IGNORED

M is for Mama 9: Mom of Ten, Dislikes Them All

nelliebelle1197

My boys were bouncer lovers. They just loved to bounce. My younger one still rocks himself at 5.5. We broke a few bouncers because they basically wore out from all that bouncing. I never once put one on a table. Not even a low table like a coffee table. Because it’s unsafe. I don’t understand why they can’t just put them on the floor. You have to bend over a little bit more. Oh well. Hard is not the same as bad ?

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

51 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really don’t know why she puts those bouncers up on the table.

Because Shiloh would probably hurt them and Abbie is far too stupid to figure out how playpen’s work and how to pay attention to her 1 yr old.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 3

4 minutes ago, Zommom said:

Because Shiloh would probably hurt them and Abbie is far too stupid to figure out how playpen’s work and how to pay attention to her 1 yr old.

You are probably right. I bet she thinks baby gates are ugly and refuses to put one up to keep the babies from being hit by Shiloh. So she puts them on a table. I would love to let Braggie know that they will be much more hurt from a fall from a table than a hit from Shiloh. 

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I really don’t know why she puts those bouncers up on the table. In my experience, bouncers don’t always stay in one place. They move tiny amounts. You don’t notice it much until it’s been five minutes and the bouncer is a few inches away from where it started. They are so close to the edge. I’m surprised they haven’t fallen off yet.

Aren't those bouncer things unsafe? I know they can't be imported to Canada, but I guess the design could have changed to reduce the risk of asphyxiation.

10 minutes ago, Joe Pukepail said:

Aren't those bouncer things unsafe? I know they can't be imported to Canada, but I guess the design could have changed to reduce the risk of asphyxiation.

No, you’re probably thinking of the Fisher Price Rock and Play. I’ve never heard of bouncers causing asphyxiation. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Joe Pukepail said:

When my dad was adopted in the 1950s, he was five years old. He had spent his entire life tied to his crib. He was nonverbal and wore diapers. His mom cooked a chicken for dinner during his first weeks home and instead of eating what she put on his plate, he tried to eat the bones and scraps from the trash can. He didn't understand what to do with the actually edible parts.

He had a better time of it in adulthood than most adoptees who experience that kind of early childhood trauma, and he ended up having an excellent career at an international relations organization, but the attachment issues affected him for the rest of his life. He was very "looking out for number one" in his interactions with people, even with his own kids. 

I want to hug both you and him (and your mother and any other siblings) so much. Attachment is legit. Not everyone becomes Donald Trump. But...every single kid (and their family) has extra struggles.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 7

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No, you’re probably thinking of the Fisher Price Rock and Play. I’ve never heard of bouncers causing asphyxiation. 

Bouncers are potentially dangerous when used without proper supervision for the same reasons as the Rock and Play. Abbie is exactly the kind of parent who would strap her infant in and ignore them.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

7 hours ago, Zommom said:

And that sums up that they have WAY too many children.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

Those family photos are so bad.  Not Christopher Maxwell bad, but the one where Braggie looks like a disembodied head comes close.  Why did she pick clothing the colors of baby poop?  ?

Her Thanksgiving outfit of her too-small-crotch-riding overalls and a sleeveless ruffled top was hideous.  I'm sure she thinks she looks quirky and whimsical and she just looks...stupid.

Her videos in her stories honestly creep me the fuck out.  She comes across to me as utterly robotic...no change in voice tone, no emotion, no real smile.  Her smile NEVER reaches her eyes.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

A smile that doesn't reach the eyes is a shark smile. My truly evil asshat boss has it. My MIL has it. My FIL had it. A very close friend's father had it.

They aren't smiling at you -- it's an open mouth showing teeth while they are thinking of ways to get back at you/ whoever they're smiling at.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

Abbie's dress and tights combo are certainly a choice. I've scrubbed potatoes that are a prettier color than that dress. As bad as the mud colored clothes are, the oversaturation is killing me. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-27-12-05-55.png.3635fa773e7bb94e2968bff98084b619.pngScreenshot_2020-11-27-12-06-16.png.8bf6651a84ab65eb878308cbe6e77efc.pngScreenshot_2020-11-27-12-06-10.png.082da5d940348221cde53ca4ab9b0e70.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

Per Instagram, Shiloh has eaten 4 fake berries so far....  I guess she’s decorating for Christmas, but can’t someone watch Shiloh? Or play with him somewhere else in the giant house? Or outside? Or possibly Abbie could realize that it’s not normal to film/post everything that seemingly annoys her about Shiloh?

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 13

7 minutes ago, DarlingEve said:

Per Instagram, Shiloh has eaten 4 fake berries so far....  I guess she’s decorating for Christmas, but can’t someone watch Shiloh? Or play with him somewhere else in the giant house? Or outside? Or possibly Abbie could realize that it’s not normal to film/post everything that seemingly annoys her about Shiloh?

Or put the fake berry decorations up high? You would think she would know how to deal with toddlers by now.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

13 minutes ago, DarlingEve said:

I'm really wondering what is with her about Shiloh. Even in older pics before she was pregnant with the new twins, she hardly held him if the older kids were pictured with them. (Sorry if this has been discussed, but I'm pretty new to Abbie.) Toddlers are hard, you'll never hear me say otherwise, but she acts like he's just an obstacle instead of her child. Like to the point where I'm actually worried about this little guy (who I don't even know). 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9

Why does she hate Shiloh so much? Did she hate all her other one year olds as much, too? She has so much anger towards him!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

Honestly why bother with the fake berries? Why not just put up child friendly decorations or no decorations? She chose to have kids and she won't always have little kids. I hope Shiloh is okay and I don't care about her damn Christmas aesthetics. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12

I think she hates the age. She hated having twins as toddlers too. Things will be significantly worse in 18 months when the twins are eating the fake berries. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, DarlingEve said:

Better eating them than choking on them, I guess?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Joe Pukepail said:

Better eating them than choking on them, I guess?

Honestly this would be my fear. Why wouldn't she just move them right away? He had enough access to eat 4 berries. Thats just flat out parental negligence.

3 hours ago, DarlingEve said:

She's decorating. You can see the tree in the background of this b-day post to Simon. Abbie mentions that Shiloh loves Simon the best. Huh, I wonder why that is.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-27-18-29-15.png.8aaef6ca0ffb5f864faa695c5a753c2c.pngScreenshot_2020-11-27-18-29-24.thumb.png.b92baccb35264ce0713db9f29176520b.pngScreenshot_2020-11-27-18-29-27.png.a42782808afa601052b5bc8cd22d9846.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Honestly why bother with the fake berries? Why not just put up child friendly decorations or no decorations? She chose to have kids and she won't always have little kids. I hope Shiloh is okay and I don't care about her damn Christmas aesthetics. 

I think--honestly--that if she just used her cricut to make bunches of paper strips and then make paper chains...it would look beautiful in her house, and way more safe for the toddler.

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, FilleMondaine said:

I think--honestly--that if she just used her cricut to make bunches of paper strips and then make paper chains...it would look beautiful in her house, and way more safe for the toddler.

But that might not look as good on Instagram. It’s all about how things look on the gram. Who cares if her kids are harmed in the process....

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Honestly this would be my fear. Why wouldn't she just move them right away? He had enough access to eat 4 berries. Thats just flat out parental negligence.

She's decorating. You can see the tree in the background of this b-day post to Simon. Abbie mentions that Shiloh loves Simon the best. Huh, I wonder why that is.

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-11-27-18-29-15.png.8aaef6ca0ffb5f864faa695c5a753c2c.pngScreenshot_2020-11-27-18-29-24.thumb.png.b92baccb35264ce0713db9f29176520b.pngScreenshot_2020-11-27-18-29-27.png.a42782808afa601052b5bc8cd22d9846.png

If Simon is "a man" now, does that mean he gets to start ignoring his kids in favor of cultivating his social media?

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, DarlingEve said:

OMG I feel so so sorry for Shiloh. This child somewhat really touches my heart and I'd take him and care for him in a heartbeat.

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she hates the age. She hated having twins as toddlers too. Things will be significantly worse in 18 months when the twins are eating the fake berries. 

And by then she might be pregnant again. What a scary and sad thought.

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Why does she hate Shiloh so much? Did she hate all her other one year olds as much, too? She has so much anger towards him!

I think she did the same with Honor when he was younger. Now the boy is 3 and I suppose he's trained or has learned to keep quiet when mama is near, so he's not the current scapegoat anymore. Poor Shiloh gets the role now...

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic