IGNORED

Can you tell a Biden Fridge vs a Trump Fridge

Maggie Mae

The NY Times has this article/interactive today, and it was a fun little distraction. Can you guess the political leanings of a person based on their fridge? Makes me want to go around a and clean other people's fridges. 

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/10/27/upshot/biden-trump-poll-quiz.html 

• Upvote 3

I got 56 percent.  I was kind of surprised that 

Spoiler

the two empty fridges were “Biden fridges,” based on that tired meme that full fridges belonged to welfare/SNAP recipients, and almost-empty ones tp “hard-working people working paycheck to paycheck.”

8 hours ago, smittykins said:

I got 56 percent. 

I managed to get 67% but felt kind of like a garbage person when some of the assumptions I was making turned out to be true. We also realized that we were lucky no one asked us to participate. Front and center, nalgene bottles with political stickers, but right next to an American beers, but also craft beers, ghee, homemade canned kimchi, icelandic yogurt, and tupperwear. Some of the more obvious tells, IMO, were bottled water vs reusuable bottles or pitchers, quality of Tupperwear, and brand of yogurt. 

I'm also horrified at the number of people keeping things in the fridge that really don't need to be or shouldn't be. 

Edited by Maggie Mae
  • Upvote 1

I was at about 46%.  I'm not that good at guessing the contents of people's fridges since the only fridge I really ever see is my own at home.  I don't see other people's fridges that often, especially now with the pandemic going on.

• I Agree 1

I was at 57% but some of it was guessing. If I saw tea in the fridge I went with Trump (I guess because it seems “southern “?) Bottled water I usually went with Biden. For me, this was interesting but nothing profound. ??‍♀️ 

• Upvote 1

On 10/30/2020 at 6:16 PM, Maggie Mae said:

I'm also horrified at the number of people keeping things in the fridge that really don't need to be or shouldn't be. 

I do this.  I really need to reevaluate how I store stuff since I changed my eating habits.

I was at 38% when I quit, but I am kind of horrified by how many people would submit pics without cleaning their fridge first.  This is why I don't eat at potlucks.

• Upvote 1

I'm scary - 80%.  I was just going by gut not analyzing really.  I'm not sure how much validity their analysis has either.  

I realized my "gut" was going by the difference in my refrigerator and the neighbors who are Trump supporters.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 1