IGNORED

M is for Mama 9: Mom of Ten, Dislikes Them All

nelliebelle1197

17 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

She posted an Instagram story with her staring into the camera and the toddler and twins crying with a ? cool, “Waiting for our grocery pick-up and #errrbodyisupset” 

It’s insane, how hard she tries to always be “cool”.FDB8CCA5-9654-4D16-9112-54F3C35CB40C.thumb.png.c0c116f02d76ebf7de4f1fd24a2fcb34.png

Yikes. This isn't a good look for Abbie. She looks like such a salty bitch here. I can't imagine what it must be like to live with a person like this, where even picking up groceries becomes a public martyr event. No doubt Shaun is at home hiding in his office while the children fend for themselves.

Also, it's amazing how perfectly smooth and poreless Abbie's face is. She looks like she's made of wax. You don't think she filters the hell out of her face while waiting for groceries, do you?

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

19 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Yikes. This isn't a good look for Abbie. She looks like such a salty bitch here. I can't imagine what it must be like to live with a person like this, where even picking up groceries becomes a public martyr event. No doubt Shaun is at home hiding in his office while the children fend for themselves.

Also, it's amazing how perfectly smooth and poreless Abbie's face is. She looks like she's made of wax. You don't think she filters the hell out of her face while waiting for groceries, do you?

She should be on her knees thanking her god for grocery pick up. As a mom myself, it’s amazing. She should be grateful she doesn’t have to pile those three babies into a cart and push them around the store while they cry and everyone stares.

If she thinks pick up takes too long at Walmart, she should stop her ignorant boycott of Target and try their pick up. Maybe it’s better.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

Why did Braggie go to Clear Fork Healthy Dental clinic in Fort Worth (she mentioned that is where she went in today's Instagram story) to get the twins' tongue tie fixed instead of seeing Shaun Halberstadt's brother who is a dentist with his own practice? 

His brother works at a Frankston, TX clinic with his wife, who is an assistant there... Braggie doesn't live in a town that's far from their office so I wonder why they avoided him.
https://frankstondentist.com/about/   @JermajestyDuggar and @SuperNova, any ideas?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, luv2laugh said:

Why did Braggie go to Clear Fork Healthy Dental clinic in Fort Worth (she mentioned that is where she went in today's Instagram story) to get the twins' tongue tie fixed instead of seeing Shaun Halberstadt's brother who is a dentist with his own practice? 

His brother works at a Frankston, TX clinic with his wife, who is an assistant there... Braggie doesn't live in a town that's far from their office so I wonder why they avoided him.
https://frankstondentist.com/about/   @JermajestyDuggar and @SuperNova, any ideas?

I have no idea. I feel like Braggie never mentions his side of the family.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, luv2laugh said:

I think I see where you are going with this: Abbie is legit terrible, and is super-snobby about dentists unless they are in an awesome and large city. (Based on what we know of her, totally logical path)

BUT! We have a Christmas miracle! She's not so terrible! There are pretty strict laws about "dual relationships" in medicine. It could very well be that brother's license prohibits performing dental work on relatives.

• Upvote 9

He may not be comfortable treating family, especially baby nephews. It’s possible he can’t treat them, not sure of legalities. 

• Upvote 5

And just like that, the new van is wrecked. Jesus these folks are just so out of control(as would most families with that number of kids, especially when never parent seems to have the parent whisperer gene or inclination). 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 5

17 hours ago, feministxtian said:

So, upset babies and she's taking pictures? I lose my shit if baby A starts crying...like I will dead stop whatever the hell I'm doing and see to her if I'm watching her. Her parents do the same thing, as does her big sister. NOBODY wants to listen to a baby cry. Hell, my puppy has some separation anxiety and I can't stand listening to her whine and cry either...and she's "just a dog". 

I just can't with these people. 

I’ll never forget the time when my mom and I went Christmas shopping with my two-month-old baby. I put the baby, in her car seat, into the shopping cart. When she wanted to be picked up, she looked at me and arched her back, sticking up her little tummy. I got all gushy about how smart that was, and of course I picked her up.

One time I went on a day trip to visit my aunt with my pup, and she invited me to stay the night. I had my pup’s crate in the car; she slept in it at night (because she wasn’t an ace at house-training). Somehow, the idea of being in her crate in my aunt’s guest room was scary in a way sleeping in it at home wasn’t, so I let Tip into bed with me when she started crying.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

Has anyone heard of body works? Is this some type of woo massage for infants or something? And, they diagnosed the twins with tongue and lip tied? Not her pediatrician? OK.

So, this whole, “I never yell, I’m so calm,” ya-da, ya-da from Abbie is so ridiculous. I’m so sick of her humble bragging. We know she has way more “me time” than the average mom. We know she has her mom stepping in as a third parent. We know her own kids do a ton of the parenting and most of the house work. And, she apparently doesn’t grocery shop, now! Lol she is fortunate to spend time away from home exercising, shopping, writing/clogging, hanging out with friends, and going on weekly date nights. Not to mention all the vacations. Abbie can manage to act calm, because she makes sure she can escape the fray. Most moms don’t have that luxury. 

• Upvote 8

21 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

She posted an Instagram story with her staring into the camera and the toddler and twins crying with a ? cool, “Waiting for our grocery pick-up and #errrbodyisupset” 

It’s insane, how hard she tries to always be “cool”.FDB8CCA5-9654-4D16-9112-54F3C35CB40C.thumb.png.c0c116f02d76ebf7de4f1fd24a2fcb34.png

Her eyes are totally dead. There's nothing behind them. It's kind of freaky.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Hane said:

I’ll never forget the time when my mom and I went Christmas shopping with my two-month-old baby. I put the baby, in her car seat, into the shopping cart. When she wanted to be picked up, she looked at me and arched her back, sticking up her little tummy. I got all gushy about how smart that was, and of course I picked her up.

One time I went on a day trip to visit my aunt with my pup, and she invited me to stay the night. I had my pup’s crate in the car; she slept in it at night (because she wasn’t an ace at house-training). Somehow, the idea of being in her crate in my aunt’s guest room was scary in a way sleeping in it at home wasn’t, so I let Tip into bed with me when she started crying.

It takes all I have to make Sadie sleep in her crate. She still has massive separation anxiety and I was losing my shit while I was out running errands today. She's not 100% on the whole housetraining thing just yet (but she's pretty damn good at it) and is a chewer so crating her is the best way to keep her and my house safe. I can't stand listening to HER cry...I don't think Sadie will ever sleep with me, she's gonna be a big doggie. We'll see what happens. Most of my pups were crated overnight for years. They understood the concept of "go to bed" or "go night-night". It's bad enough the damn cats have to groom me in my sleep! I've woken up with some really interesting hair styles!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 3

10 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

I have no clue but @FilleMondaine is probably right, snobbery.

8 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And just like that, the new van is wrecked. Jesus these folks are just so out of control(as would most families with that number of kids, especially when never parent seems to have the parent whisperer gene or inclination). 

Did they get in an accident?

7 hours ago, Zommom said:

So, this whole, “I never yell, I’m so calm,” ya-da, ya-da from Abbie is so ridiculous. I’m so sick of her humble bragging.

I call bullshit but let's just say that it's true. Abbie has admitted to being a seething ball of barely contained rage. If she's not a yeller it's because she knows how quickly she becomes out of control. So instead she channels it into cruelty. Case in point, the pic she posted of herself with a death grip on Shiloh as he cried. So many of us were triggered by the aggressiveness of it.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

It takes all I have to make Sadie sleep in her crate. She still has massive separation anxiety and I was losing my shit while I was out running errands today. She's not 100% on the whole housetraining thing just yet (but she's pretty damn good at it) and is a chewer so crating her is the best way to keep her and my house safe. I can't stand listening to HER cry...I don't think Sadie will ever sleep with me, she's gonna be a big doggie. We'll see what happens. Most of my pups were crated overnight for years. They understood the concept of "go to bed" or "go night-night". It's bad enough the damn cats have to groom me in my sleep! I've woken up with some really interesting hair styles!

I had to crate train my six year old dog this summer- she had the worst crate anxiety when she was first adopted and I didn't want her to hurt herself so I stopped trying. Doing it this summer took a long time (and lots of treats/peanut butter kongs) but it's so worth it in the end! Good luck with your puppy, hopefully she comes to see it as her special safe place soon.

• Upvote 4

We crate trained our puppy when we got her around 5 months. We started with the crate in our bedroom, and after a little bit wanted to transition the crate to downstairs. The first night we went to do this, it ended up thunderstorming in the middle of the night. Pup seemed just fine, but we felt like terrible humans.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, SuperNova said:

You don't think she filters the hell out of her face while waiting for groceries, do you?

She absolutely does - she uses preset filters for everything.  It's another way she lies, IMO.  "Oh gosh look at me I'm so crunchy and real...except for my airbrushed face and filtered photos of my house." 

ETA: (NOT picking on him but merely pointing this out) - I have noticed in the last few pics that Ezra seems to be dealing with pretty severe acne.  As someone who went through that with one of my own kids, I hope they are taking him to a dermatologist and not trying to treat it with essential oils or woo-whatever.  

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 10

14 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

We crate trained our puppy when we got her around 5 months. We started with the crate in our bedroom, and after a little bit wanted to transition the crate to downstairs. The first night we went to do this, it ended up thunderstorming in the middle of the night. Pup seemed just fine, but we felt like terrible humans.

Sadie is in a smaller crate in my bedroom right now. When she outgrows it I'm going to transition her to a large crate (that I already have) in the living room. When I did that with my dog Anakin, I ended up sleeping downstairs for a week until he got settled. I can see me doing the same with Sadie. 

• Upvote 5

How is it that we heathens threat our pets way better than Fundies threat their blessings from god a.ka. their kids? How can she stand their kids crying at the top of their lungs and bragg about how calm she stays in ignoring them in their distress?

I can't stand when my doggie is crying. So I ended up sharing my bed with my doggie, because in their first night here they where crying in their bed next to mine. But I got used to dog snuggles the first thing in the morning and the last thing in the evening, even set the alarm 5 minutes earlier for that.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

How do you let your children know they're a HUGE inconvenience to your life in a god honoring way? Simple. Tell them that they're a sanctifying nuisance. Seriously, she actually calls her children a nuisance.

It's so hard to understand how a woman with 10 kids expects good behavior with minimal parenting. Why does she have such high expectations from infants and toddlers? Babies cry, kids forget books and fail tests, fender benders happen. None of these things are unique, they're just life happening. Everything doesn't have to be an excruciating trial. She believes that the struggle is real because she was tired on date night. Never mind the millions of out if work moms and dads doing thier best to keep food on the table during a pandemic. Abbie was tired on date night. The audacity if this woman is staggering.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-12-05-13-00-59.png.f526e18aebdae4055ca3e90f28b5e445.pngScreenshot_2020-12-05-13-01-06.thumb.png.3fdc50140c0bb88f6f0317f9340c8189.pngScreenshot_2020-12-05-13-01-13.thumb.png.3115e417ba1864f9a8c92d07981bf37d.pngScreenshot_2020-12-05-13-01-18.png.9ef087544af748169efbba14119e375b.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 7
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

How do you let your children know they're a HUGE inconvenience to your life in a god honoring way? Simple. Tell them that they're a sanctifying nuisance. Seriously, she actually calls her children a nuisance.

It's so hard to understand how a woman with 10 kids expects good behavior with minimal parenting. Why does she have such high expectations from infants and toddlers? Babies cry, kids forget books and fail tests, fender benders happen. None of these things are unique, they're just life happening. Everything doesn't have to be an excruciating trial. She believes that the struggle is real because she was tired on date night. Never mind the millions of out if work moms and dads doing thier best to keep food on the table during a pandemic. Abbie was tired on date night. The audacity if this woman is staggering.

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-12-05-13-00-59.png.f526e18aebdae4055ca3e90f28b5e445.pngScreenshot_2020-12-05-13-01-06.thumb.png.3fdc50140c0bb88f6f0317f9340c8189.pngScreenshot_2020-12-05-13-01-13.thumb.png.3115e417ba1864f9a8c92d07981bf37d.pngScreenshot_2020-12-05-13-01-18.png.9ef087544af748169efbba14119e375b.png

It sounds like a crappy week but she chose this. She keeps choosing this. It’s all on her and Shaun. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

25 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It sounds like a crappy week but she chose this. She keeps choosing this. It’s all on her and Shaun. 

The fender bender and, more importantly, the babies' painful surgery do make for a rough week. The other stuff is so minor as to be laughable. 

Who looks at babies who are crying in pain and thinks, photo op! Don't artfully pose them in matching outfits against a contrasting rug, pick up the poor things and comfort them. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, katilac said:

The fender bender and, more importantly, the babies' painful surgery do make for a rough week. The other stuff is so minor as to be laughable. 

Who looks at babies who are crying in pain and thinks, photo op! Don't artfully pose them in matching outfits against a contrasting rug, pick up the poor things and comfort them. 

She’s a lunatic and I’m sure all her kids, particularly her babies, pick up on that crazy tension. And now it’s a fender bender? When she initially described the accident she said that the car was inoperable. Cars with dented fenders can usually still be driven.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

She’s a lunatic and I’m sure all her kids, particularly her babies, pick up on that crazy tension. And now it’s a fender bender? When she initially described the accident she said that the car was inoperable. Cars with dented fenders can usually still be driven.

She says that it was a fender bender and she also says it was then undrivable. In the same sentence.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

Yes, kids can be royal pains in the ass...its in their job description! Even when they're grown they're pains in the ass, trust me on this. BUT...I'd never post that on fucking social media. I mean, I can post it here because my kids are grown, they know they're pains in my ass and they enjoy being pains in my ass (yes, our family is sorta strange). 

Braggie...give it up...you've resented those kids from day one. I feel so sorry for those kids...but not for you. Listen, dumb bitch, get your tubes tied, pay attention to your kids instead of social media or some damn book you're theoretically writing. 

My 3 are lovely grownups, were royal pains in the ass growing up...at times. However, I wouldn't have DREAMED of saying that publicly. They know beyond a doubt that I pretty much worship them. All the time and effort and tears and frustration over the last 38 years have been worth it, to see the amazing people they've grown up to be. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

I hope she wasn’t driving distracted or angry. I don’t want to think this of her, but I can just see her seething and getting distracted and...

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I hope she wasn’t driving distracted or angry. I don’t want to think this of her, but I can just see her seething and getting distracted and...

I'm 100% sure she was driving and distracted if they were coming back from the tongue tie surgery. Two babies crying, Shiloh probably reacting to it - hard not to be. (One reason I personally would have tried to leave the 2 year old with grandma if possible, but that's me.) 

As for "A date night with my equally tired partner" - if you're both tired then stay the hell home for crying out loud! Get takeaway, have a glass or wine, watch Netlfix. Sheesh, it is not bloody mandatory to go out because it's Date Night, even less during a bloody pandemic. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic