IGNORED

Reactions of Trumpians

clueliss

They did this in Jeff City Friday or Saturday.  My reaction was - oooooooooooh look at all the idiots not masking or social distancing.  Way to spread the virus when we're in a surge.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1

One of the Trumpers on my FB feed posted this meme:

”Should Trump concede the election or keep fighting for America?”

Of course, she said “FIGHT!”

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Growing the fuck up for once in his useless life and actually acting like a mature adult wasn’t an option?

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

They did this in Jeff City Friday or Saturday.  My reaction was - oooooooooooh look at all the idiots not masking or social distancing.  Way to spread the virus when we're in a surge.

And now that I think of it we’re probably seeing the local surge from the fuck face Klan campaign rally a couple weeks back.  I think it’s just about the amount right of time here.  I wonder if that’s how our new Congress Covidiot Ashley got it too?  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Was lurking on a conservative sub to see how they are taking the controversy and way too many people consider Trump's lawsuits something he is graciously doing for his followers and "save democracy."

I want a vocabulary quiz for posters there, since I think we have very different definitions of 'democrazy.'

Btw does anyone else hate Jimmy Dore as much as I do?  Thinking of making a thread in the distractions forum, was wondering if anyone else enjoys ranting about him, too.

• Upvote 2

Meanwhile the head Oaf Keeper had this to say

The Oath Keepers have always wanted a civil war, and they are the largest militia in the United States. The group’s Twitter account was banned recently for trying to incite violence. Its founder, Stewart Rhodes, 55, was also banned by the social media site. The Independent’s Richard Hall had a chat with Rhodes, and it was bizarre, to say the least. The Oath Keepers were present at the so-called “Million MAGA March” to support the outgoing president.

“I think about half this country won’t recognize Biden as legitimate. They won’t recognize this election,” Rhodes told Hall. “What that means is that everything that comes out of his mouth will be considered not of any force or effect, anything he signs into law we won’t recognize as legitimate. We’ll be very much like the founding fathers. We’ll end up nullifying and resisting.”

I hope these clowns are familiar with 18 USC Chapter 115 and if not they might want to take the time to review it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Btw does anyone else hate Jimmy Dore as much as I do?  Thinking of making a thread in the distractions forum, was wondering if anyone else enjoys ranting about him, too

I used to like him , but then he turned into this shill for Bernie Sanders , at the expense of other Democratic primary candidates .  I feel like he reviles Democrats as much if not more than Republicans .  Like , if you don't line up with his particulaf progressive litmous test , he will deem you to be essentially a Republican . 

5 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Meanwhile the head Oaf Keeper had this to say

I hope these clowns are familiar with 18 USC Chapter 115 and if not they might want to take the time to review it. 

It might be challenging for the authorities to take action against them , as of yet , in light of Brandenburg v. Ohio .  https://mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/189/brandenburg-v-ohio  Apparently , there must first be a known detailed plot of clear and present danger against the republic , before such would be insurgents are effectively dealt with .  

• Upvote 4

24 minutes ago, Marmion said:

I used to like him , but then he turned into this shill for Bernie Sanders , at the expense of other Democratic primary candidates .  I feel like he reviles Democrats as much if not more than Republicans .  Like , if you don't line up with his particulaf progressive litmous test , he will deem you to be essentially a Republican . 

It might be challenging for the authorities to take action against them , as of yet , in light of Brandenburg v. Ohio .  https://mtsu.edu/first-amendment/article/189/brandenburg-v-ohio  Apparently , there must first be a known detailed plot of clear and present danger against the republic , before such would be insurgents are effectively dealt with .  

Well they blabbed about it to a reporter who got them on video so I could see this be do not talk bout your plans A, B, and C to a reporter because that'll be state's exhibits 1, 2, and 3.

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Marmion said:

I think he's a shill for Trump these days.  I've hate listened to quite a few episodes and no suggestions, no plan of action, just pure hatred for the left for not being left enough, but still somehow being worse than Trump.

IMO a shitty comic who can't draw attention based on talent so feeds his craving by nihilistic anger for a buck.  And his fans don't see through his schtick.  Saw him described as the Rush Limbaugh of the lefties (he specifically disavows being a liberal) and I thought that really fit.  

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Well they blabbed about it to a reporter who got them on video so I could see this be do not talk bout your plans A, B, and C to a reporter because that'll be state's exhibits 1, 2, and 3.

So did Brandenburg , by the way .  

Spoiler

• Thank You 1

On 11/14/2020 at 11:19 AM, formergothardite said:

I saw a picture of Trump driving through a group of his supporters and it is the happiest he has looked in a long time. I really think they organized this to try and drag him out of a downward spiral. 

@formergothardite, I glanced over and noticed you changed your avatar.  At first I thought it was a modernized version of the Good Witch from the North, then realized it is Moria Rose, Lol. 

PS  The only thing scarier than your former avatar, was Steve, the canned chicken.

:animals-dogrun: at the mental image of Steve again.

Edited by ALM7
  • Upvote 3

At least some people in the government are taking domestic terrorists seriously. 

Even as President Trump and his allies have tried to downplay the threat of right-wing extremism and blame violence on the political left, one intelligence agency has been quietly ramping up its warnings about the threat of domestic threats, such as white supremacists, according to interviews and internal government documents.

The National Counterterrorism Center, an agency formed in the wake of the 9/11 attacks to combat international terrorism, has been increasingly focused on domestic extremists, including those who have no known connection to a foreign group. One example of that new focus is its weekly internal digest for the week of the presidential election, when four of the top ten extremist threats highlighted by the agency were purely domestic, including the “boogaloo” movement, white supremacists, and militia members.

The digest also includes three pages dedicated to the history of Timothy McVeigh, who was responsible for the 1995 bombing of a federal office building in Oklahoma City, Okla., to highlight risk factors for terrorist mobilization.

One of those factors, the digests notes, are “white supremacist views.”

• Thank You 6

Found this posted by a commenter on my newspaper's Facebook page:

image.png.695735c83c7fa1bffaa2abeac4dd8c88.png

There was also a comment about how the only place left for "objective" news is Newsmax. :roll:

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 8
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

There was also a comment about how the only place left for "objective" news is Newsmax. :roll:

One of the local radio station groups keeps hawking Newsmax in advertisements.  One of the local reich wingers was involved in creating the group and the stations just ❤️ Republicans.  (He retired and now spouts off in the local editorial page of our newspaper).

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Found this posted by a commenter on my newspaper's Facebook page:

image.png.695735c83c7fa1bffaa2abeac4dd8c88.png

Newsmax has a given right-wing bias for sure .  I mean there likely are worse sites out there , in terms of sensationalism , but it certainly is not an objective source , as it does hold a stated agenda .   https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/newsmax/  

• Upvote 1

Why do all these theocrats love Trump so much? He is the least godliest man you could imagine. I would understand Pence but nobody gives a damn about Pence.

• Upvote 14

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Why do all these theocrats love Trump so much? He is the least godliest man you could imagine. I would understand Pence but nobody gives a damn about Pence.

I wish I knew. The endorsement by powerful pastors and evangelists. who have pushed the chosen-by-God narrative has helped, as has his culture war and his knowing just barely enough to say the right trigger words. There are now two generations that may have spent years listening the the "Moral Majority" narrative, but one would think that would make Pence look like the chosen. I really don't understand.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

I do understand— or at least, I think I do.

Religion, of any sort, requires a certain amount of blind faith. Religion is never about facts, and all about belief.

Christianity (and other large religions) has a system where a priest, an elder, or some sort of intermediary translates and prescribes how and what followers should believe. In extreme cases, such as  evangelical fundamentalism, followers are actively discouraged from thinking for themselves. Instead, they are spoon-fed what they should believe without question.

So when they are told Trump is the second coming, that is what they believe. Blindly and unquestioningly. Unthinkingly.

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I do understand— or at least, I think I do.

Religion, of any sort, requires a certain amount of blind faith. Religion is never about facts, and all about belief.

Christianity (and other large religions) has a system where a priest, an elder, or some sort of intermediary translates and prescribes how and what followers should believe. In extreme cases, such as  evangelical fundamentalism, followers are actively discouraged from thinking for themselves. Instead, they are spoon-fed what they should believe without question.

So when they are told Trump is the second coming, that is what they believe. Blindly and unquestioningly. Unthinkingly.

I could actually see that applying more to non-religious people who want to have that blind allegiance to something.  In my experience Christians of the evangelical or fundy ilk vet every public figure, as well as everyone they meet, through their believer criteria.  One of the biggest surprises for me in all this was the hardcore Christians backing Trump.

As @AmazonGrace and @apple1 said I could totally see them getting behind Pence.  His bigotry and hatred aligns with their own and he and "mother" are committed to publicly practicing the sexism and repression they enjoy.

Fwiw I think being unwilling to meet with members of the opposite sex for work purposes without a chaperone should disqualify anyone from holding public office.  By definition that means one gender will be treated differently than the other and no one who draws public salary should be allowed to do that.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

Well, I saw Elvis on a tortilla last week, and he told me that you are full of shit.  :neener:

• WTF 2
  • Haha 10