IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 9: Hoping for Plot Twists

samurai_sarah

Has there been any news on the Muellers lately? They have quite a few single kids left.

11 minutes ago, WannabeHistorian said:

Has there been any news on the Muellers lately? They have quite a few single kids left.

They haven’t posted anything on their blog about courtships or marriages lately. The last wedding was Kimberly in 2016. Their blog was pretty quiet for a while and I thought they’d abandoned it, but they did post about a couple of new grandkids recently, so I do think they’ll post if someone gets married. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Recently there was some speculation that Jana Duggar was courting (?pre courting) one of the Wissman's. Assuming this is true, what impact will the Josh Duggar arrest have on this? On the one hand the Wissman's were totally fine with Beth's BIL killing his wife/going to jail but on the other would they want to be associated with child abuse or does it even register as an issue? 

Of course I'm heaping speculation on top of speculation but this is the kind of stuff I think about while working out so please add some fodder to my "exercise thoughts".

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Recently there was some speculation that Jana Duggar was courting (?pre courting) one of the Wissman's. Assuming this is true, what impact will the Josh Duggar arrest have on this? On the one hand the Wissman's were totally fine with Beth's BIL killing his wife/going to jail but on the other would they want to be associated with child abuse or does it even register as an issue? 

Of course I'm heaping speculation on top of speculation but this is the kind of stuff I think about while working out so please add some fodder to my "exercise thoughts".

If they stay together, I believe they will have a quiet wedding because of Josh’s charges. If that hadn’t happened, I think JB would have pushed for a Jana wedding special on discovery plus. If they break it off, I suppose we could assume it’s related to the charges. But we would likely never get confirmation of it. 

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, WannabeHistorian said:

It seems they only post when there's a new grandchild, wedding, or major event.  I've been thinking for several years  that son David should be the next to marry. He's got to be in his mid to late 20's.  Holly Beth was pursuing her RN, IIRC. The rest are a mystery to me.  Valerie (married to Adam Waller) is due with #5 this spring, so we should expect an update soon.

• Upvote 5

On 2/1/2021 at 7:18 AM, VBOY9977 said:

Duggar friend Lemuel Reber is getting married to Hannah Bunch on February 6th. According to their wedding website, Jed, Jer and Austin will be his groomsmen.
https://www.theknot.com/us/hannah-bunch-and-lemuel-reber-feb-2020

We can rule out Claritin’s wedding that weekend.

It’s also fascinating to read these fundie love stories sometimes. Lemuel and his fiancé met in April, got engaged in August and are getting married in February. I’ve had stuff in my pantry for longer than that.

They’re also having an outdoor ceremony in February in Arkansas 
 ?

Does anyone know if Lemuel Reber is related to Pastor Lacount & Maria Reber? 

Anyone have more information on Pastor Reber and family? Thanks in advance.

@formergothardite?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, Jacked said:

@formergothardite?

I think it those are his parents. Based on some Facebook stalking I did his mom’s name is Maria. I don’t know much more about his family though. Only that he has one sister. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

9 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think it those are his parents. Based on some Facebook stalking I did his mom’s name is Maria. I don’t know much more about his family though. Only that he has one sister. 

That’s kinda what I figured.

@JackedOmg I just found out that they’re the ones that pest is going to live with!!! Their daughter is still single so she probably lives at home still. She’s in her early 20s. I’m scared for her wtf. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Jacked said:

@formergothardite?

Yes, he is their son. The Rebers attended Lighthouse as early as 2012ish up til last year. As far as I know, they have never been particularly close to the Duggars—just run in the same circles (thus have been to some of the big Duggar parties). They have been friends with the Forsyths for years, though. 

• Thank You 14

59 minutes ago, Marionette said:

Yes, he is their son. The Rebers attended Lighthouse as early as 2012ish up til last year. As far as I know, they have never been particularly close to the Duggars—just run in the same circles (thus have been to some of the big Duggar parties). They have been friends with the Forsyths for years, though. 

Lighthouse is the Caldwell’s church, right? 

• Thank You 1

40 minutes ago, Jacked said:

Lighthouse is the Caldwell’s church, right? 

Yes. It split last year around the beginning of the pandemic, and several families (including the Duggars) left. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, Marionette said:

Yes. It split last year around the beginning of the pandemic, and several families (including the Duggars) left. 

I’m just curious. Are there any other families that left that would be familiar names? 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m just curious. Are there any other families that left that would be familiar names? 

The only ones I can think of that might be familiar, besides Duggars & Rebers, are the Forsyths, Swansons, Andreggs...

I don’t even know if I know any of the families that remain at Lighthouse (aside from the Caldwells, obviously). So anyone else you could think of that went there at some point probably doesn’t go there anymore. 

• Thank You 9

29 minutes ago, Marionette said:

The only ones I can think of that might be familiar, besides Duggars & Rebers, are the Forsyths, Swansons, Andreggs...

I don’t even know if I know any of the families that remain at Lighthouse (aside from the Caldwells, obviously). So anyone else you could think of that went there at some point probably doesn’t go there anymore. 

Are the Caldwell’s treated differently now by those folks? Are they treated like outcasts? Or are those people still fellowshipping with them?

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Are the Caldwell’s treated differently now by those folks? Are they treated like outcasts? Or are those people still fellowshipping with them?

I don’t think so. Even though there was apparently a falling out between Paul & JB (I talked about it in one of the pre-wedding Jed threads), and the Caldwells moved off of JB-owned property, the Caldwells still hang around. In true fundie fashion, I’m sure everyone puts on a fake smile and acts like nothing ever happened. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Marionette said:

And Austin + Jed and Jer (Duggar) were all in the wedding party.

• Confused 1
  • Thank You 2

18 hours ago, Jacked said:

@formergothardite?

On Lemuel & Hannah's wedding website, you can see the bridal party has Lemuel's sister who "plays many instruments." Jed, Jer, and Austin were part of his groomsmen. So yes, I think that's them. And maybe they are closer to the Duggars then we thought. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

13 hours ago, Marionette said:

Thanks so much. What was the split about?

15 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

@JackedOmg I just found out that they’re the ones that pest is going to live with!!! Their daughter is still single so she probably lives at home still. She’s in her early 20s. I’m scared for her wtf. 

That’s why I asked. Wanted to know what was known about them.

Would this couple really do this favor for nothing in return? I’m not sure I buy that there isn’t some kind of incentive. 

Even if the CSA charges weren’t a factor in this matter, I wouldn’t upend my life to have tabloid photographers posted up around my domicile. No amount of money is worth sacrificing my privacy. Something just seems very off about the Rebers, the testimony they gave and the overall arrangement.

• Upvote 6

15 hours ago, Marionette said:

The Rebers said at the hearing that they barely knew Josh, but were doing this as a favor for JB because he asked them to. I wonder how many "friends" JB had to call before one of them accepted this dirty, nasty favor. Can you imagine that awkward phone call "Uhh, I'd love to help you out Jim Bob but... I'm pretty sure we have termites and need to get our house tented". 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

21 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

The Rebers said at the hearing that they barely knew Josh, but were doing this as a favor for JB because he asked them to. I wonder how many "friends" JB had to call before one of them accepted this dirty, nasty favor. Can you imagine that awkward phone call "Uhh, I'd love to help you out Jim Bob but... I'm pretty sure we have termites and need to get our house tented". 

I have a strong feeling that Josh has never had many friends. Sure his parents swept everything under the rug but fundies still gossip. So they all know what happened in the past and I’m sure they steer clear of Josh even if they are close friends of JB and Michelle. In a family that huge, it’s probably easy for fundie friends to ignore one of their 19 children. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

34 minutes ago, Jacked said:

Thanks so much. What was the split about?

I really don’t know for sure. I heard there was some church discipline and several families left over it, and then there was apparently a disagreement between Paul & JB—all within a span of about 3-4 weeks (last March into April).

LH has changed a lot over the years, especially since the Duggars started attending (after the split of their home church—why are there so many splits?! So Christlike!). Several families moved from out of town to live close to the Duggars, and I think the Duggars’ attendance drew a lot of families to LH as well. The Rebers, Forsyths, and some other families have been at LH since the beginning, and I am pretty certain they were not happy with the direction the church was going with all the new members. I guess it all just came to a head last year. I’ll bet the other half of the families who left just followed the Duggars’ lead cause there are still people out there who absolutely worship them and are jumping through whatever hoops to be in the “inner circle.” 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I have a strong feeling that Josh has never had many friends. Sure his parents swept everything under the rug but fundies still gossip. So they all know what happened in the past and I’m sure they steer clear of Josh even if they are close friends of JB and Michelle. In a family that huge, it’s probably easy for fundie friends to ignore one of their 19 children. 

This. Also keep in mind that Josh & Anna lived in DC for a small period of time, so they weren’t around when families like the Rebers began crossing paths with the Duggars.

And because there are so. many. Duggars, sometimes the Duggar kids make friends with certain families that run in the same circles— while those families might not necessarily be good friends with the entire Duggar family (if that makes sense). So, yes, Lemuel had some Duggars as groomsmen, but I don’t ever remember the entire Reber family being close friends with the entire Duggar family. The Rebers got invited to the larger Duggar events that generally anyone who has a connection is invited to, and they attended the same church. Their daughter Hannah might be friends with Joy since Joy is around the same age and married into the Forsyth family. Maybe the parents are close with JB & M, somehow...Though I don’t really see them inviting each other over for dinner or really interacting one-on-one outside of large gatherings or church. 

• Upvote 8

Could it be that one of single sons is corting this Hannah Reber? I guess that could kinda explain them agreeing to have him at their house. I say kinda because TBH i dont think even that would be reason enough to put their own family in this awfull situation.

• Upvote 2

I read somewhere that pre Covid Mr. Reber was a volunteer prison chaplain. I really think this is an extension of that. They’re trying to save him.

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 3

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic