IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 9: Hoping for Plot Twists

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, llucie said:

Could it be that one of single sons is corting this Hannah Reber? I guess that could kinda explain them agreeing to have him at their house. I say kinda because TBH i dont think even that would be reason enough to put their own family in this awfull situation.

Hannah Reber is their son's wife, not their daughter. Maybe the sister can go stay with her brother and his wife.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Hannah Reber is their son's wife, not their daughter. Maybe the sister can go stay with her brother and his wife.

Their son's wife is named Hannah and so is their daughter, who still lives with them. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

Lydia Buckingham married David Harder on 26 March and Noah Hale married Abby Evans on 24 April.

@Bethella, please can the single Buck-Hales also be added to the spreadsheet? As far as I know, the single Buckinghams are Daniel and Joshua and the single Hales are Hosanna, Psalms, Emily Beth (changed her name from Bethlehem) and Jonathan.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

They also have a 22 years old single daughter also named Hannah.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Triplet3 said:

Lydia Buckingham married David Harder on 26 March and Noah Hale married Abby Evans on 24 April.

@Bethella, please can the single Buck-Hales also be added to the spreadsheet? As far as I know, the single Buckinghams are Daniel and Joshua and the single Hales are Hosanna, Psalms, Emily Beth (changed her name from Bethlehem) and Jonathan.

Hosanna was in a relationship the last time I checked. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, albireo said:

Hosanna was in a relationship the last time I checked. 

Thanks for the correction.

Daniel Corbett married on 20 October 2020.

Caroline Kraft (Kindred Grace) and Barron Sanders are getting married on 1 October 2021.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a strong feeling that Josh has never had many friends. Sure his parents swept everything under the rug but fundies still gossip. So they all know what happened in the past and I’m sure they steer clear of Josh even if they are close friends of JB and Michelle. In a family that huge, it’s probably easy for fundie friends to ignore one of their 19 children. 

The fact that Zach Bates seems to be close to JD and not Josh always surprised me a little bit, since they are the same age and both the oldest brothers of a large number of siblings. But maybe Josh has always been too douchy and arrogant for Zach who, like JD, seems to be more down to earth and laid back.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

14 hours ago, Marionette said:

LH has changed a lot over the years, especially since the Duggars started attending (after the split of their home church—why are there so many splits?! So Christlike!). Several families moved from out of town to live close to the Duggars, and I think the Duggars’ attendance drew a lot of families to LH as well.

Does this include the Cranes? Madison Crane recently made a post on social media referring to how her family "Moved across the country for companionship".

(She's my favorite fundie self aware wolf.)

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

The fact that Zach Bates seems to be close to JD and not Josh always surprised me a little bit, since they are the same age and both the oldest brothers of a large number of siblings. But maybe Josh has always been too douchy and arrogant for Zach who, like JD, seems to be more down to earth and laid back.

That was always a huge tell to me. JD and Zach are friends. Michaela and Jana are friends. But Josh isn’t friends with any of them. He has no friends in my opinion. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 11

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That was always a huge tell to me. JD and Zach are friends. Michaela and Jana are friends. But Josh isn’t friends with any of them. He has no friends in my opinion. 

Joy and Carlin also seem to be genuine long time friends.

• Upvote 5

I went to the Bontrager family blog to check for announcements and noticed Jackson Duggar in a couple of pictures from Denver & Praise's wedding. Elizabeth Bontrager is only 5 months older than him and he'll be 17 on the 23rd (she turned 17 in December). Since Justin & Claire were together/getting to know each other when he was 16, a Jackson/Elizabeth relationship at this point would not be unrealistic.

Edited by Lady Dondarrion
  • Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Thank You 2

24 minutes ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

I went to the Bontrager family blog to check for announcements and noticed Jackson Duggar in a couple of pictures from Denver & Praise's wedding. Elizabeth Bontrager is only 5 months older than him and he'll be 17 on the 23rd (she turned 17 in December). Since Justin & Claire were together/getting to know each other when he was 16, a Jackson/Elizabeth relationship at this point would not be unrealistic.

He was there with Hannie who seems to be good friends with Elizabeth. 

• Upvote 5

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

He was there with Hannie who seems to be good friends with Elizabeth. 

If there is a relationship, maybe Hannie was also chaperoning.

• Upvote 4

I do think it’s possible he had to be Hannie’s chaperone even if she was just visiting her good friend, Liz. It makes sense he would have to do it. Justin is married in Texas so he’s out. I think Jana and Jer are in relationships with Wissmanns so I think they are much too busy to chaperone. And Jenny, Jordyn, and Josie are probably considered too young to be an accountability partner to Hannie. Plus they are girls. They probably think Hannie needs a boy Duggar to be her chaperone. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I do think it’s possible he had to be Hannie’s chaperone even if she was just visiting her good friend, Liz. It makes sense he would have to do it. Justin is married in Texas so he’s out. I think Jana and Jer are in relationships with Wissmanns so I think they are much too busy to chaperone. And Jenny, Jordyn, and Josie are probably considered too young to be an accountability partner to Hannie. Plus they are girls. They probably think Hannie needs a boy Duggar to be her chaperone. 

I see where you're going with this, but I suggested Hannie was Jackson's chaperone.

Also, remind me, Jer has been linked to Hannah Wissman, right?

Edited by Lady Dondarrion
New info
  • Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1

8 minutes ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

I see where you're going with this, but I suggested Hannie was Jackson's chaperone.

Jackson has always seemed a little young for his age. I don’t see him being anywhere near ready to court. Liz likely has better prospects lined up.

• Upvote 8
  • Move Along 2
  • I Agree 2

I think Justin will likely be the only Duggar boy to marry at 18. I think all the rest will be 20 or older. I could see Hannie married as a teen though. That’s how it works in Fundieland. The girls can marry young because they don’t need a job or higher education. They are ready to be a quiverful mom at 18.

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1

13 hours ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

It would be unrealistic because Liz Bontrager and Carver Bowers seem to be a thing. They're always separated by at least one person (usually Rebecca) in pictures, yet Carver rarely posts a picture of fundie maidens that doesn't include Liz. He's also been spotted sitting directly next to Marlin, which would basically only make sense if there was a courtship/impending courtship, considering how many people are vying for any given headship's time and attention. 

With Jackson and Hannie: Hannie is seemingly good friends with Liz, and then Jackson is right in between Taylor and Hudson age-wise, so it would make sense that they hangout. As others have pointed out: It's great to see Jackson and Hannie close again, they were BFFs when they were kids, and then the Duggars stopped allowing it, so... Good to see them hanging out with the Bontragers, considering the Bontragers don't restrict opposite sibling relationships the way the Duggars notoriously do.

I do think Hannie and Christian Bowers might be a potential pairing; there have been a couple of pictures of them, and they'd admittedly be cute together with their batshit headships.

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 2
  • I Agree 1

On 5/7/2021 at 1:50 AM, indianabones said:

Does this include the Cranes? Madison Crane recently made a post on social media referring to how her family "Moved across the country for companionship".

(She's my favorite fundie self aware wolf.)

Yes, it does. They used to go to the Bateses’ church in Knoxville, and then moved here to be near the Duggars and/or go to Lighthouse. Not sure where they go now... Madison went on Instagram and called IBLP a cult (I feel like it was for shock factor), but she’s still heavily involved in Freedomists/PragerU, so her ideology hasn’t changed much. 

• Upvote 4

I can't remember if it's been mentioned (sorry!) but Stephanie Long married Kevin Richardson on Oct 3rd, 2020. 

Corrie Long just got engaged to Adam Walls 

Isaac Long is engaged to Addie Moore as of a week or so ago

(All Cheryl Long from A Long Way To Go/Shoebox fame's kids)

Also Sam Long just turned 18 and is eligible for the singles list. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, AverageGiraffe said:

I can't remember if it's been mentioned (sorry!) but Stephanie Long married Kevin Richardson on Oct 3rd, 2020. 

Corrie Long just got engaged to Adam Walls 

Isaac Long is engaged to Addie Moore as of a week or so ago

(All Cheryl Long from A Long Way To Go/Shoebox fame's kids)

Also Sam Long just turned 18 and is eligible for the singles list. 

Stephanie is on the married list, as are Haley and MacKenzie plus a couple of their babies have been noted but we’ve never had the Longs on the unmarried list. Do you have a full list of family members? 

On 5/9/2021 at 1:57 AM, CaptainFunderpants said:

It would be unrealistic because Liz Bontrager and Carver Bowers seem to be a thing. They're always separated by at least one person (usually Rebecca) in pictures, yet Carver rarely posts a picture of fundie maidens that doesn't include Liz. He's also been spotted sitting directly next to Marlin, which would basically only make sense if there was a courtship/impending courtship, considering how many people are vying for any given headship's time and attention. 

With Jackson and Hannie: Hannie is seemingly good friends with Liz, and then Jackson is right in between Taylor and Hudson age-wise, so it would make sense that they hangout. As others have pointed out: It's great to see Jackson and Hannie close again, they were BFFs when they were kids, and then the Duggars stopped allowing it, so... Good to see them hanging out with the Bontragers, considering the Bontragers don't restrict opposite sibling relationships the way the Duggars notoriously do.

I do think Hannie and Christian Bowers might be a potential pairing; there have been a couple of pictures of them, and they'd admittedly be cute together with their batshit headships.

That’s very true. I’d bet $100 that Carver  and Liz will be official by the end of this year. But you know how sometimes these fundies momentarily burst out in a completely different direction then we suspected...idk. Hard to tell but seems obvious. 

• Upvote 4

If anyone else has updates, I'm going to try and get a new thread started on Sunday. 

• Thank You 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic