IGNORED

Reactions of Trumpians

clueliss

I have a friend from the '90s. She had gone to

Spoiler

Calvin College in Michigan, so did her siblings and parents.

I found her a few years ago on Facebook, and she had moved back to her college hometown. She used to post the usual stuff, vacations and recipes and stuff about her kids. But this year was different. Posts about Trump's awesomeness, why should Amy Coney Barrett's religion matter if Ilhan Omar's doesn't, blah blah blah. Even posted a video of her participating in one of those boat parades in the summertime.

And nothing since the election.

• Upvote 5

So my "apolitical" cousin that's been posting more political stuff this past year posted a lovely picture of some mountains and a road. And amongst the tags was #TrumpState.
And then she posted a story looking to buy a rifle that goes for $2000+, with #SecondAmendmentRights.

Makes me wonder if she's thinking we'll be going to war or something.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I've never understood why religious people would want it on money in the first place. Think about some of the truly vile things that people do with money. Why would you want your deity to be a part of things like that? :shrug:

I’m guessing it’s an unsuccessful attempt to support capitalism while also paying lip service to Matthew 6:24 (man cannot serve both God and money).

10 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

That is disgusting. My cousin posted something like this. They believe if Christ sits at the right hand of God, trump sits at the left or at least next to Jesus. 

As a follower of Jesus I’m offended at how this ignores the disgusting person Trump is, antithetical to much of what Jesus stood for, but also how it disregards 2000 years of significant historical figures AND the fact that America is not the only country in the world.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

The one American friend I’ve been keeping an eye on is from Missouri but has been in Australia for 15 years or so; I’m not sure if he even voted but he was sharing anti-Biden memes prior to the election and a video of a Trump caravan. Since it finished he’s teetered on the edge, not full-blown raging but things like this:

C25A4D27-0D3C-4627-BCA4-ADDAE59BDD3A.jpeg

7355C82E-FF5F-44EC-99EA-3F01B7B3684B.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 4

Found on my FB feed. I'm sure they are going to blame Biden for the upcoming tax hike that was in 45's plan. But don't worry, the billionaires get to keep their tax cut.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201108-205653.thumb.jpg.ad67be99958e8bafb37398673a86a371.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_20201108-205702.jpg.dade66c9810f0bb13220856d4d1b3f80.jpg

Edited by WiseGirl
Spoiler
  • Upvote 8

Yup - the Reagan Meme has hit my feed.  Don't remember who but they were either in Missouri or Kansas.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh the second amendment crew.  Seriously - every last one of them are afraid that the democrats are going to storm in an take their guns away.  Yes, Really, but think about that image.  The people who don't want you to have guns forcing the gun away from you which would require - you guessed it - guns. 

Note - I don't care if you have a gun for self defense (yes, I know unpopular opinion on FJ).  I don't care if you hunt.  I do care if ijits are rolling with automatic and semi-automatic weapons designed only for killing human  beings.

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Note - I don't care if you have a gun for self defense (yes, I know unpopular opinion on FJ).

Is it?  I've seen this sentiment on FJ quite a bit.  Just curious if I'm missing something as I don't read everything.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Yeah I don't get it. Every republican I've spoken to in person about it believes that sure, there should be background checks and "crazy people" shouldn't be able to get guns. I then say "yes, that's what gun control means, and what most democrats are wanting too!" But online they're all "oh our guns will be taken away!!!!" 

They need them to protect themselves against a corrupt government, apparently. Which they refuse to admit means they want to be able to shoot and kill the very soldiers they so vocally claim to support. Some of them say they need them for "protection" and to "protect other people around me, too". 

The gun thing, the social safety net thing, the health care issue - on the Republican side as best I can tell it boils down to "I want to help people, but only people I personally believe deserve helping." Anything that helps people in need who doesn't meet their specifications as "deserving", they oppose. They're unwilling to let the government help people, because they might just help somebody they personally wouldn't.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Yeah I don't get it. Every republican I've spoken to in person about it believes that sure, there should be background checks and "crazy people" shouldn't be able to get guns. I then say "yes, that's what gun control means, and what most democrats are wanting too!" But online they're all "oh our guns will be taken away!!!!" 

They need them to protect themselves against a corrupt government, apparently. Which they refuse to admit means they want to be able to shoot and kill the very soldiers they so vocally claim to support. Some of them say they need them for "protection" and to "protect other people around me, too". 

The gun thing, the social safety net thing, the health care issue - on the Republican side as best I can tell it boils down to "I want to help people, but only people I personally believe deserve helping." Anything that helps people in need who doesn't meet their specifications as "deserving", they oppose. They're unwilling to let the government help people, because they might just help somebody they personally wouldn't.

The meme about our country, our flag... etc that my cousin posted mentioned "our guns". At least it was mentioned after God. The issue of the second amendment is one that Republicans dangle in front of voters every election. 

• Upvote 8

17 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

So my "apolitical" cousin that's been posting more political stuff this past year posted a lovely picture of some mountains and a road. And amongst the tags was #TrumpState.
And then she posted a story looking to buy a rifle that goes for $2000+, with #SecondAmendmentRights.

Makes me wonder if she's thinking we'll be going to war or something.

Pro-LIFE baby! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

On 11/8/2020 at 2:21 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

To top it all off he is furious because he knows Biden is going to take "in God we trust" off the money.  When she said she doesn't think it should be on there anyway, separation of church and state and such, he said she and others who think that way should lose their citizenship.

Biden will have his hands so full in the next few months and years, "In God We Trust" will hardly be on his radar, even if he did want to remove it.  And I doubt very much he does.

• I Agree 13

This morning I saw someone I know online going on about "NC is still counting until the twelfth! I want my vote to be counted!"

Your vote has been counted, Karen (not her real name) - you were in line right behind me at early voting. (Though I canceled you out, thanks!) You put your ballot through the scanner thing just like I did. The twelfth is for the lingering mail-in ballots that haven't arrived yet, but were postmarked in time. Anyone who thinks for two minutes can figure out that probably 99% of those are ballots from military families stationed overseas out of our many bases here in NC. And the ones that aren't are probably all for Biden. And no matter who those votes are for, they're not going to change anything in the long run. 

Ugh. This woman. I don't get it. She's intelligent, runs a business, and is active in the community especially when it comes to the arts. Yet this. I'd block her, but I kind of need her connections for potential future art things, and she also goes to my church. 

• Upvote 13

On 11/8/2020 at 2:21 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

To top it all off he is furious because he knows Biden is going to take "in God we trust" off the money.  When she said she doesn't think it should be on there anyway, separation of church and state and such, he said she and others who think that way should lose their citizenship.

31 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Biden will have his hands so full in the next few months and years, "In God We Trust" will hardly be on his radar, even if he did want to remove it.  And I doubt very much he does.

That was actually the position of the Republican U.S. President Theodore Roosevelt .   

Roosevelt, who had been a Sunday school teacher, strongly believed in the separation of church and state. When he took office after President William McKinley's assassination, he deliberately did not swear on a Bible, and he did not believe that currency should bear the "In God We Trust" motto because money is used to buy worldly goods and services. Roosevelt said in 1907 that "to put such a motto on coins . . . not only does no good, but does positive harm, and is in effect irreverence, which comes dangerously close to sacrilege."

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/opinion/20160520_Letters___In_God_We_Trust__-_Teddy_Roosevelt_disapproved__won_t_fix_schools.html   He also was the source of this quote , which I posted in reply to the before mentioned Trump adoring , Oneness Pentecostal cousin .  

Spoiler

teddyroosevelt-quote.jpg

Spoiler

1f6e89ed174184e68cda07f5d4d247b2.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

36 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

This morning I saw someone I know online going on about "NC is still counting until the twelfth! I want my vote to be counted!"

Your vote has been counted, Karen (not her real name) - you were in line right behind me at early voting. (Though I canceled you out, thanks!) You put your ballot through the scanner thing just like I did. The twelfth is for the lingering mail-in ballots that haven't arrived yet, but were postmarked in time. Anyone who thinks for two minutes can figure out that probably 99% of those are ballots from military families stationed overseas out of our many bases here in NC. And the ones that aren't are probably all for Biden. And no matter who those votes are for, they're not going to change anything in the long run. 

Ugh. This woman. I don't get it. She's intelligent, runs a business, and is active in the community especially when it comes to the arts. Yet this. I'd block her, but I kind of need her connections for potential future art things, and she also goes to my church. 

I thought most of those votes were thought to be military and overseas votes? Is “Karen” deployed overseas? ?

• Upvote 3

My nephew has always been pro-Fucknut. He's been almost rabid about it, although that may have been as much about tweaking my husband as anything else...  This election he wrote in random names. Even he couldn't stomach it. It's a small step - but I'll take it!

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Does anyone know where River's Edge towing is?  I am an AAA member and will be happy to let them know I won't be a member any longer unless they dump this guy.

• Upvote 6

@kpmom, I went to the Twitter thread, someone screen capped the door.

The Dallas, Oregon.  (And responses to the tweet aren’t positive )

• Thank You 2

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Does anyone know where River's Edge towing is?  I am an AAA member and will be happy to let them know I won't be a member any longer unless they dump this guy.

Pause the video and do a search on the phone number on the door of the truck.

EDITED TO ADD: @clueliss is quicker than me. :my_biggrin:

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 11/7/2020 at 4:00 PM, clueliss said:

So, a place to record the reactions of your Trumper friends and families.  

like this dandy from a former coworker on Facebook (reshare).  They all seem to think we’re headed into a giant depression 

Reveal hidden contents

B380E9AC-8E29-4C63-9F7A-CE8BACA82ED6.thumb.png.95e7e6bd345be86edae00dd938dae157.png

And they’re Protesting in support of Trump in Jefferson City

https://krcgtv.com/news/local/protesters-gather-at-state-capital-in-support-of-president-trump

I'd ask anyone tripping out over doomsday scenarios about gas prices yeah what's yer point?  Along with this photo.

whatsyerpoint.jpg.da725596e2f71b7760bd995a6f3f2316.jpg

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Yeah I just told AAA they need to terminate the contract and have a come to Jesus moment with all their employees and contracted providers that this sort of shit never happens again.  I've been an AAA member for over 15 years (and almost 27 if one counts the membership I had from 1993 to 2004).

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

I'd ask anyone tripping out over doomsday scenarios about gas prices yeah what's yer point?  Along with this photo.

whatsyerpoint.jpg.da725596e2f71b7760bd995a6f3f2316.jpg

Yeah I just told AAA they need to terminate the contract and have a come to Jesus moment with all their employees and contracted providers that this sort of shit never happens again.  I've been an AAA member for over 15 years (and almost 27 if one counts the membership I had from 1993 to 2004).

The company is getting slammed on Yelp. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

17 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The company is getting slammed on Yelp. 

Someone posted a twitter link on yelp saying the driver has been terminated.

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4