home and only met my two friends, didn't go on holiday etc, and many people just went crazy, and now we've got insanly high numbers, and we've had about two times as many people die in the last 4 weeks than from february until mid of october..

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Baxter said:

We wipe our groceries with disinfecting wipes and leave mail and packages a few days to decontaminate. I would say that in our area we would be considered more extreme. I just really don't want to get sick. 

The only people my family sees are my parents and my sisters family. We have formed a bubble and there is a lot of trust there not to be participating in other activities. 

Note that they have found that Covid-19 is extremely unlikely to be transmitted via surfaces. If you feel better disinfecting, by all means, do so. However, it has not been shown to be effective or necessary. It was a huge thing at the beginning of the pandemic, but studies have consistently shown that it doesn't actually help. Personally, I just try to make sure not to touch my face (especially any sort of orifices).

• Upvote 18

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Josh, Anna, M'Kids 23: Failing at Object Lessons Now Really Failing with a Federal Arrest!
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic