IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 9: Hoping for Plot Twists

samurai_sarah

On 5/12/2021 at 3:32 PM, Bethella said:

Stephanie is on the married list, as are Haley and MacKenzie plus a couple of their babies have been noted but we’ve never had the Longs on the unmarried list. Do you have a full list of family members? 

On 5/12/2021 at 1:04 PM, AverageGiraffe said:

I can't remember if it's been mentioned (sorry!) but Stephanie Long married Kevin Richardson on Oct 3rd, 2020. 

Corrie Long just got engaged to Adam Walls 

Isaac Long is engaged to Addie Moore as of a week or so ago

(All Cheryl Long from A Long Way To Go/Shoebox fame's kids)

Also Sam Long just turned 18 and is eligible for the singles list. 

After Sam there is daughter Destiny, then son Michael, and then daughter Sabrina.  Sabrina was adopted by the family a few years ago.  I don't remember the exact circumstances but I believe she is the bio child of a relative of the family. 

Cheryl has 5 kids at home now:  Isaac and Corrie, both of whom are engaged to be married, then Sam, Destiny, Michael and Sabrina.  Sabrina is 14 (1/30 is her b-day), Isaac is 20 (b-day 1/14), Destiny is 16 (b-day 1/5). Sam is noted to be age 17 in a post from 9/28/20 and Michael is noted to be 11 in that same post.

Corrie is age 21 and her fiance is 30.  They met as coworkers at a coffee shop. He designed her engagement ring to have coffee leaves on it (they are small) in celebration of how they met.

I really thought one of her girls would marry Isaac Kenneth - a musician from a home schooled family that Cheryl often gushes over.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would have a hard time getting married on the 20th anniversary of September 11th.

Really? I think doing something so symbolic of life going on is a good way to honor all those that were lost.

• Upvote 1

In a recent IG story Katie Bates wrote that they're getting married in December. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, JMO said:

In a recent IG story Katie Bates wrote that they're getting married in December. 

December 5th, 11th, & 18th are the only Saturdays this year that would work for them. Fridays-4th, 10th, 17th, 31st

New Years Eve wedding, anyone????

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

December 5th, 11th, & 18th are the only Saturdays this year that would work for them. Fridays-4th, 10th, 17th, 31st

New Years Eve wedding, anyone????

I’m totally fine with NYE weddings because it’s usually just an evening where people socialize and drink anyway. You may as well go to a wedding! And a lot of people have the next day off. My grandparents got married on NYE going into 1950. So I am probably biased. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

37 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Lol, he looks like Chad. Does anyone know how old he is?

Fundie wiki says he’s 21 and will be 22 at the wedding.

Only 2 single Paines left.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m totally fine with NYE weddings because it’s usually just an evening where people socialize and drink anyway. You may as well go to a wedding! And a lot of people have the next day off. My grandparents got married on NYE going into 1950. So I am probably biased. 

My parents did, too. The only problem is that they always wanted to do a big anniversary party when *I* wanted to hit the bars with my friends!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would have a hard time getting married on the 20th anniversary of September 11th.

My due date is around that time and I don't want my baby to be born on the 20th anniversay of 9/11.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

15 hours ago, JMO said:

That's a rather long engagement for a fundie. I really only know stuff about the Bates from reading here, but do they normally have longer engagements? Dating? (Or do they "court")?

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

That's a rather long engagement for a fundie. I really only know stuff about the Bates from reading here, but do they normally have longer engagements? Dating? (Or do they "court")?

This will be the 3rd and final Clark wedding for this year. I’m guessing the Clark parents wanted the weddings more spread out. And since they got engaged last, they would likely get the last wedding of the year. 

Oldest child Kayla Clark got married Feb 27, 21

Middle child Mike Clark gets married this summer

Youngest child Travis Clark will be married in December. 

Then the Clarks have no more kids left at home.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

10 hours ago, ophelia said:

My due date is around that time and I don't want my baby to be born on the 20th anniversay of 9/11.

9/11 happened on my son-in-law's 40th birthday.

2 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

It’s one of the very few tragedies that is named by its date. So it sucks for anyone with that birthday. There are many other US tragedies that don’t have the date in the name. Columbine high school massacre happened on 4/20. But everyone still just associates 4/20 as the day to get high as fuck. Not the tragedy.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

I had a co-worker give birth on the actual date. She was laboring and watching it all happen in the hospital 

• Sad 3

17 hours ago, fundiefan said:

The Bateses do tend to have longer relationship timelines than most fundies. Mostly really long courtships but also a previous period they call "getting to know the person". But as engagements goes most have been 3-4 months only, so the usual.

The exception is Carlin that had a 8 months long engament, in that case it was because she needed to finish college before the wedding. Maybe in this case the long engagement is because Travis older brother is getting married in the summer and they dont want the weddings that close together.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I'm not sure if this was posted but Rebekah Baird is in a relationship with a guy named Daniel Gill, they've known each other for years and IMO he seems way more into her than any of her sisters' husbands so that's a good thing.

• Thank You 2

According to their registry link below Jubilee Phillips and Adam Ruppert are getting married September 16th.

https://www.myregistry.com/wedding-registry/jubilee-phillips-and-adam-ruppert-sanford-florida/2813850

Grace Hackel and Jonah Wilson have a wedding date of March 25, 2022 according to the wedding registry link below. That seems like an awfully long engagement to me.
https://www.myregistry.com/ext/wedding-registry/grace-hackel-jonah-wilson-hi/6846798

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, sleepygirl1 said:

According to their registry link below Jubilee Phillips and Adam Ruppert are getting married September 16th.

https://www.myregistry.com/wedding-registry/jubilee-phillips-and-adam-ruppert-sanford-florida/2813850

Grace Hackel and Jonah Wilson have a wedding date of March 25, 2022 according to the wedding registry link below. That seems like an awfully long engagement to me.
https://www.myregistry.com/ext/wedding-registry/grace-hackel-jonah-wilson-hi/6846798

I believe Grace and Jonah live together. So no rush.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

On 5/14/2021 at 1:19 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

After this pandemic, it seems you'll struggle to get married or have any special event on any day between Dec. 8 and February 13, considering between those dates we averaged 3000+ deaths on every single day. And that's just the official tally; the general thought is that we've been undercounting by about 20% on average, so...

Here are your other dates to avoid:

February 18, 19, 24.
March 3.
April 14, 15, 21, 29.

Source.

And then, since 3,000 seems to be your magic number, you'll also want to avoid the following dates: 

Apr. 18; The 1906 San Francisco earthquake and fire saw 3,000 deaths.
July 1-3; That's the battle of Gettysburg and saw 10,000 deaths over three days.
Aug. 27; in 1900, a massive Hurricane touched down in Galveston and saw 8,000 deaths. 
Sept. 16; the day Hurricane Maria touched down in PR and ultimately killed 3,057 Americans.
Sept. 17; the battle of Antietam killed 3600 Americans.

October is completely out; during the 1918 Pandemic, an average of 6300 Americans died per day.

Source. 

Lucky for you, Dec. 7 is safe because only 2400 Americans died at Pearl Harbor, and then Hurricane Katrina killed a mere 1800, so Aug. 23 is also totally fine.

LMK if there are any other dates you want me to check on.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 5
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

After this pandemic, it seems you'll struggle to get married or have any special event on any day between Dec. 8 and February 13, considering between those dates we averaged 3000+ deaths on every single day. And that's just the official tally; the general thought is that we've been undercounting by about 20% on average, so...

Here are your other dates to avoid:

February 18, 19, 24.
March 3.
April 14, 15, 21, 29.

Source.

And then, since 3,000 seems to be your magic number, you'll also want to avoid the following dates: 

Apr. 18; The 1906 San Francisco earthquake and fire saw 3,000 deaths.
July 1-3; That's the battle of Gettysburg and saw 10,000 deaths over three days.
Aug. 27; in 1900, a massive Hurricane touched down in Galveston and saw 8,000 deaths. 
Sept. 16; the day Hurricane Maria touched down in PR and ultimately killed 3,057 Americans.
Sept. 17; the battle of Antietam killed 3600 Americans.

October is completely out; during the 1918 Pandemic, an average of 6300 Americans died per day.

Source. 

Lucky for you, Dec. 7 is safe because only 2400 Americans died at Pearl Harbor, and then Hurricane Katrina killed a mere 1800, so Aug. 23 is also totally fine.

LMK if there are any other dates you want me to check on.

Are any of those horrible events named based on the date? No? Then your snarky reply holds no weight. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 2

On 5/15/2021 at 11:45 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:There are many other US tragedies that don’t have the date in the name. Columbine high school massacre happened on 4/20. But everyone still just associates 4/20 as the day to get high as fuck. Not the tragedy.

I don’t think this is true at all.  High school and college kids may like to celebrate weed on that day, and dispensaries use it for marketing, but most people are pretty indifferent to it.  After over 4 decades as a weed smoker and a couple decades as a grower, I know this culture intimately.

4/20 is Hitler’s birthday, that’s why Harris and  Klebold chose it as the date of their massacre, that’s why white supremacists celebrate it, and that’s why lots of educators, law enforcement agencies, and Jews (including me) get nervous around it.

Lots of Americans associate that date  with the Columbine massacre, and people all over the world associate it with Hitler.  It’s a very small subset of the population that associates it with getting stoned.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Given how long human history has been and the number of people  - there is no date that does not have some tie in to a horrible event. The thing is it does not matter - unless it does. If it does then that emotion is an entirely valid reason to choose/reject one particular day. All this to say - choose the day that suits you best and let others do the same.

I'll get off my soapbox now and go back to eating brunch

Edited by browngrl
fixed it a bit
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic