IGNORED

M is for Mama 9: Mom of Ten, Dislikes Them All

nelliebelle1197

It occurred to me this morning.  What happens if she has colicky babies?  Does she make backhanded remarks about them too on IG?  I only recently found her, does someone who's followed her longer know if she's had a colicky baby?  At this point she must have. 

• Upvote 5

20 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

A smile that doesn't reach the eyes is a shark smile. My truly evil asshat boss has it. My MIL has it. My FIL had it. A very close friend's father had it.

They aren't smiling at you -- it's an open mouth showing teeth while they are thinking of ways to get back at you/ whoever they're smiling at.

As a lifelong lover and student of sharks, I love this.

I will also add that I've seen many Great White Shark smiles that held more warmth than Braggie's.

great white smile.jpg

Edited by danvillebelle
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 11

On 11/25/2020 at 6:15 AM, Joe Pukepail said:

I would also be overwhelmed by that many little kids. This is why I don't intentionally keep having them. I feel a lot of sympathy toward women who find themselves overwhelmed by their kids for reasons beyond their control, or people who have surprise multiples and end up unexpectedly outnumbered, but Abbie has been in over her head for at least five kids now, and she definitely knew after only one or two that she was probably not the kind of person who was going to enjoy her kids' baby days, but she continues to get pregnant. It's like the old saw about the guy who goes to his doctor and complains, "Doc, it hurts when I go like this!" The doctor replies, "Well, stop doing that then!"

I made my first ever best friend when in kindergarten. She was half of a set of twins, which I thought was super amazing. Imagine how my mind was blown to learn that she had a twin brother and sister a year older than we were, a brother a year older than that, and another brother a year older than that. I LOVED going to play at their house because there was always someone around to figure out something fun. I thought having that many siblings so close in age was just amazing. Now that I'm childbearing age, I hope their mom is on a tropical beach somewhere, drinking something that has a little umbrella in it. At one point, she had six kids three and under, four of whom were twins less than a full year apart. I don't remember her ever so much as raising her voice. She was one of those people who are just joyfully well suited to having a crapload of kids. My point here, I guess, is that everyone who has a kid knows how it happened, and they know how to stop it from happening again if they want to. Abbie's very transparent posturing about being a relatable mom is lame. She could have stopped at one. Or two. Or three. Or...you get my drift. Nobody was forcing her to keep doing this, and now she doesn't have a way out that won't hurt a bunch of small people. I'd say it's sad, but it isn't sad for anyone except that passel of neglected kids. Abbie made her bed.

One of the moms in my le leche league group had two singles, triples, then twins less than year later. At one point she had seven kids, five under one ?.

I feel like, at that point, I would have faked my death and run for the hills ? jk... mostly.. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 9

My mom was a nurse and remembers a mom that had a two back to back single pregnancies then immediately triplets.  5 boys, Oldest was 2.  I hope that she had a lot of family. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Sigh. Sure, Abbie. Who cares. Also, using the term Ginger is not quirky or nice. But it’s not like Abby cares about little things like using culturally appropriate words and such.

985C93C8-F4C4-4790-B8B3-3F3C74B0981B.png

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Zommom said:

Sigh. Sure, Abbie. Who cares. Also, using the term Ginger is not quirky or nice. But it’s not like Abby cares about little things like using culturally appropriate words and such.

Wait- using the word ginger to describe redheads isn't okay? American here, first time I've ever heard that.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

I have heard some red heads say they don’t like the term ginger. But I think it’s not across the board hated by everyone. I don’t usually use it since some people don’t like it. But I have said ginger cat. 

And no Braggie, your babies are not going to have red hair. God she would love that. Because red haired babies photograph so well for instagram. She wants so badly to be special. But she’s not. She’s ordinary and it kills her.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10

3 hours ago, Zommom said:

What's culturally inappropriate about "ginger"? 

• Upvote 7

Side note, since Abbie loveeeees appropriating Jewish and/or Israeli culture: the Hebrew word for carrot is the slang for red head. Kind of sounds like "gezzer" where the g sounds is like in 'get'.

Why is it relevant that Simon is 13 and in Jewish tradition he becomes a man? Because he very much does not live in Jewish tradition by, I dunno, believing in Jesus.

• Upvote 11

That baby's hair is a bit reddish gold. She has reddish undertones to her hair so it wouldn't surprise me if he did have reddish hair.  

• Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Side note, since Abbie loveeeees appropriating Jewish and/or Israeli culture: the Hebrew word for carrot is the slang for red head. Kind of sounds like "gezzer" where the g sounds is like in 'get'.

Why is it relevant that Simon is 13 and in Jewish tradition he becomes a man? Because he very much does not live in Jewish tradition by, I dunno, believing in Jesus.

Because her parents are messianic. She obviously decided to not be messianic as an adult but I wonder how she would take it if any of her kids decided they would not follow her faith as adults. I have a feeling she wouldn’t be very understanding. 

• Upvote 5

Is twinbies her made up word or is it a new way to refer to twins? It’s one of those words that if someone else were saying it I’d probably think it was cute (at least the first couple times) but when she uses it it’s annoying. 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Is twinbies her made up word or is it a new way to refer to twins? It’s one of those words that if someone else were saying it I’d probably think it was cute (at least the first couple times) but when she uses it it’s annoying. 

It's how she distinguishes from her older set of twins and her twin babies.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, indianabones said:

It's how she distinguishes from her older set of twins and her twin babies.

She also calls the girls “twirlies.”

God she’s insufferable. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Zommom said:

Oh my god. Can this woman find a stupider reason to feel special? This is so unbelievably moronic. 

For those asking, I think ginger is considered derogatory because of a Southpark episode about "gingers" not having souls. 

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She also calls the girls “twirlies.”

God she’s insufferable. 

She calls them "twinsies" because she couldn't make "twirlies" stick. Let's not forget that she also had plans to call the new twins "twunks" but changed her mind. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, libriatrix said:

In the UK it's commonly used as a slur. 

I understand that some people find it offensive, although I would stop short of calling it a "slur". I was more specifically wondering about the "culturally appropriate" criticism. Whether the original wording was actually intended to be "appropriate" or it was a typo for "appropriative", I don't really get it.

Thanks for responding, though! I know that red haired people have faced social difficulty, though I've never understood it. My mom is a redhead and I wish I had gotten it too! Alas, not a lot of the recessive red hair gene in my father's ethnic background. 

• Upvote 4

11 hours ago, JMO said:

My mom was a nurse and remembers a mom that had a two back to back single pregnancies then immediately triplets.  5 boys, Oldest was 2.  I hope that she had a lot of family. 

I know someone who had triplets, a singleton 13 months later and another singleton 15 months after that second pregnancy. All five girls, and all  within 2.5 years. Crazy train-

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 5

In the 1980s my mom knew people whose babies had red hair and they were told that their kids could be child models. Red hair was particularly desirable for child models. 

I don't watch or care for South Park, so I wouldn't let them tell me what to think. 

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Because her parents are messianic. She obviously decided to not be messianic as an adult but I wonder how she would take it if any of her kids decided they would not follow her faith as adults. I have a feeling she wouldn’t be very understanding. 

I really hope Abbie's kids have autonomy and make lifechoices that are right for them as adults. I tend to think they will follow in their parents' footsteps, because most fundie kids seem to be stuck in that lifestyle.  

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And no Braggie, your babies are not going to have red hair. God she would love that. Because red haired babies photograph so well for instagram. She wants so badly to be special. But she’s not. She’s ordinary and it kills her.

At this point it is so obvious that her kids only purpose to her are as props to her social media appearance.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

6 hours ago, bea said:

Oh my GOD, sure, Abbie, totally. 3654933ecc710edc25cddcb6312b6d78.jpg

I agree with Abbie. For all that she does to appear like a hip, cool mama, she's really not. She is an incredibly boring and unoriginal person. It's actually kind of remarkable how little actual personality she possesses. 

If Abbie has been approached, I'm guessing two things have stopped her from signing a contract. The #1 reason would be Shaun. He barely allows himself to filmed or photographed and he's made his dislike of social media known. I seriously doubt he would agree to sign a contract that would make his life a public spectacle. #2 reason is that Abbie is a control freakShe wouldn't have total control over editing and optics. It wouldn't always be curated just the way she wants. There's no way to know for sure but I believe that Abbie is flat out mean a lot of the time. It would come through pretty quickly if she was on t.v. The truth of the matter is no one has approached them or she would have immediately made a post to brag about it.  

I watched all 3 1/2 minutes of the video on mute and Abbie didn't pay a single second of attention to Shiloh. Not even a glance. There's a few times where all she would have to do is turn her head because he's right next to her but she never does. Perhaps there's plenty of Shiloh/mama moments that didn't make the cut but it appears that the photographer attempted to include almost all combinations of child/parent. If it wasn't in the vid, it's probably because it didn't happen.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic