IGNORED

Cody Brown vs Warren Jeffs

Guest abbra

Of course they've all drunk the koolaid about requiring plural wives to gain more rewards in the afterlife...it's the only way the wives can preserve their sanity when confronted with the jealousies and conflict, especially since Robyn-the-midlife-crisis wife showed up.

While I think Cody's an idiot, he's not into pedophilia, forced marriage or group sex in the way Jeffs was...

Big, big, big difference between the two. Despite fundamental, traditional LDS beliefs regarding polygamy, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

The biggest thing for me is the way the kids respond to Kody. Little Truely lights up and will reach out to him. The kids jump on him, sit on his lap, and all in all, seem to enjoy being with their dad. Kody spends time with his kids in a way the Duggars could learn from.

The relationship between the wives and Kody fascinate me, and this is where his douchebaggery shows the most. However, I can forgive a lot due to the way he treats his kids. They are allowed to be individuals, and allowed to speak their minds.

If they were really wanting their kids to stay in polygamy, why the hell would they move away from UT and their social support group?

Someone on another forum predicted that they are indeed moving back to UT, and are building a house on the land Kody was showing in one of the earlier seasons. That was supposedly the big dream for all of them Christine indicated they will only be in Vegas for 18 months (I wonder if that was a slip on her part).

The biggest thing for me is the way the kids respond to Kody. Little Truely lights up and will reach out to him. The kids jump on him, sit on his lap, and all in all, seem to enjoy being with their dad. Kody spends time with his kids in a way the Duggars could learn from.

The relationship between the wives and Kody fascinate me, and this is where his douchebaggery shows the most. However, I can forgive a lot due to the way he treats his kids. They are allowed to be individuals, and allowed to speak their minds.

From what I've seen, the girls don't appear to be treated like second class citizens either. And the boys help with the cooking.

But "Truely"? Seriously, that's just cruel. Truely Scrumptious? Chitty, Chitty Bang Bang was it?

If they were really wanting their kids to stay in polygamy, why the hell would they move away from UT and their social support group?

Someone on another forum predicted that they are indeed moving back to UT, and are building a house on the land Kody was showing in one of the earlier seasons. That was supposedly the big dream for all of them Christine indicated they will only be in Vegas for 18 months (I wonder if that was a slip on her part).

I thought Christine said they would be in the house for 18 months? I understood that to mean that she had an 18 month lease and not the length of time they would spend in Utah.

I hope the move wasn't just for the show's sake, especially because of what the children have been through, especially the one teenage boy (Hunter?).

Aspen is getting popular in my town, with various spellings. It is not common, but it is within acceptable bounds in Central Washington at least. MyKelti sounds like a dog name.

It's Truely Brown. The last name is important here.

The horrendous names are actually how I tell the difference between Janelle's and Christine's 12 kids. Christine's kids have all the terrible names, Janelle's kids all have normal names (like Logan)

I live in Colorado, and girls named Aspen are common. There are 2 in my daughter's class alone. It is my personal pet peeve when people take a perfectly reasonable name, and then make it funky and subject their child to a lifetime of misspellings and having to correct people.

C'mon, I'm not the only one who's heard the old cliche that nature noun names are associated with "adult entertainers"?

It is my personal pet peeve when people take a perfectly reasonable name, and then make it funky and subject their child to a lifetime of misspellings and having to correct people.

Mine too, big time. I think it is unfair to the child, though people can do whatever they want. Yesterday, I saw a woman wearing a shirt that said "Klowie and Kodee's Mom."

I think Klowie=Chloe? There is nothing wrong with being a little creative, but it screams attention-seeking when normal names are misspelled terribly. Things like Callie to Kallie aren't that bad. My name, though quite common, has a few different spellings and I have to constantly spell it for people as a result.

Warren Jeffs also said he was/is a prophet. Just an all around evil, delusional, and sick man. Coddy irritates the hell out of me, but I think he is relatively harmless. I come from a big LDS family and they (my family) don't dig too deep into the history of the Church or the weirder beliefs, and don't talk about them. My grandmothers and aunts were livid that I watched Big Love. They hated the show, but never watched it and weren't quite sure what it was about. They just knew that Heavenly father did not approve, it was anti-mormon and full of S-E-X. They had a point. ;) We also don't talk about the fact that Joeseph Smith married women already married to men, usually LDS.

Edited for a riffle.

Aspen is getting popular in my town, with various spellings. It is not common, but it is within acceptable bounds in Central Washington at least. MyKelti sounds like a dog name.

It's Truely Brown. The last name is important here.

I think she appropriated her daughter's name from actor Mykelti Williamson--perhaps thinking she's being kre8iv in using a "boy" name on a girl.

And when she announced her new baby's name, she made sure to point out that it was "Truely Grace Brown." Because NOBODY would every just call the baby "Truely Brown." Oh no. Would NEVER dawn on them. As Paula Poundstone said, "Does no one remember the cruelty of the schoolyard?"

I think she appropriated her daughter's name from actor Mykelti Williamson--perhaps thinking she's being kre8iv in using a "boy" name on a girl.

And when she announced her new baby's name, she made sure to point out that it was "Truely Grace Brown." Because NOBODY would every just call the baby "Truely Brown." Oh no. Would NEVER dawn on them. As Paula Poundstone said, "Does no one remember the cruelty of the schoolyard?"

OMG, I luv-luv-luv Paula Poundstone!

Archived