IGNORED

Where in the World is Doug Phillips (Who is a Tool)? Part 12

Coconut Flan

I’m…kind of impressed. Because yes, the Reagan Republicans (not that I ever was one) would fully back Ukraine and see the monster Putin as the potential destabilizing force in the entire world.

I guess a stopped clock is correct twice a day, etc. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Jasmar said:

Wow, I’m kind of shocked. Does anyone listen to the VF page anymore? I hope so.

I have no idea. Whoever runs that page has a pretty strong block game; anyone who asks too many questions or brings up Doug’s past gets kicked out pretty quickly. My guess is that most of the followers are people not familiar with Vision Forum who just like the Americana and conservative Christian posts. They won’t be bothered to see who’s posting them. It’s kind of ironic that now, when Doug could maybe use his platform for good and to correct misinformation, he has to deal with how he destroyed it and his credibility. The man who loved to hear himself talk is just shouting into the wind to a bunch of bots. 

• Upvote 7

17 hours ago, Columbia said:

My guess is that most of the followers are people not familiar with Vision Forum who just like the Americana and conservative Christian posts.

Sounds about right although there might be a few diehard VF leghumpers.

• Upvote 3

I thought that was a very powerful VF post.  It called out, hard, all the people who consume and flog reich-wing disinformation on many topics, not just Putin and Ukraine,  but also Christians/Conservatives with no heart to help the suffering. 

Of course, the author must have been oblivious to starvation in Yemen, 5 million dead over the years in the war in Congo, utter devastation in Syria wrought by Putin,  the horrible plight of desperate refugees at our own border.  Oooops, wrong color/wrong religion.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, Howl said:

Oooops, wrong color/wrong religion.

Now, now, he did tell those Haitian children to learn English so they could be adopted by nice American families. 

• Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, but Doug's second eldest daughter, Jubilee, and her husband, Adam Ruppert (married 9/16/21), are expecting their first baby in July.

1549412565_Screenshot-JubileeandAdamRuppert.png.4d2a454739d4476da121cebe10ac7236.png

https://www.babylist.com/jubilee-ruppert

1172733258_Screenshot-BeallPhillips.thumb.png.7b8b02c5f4dae130958bfcca34e68bb0.png

Girl! Expecting a GIRL, not a baby which means piiiiinnnnk!!11!! 🙄

Edited by Mrs Ms
Added emoji to hopefully convey my sarcasm.
  • Upvote 4

Oh, I dunno, Dougie—how about supporting your wife? I kinda think that’d be worth doing.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, Hane said:

Oh, I dunno, Dougie—how about supporting your wife? I kinda think that’d be worth doing.

Thatʻll be a challenge considering the Cinema of Wonders website is locked down & password protected. 

Maybe heʻs planning to make big money off his "feature film."

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Didn’t he have some movie about a football player in WW2 that was supposed to come out soon? Whatever happened to that? 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

Didn’t he have some movie about a football player in WW2 that was supposed to come out soon? Whatever happened to that? 

Itʻs been at least 6 years since he shot the footage, so Iʻd guess no one was interested in a cosplay event masquerading as a serious WW II biopic.

• Upvote 5

IIRC "Bobby Bowden Goes to War" was originally filmed in the summer of 2015. Most of the teasers on Doug's social media weren't posted until a good 2 or 3 years later, so I wonder if maybe Dougie & Co. (aka "Momentum Media") had something lined up when they cobbled together the initial financing to make it (in the early days there were some claims that it was for Discovery), but the bottom fell out later, due to either the amateur-ish production values, or Dougie's tainted reputation. Or both. Doug then worked on it himself and tried shopping it around for distribution, but nothing (to my knowledge} ever came of it.

He also supposedly wrote a screenplay he was trying to sell, about a post-WWI rugby match between the US and France, but I doubt that went anywhere.

I do think he's in the UK working on something now (he loves to post old footage and insinuate that it's current, but in this case he actually seems to be there), but I doubt it's one of "his" projects, I assume he's just a hired hand.

Exactly who the hell would hire him is a mystery, though there are tons of streaming services filming tons of content, and Dougie is hardly the only low budget cinematographer with a hinky reputation. Someone must have been desperate enough to scrap him off the bottom of whatever barrel he was hiding in.

I actually think it's possible he's still getting some work in the Christian film industry. I've suspected (but never been able to confirm) that the "trafficking" documentary he filmed in India in 2017 might have been one of Kelly (Leininger) Greyson's "philanthropy" projects. I don't think it's ever seen the light of day either.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

Kelly Greyson is 32?!? 

Well, whatever her age, it doesn't sound like that movie helped her career.

Hereʻs what the NYT reviewer said, written last December before the revelation of Willisʻ illness:

...Mercenaries have stormed a secluded retirement community to seize $600 million in cryptocurrency....Bruce Willis, enlisted to play the hero, pockets his salary while giving the acting gig his absolute least....At the same time, a sports-bra clad resort manager (Kelly Greyson) explains that the compound was deliberately constructed on an energy vortex that scrambles Wi-Fi, satellites and drones. [Emphasis added]

@AnnaSofia -- great summary of Dougieʻs film career, which seems to be all hat and no cattle, as they say in TX.

Edited by hoipolloi
Fixed typo
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

Most record sites place Kelly's birth year as 1977, so she's 44/45.

She married Richard Welch 25 years ago, which seems unlikely if she was 7; though there are lawmakers in Tennessee who apparently wouldn't have a problem with it 🤢

• Thank You 4

2 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

She married Richard Welch 25 years ago, which seems unlikely if she was 7; though there are lawmakers in Tennessee who apparently wouldn't have a problem with it 🤢

My thoughts exactly. 

I will say that she looks to be in very good shape on her public IG account whether sheʻs 32, 44/45 or something else!

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

In other Phillips news, this was unexpected...

Wow. How far they have all come from the days of VF, "covenant weddings," and SAHDs. Itʻs good to see.

I hope that Faith can make a performing career for herself. 

• Upvote 10

• 2 weeks later...

As predicted, Liberty Phillips and Operation Meatball are now moving the grift on to Vietnam War vets:

I’ve spent my life living and breathing the world of my World War Two veterans… but over the years, Vietnam keeps coming back to me - pricking my finger and whispering in my ear, “Do not forget us. Hold my hand and listen to my stories.”

829496273_LibertyPhillipsLatestGrift.thumb.jpg.995954cc1186b14cab56ba5ae61274f5.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • Thank You 3

As Viet Nam era vets are my peers and I know exactly how we dressed...

But snark aside, if she does a good job of documenting stories as an oral history project...I hope she checks in with some historians about the best way to go about this. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Columbia said:

The Korean War must have forgotten to whisper her way. 

I wonder how long it will be till the Iraq & Afghanistan Wars start whispering to her.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

I wonder how long it will be till the Iraq & Afghanistan Wars start whispering to her.

Still plenty of Vietnam vets. She moved to a later war, because they are fewer and fewer surviving World War II vets and the Vietnam vets are getting older.  She likes old vets, not young ones.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

The Vietnam War is apparently having a very belated surge in popularity :pb_confused:

One of Sarah Meister's sons even attends reenactments:  http://www.romantichistory.com/2021/09/vietnam-reenactment-at-fort-harrison.html

I'm too young to remember the war, but even I'm old enough to remember when the whole concept of a Vietnam War reenactment was parodied on the show "TV Nation" in the 90s. It's a bit surreal.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic