IGNORED

M is for Mama 9: Mom of Ten, Dislikes Them All

nelliebelle1197

47 minutes ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

Did anyone see her insta story in which she had a "Doctor's" statement that covid 19 is no worse than mild flu, and the whole big deal being made out of it is a lie.  I'm paraphrasing, but it was nauseating, and I missed a chance to screenshot it, I thought for sure someone else might catch it and post it.  She is so ignorant. 

This seems to be making the rounds again. I was on a call the other day and the person said the same thing, that it wasn't a big deal and it's being way over grown because the same amount of people have died as usually do from the flu. Da fuq?!

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 6

4 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

This seems to be making the rounds again. I was on a call the other day and the person said the same thing, that it wasn't a big deal and it's being way over grown because the same amount of people have died as usually do from the flu. Da fuq?!

I think it was more believable 6 months ago. But today, I think it’s pretty unlikely anyone with any sort of rational thinking mind can say that now. Obviously Braggie his incredibly ignorant and has shown this time and time again. But thankfully I think most people realize that it is more than just a mild flu because of all the stats and people they know in real life that’s had it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

You would think that, but I know several medical professionals IRL who are still downplaying it.  A physician I am related to just recently told me that the flu is worse. 

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 14

On 11/23/2020 at 4:57 AM, Zommom said:

Seriously, can somebody please tell me what the hell this means? 

F150AD50-3298-4F7D-AC29-FC8468BDF905.png

It's like an advertisement telling you to ask your doctor about the different options for treating your erectile dysfunction.

• Haha 13

5 hours ago, snarkysuki1724 said:

Did anyone see her insta story in which she had a "Doctor's" statement that covid 19 is no worse than mild flu, and the whole big deal being made out of it is a lie.  I'm paraphrasing, but it was nauseating, and I missed a chance to screenshot it, I thought for sure someone else might catch it and post it.  She is so ignorant. 

I saw it. She must have taken it down shortly after posting it. Or, it got removed. Her comment was something like, “Have you heard this?” Have you also heard that that the man cold is worse than childbirth and paper cuts? That’s the truth!!!

• Haha 7

It's been really interesting to read everything about laundry locations. Where I used to live (Arizona and Hawaii), the washing machine is on the back porch. I really liked seeing the colors of the clothing drying on the line. (Although I also like my dryer, now!) And honestly, I also lived in a small 1950s house where the laundry was in the kitchen. You guys, it makes perfect sense, because the plumbing is all there, and the kitchen is generally a work-space. Much better than a small house with a closed-off laundry-room.

But I also understand that homes now are designed where the kitchen is just as public as the living room. People don't want their literal dirty laundry out for everyone to see from any other room in the house (because homes are usually wide open, now)

Thanks for all the comments! It's interesting to hear all the different experiences and viewpoints. Something Abbie would do well to adopt!

• Upvote 3

I've lived in places where the laundry was upstairs, downstairs, in the garage, in a shed in the back yard and in the kitchen. Right now my laundry "room" is also a storage room. I have full sized front loaders stacked to save room. Love it! IF I ever have a 2 story house again (I seriously doubt it, I love my little cave), the laundry would have to be on the 2nd floor. My old ass ain't trucking laundry up and down the stairs any more. 

In Arizona, we had a laundry room but I would hang things to dry on the fence around the pool...summertime, jeans would dry, no shit, in less than 30 minutes. Here in the frozen tundra of Colorado (it snowed last night) I'm not feeling hanging clothes out to dry. I think the regular cycle on my dryer is like 45 minutes. 

Just blew more money I can't really afford to get the other 2 bookcases I need...found 'em on Amazon for a good price. I need to hire an organizer to give me ideas for storage. I really don't have enough storage space for much of anything....

• Upvote 4

Abbie received another one of her boxes that emphasize her family has a heart for Israel and she used to live there, can you imagine? ? She unpacks it with her kids, taking her sweet time, all the while the twins are... you guessed it! Screaming in the background, unhappy, as Abbie says, that they are not getting attention.

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 4

11 minutes ago, The butcher's wife said:

Screaming in the background, unhappy, as Abbie says, that they are not getting attention.

Less than three months old, surely they should have worked out that Abbie's needs come first. /s

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

Her endless filming seems exhausting and fame-seeking. 

I have to admit I would probably be overwhelmed if I had twins and third kid under 2. But I wouldn't being overwhelmed all the time for the world to see. Abbie wants to be famous no matter how it looks. Hence the book deal and the endless filming.

#fameisnotthesameasgood

• Upvote 13

4 hours ago, The butcher's wife said:

all the while the twins are... you guessed it! Screaming in the background, unhappy, as Abbie says, that they are not getting attention.

Babies cry for a REASON!!! "unhappy they're not getting attention" my ass! And even if they do want attention, geez...they're what? Three months old??? Da fuq? Ok...so baby A is "spoiled rotten"...she squeaks and somebody picks her up. Thing is, she's gloriously certain that all her needs will be met in nothing flat. Now, there are times when she's crying sort of just to cry, we know that one because she sticks her lower lip out (oh my god it is so damn cute). She gets picked up and snuggled. She's an incredibly cuddly kid. To some it might seem we're spoiling her, but both she and her big sister E are sorta indulged on a regular basis. How to raise non-neurotic, secure kids...PAY ATTENTION TO THEM!!!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I have to admit I would probably be overwhelmed if I had twins and third kid under 2. But I wouldn't being overwhelmed all the time for the world to see. Abbie wants to be famous no matter how it looks. Hence the book deal and the endless filming.

#fameisnotthesameasgood

I would also be overwhelmed by that many little kids. This is why I don't intentionally keep having them. I feel a lot of sympathy toward women who find themselves overwhelmed by their kids for reasons beyond their control, or people who have surprise multiples and end up unexpectedly outnumbered, but Abbie has been in over her head for at least five kids now, and she definitely knew after only one or two that she was probably not the kind of person who was going to enjoy her kids' baby days, but she continues to get pregnant. It's like the old saw about the guy who goes to his doctor and complains, "Doc, it hurts when I go like this!" The doctor replies, "Well, stop doing that then!"

I made my first ever best friend when in kindergarten. She was half of a set of twins, which I thought was super amazing. Imagine how my mind was blown to learn that she had a twin brother and sister a year older than we were, a brother a year older than that, and another brother a year older than that. I LOVED going to play at their house because there was always someone around to figure out something fun. I thought having that many siblings so close in age was just amazing. Now that I'm childbearing age, I hope their mom is on a tropical beach somewhere, drinking something that has a little umbrella in it. At one point, she had six kids three and under, four of whom were twins less than a full year apart. I don't remember her ever so much as raising her voice. She was one of those people who are just joyfully well suited to having a crapload of kids. My point here, I guess, is that everyone who has a kid knows how it happened, and they know how to stop it from happening again if they want to. Abbie's very transparent posturing about being a relatable mom is lame. She could have stopped at one. Or two. Or three. Or...you get my drift. Nobody was forcing her to keep doing this, and now she doesn't have a way out that won't hurt a bunch of small people. I'd say it's sad, but it isn't sad for anyone except that passel of neglected kids. Abbie made her bed.

• Upvote 19

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

#fameisnotthesameasgood

The Duggar’s really opened the door for anyone thinking their mega family is a sure ticket to instant fame. It must hurt to realize when you’ve seen a few big families on TLC you’ve seen them all. Or do the fundies chasing fame never realize that? Most of them are so horribly unaware of reality.

27 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Babies cry for a REASON!!! "unhappy they're not getting attention" my ass! And even if they do want attention, geez...they're what? Three months old??? Da fuq? Ok...so baby A is "spoiled rotten"...she squeaks and somebody picks her up. Thing is, she's gloriously certain that all her needs will be met in nothing flat. Now, there are times when she's crying sort of just to cry, we know that one because she sticks her lower lip out (oh my god it is so damn cute). She gets picked up and snuggled. She's an incredibly cuddly kid. To some it might seem we're spoiling her, but both she and her big sister E are sorta indulged on a regular basis. How to raise non-neurotic, secure kids...PAY ATTENTION TO THEM!!!

The biggest irony of all this is that she had children because they’re such a precious blessing or whatever, but can’t be bothered to pay attention to them. The idea of “here you go have the most precious thing in the world but ignore it” makes no sense to me, and hardly seems Godly. 

Edited by SunnySide
Added words
  • Upvote 15

14 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

It's been really interesting to read everything about laundry locations. Where I used to live (Arizona and Hawaii), the washing machine is on the back porch. 

When I was little back in the ‘50s, I had a doll house which had its washing machine out on the back porch. Living in the northeast, I thought that was strange: What if it snowed? And wouldn’t it get rusty if rain hit it? 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, Joe Pukepail said:

Abbie's very transparent posturing about being a relatable mom is lame.

Letting her babies cry while she ignores them and keeps filming herself unwrapping a box makes her completely unrelatable to me at least. She treats Shiloh as if he should be an adult, able to understand and react on an adult level, and now she's treating the twin boys as toddlers, crying to annoy her. Geez the shiny gloss wore off them quickly - poor boys. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 6

I wonder if she will shave their newborn heads like she did with Shiloh. She didn’t like how uneven his baby hair was so she buzzed it all off. No ordinary person gives a single fuck if they have an infant with patchy hair. My younger son was born with a natural Mohawk. We thought it was cute and funny. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

15 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I've lived in places where the laundry was upstairs, downstairs, in the garage, in a shed in the back yard and in the kitchen. Right now my laundry "room" is also a storage room. I have full sized front loaders stacked to save room. Love it! IF I ever have a 2 story house again (I seriously doubt it, I love my little cave), the laundry would have to be on the 2nd floor. My old ass ain't trucking laundry up and down the stairs any more. 

In Arizona, we had a laundry room but I would hang things to dry on the fence around the pool...summertime, jeans would dry, no shit, in less than 30 minutes. Here in the frozen tundra of Colorado (it snowed last night) I'm not feeling hanging clothes out to dry. I think the regular cycle on my dryer is like 45 minutes. 

Just blew more money I can't really afford to get the other 2 bookcases I need...found 'em on Amazon for a good price. I need to hire an organizer to give me ideas for storage. I really don't have enough storage space for much of anything....

If you just need someone to help with the organizing process and don't mind a "non professional" give me a holler :)

• Love 4

I think about Mary Trump's book, which unironically spoke about attachment trauma resulting in Trump's disorders and cruelties. The more we learn about attachment (in short, picking up your kids and soothing them when they cry), the sadder situations like Shiloh's and Abbie's other children.

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 7

4 hours ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

If you just need someone to help with the organizing process and don't mind a "non professional" give me a holler :)

I probably will!!!!0

• Upvote 2

17 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

I think about Mary Trump's book, which unironically spoke about attachment trauma resulting in Trump's disorders and cruelties. The more we learn about attachment (in short, picking up your kids and soothing them when they cry), the sadder situations like Shiloh's and Abbie's other children.

When my dad was adopted in the 1950s, he was five years old. He had spent his entire life tied to his crib. He was nonverbal and wore diapers. His mom cooked a chicken for dinner during his first weeks home and instead of eating what she put on his plate, he tried to eat the bones and scraps from the trash can. He didn't understand what to do with the actually edible parts.

He had a better time of it in adulthood than most adoptees who experience that kind of early childhood trauma, and he ended up having an excellent career at an international relations organization, but the attachment issues affected him for the rest of his life. He was very "looking out for number one" in his interactions with people, even with his own kids. 

• Sad 29
  • Love 3

I saw her Instagram stories last night. I don't remember her exact wording, but it was something about how the best part of using Instagram for her is testifying for God, or leading people to Jesus, or something like that.   

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 3
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I saw her Instagram stories last night. I don't remember her exact wording, but it was something about how the best part of using Instagram for her is testifying for God, or leading people to Jesus, or something like that.   

I think she meant to say "the ego boost it gives me". Easy to mix up.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 5

Abbie posts the Thanksgiving morning clean-up. She says "we" but the only ones doing any real work are the children. Abbie is filming and Shaun is just kinda standing around by the babies who are perched precariously near the table edge.

I love the look of eclectic homes but this is not it. There's too many clashing  colors and patterns. The curtian rod behind the table is oversized but seems to only have a single set of curtains hanging and it looks bad. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-26-12-15-10.thumb.png.dc79f14fd17076f93c9ac8663ef801ae.pngScreenshot_2020-11-26-12-14-59.thumb.png.18d99eeec219fbd065bad04e107efd1b.pngScreenshot_2020-11-26-12-17-51.png.85b506b5307f700dcc5c23474a775e66.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

35 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie posts the Thanksgiving morning clean-up. She says "we" but the only ones doing any real work are the children. Abbie is filming and Shaun is just kinda standing around by the babies who are perched precariously near the table edge.

I love the look of eclectic homes but this is not it. There's too many clashing  colors and patterns. The curtian rod behind the table is oversized but seems to only have a single set of curtains hanging and it looks bad. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-11-26-12-15-10.thumb.png.dc79f14fd17076f93c9ac8663ef801ae.pngScreenshot_2020-11-26-12-14-59.thumb.png.18d99eeec219fbd065bad04e107efd1b.pngScreenshot_2020-11-26-12-17-51.png.85b506b5307f700dcc5c23474a775e66.png

I really don’t know why she puts those bouncers up on the table. In my experience, bouncers don’t always stay in one place. They move tiny amounts. You don’t notice it much until it’s been five minutes and the bouncer is a few inches away from where it started. They are so close to the edge. I’m surprised they haven’t fallen off yet.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

I don't really care about home decor, but WTF with putting the babies in the bouncers? on the tables.

The one on the right looks like a rocker! The middle is slightly curved and the ends come up. 

I guess Shaun is life-guarding, but why? Why would you put a rocking craddle on the table? 

The other one on the left looks flatter and not like a rocker. I can't tell if it's bouncer or not.  I would be nervous about it falling off the table. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic