IGNORED

M is for Mama 9: Mom of Ten, Dislikes Them All

nelliebelle1197

6 hours ago, fundiewatch said:

How do you keep your clothes soft and pliable with air drying? I’d love to do more of that. 

To be honest I've no idea - if they're dry I bring them in, fold and put away - and I guess they sort of become soft when you put them on? Exceptions are clothes that get ironed, which the ironing presumably does (they're all my husband's shirts, he irons them because I hate it), and if they haven't quite dried in winter then I air them inside on the clothes horse, which maybe does it? I know some friends do the last 5 or so mins in the dryer to make the towels softer (I'm apparently used to air dried towels because I don't bother) so that might be an option.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

15 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie the covidiot is still at it.  Taking an overnight trip to Dallas with Della and the babies.  Staying in a hotel and eating at a restaurant.  While cases skyrocket and every expert out there is screaming FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STAY HOME.  

I live in Dallas and this is infuriating. The county has been breaking records for covid cases this week and nearly 100% of retail businesses require masks!!! A ten year old should be wearing one and certainly her grown ass self should. They weren’t even on their necks or anywhere in sight in the photos. (several indoors)

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

6 hours ago, kesmom said:

I live in Dallas and this is infuriating. The county has been breaking records for covid cases this week and nearly 100% of retail businesses require masks!!! A ten year old should be wearing one and certainly her grown ass self should. They weren’t even on their necks or anywhere in sight in the photos. (several indoors)

I bet she’s already had it and knows it. I think the entitled fundies that have had Covid think they don’t need to wear masks. Sorry but it doesn’t work that way. Everyone still has to wear a mask even if you’ve had covid. 

• Upvote 9

Growing up the washer, dryer and freezer were in the big pantry next to the kitchen. 

Although we had a dryer, my mother preferred line drying clothes. Everything was line dried unless it was cold enough to freeze wet laundry.  Even then she'd hang clothes on a drying rack over the large floor register to dry with furnace heat and hang delicates over a rack placed in the bathtub.

Line dried towels, no matter how thick, dry rough and stiff-ish.  I do not like rough stiff towels.

Mr Dress and I have a laundry room downstairs next to the kitchen (no connecting door).  All the laundry is brought down and then carried clean upstairs to the master bedroom.  I don't love having to bring laundry downstairs, but I do love having a laundry room that is large enough to put up a huge folding drying rack for wool sweaters and my underwear.

The laundry room also has one of the back doors so in Spring and Fall (no bugs) I open the outside door whenever there is laundry on the rack so it can dry in fresh air.

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JMO said:

My 3 yr old and 90% of her class wear masks all day (aside from eating and napping). They can wear a damn mask. 

Bingo. My four year old wears it without complaint for preschool and other trips. My not-quite-two niece is learning to wear one for grocery shopping trips. These "adults" are literally showing that they have less maturity and grace over a piece of fabric than a toddler.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

Mark this day down on your calendar. Abbie somehow managed to write a birthday post for Della without a single backhanded compliment. Though it's still the usual fundie party line about being a special little indentured servant for Jesus. 

Didn't Abbie recently make a post how every single one of the kids having amazing dimples? Everyone is smiling here and the only dimples I see are Simon's.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-21-21-59-06.png.8ca0428398da6f6660b891f14532c856.pngScreenshot_2020-11-21-21-59-16.png.c0892ee7a109b5be4f038ddcf7ea5a35.png

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

So I read her post about the tradition of the 10 yr old trip and how when she found out she was pregnant she was worried about traveling with the twins but it worked out ok and was great anyway. First thought, why not delay the trip a few months for the babies to be a bit older? So that maybe they can be left home and it can be a true 1:1 trip? Second, IT'S A FUCKING PANDEMIC ABBIE! Maybe tell your daughter that she gets to have a special trip next year without the twinbies or a raging virus?!?!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, JMO said:

So I read her post about the tradition of the 10 yr old trip and how when she found out she was pregnant she was worried about traveling with the twins but it worked out ok and was great anyway. First thought, why not delay the trip a few months for the babies to be a bit older? So that maybe they can be left home and it can be a true 1:1 trip? Second, IT'S A FUCKING PANDEMIC ABBIE! Maybe tell your daughter that she gets to have a special trip next year without the twinbies or a raging virus?!?!

Because the trip is just as much for Braggie as it is for kids. Braggie and Jill Rod are basically the same person. Jill Rod does the exact same things. She will take a kid on a special birthday or graduation trip but it’s never for the kid. It’s always for Jill. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

Holy photoshop Batman! I can't decide what I dislike the most. The over saturation? The drab mud colored clothing? Abbie, Ezra, and Simon are so over photoshopped that their heads look superimposed. And how, HOW is Shaun able to look so disengaged? Just kinda casually squatting near some weird woman and her kids at the park. He has an awkward uncle vibe. 

The level of smug in today's post is repulsive. As a former 16 year old parent, Abbie can fuck right off with her advice. I did the job better than her because I actually enjoyed it. I didn't need to bullshit myself that I was "taking up the cross" or "submitting my will to the Father". My daughter wasn't the burden that Abbie makes her children out to be. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-22-16-40-40.png.44531766b13552fee2e11a7ae7c5d381.pngScreenshot_2020-11-22-16-40-51.png.2ceca0ebdf535ed1c8b7223bd53f5640.pngScreenshot_2020-11-22-16-41-01.thumb.png.c27482fd2f14f305d604c0e22be1e6bf.png

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 2

I'll admit to saying that if kid #3 had been kid #1 I'd have stopped right there...BUT...Even though my kids drove me nuts, left me broke, gave me grey hair...I wouldn't trade them for the WORLD!!! I adored them from before they were born. I adore them now. Kids are not for the faint of heart, nor those who like things clean and organized all the time. 

Braggie should never have had children. She's not happy and I'm sure those kids know it. I mean...I knew the mother didn't much care for me and it fucked me up (and is still fucking me up). My brats??? The three best things that ever happened to me. I couldn't imagine my life without them, even with the stretch marks and sags they left behind. Even with the "snot lines" I had on my jeans for years from where the little darlings would wipe their noses on me, the endless barf stains, drool, and other bodily fluids that I was covered with for so many years. I ADORE them. No, it wasn't all fun and games, there were some really hard times but...I can't say that I ever felt like Braggie claims to feel...talking all the time about how "hard" it is. Yeah, shit explosions suck ass, kids that would strip in their car seats in the middle of winter sucked, driving the little dweebs to school in the snow sucked, working, going to school and having kids sucked too...Thing is, even the sucky shit didn't take away from the joy and fun they brought and are still bringing to my life. 

Speaking of...I need to put the cookie dough together for the massive cookie batches I'm supposed to make for Thanksgiving. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

That is a terrible picture of Braggie. She looks like cousin It! You see nothing of her body! All you see is a ton of hair and bit of her face coming out from under that mess of hair. Why does she think that’s a good picture?!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That is a terrible picture of Braggie. She looks like cousin It! You see nothing of her body! All you see is a ton of hair and bit of her face coming out from under that mess of hair. Why does she think that’s a good picture?!

I know, right? She looks like a disembodied head.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 6

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It's kind of a weird picture - kind of a floating head above some kids. If she's having body issues she probably likes it because it doesn't show her body. Also everyone seems kind of hunched down except Shaun who would probably be better placed in the middle between Abbie and whichever son that is. Maybe he was and they rearranged, who knows.

Yeah, some of having kids is repetitive work. If you are choosing to limit family because you know that you can't meet the needs of more than the children you have then great. Your children don't deserve to be ignored because you want a cross to carry. The "I've heard the same from Christian families" followed immediately by "this isn't a post about family size" - so why the need to mention the Christian families then? Nowhere in Scripture does it say have as many kids as possible and ignore them after birth so you can prove how super-fertile and holy you are either.

Although I'm pretty sure there's something in there about not holding yourself up as a martyr.

Also you don't know what needs people are dealing with Abbie, and I doubt people confide in you about them. Not all needs are highly visible. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I honestly have never read anything from her that feels genuine. Her “hardisnotthesameasbad” motto makes no since. Life is hard. Period. The good stuff is hard. The bad stuff is hard. She might as well say, “Hard is not the same as potatoes.” It’s ridiculously dumb. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 11/21/2020 at 2:56 PM, JMO said:

My 3 yr old and 90% of her class wear masks all day (aside from eating and napping). They can wear a damn mask. 

The rule is age 2 and up here for masks. Baby Pearl isn't in daycare but she will be 3 next month and has been wearing a mask since March or April,so before age 2.5. She sees Mr. Pearl and I always wear one, and we don't make it a big deal. Where we live, I see everyone wear masks because it is the rule if you want to enter a building. After all these months, she really doesn't know anything else. When we get in the car she'll say, do we have my mask? It's just a routine like teeth brushing at this point. And no, that isn't sad or upsetting, it's just life right now. When she asks why, we say "there's a sickness" or "there's a germ" and we move on. No hysterics about how a 2 year old shouldn't need a mask, about how her childhood is being robbed, about how we are failing our children etc. It's a piece of cloth and we celebrate that they have bunnies, dinosaurs, space, etc. on them.

Edited by Eternalbluepearl
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 11

And Shiloh's off to the side again, like he's not even part of the same family (though at least being held by a parent this time). Hardisnotthesameasbad should apply to toddlers too. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Zommom said:

Seriously, can somebody please tell me what the hell this means? 

F150AD50-3298-4F7D-AC29-FC8468BDF905.png

The fact that something is hard should not be the most important thing about it, but neither should the fact that it is hard.

This woman is writing a whole book? She should thank Jesus for editors.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

Apparently, Abbie has twins because god didn't want her to miss out on a "super rad experience". The "sheer radness" of babies is impressive to her. This woman has a book contract.

She says there's two camps: people who think twins sound fun and one that thinks it sounds hard. There's a third camp: those who could care less about something they have no control over. Maybe a fourth camp: people who don't want babies at all.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-11-23-11-49-43.png.72e4e9e25e5cec95a4c68381ac456b8e.pngScreenshot_2020-11-23-11-49-48.thumb.png.eeadaded5368a0f0be99196320d844c8.pngScreenshot_2020-11-23-11-49-56.png.b94bfe7569b81d59dbbecac62542034a.png

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 4

15 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Apparently, Abbie has twins because god didn't want her to miss out on a "super rad experience". The "sheer radness" of babies is impressive to her. This woman has a book contract.

She says there's two camps: people who think twins sound fun and one that thinks it sounds hard. There's a third camp: those who could care less about something they have no control over. Maybe a fourth camp: people who don't want babies at all.

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-11-23-11-49-43.png.72e4e9e25e5cec95a4c68381ac456b8e.pngScreenshot_2020-11-23-11-49-48.thumb.png.eeadaded5368a0f0be99196320d844c8.pngScreenshot_2020-11-23-11-49-56.png.b94bfe7569b81d59dbbecac62542034a.png

She doesn’t like to be pregnant? Wow. Never knew. ? There is no such intelligent person that only thinks of twins as fun. She is trying so “hard” to make her slogan a thing. We get it, Abby. Life has many hardships, but how have you learned and grown through your challenges? 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, Zommom said:

Seriously, can somebody please tell me what the hell this means? 

F150AD50-3298-4F7D-AC29-FC8468BDF905.png

"Hard is not a badge of honour". For a woman who never shuts up about how she is overcoming the hardness of it all she sure sounds like she thinks it is. 

42 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

And then they grow into toddlers and she apparently pushes them away in favour of the next baby. Hey Abbie - here's an idea. Focus on the children you have, all of them. 

• Upvote 9

English isn't my first language, obviously, and yet her writing style makes me cringe and I probably miss most of the really bad parts.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

Did anyone see her insta story in which she had a "Doctor's" statement that covid 19 is no worse than mild flu, and the whole big deal being made out of it is a lie.  I'm paraphrasing, but it was nauseating, and I missed a chance to screenshot it, I thought for sure someone else might catch it and post it.  She is so ignorant. 

• Upvote 3
  • Angry 4
  • Disgust 1

If she only said it in her stories then she is a cow ward. She can’t handle any negative feedback she would get on an actual post bragging about her extreme ignorance.

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic