IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 9: Hoping for Plot Twists

samurai_sarah

So they finally announced! I thought they'd wait til christmas. So the Bont's keep up with intermarrying their kids into the same families.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, ophelia said:

So they finally announced! I thought they'd wait til christmas. So the Bont's keep up with intermarrying their kids into the same families.

Now we just need a Bowers-Helferich match to come full circle. Wonder if the Maxwells feel left out that they only got Chelsy.

Edited by EmiSue
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, EmiSue said:

Now we just need a Bowers-Helferich match to come full circle. Wonder if the Maxwells feel left out that they only got Chelsy.

Praise has a sister that would probably match with the oldest Bowers boy.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Color me surprised. Or, not. Looks like they got engaged at Allison's house. Or, um, the house that is the Senior Helferich's that Allison is or is not living in, even though they have their own place. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, indianabones said:

That counts as a plot twist, right?

Could be a plot twist but it could also be Titus (and his family) not realizing he was getting into fame by association.

• Upvote 7

Just now, Bethella said:

Could be a plot twist but it could also be Titus (and his family) not realizing he was getting into fame by association.

The plot thickens!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

The Halls had a blog so they must want at least a tiny bit of notoriety for their fundie ways. It seems like some fundies split once the engagement happens. I tend to wonder if they get to know each other better once they are engaged. Because they have to make actual decisions together (regarding the wedding, reception, where to live, etc). And their parents probably let them have many more private conversations during the engagement compared to just courting. There’s also plenty of pressure thrown in at all angles once engaged. Breaking it off during engagement makes sense. During courtship, fundies only talk about god. And of course they all agree about god and religious beliefs because duh... cult. But once they get engaged and talk about real shit, then things get tougher. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Halls had a blog so they must want at least a tiny bit of notoriety for their fundie ways. It seems like some fundies split once the engagement happens. I tend to wonder if they get to know each other better once they are engaged. Because they have to make actual decisions together (regarding the wedding, reception, where to live, etc). And their parents probably let them have many more private conversations during the engagement compared to just courting. There’s also plenty of pressure thrown in at all angles once engaged. Breaking it off during engagement makes sense. During courtship, fundies only talk about god. And of course they all agree about god and religious beliefs because duh... cult. But once they get engaged and talk about real shit, then things get tougher. 

Isn't this the whole point of courtship? I try too hard to find logic where it doesn't exist.

• Upvote 13

6 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Isn't this the whole point of courtship? I try too hard to find logic where it doesn't exist.

You would think so! But I swear courtship is so filled with god god god and the parents interfering that I think a lot of them don’t actually get to know one another that well during that time. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I saw her in Jessa's youtube video of the Duggars' Fall Celebrations.

She's a very pretty girl and was well dressed and  walking around with a lot of confidence.

I got the feeling then that she was kind of showing herself off with her deportment and posture.  Would it be BEC to say that it looked as if she had a new push up bra  and a tight sweater ?!!

Do you think we will have a confirmation about the possible break up or will the Caldwell's just stay silent and pretend nothing has happened? They made a public insta post about the engagement, so they have to know people will ask if something happened. Maybe not now but after Christmas, if there isn't any photo or mention of Titus.

I don't get this acting as if nothing had happened, many have, do they think we all will suffer a convenient memory loss if all the photos, post, and blog articles are scrubbed? Even in their church/family/friends, there was plenty of people who knew about courtship or an engagement, is not as if it was a secret shared only by them. 

Bah fundie and logic really don't go together 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

I hope Titus did something bad like get arrested or told Lauren a secret from his past. The scandal would be the highlight of the year. But if something bad did happen at least Lauren got out before she said I do and ends up stuck like Anna. 

And it's funny how we all want her to end up with James even more now, because it makes it seem like marrying a Duggar is a good choice. 

• Upvote 4

12 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Kendra and Joe deleted their post about the engagement, too. 

Does anyone know if Titus removed pics from facebook?

• Upvote 4

12 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Does anyone know if Titus removed pics from facebook?

According to Duggardata tumblr he disabled his FB.

• Thank You 8

5 hours ago, Sops2 said:

I saw her in Jessa's youtube video of the Duggars' Fall Celebrations.

She's a very pretty girl and was well dressed and  walking around with a lot of confidence.

I got the feeling then that she was kind of showing herself off with her deportment and posture.  Would it be BEC to say that it looked as if she had a new push up bra  and a tight sweater ?!!

I didn't get that vibe at all. She seemed kind of sad and uncomfortable to me.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Do you think we will have a confirmation about the possible break up or will the Caldwell's just stay silent and pretend nothing has happened?

Probably the latter.

There is ample precedent among fundie Christians for taking the "let's pretend nothing happened" route to obliterating the inconvenient past.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

38 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

I didn't get that vibe at all. She seemed kind of sad and uncomfortable to me.

Yes, I looked again at her face and she did look uncomfortable.Perhaps her posture was to boost her own morale

• Upvote 2

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic