IGNORED

M is for Mama 9: Mom of Ten, Dislikes Them All

nelliebelle1197

35 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She tells us all the things that make her happy/ the happiest, and other than holding babies, children are not mentioned. And in the next sentence she mentions how she’s writing (shilling) a book on MOTHERHOOD. She can’t miss the irony, can she? She never seemed lacking in intellect, but man. Doesn’t she re-read the things she writes before hitting send?

I would never write a book on parenting advice because 1) I don’t think I’m very good at it and 2) I don’t really love parenting. I love my kids. But a lot of the parenting stuff like potty training, sleepless nights, tantrums, and car sickness barfs are about last on my list of things I enjoy. Maybe that’s partly why I stopped at two. I will say that I am liking age 7 and 8. Those are pretty good ages. If my older son could stay 8 forever I wouldn’t mind ;)

• Upvote 8
  • Love 18

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would never write a book on parenting advice because 1) I don’t think I’m very good at it and 2) I don’t really love parenting. I love my kids. But a lot of the parenting stuff like potty training, sleepless nights, tantrums, and car sickness barfs are about last on my list of things I enjoy. Maybe that’s partly why I stopped at two. I will say that I am liking age 7 and 8. Those are pretty good ages. If my older son could stay 8 forever I wouldn’t mind ;)

My daughter is a natural mom, but she’s also an introvert, and so she is 1 and done. Her husband is also older and has a son from a previous relationship, so  he has both a son and a daughter. My GD is also pretty high maintenance. She is 6 and this seems to be a really good age. Age 3-4, OMG, the tantrums. She was a tiny controller. Myself, 2 was enough. I’m not overly patient and don’t really care for loudness, messes or teenagers.

• Upvote 15

More Shiloh-shaming in her stories. He got into her lipstick, but thank goodness it was after the family photos, not before! ? Heaven forbid if she'd had to grab some makeup remover and spend two minutes cleaning up her toddler. Also, maybe I'm just chubbier/less muscled than Abbie, but the way her tendons stand out in that photo make it look like she's grabbing his arm really, really hard. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 2

27 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My daughter is a natural mom, but she’s also an introvert, and so she is 1 and done. Her husband is also older and has a son from a previous relationship, so  he has both a son and a daughter. My GD is also pretty high maintenance. She is 6 and this seems to be a really good age. Age 3-4, OMG, the tantrums. She was a tiny controller. Myself, 2 was enough. I’m not overly patient and don’t really care for loudness, messes or teenagers.

My younger son is 5 and when he was 3-4, it was so hard. He is also a controller. He still tries to control me but has realized he can’t so he does it less often. He’s also the child that is much more like me. Which makes it so much harder. It’s terrible trying to parent your clone. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 4

Not a great look. Why post it? I’ll never understand. It could be a moment in any parent’s life but she posts many of these. I really hate her for this one. 
*maybe not every parent’s life but we all have moments and I would never post this. I would feel like shit if I grabbed my child like this and posted it. 
 * not even sure I’m expressing myself properly but this is really upsetting. 

Spoiler

E1AB53CD-4E48-43B4-AED1-7A9183E39826.thumb.jpeg.89fd893fe24c0e88c3423e897ea8f2e1.jpeg

Edited by DancingPhalanges
  • Upvote 2
  • Angry 6
  • Disgust 10
  • Sad 14
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

44 minutes ago, DancingPhalanges said:

Not a great look. Why post it? I’ll never understand. It could be a moment in any parent’s life but she posts many of these. I really hate her for this one. 
*maybe not every parent’s life but we all have moments and I would never post this. I would feel like shit if I grabbed my child like this and posted it. 

Hide contents

E1AB53CD-4E48-43B4-AED1-7A9183E39826.thumb.jpeg.89fd893fe24c0e88c3423e897ea8f2e1.jpeg

What in the actual fuck? She has a death grip on his arm. How can a picture that doesn't even show her face have so much aggression? I rarely use the word hate but I hate this picture so very much. Shiloh looks agonized and it kills me. A little one his age only needs redirection, there is literally no value to punishment here except to instill fear and I have a feeling that's exactly what Abbie is going for. No doubt there was a spanking after this picture was taken and it makes me thoroughly despise her more than I can say. And as bad as a spanking is, the mental fuckery that comes with holding a fucking camera in your toddler's face while he's clearly upset is so much worse. Emotional abuse is an ugly thing and that is exactly what she is engaged in. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 26
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, DancingPhalanges said:

Reveal hidden contents

This picture brought back very vivid memories of always being terrified of getting into trouble as the child of people who either had bad tempers (my dad) or didn’t particularly enjoy child me (my mom). I can’t even say I’ve ever been specifically grabbed like this but something about that obvious death grip really made me remember those feelings like I’m about to be hauled off for a good spanking.

Abbie sucks.

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 21

Poor Shiloh. I’m sure Braggie was on her phone ignoring him while he was getting her lipstick. Maybe she should keep an eye on her toddler. She punished him when really it’s her fault. My younger son got into the diaper cream and made a mess at that age. I just laughed and cleaned it up. He was 1 and it was my fault for not watching him better. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 7

Just now, Sairrr said:

This picture brought back very vivid memories of always being terrified of getting into trouble as the child of people who either had bad tempers (my dad) or didn’t particularly enjoy child me (my mom). I can’t even say I’ve ever been specifically grabbed like this but something about that obvious death grip really made me remember those feelings like I’m about to be hauled off for a good spanking.

Abbie sucks.

I was trying to avoid making it personal but that was where my mind went, too. My parents were both abusive narc assholes and Shiloh looks so damn vulnerable that I was instantly triggered. I'm sorry you felt triggered as well.

I broke the cycle and raised my own daughter without violence or intimidation. Children deserve respect and patience. They are little people that didn't ask to be born. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 29

Thank you to everyone who mentioned her death grip on that poor little boy. I thought perhaps I was overreacting because I find her parenting and reproductive habits so reprehensible.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2

That picture...

I don't where to start

1. Abbie gets upset if the smallest things go wrong. Most women, who have big families, learn not to sweat the small stuff.  Abby is one of the people that the small things are really important and probably always will be. 

2. Shiloh is not 2 and yet again she expects perfection from him.

3. Why post such a picture?  I think Abbie is angling for her own television show. She has a big family and a nice house and she thinks she would make good television. I also think that Abby thrives on both positive and negative attention.  She'll take being famous and infamous as long as people look. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

My heart keeps on breaking for this little boy. His parents are failing him on a daily basis.

Abbie, if you are reading here: PUT DOWN YOUR DAMN PHONE, TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHILDREN AND MOST OF ALL: GET SOME BIRTH CONTROL AND STOP ADDING KIDS TO YOUR MESS.

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 4

I’m so sorry for posting a triggering picture. I think I snapped when I saw it. Her stories were filled with pics of Shiloh crying during their Tennessee trip and it was really maddening. Then to see him terrified and crying, with a hashtag no less. I just, lost it for a minute and posted. Again, I’m so sorry. 

• Upvote 17
  • Sad 4
  • Love 6

This pic is everything. Look where they stuck Shiloh. Next to his brother-dad. This little one is still a baby! My two year old needs me and only wants me (dad is sometimes second). He loves his siblings, but if we were taking a family pic, I would be holding HIM. No questions asked. But, it’s all about the newbies. Out with the old...I’m heart broken and disgusted.

E35AB7B7-9D00-4BAF-A77D-93826021E00B.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 9
  • I Agree 8

That picture of her grabbing Shiloh literally turned my stomach.  He looks terrified.  :( 

Her hair always looks like giant cocker spaniel ears to me.  Wait, that's an insult...I'm sure the average cocker spaniel is a better mother than she is.  :P

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 5

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Poor Shiloh. I’m sure Braggie was on her phone ignoring him while he was getting her lipstick. Maybe she should keep an eye on her toddler. She punished him when really it’s her fault. My younger son got into the diaper cream and made a mess at that age. I just laughed and cleaned it up. He was 1 and it was my fault for not watching him better. 

This reminds me of the time my partner volunteered to watch my young niece and younger nephew in our house so I could have some sister-time. We went out to a nice restaurant together for lunch. When we got back my partner said the kids had been quiet while we were gone!!! When we went to the room where they had been hanging out, we found that they had gotten into my sanitary supplies. It's amazing what creative things young children can do with feminine sanitary supplies. And there was an old tube TV in that room that never worked again. My sister and I just laughed and pitched in together to clean up the mess. 

Edited by FiveAcres
spelling
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I will say that I am liking age 7 and 8. Those are pretty good ages. If my older son could stay 8 forever I wouldn’t mind

Teenagers may be enjoyable too. It's great to have conversations to almost-adults and watch how they develop their personalities and discover the "real world". 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Poor kid. All I can see is a little boy trying to be "just like mommy" and trying to earn her love.

And it's totally logical! She wants to direct and dictate to her children to act and behave and even to think in her vision. So it makes total sense that this little kiddo would want to conform to her ideal. Notice that he put the lipstick on his lips, rather than do what most small children do and draw all over themselves, the walls, the furniture...

He seemed to want to please her by conforming to her beauty standards! And then was punished. Poor, poor kid.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Teenagers may be enjoyable too. It's great to have conversations to almost-adults and watch how they develop their personalities and discover the "real world". 

This is why I chose to teach high school! I always have people that go “Ew teenagers are so disrespectful, why would you teach them?”, and every time I tell them that it’s amazing to talk to teens and get to watch them come into their own as young adults. I prefer teens over little kids any day of the week. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

18 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

This is why I chose to teach high school! I always have people that go “Ew teenagers are so disrespectful, why would you teach them?”, and every time I tell them that it’s amazing to talk to teens and get to watch them come into their own as young adults. I prefer teens over little kids any day of the week. 

I admit that if I taught high school, I would probably prefer juniors and seniors. Freshman are in such a difficult stage. I would probably let them get away with too much because I feel bad for them. You couldn’t make me relive freshman year for 1 million dollars! The very worst year of high school by far. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Zommom said:

This pic is everything. Look where they stuck Shiloh. Next to his brother-dad. This little one is still a baby! My two year old needs me and only wants me (dad is sometimes second). He loves his siblings, but if we were taking a family pic, I would be holding HIM. No questions asked. But, it’s all about the newbies. Out with the old...I’m heart broken and disgusted.

E35AB7B7-9D00-4BAF-A77D-93826021E00B.jpeg

If in some alternate universe my husband and I had Abbie's kids and we did that pic, we'd have one of us holding both babies and the other holding Shiloh. Honor and Theo would be where they are, but the older kids would spread out around us, probably girls in front, boys behind. Abbie just lined them up that way to show how many there are.

Shoving Shiloh aside looks awful, but I wonder if he actually wanted to be with Ezra. He's almost certainly more attached to Ezra than his parents, which is a whole other level of sad. Either way, this picture is horrible.

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 4

Jenny Flanders kept the chameleons whole Braggie was in Tennessee. I wonder who kept Ruby. Probably her parents. I’m sure their trip was why Braggie got rid of the puppies too early. Who cares if they need their mother? It’s not like Braggie cares about human children needing their mother. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 10
  • I Agree 6

16 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Her hair always looks like giant cocker spaniel ears to me.  Wait, that's an insult...I'm sure the average cocker spaniel is a better mother than she is.  :P

It's also definitely unfair, since most of them have way better hair than she does! 

Just look at these beachy waves and caramel highlights! 

Spoiler

sub-buzz-5285-1498501488-2.png?downsize=

Edited by milkteeth
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic