IGNORED

Schwandt Family: #15 Is Finally A Girl!

Bethella

Okay, this is going to sound cheesy, but I got just a little misty eyed reading about how happy Tyler (oldest Schwandt boy) was about his new baby sister and how he thought the day would never come. My mom's told me several times about how my brother reacted pretty much the same way when I was born; my parents never had more than just us two but he's nearly ten years older than me and wanted a little sister more than anything else. He even wrote about me when he had to do an essay for school on the greatest gift he ever received.

I was (am) exactly the same way about my sister, who is 10 years younger than me. [emoji3059]
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 11/8/2020 at 2:59 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I get major fundie/fundie-lite vibes from these people.  Yes they believe in education, but that's common among Catholic fundies. (I grew up Catholic, and I know a lot of Catholics.)

15 kids is a lot. Although the mother is one of 14 children, I suppose the mother could have been raised fundie Catholic and isn't necessarily fundie Catholic now. 

I could be wrong, but I honestly don't know any Catholics with 15 kids, and I've known ones I consider fundie. 

I wouldn't say they are fundie Catholic. They go to a regular Catholic church and school. The oldest kids have all gone on to college (including community college & public university) and moved out. I would call them more traditional Catholic in the realm of family planning. I don't know their stance on social issues. (I consider myself a social-justice Catholic.)  The family has gotten a lot of press for how many boys but I like that they (so far) have been private about their life. they don't have Dad's Corner (ardnt), TLC/UP, 1TonRamp or even a blog/website like 7 sisters, so we really don't know but based on past articles about them, they seem pretty normal just a lot of kids.

The mom being one of 14 was fairly common. I am Catholic and I have friends that were 1 of 10 or 12 kids (I am around this mom's age). My friends that are 1 of many  are all at the end of the sibling line. I wouldn't be surprised if the mom is one of the youngest of her family because that seems like when the large families seemed to dwindle. 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I wouldn't say they are fundie Catholic. They go to a regular Catholic church and school. The oldest kids have all gone on to college (including community college & public university) and moved out. I would call them more traditional Catholic in the realm of family planning. I don't know their stance on social issues. (I consider myself a social-justice Catholic.)  The family has gotten a lot of press for how many boys but I like that they (so far) have been private about their life. they don't have Dad's Corner (ardnt), TLC/UP, 1TonRamp or even a blog/website like 7 sisters, so we really don't know but based on past articles about them, they seem pretty normal just a lot of kids.

The mom being one of 14 was fairly common. I am Catholic and I have friends that were 1 of 10 or 12 kids (I am around this mom's age). My friends that are 1 of many  are all at the end of the sibling line. I wouldn't be surprised if the mom is one of the youngest of her family because that seems like when the large families seemed to dwindle. 

Opus Dei people go to Catholic school and to university, both men and women. They have their own private universities that they run. They are usually bankers, doctors, etc. The fact they are not uneducated homeschoolers doesnt mean they are not fundie. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, llucie said:

Opus Dei people go to Catholic school and to university, both men and women. They have their own private universities that they run. They are usually bankers, doctors, etc. The fact they are not uneducated homeschoolers doesnt mean they are not fundie. 

I understand but my bigger point is we don't know. And on the flip side, just because they have a lot of kids doesn't make them fundie.  

My point is we don't know what they believe, we just know what is said in articles. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I understand but my bigger point is we don't know. And on the flip side, just because they have a lot of kids doesn't make them fundie.  

My point is we don't know what they believe, we just know what is said in articles. 

Thats true, in my experience every catholic family with 10 kids i have ever heard of was opus dei or similar, but of course i know in the USA it is more common to have bigger families so there is that.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I was raised Catholic, and I've known many Catholics. (I still consider myself somewhat Catholic, although I'm angry at the church.) Where I grew up, this is not normal. I've known many Catholics and this is not common among all Catholics. Even the fundie Catholics I know don't have families this big.

I would have to know more about them to say they are definitely fundie or not, but they certainly could be fundie. 

• Upvote 3