IGNORED

M is for Mama 9: Mom of Ten, Dislikes Them All

nelliebelle1197

20 hours ago, DancingPhalanges said:

I’m so sorry for posting a triggering picture. I think I snapped when I saw it. Her stories were filled with pics of Shiloh crying during their Tennessee trip and it was really maddening. Then to see him terrified and crying, with a hashtag no less. I just, lost it for a minute and posted. Again, I’m so sorry. 

No need to apologize. I'd rather see the picture being called out. I can't see anything except her regular feed and I'm pretty sure she posted that pic elsewhere for good reason.

17 hours ago, Zommom said:

This pic is everything. Look where they stuck Shiloh. Next to his brother-dad. This little one is still a baby! My two year old needs me and only wants me (dad is sometimes second). He loves his siblings, but if we were taking a family pic, I would be holding HIM. No questions asked. But, it’s all about the newbies. Out with the old...I’m heart broken and disgusted.

E35AB7B7-9D00-4BAF-A77D-93826021E00B.jpeg

Poor little dude. It does make me glad that he has someone giving him love and attention. It should be his mama or dad but Ezra really does seem to have genuine love for his younger siblings. I'm looking forward to seeing more from the photo shoot. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Beautiful hair isn't the only difference between Braggie and a Cocker Spaniel. The truth is that there is no such thing as a "bad dog", but there is definitely such a thing as a "bad mother."

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 3

Oh poor sweet Shiloh! He clearly was trying to put the lipstick on his lips to be like his mother (as all little kids want to do). He is sad and scared and she picks up the phone to take a picture of it? He likely has NO clue what he did wrong or why she would be upset. Is she just holding him like that until she gets a good picture? Ugh, my heart.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Shiny said:

Oh poor sweet Shiloh! He clearly was trying to put the lipstick on his lips to be like his mother (as all little kids want to do). He is sad and scared and she picks up the phone to take a picture of it? He likely has NO clue what he did wrong or why she would be upset. Is she just holding him like that until she gets a good picture? Ugh, my heart.

Exactly, poor kid. In more normal families, this would be a sweet story to be remembered: a son who adores his loving mommy. Not here. :(

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

I just can't get over his face. I suspect she's just screamed at him and is about to spank him, poor kid, and he looks terrified. Seriously, he doesn't know, he's barely more than a baby, and while I understand getting frustrated at a child getting into something, when they're that little it's your own fault, especially if it's something as easy to keep out of the way as a tube of lipstick.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I just can't get over his face. I suspect she's just screamed at him and is about to spank him, poor kid, and he looks terrified. Seriously, he doesn't know, he's barely more than a baby, and while I understand getting frustrated at a child getting into something, when they're that little it's your own fault, especially if it's something as easy to keep out of the way as a tube of lipstick.

I found that photo to be terrifying and I am a 64 year old adult. I just can't imagine....poor little guy.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

16 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

Exactly, poor kid. In more normal families, this would be a sweet story to be remembered: a son who adores his loving mommy. Not here. :(

We have a photo of my younger sister about that age absolutely covered in my mother's lipstick. She's smiling big and laughing in the photo, and it's adorable. 

My mom was usually the "snatch you up and spank" type, but even she didn't have a freakout about some lipstick. Poor kid.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

I'm going out on a limb here.

I think one of the reasons Braggie appears so so angry is Shiloh put lipstick on his lips.  Upright godly straight Christian boys Don't. Wear. Lipstick.  Only the gayz do that. 

Doesn't matter Shiloh is barely 2 and has no comprehension of gay and straight. He violated sacred gender norms, He must be punished. And punished hard. 

• Upvote 8
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 7
  • Love 1

Yesterday Abbie posted a video of the children playing in the yard. Grandpa and Grandma were pushing kids on the swings and Shaun played football with the bigger boys. There was an indoor clip that looked like a celebration of some sort. We get a glimpse of Shaun looking more relaxed and normal than I've ever seen him. Easy Like Sunday Morning played over the whole video.

Apparently life isn't exactly that idyllic. Someone is headed for a meltdown and it ain't Shiloh. There's nothing exciting happening, the new has rubbed off of the #twinbies, Shiloh shows no signs of becoming a grown up over night, and Abbie doesn't like the time change.

She calls the normal activities of life "mundane acts of worship". I can't imagine reducing my life to such drudgery. No wonder she's miserable.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-09-11-35-26.thumb.png.bb22918e7a5b81ca5f303451ac238c79.pngScreenshot_2020-11-09-11-35-34.thumb.png.c8bff80437e179fe84be93d30ae8c136.pngScreenshot_2020-11-09-11-35-50.thumb.png.230d448b74230b11e27639676891c264.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Yesterday Abbie posted a video of the children playing in the yard. Grandpa and Grandma were pushing kids on the swings and Shaun played football with the bigger boys. There was an indoor clip that looked like a celebration of some sort. We get a glimpse of Shaun looking more relaxed and normal than I've ever seen him. Easy Like Sunday Morning played over the whole video.

Apparently life isn't exactly that idyllic. Someone is headed for a meltdown and it ain't Shiloh. There's nothing exciting happening, the new has rubbed off of the #twinbies, Shiloh shows no signs of becoming a grown up over night, and Abbie doesn't like the time change.

She calls the normal activities of life "mundane acts of worship". I can't imagine reducing my life to such drudgery. No wonder she's miserable.

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-11-09-11-35-26.thumb.png.bb22918e7a5b81ca5f303451ac238c79.pngScreenshot_2020-11-09-11-35-34.thumb.png.c8bff80437e179fe84be93d30ae8c136.pngScreenshot_2020-11-09-11-35-50.thumb.png.230d448b74230b11e27639676891c264.png

We all knew this was coming. She’s probably planning another vacation. You can’t run away from your unwanted large family Braggie.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We all knew this was coming. She’s probably planning another vacation. You can’t run away from your unwanted large family Braggie.

What I don't understand is why she would be adding activities to the schedule when she's feeling overwhelmed. I understand that they're beneficial to the kids but so is a mentally healthy mother. I suppose if it all feels like drudgery, what's one more thing? 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

What I don't understand is why she would be adding activities to the schedule when she's feeling overwhelmed. I understand that they're beneficial to the kids but so is a mentally healthy mother. I suppose if it all feels like drudgery, what's one more thing? 

Oh no it’s her competitive mommy martyr side. I’m sure she’s trying to keep up with Jenny Flanders and other moms of many who have their kids in these great opportunities for their children. She will be posting about the activities soon. Like the times she posted about sitting in the rain to watch the boys play soccer. Or spending her entire weekend going to a competition her older boys are participating in. It’s just another way to be a martyr.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

I get the whole shorter days, tiredness, feeling in a rut thing. I even get the reframing as mundane acts of worship - whatever helps you get through some days. But I also am really glad that schools are running so we all get a break from each other, that it looks like after school activities will start up again soon, and that we have been able to stop being in the same space all the time. Do Abbie's kids ever get a break from her?

• Upvote 7

Man that sounds like a cry for help.  I have my shitty days/weeks too but besides the fact that I don't try to push through and add more things on and self flagellate for not trusting god more, I also don't post it on a public IG.  She needs an intervention.  The freak out on Shiloh is directly related to her being overwhelmed.  If she had posted about freaking out and feeling guilty after and knowing that she needed some help and decompression time I'd be propping her.  Instead she posts that terrible photo so that we know she doesn't regret freaking out on her kid and then blathers on about trusting in God and pushing through.  Jesus would want you to get some professional help, lady.  That's why we have psychiatrists/therapists.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 15

I am left with so many questions, some which can be easily answered, but in what world are "Retail Therapy and conspiracy theorizing the first two things you think might bring you "true, lasting joy"? It is shitty she is using another picture of that poor baby to unload her "eternal unhappiness" or what ever, but that bit just really says so much about her, and why she should not have any responsibility for 10 kids!

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

I think if she has to go to anything for her kids it is probably more then she can handle. I think I would normally agree, about healthy Mom but she is so narcissistic, if she could just have every one do every ounce of the work, the older children do things with her, and all the kids pose perfectly for photos a few times a week, she would pretty much hit her limit with interactions with those kids.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

If they cared about kids at all, he’d get vasectomy and she’d get her tubes tied and they’d STOP having kids.

I’ll say it every time we talk about this topic, just in case she reads here, the day is never longer than 24 hours, even in a fundie home, and sane parents need sleep too. What they are attempting to do is impossible, and they are just defeating the purpose of raising healthy, happy, stable people.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

About the grabbing picture....
Who took that? Did she see Shiloh messing with the lipstick, flip her lid, grab him and then..... hold him still for a picture?
That’s what it looks like.
That’s awful even for her.

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 19
  • Love 1

Also. I never had kids but I seem to have read that you should never grab them by the arm like this especially when they are little like this. There is too much risk of damage to the shoulder or even a fracture.

I really hate that this country allows people to do things to their children that would be assault if you did them to another adult.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

It's telling that two rather cute pictures of solo Shiloh are representative of her admitting to her own exhaustion. I am NOT judging the exhaustion itself because the woman has 10 kids, two of them newborns, and anyone would feel exhausted. I even cut her some slack with having a toddler because they are exhausting all on their own. But it's also NOT SHILOH'S FAULT. Stop filming extended Instastories about how you do laundry and give your toddler some of that attention. Part of me hates saying that because postpartum sleep deprivation is torture, but she's deliberately doing everything the hardest way possible. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7

Per today’s IG, Shiloh vacillates between hugging the babies and slapping the babies. Shiloh should not be given the opportunity or chance to “slap” the babies. Having 5 kids under 5, including 3 under 2, is hard, and is the reason most adults in the 21 century use birth control. Regardless, parent up before someone gets hurt.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 16

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Per today’s IG, Shiloh vacillates between hugging the babies and slapping the babies. Shiloh should not be given the opportunity or chance to “slap” the babies. Having 5 kids under 5, including 3 under 2, is hard, and is the reason most adults in the 21 century use birth control. Regardless, parent up before someone gets hurt.

Maybe shiloh hits the babies because she hits Shiloh? If he mimics her with lipstick, why wouldn’t he mimic her with hitting?

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 9
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe shiloh hits the babies because she hits Shiloh? If he mimics her with lipstick, why wouldn’t he mimic her with hitting?

Damn, I hope she’s not hitting a kid who is still a baby himself. There is never a reason for that.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 8

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Damn, I hope she’s not hitting a kid who is still a baby himself. There is never a reason for that.

Oh I bet she is. I don’t have proof or anything. But I would bet he’s getting spanked. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh I bet she is. I don’t have proof or anything. But I would bet he’s getting spanked. 

I’m hoping this is her last pregnancy/baby (ies). She did not handle this one well; really failed to hide her disdain for everything associated with the process. She use to cover up the ugly and nasty better. Now it seems she’s really has no more EFFs to give and doesn’t care who knows or sees it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She posted a story not that long ago lamenting the fact that she was unable to leave a doctors waiting room (or something to that effect, I can’t remember exactly) to take a child out to the car for discipline which, unless you’re intending to hit your child, should be an unnecessary part of said discipline. I really have no doubt that she at least spanks those kids. They’re all obviously terrified of her.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic